Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:33 PM

Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia (136055 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos) / The Benin Monarch Frowns At Display Of Political Hooliganism By EDHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 12:15am On Aug 28, 2016
Biafrran war veteran touring a journalist around one of Biaffran inventions...Armoured Scorpion Bazooka Tank equipped with anti tank gun with ability to rotate 360 degrees.

106 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 12:15am On Aug 28, 2016
Biafran Red Devil. Considered one of the greatest feats of the Biafrran Research and Production Unit. What made this Armoured tank a feat was it was designed like a armoured personal carrier tank but equipped with hidden high powered anti tank guns with ability to shoot targets with precision from all angles at 360 degrees. How Biaffran Biafrran Research and Production Unit got to know about this esoteric technology in 1960s when it was only known by a few western powers...TILL THIS DAY REMAINS A MYSTERY!

134 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 12:15am On Aug 28, 2016
Biafrran Armoured Personnel Carrier Tank. Compare this rare circular tank design with the alien saucer-shaped spacecraft in the link below. Were the Biaffran Research and Production Unit trying to do some reverse engineering? Remember this was designed and manufactured in 1960s when the whole of Africa was in technological darkness.

http://www.rickrichards.com/ufo/UFO3.htm

86 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 12:17am On Aug 28, 2016
Biafrran Grenade Launcher used to launch the dreaded grenade "Ogbunigwe” (mass killer when interpreted in English)

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ibehKachukwu: 12:23am On Aug 28, 2016
E dey blood.

No be juju

282 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 12:23am On Aug 28, 2016
Picture 1. Another of Biafrran tank. This white lady can't believe what she is seeing.

Picture 2 and 3: Uncompleted project: Biafran submarines nearing completion before the war ended. Can be seen at the Museum in Umuahia.

picture 4: Biafran converted bomber aircraft. Some non bomber fighter aircrafts were converted into a weaponized/bomber fighter jet by the Biafran engineers and scientists. Most of these were destroyed/incinerated after the war by the Nigeria military during the bombing of Uli Airport. However few of the Biafran engineers and scientists who went into exile with the conversion prototype, replicated the aircraft in early 2000s without the wing bombers.

Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine of Biafran Resistance By Francis Nnamdi Elekwachi
http://africandemocrat.com/content/uli-airport-symbolic-shrine-biafran-resistance-francis-nnamdi-elekwachi

167 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 12:28am On Aug 28, 2016
Biafrran Armoured Car usually equipped with high powered machine guns or simply used as a reconnaissance armoured vehicle.

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by letsbet(m): 12:30am On Aug 28, 2016
Thats quite an impressive looking tank right there. Our Igbo brothers are really the front runners of I.T in Nigeria.

313 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by kaltonga: 12:30am On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:
Biafrran war veteran touring a journalist around one of Biaffran inventions...Armoured Tank equipped with anti tank gun with ability to rotate 360 degrees.
igbo is no doubt a great race..time shall alwaystell

226 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by kettykin: 12:38am On Aug 28, 2016
With all this metal scraps yet biafra still woefully lost the war, which simply makes technology not the sole means of winning a country backed by Britain and Soviet union.
If Biafra had built more of Airborne vehicles and rockets that could haul payloads and hit with precision, targets that are more than 100 km away in dodan barracks, Kano, Kaduna etc possibly the war could have been prolonged, if biafra had mastered the art and technology of building under ground tunnels with fish ponds , poultry farms, water purification plants, refined pharmaceutical plants , nuclear power stations, nuclear arsenals, nuclear powered submarines that could blow up all the naval ships of the invaders, biafra would definitely have won the war after just 6 days.

Any body promoting biafra must be a mad and insane person. Igbos should just be contented in nigeria

127 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 12:40am On Aug 28, 2016
Biafrran heavily crafted crude oil refining column called Biafran pot. Pay attention to the precision of the welds and metal quality. Over Hundreds of these were manufactured, along with series of piping manifolds, brought refined oil...diesel, kerosene, fuel and aviation fuel for military, government, public and private use. Mere looking at it, it may seem like a simple design, wait until you visit the museum and physically inspect it to appreciate the work of these geniuses. All of the valves you see are a function of distillation process that separates the crude into derivative constituent fuels; each valve streaming out diesel, kerosene, fuel, e.t.c.

227 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 12:41am On Aug 28, 2016
Ojukwu Bunker in Umuahia. When western delegates visited this bunker after the war, they were shocked that blacks could build such a sophisticated bunker with air control and ventilation systems as far back as 1960s...a technology only known to top western countries at the time. These Biiiafran engineers were way ahead of their time!

The civil war was not only a secession war, it was a war of technology; to stop Biiiafra technology prowess and ascendence before it's too late!

174 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by kettykin: 12:42am On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:
Biafrran Grenade Launcher used to launch the dreaded grenade "Ogbunigwe” (mass killer when interpreted in English)

The ogbunigwe is my favourite of all biafran weapons, this weapon was used by an unknown major jonathan uchendu to wipe out the entire 2nd division of the nigerian army on march 31 1968, killing more than 5900 soldiers of the army leaving murtala mohammed and a few soldiers to narrowly escape after which murtala mohammed proceeded on a self imposed exile to Britain where he was a until the end of the war.

This weapon was purely a biafran invention and has no western world replica

312 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by PaulIdu: 12:53am On Aug 28, 2016
kettykin:

The ogbunigwe is my favourite of all biafran weapons, this weapon was used by an unknown major jonathan uchendu to wipe out the entire 2nd division of the nigerian army on march 31 1968, killing more than 5900 soldiers of the army leaving murtala mohammed and a few soldiers to narrowly escape after which murtala mohammed proceeded on a self imposed exile to Britain where he was a until the end of the war.

This weapon was purely a biafran invention and has no western world replica

How can a grenade launcher wipe out an entire division. .my friend you talk like a learner .

120 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by princefunmmy(m): 1:01am On Aug 28, 2016
Good one!.. But na fake fake products Dem dey do now

14 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by kettykin: 1:03am On Aug 28, 2016
PaulIdu:

How can a grenade launcher wipe out an entire division. .my friend you talk like a learner .

The information is not hidden at all it is there on the Internet https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abagana_Ambush
So devastating was the brutal slaughter of the 2nd division of the army that murtala mohammed was relieved of his command of any division and went on a self imposed exile .

The ogbunigwe was again used to halt the advance of the nigerian army during the operation o.a.u
All though through combat means the biafra forces again reduced the size of the 3rd Marine Commando commanded by Benjamin Adekunle from 35000 to a mere 300 soldiers.

219 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by aresa: 1:06am On Aug 28, 2016
PaulIdu:

I was even shocked he did not say the whole of Nigeria... grin

Chest beating is serious business... grin

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 1:07am On Aug 28, 2016
PaulIdu:

It wasn't a grenade launcher per se, but the Biafrran military re-engineered the ogbunike into an unknown technology that they refused to disclose till this day. It was done in such a way that the damage will ignite a chain reaction and evidently catastrophic. Yes the guy you replied is right in the casualty, though I think it was more. It was the most deadly military loss ever encountered by the Nigerian military. I mean thousands of Nigerian military personnel and hundreds of armoured vehicles entering Abagana in a convoy in excess of 50km stretch were incinerated, and most died instantly. How Muritila Mohammad and his crew escaped, remains a mystery. This attack was led by Hannibal of Biafrra General Joe Achuzia in an operation code-named HEROSHIMA.

We don't lie here, we provide evidence; pictures or video. The video is on youtube...here is direct video excerpt of the event.
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8295930

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3DxzaVtZH8

201 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by kettykin: 1:09am On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:
Biafrran heavily crafted crude oil refinery column called Biafran pot. Pay attention to the precision of welds and metal quality. Over Hundreds of these were manufactured, along with series of piping manifolds, brought refined oil...diesel, kerosene, fuel and aviation fuel for military, government, public and private use.
Prof Gordian Ezekwe was the person who pioneered the biafran mobile refineries several light years before the world started talking about modular refineries , so effective were the refinery that there was no shortage of petroleum products and there was no importation of petroleum products into biafran soil, biafra powered all its war machines with their fuel unlike nigeria that relied on imports and still till date rely on subsidised Imported fuel.

Biafran engineering invented modular refineries and mobile refineries which the world is even yet to contemplate.

173 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by kettykin: 1:11am On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:

It wasn't a grenade launcher per se, but the Biafrran military re-engineered the ogbunike into an unknown technology that they refused to disclose till this day. It was done in such a way that the damage will ignite a chain reaction and evidently catastrophic. Yes the guy you replied is right in the casualty, though I think it was more. It was the most deadly military loss ever encountered by the Nigerian military. I mean over thousands of Nigerian military personnel and hundreds of armoured vehicles entering Abagana in a convoy in excess of 50km stretch were incinerated, and most died instantly. How Muritila Mohammad and his crew escaped, remains a mystery. The video is on youtube...

Thanks for the enlightenment

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 1:17am On Aug 28, 2016
Professor Gordian Ezekwe regarded by his peers as "superhuman" led the Biafrran Research and Production Unit. Like Prof Bart Nnaji, Prof. Ezekwe was a visiting professor to top engineering schools in UK and US teaching white people on complex mechanical designs.

217 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by aresa: 1:19am On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:

It wasn't a grenade launcher per se, but the Biafrran military re-engineered the ogbunike into an unknown technology that they refused to disclose till this day. It was done in such a way that the damage will ignite a chain reaction and evidently catastrophic. Yes the guy you replied is right in the casualty, though I think it was more. It was the most deadly military loss ever encountered by the Nigerian military. I mean thousands of Nigerian military personnel and hundreds of armoured vehicles entering Abagana in a convoy in excess of 50km stretch were incinerated, and most died instantly. How Muritila Mohammad and his crew escaped, remains a mystery. The video is on youtube...

Chain reaction..lmao..

You people no go kille pesin with lafta I swear... grin grin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 28, 2016
What baffled me till this day was all of these sophisticated weapons and inventions were carried out in 1960s within a very short time, we are talking about 3yrs...so the Igbos knew all these then? Just imagined had Nigerian government absorbed all of the B!afran engineers and scientists. I know IBB pleaded with Prof Ezekwe to lead the ministry of science and technology but never disclosed much as a minister...his heart was with B!afra I guess.Lol

187 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cassidy1996(m): 2:23am On Aug 28, 2016
i can still remember those days when we used to see (Igbo made! products) in the markets, those products were far more better than the (Aba made) we see now.......Ojukwu my main man R.I.P

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 28, 2016
Those were parts bought from the international market and crudely put together by the Biafrans. If those parts were indeed made in Biafra what happened to the foundries that made the parts? Did anyone destroy any factory after the war?
I don't understand why people are lying to themselves.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:
Ojukwu Bunker in Umuahia. When western delegates visited this bunker after the war, they were shocked that blacks could build such a sophisticated bunker with air control and ventilation systems as far back as 1960s...a technology only known to top western countries at the time. These Biiiafran engineers were way ahead of their time!

The civil war was not only a secession war, it was a war of technology; to stop Biiiafra technology prowess and ascendence before it's too late!

They were surprised blacks could dig a hole in the ground? Something ancient Egyptians accomplished before we started recording dates?

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
[s]Those were parts bought from the international market and crudely put together by the Biafrans. If those parts were indeed made in Biafra what happened to the foundries that made the parts? Did anyone destroy any factory after the war?
I don't understand why people are lying to themselves. [/s]

Typical yorubba...can't contain their envy of Igbos. Keep disgracing your kinsmen!

303 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 28, 2016
new2020:

Typical yorubba...can't contain their envy of Igbos. Keep disgracing your kinsmen!

This goes against any logical reasoning. You need heavy machineries to make those parts you are looking at, what happened to those machineries? The fairies took them back when you lost the war?

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Warship: 2:52am On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
Those were parts bought from the international market and crudely put together by the Biafrans. If those parts were indeed made in Biafra what happened to the foundries that made the parts? Did anyone destroy any factory after the war?
I don't understand why people are lying to themselves.
aresa:

Chain reaction..lmao..
You people no go kille pesin with lafta I swear... grin grin

Afonjas doing what they know best even when the all whole know that they can't produced a single candle let alone war machines

203 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 28, 2016
Warship:

Afonjas doing what they know best even when the all whole know that they can't produced a single candle let alone war machines

Other people can see through your vainglorious stupidity. It makes you more of a joker than people to be taken seriously. Even a bicycle factory should not disappear from the surface of the planet in such a short time without any concious effort by somebody much less a factory that made military tanks.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
[s]

This goes against any logical reasoning. You need heavy machineries to make those parts you are looking at, what happened to those machineries? The fairies took them back when you lost the war?[/s]

**** you need heavy machineries to make those parts abi? If B!afrans engineers and scientists reasoned like your amala brain, they would not have manufactured a simple device. Whenever Ojukwu will tell them to manufacture a weapon or device for the survival of the B!afran nation...they will all reply with your amala thinking brain " WE NEED HEAVY MACHINERIES TO MANUFACTURE THAT DEVICE" ****You see why Igbos don't reason like you people? ****

Go and see if Innoson uses heavy machineries to manufacture aviation parts for Nigerian Air force. Only if you will travel out of your amala region to Nnewi...do you know that cars and trucks mechanical parts that most Nigerians use...gear box, fuel pumps, water pumps, transmissions are manufactured in Nnewi and branded as made in Japan? Go and tell Abdsulami Abubakar he doesn't know what he was saying when he visited Nnewi last week.

341 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Warship: 3:00am On Aug 28, 2016
kettykin:
With all this metal scraps yet biafra still woefully lost the war, which simply makes technology not the sole means of winning a country backed by Britain and Soviet union.
If Biafra had built more of Airborne vehicles and rockets that could haul payloads and hit with precision, targets that are more than 100 km away in dodan barracks, Kano, Kaduna etc possibly the war could have been prolonged, if biafra had mastered the art and technology of building under ground tunnels with fish ponds , poultry farms, water purification plants, refined pharmaceutical plants , nuclear power stations, nuclear arsenals, nuclear powered submarines that could blow up all the naval ships of the invaders, biafra would definitely have won the war after just 6 days.

Any body promoting biafra must be a mad and insane person. Igbos should just be contented in nigeria

Sometimes you talk without deep research and reasoning.

One reason we lost the war, was because no one knew how to build ammunitions technology

If the Biafrans, knew how to produced bullets and shells, the money they spent importing one bullet, would have been used to produce 100 local bullets/shells.

The capacity to produced 100 local bullets/shell for one foreign bullet/shell, would have meant more bullets/shells for Biafra troops.

So the technology that we lacked that rendered Biafra weak is the bullet/shell technology and also jet engine technology

Till today, bullet/shell technology and jet engine technology are yet to be developed.

23 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) / Leah Sheribu Gives Birth To Baby Boy For Boko Haram Commander / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.