Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia (136455 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos) / The Benin Monarch Frowns At Display Of Political Hooliganism By EDHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 1:10am On Aug 30, 2016
ourchoice:
My brother, stop arguing them blindly, they are correct and u are somehow correct too, so let me clear the air for u guys.

My uncle was one of the head of Biafran research scientists, he was an engineer with Nigerian Railway before the war broke out, so after the war broke out, Britain/US/Egypt/etc were angry with Ojukwu/Biafra for trying to divide British strongest African colony, so Biafra was blocked from receiving any military assistance from any foreign nation via sea or air, so Ojukwu summoned all welders, mechanics, carpenters, artisans, etc to put heads together and invent war weapons, artillery, machines, etc needed to make Biafra a self-sufficient nation in terms of technology.

Ojukwu then converted all Technical Schools in Biafra land to research centers where weapons and machineries were built.

Some of those Technical schools then had furnaces, foundary equipments, etc, and Biafra engineers reconstructed and remodeled them to suite their need.

Even BBC reporter that visited Aba in 1968 was wowed and screamed that a small black nation struggling for freedom has just built the first ever African made armored tank, and this was broadcast live on BBC and VOA, and the whitemen became even angrier with Biafra because they know that if Biafra succeeds in getting independence from Nigeria, they will sustain their war technologies and even advance like Germans did after 1st and 2nd world war, so they made sure Biafra lost the war.

So don't argue it, Igbos are highly gifted in terms of craft, technology and science.

While in primary school, my elder siblings in secondary school and those that just finished secondary school constructed a locally made generator using local materials, but our limitation was that the generator light was fluctuating and destroying bulbs, we couldn't solve the problem and we abandoned the project due to lack of money.

We constructed a lot of engineering stuff, from electric bell, to radio amplifier to antenna, to radio receiver, etc. We were just playing with technology then. That was around 1994.

It is rampant in Igbo land then for youths to construct engineering equipments for fun. If Igbos succeeded in having Biafra then, believe me, Biafra would have had her own national technology like China, India...maybe not as sophisticated as European and American techs
pls sir, kindly provide us with video links to the BBC reporter who visited aba in 1968 and was wowed by your tech advances

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by DonBobes(m): 1:32am On Aug 30, 2016
Abeg dis pple shuld stop d lies, most of these tanks were actually the ones the NIG Army left in the east that were obsolete prior to the bginin of hostilities btw Nig army & Biafra. na so tanks easy to manufacture

Now listen up good, wat the biafra pple did was to put wheels to all these left overs which to me is still commendable.

Most of these tanks are nw been displayed in Bauchi which is our ARMOUR School.

Ogbunigwe is d only equipment they manufactured from scratch!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 1:33am On Aug 30, 2016
Ritchiee:

YOU SEE WHY HAROLD SMITH SAID YORUBAS ARE HIGHLY INTELLIGENT THAN IGBOS.NOW READ THIS:LOOK AT THAT BOLDEN th showing that you doctored it...lol

Paul Anber's essay "Modernization and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos" published in the journal of Modern African Studies vol. 5, No 2 (Sep, 1967) 163-179. See pp 171-172 for excerpt:
" '' A system of Universal primary education was introduced in Eastern Nigeria in 1953, though the mission schools had already prospered in the Region long before then. Despite the fact that there was a requirement for limited contributory fees, education continued to be very much in demand. Even at the time when universal primary education was first introduced, the percentage of the population over seven years of age who were literate was higher in the East than in any other Region: East, 1.6 per cent; West 9.5 percent; North, 0.9 percent. Since 1959, the East has had more teachers and pupils than any other area of the country, with the heaviest emphasis on primary education. Figures for elementary and secondary education indicate that the approximate ratio of teachers to population in 1963 was 1 to every 11,500 in the East, 1 to every 2,500 in th West, and 1 for every 10,000 in the north. Other statistical data reveal how rapidly the standard of living rose among Ibos. The East had the most extensive hospital facilities in the country by 1965, the largest regional production of electricity in the country by 1954, and the greatest number of vehicle registrations by 1963. The economic orientation of the Ibos was also reflected through membership of credit associations:in 1963 the East had 6,220 individual members, the west 555,776, and the north a mere 2,407 ." ''... His source was the Annual Abstract of Statistics ( Federal Office of Statistics, Lagos, 1965)

YOU CAN SEE THAT YORUBAS STILL LED IN MINE.USE YOUR BRAIN...POST LINKS OR SCREENSHOTS..
U r a deadly silent killer! See as you finished that guy! With just one move, you brought down his pack if lies.
Now, I give you the iron cross medal! Hail the führer!
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by DonBobes(m): 1:43am On Aug 30, 2016
Nkem4040:
Biafrran war veteran touring a journalist around one of Biaffran inventions...Armoured Scorpion Bazooka Tank equipped with anti tank gun with ability to rotate 360 degrees.

The France panhard tank, which is in the inventory of the Nig Army (som till nw but they cant be used in NE because of its susceptibility to RPG & even BMG with 0.5 inch calibre bliv me u dnt want to be on d opposite side of this BMG wen its firing, it will tear it to bits) but not active lik it used to be!

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by aresa: 1:47am On Aug 30, 2016
Kaysalas:
bros a beg! Is proforce owned by a Yoruba man? And is it a strictly Yoruba thing without foreign influence. I just wanna know. A beg! Nor curse my papa O! I be Yoruba boy O lol!

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by somegirl1: 1:47am On Aug 30, 2016
Kaysalas:

So u don't know abt d debate n u chuk mouth inside? HeheheHehehe, anyway, at least u dey reasonable enuf to know those things from page 0 were modified. Please tell that to ur brodas.. no hating!

My disclaimer was actually for the benefit of your likes. Who know little or nothing and yet argue like they do. You were supposed to borrow a leaf.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 2:01am On Aug 30, 2016
somegirl1:

My disclaimer was actually for the benefit of your likes. Who know little or nothing and yet argue like they do. You were supposed to borrow a leaf.
now from you talking intelligently to talking foolishly. What makes you feel I know nothing about what I talk about? How many of my posts have you read? Even some igbos here on this thread have made concessions based on the points i have made here, and you liken me to those who know nada like you on this topic? I could school you on modern history(IGCSE level) and Nigerian history, and you'll get an A in your exams.
However, the one I don't know(no one is an island of knowledge) , I humbly ask. I don't chuk mouth into wetin i nor sabi! Sleep tyt my dear.... kisses
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by somegirl1: 2:09am On Aug 30, 2016
Kaysalas:
now from you talking intelligently to talking foolishly. What makes you feel I know nothing about what I talk about? How many of my posts have you read? Even some igbos here on this thread have made concessions based on the points i have made here, and you liken me to those who know nada like you on this topic? I could school you on modern history(IGCSE level) and Nigerian history, and you'll get an A in your exams.
However, the one I don't know(no one is an island of knowledge) , I humbly ask. I don't chuk mouth into wetin i nor sabi! Sleep tyt my dear.... kisses

Ditto.
Sleep tight.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 2:10am On Aug 30, 2016
aresa:

U didn't answer my question? Is it devoid of foreign influence? Is it wholly indigenous in the true meaning if the word "indigenous"?
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 2:11am On Aug 30, 2016
somegirl1:

Ditto.
Sleep tight.
U too my dear
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by superman(m): 2:21am On Aug 30, 2016
why do yorubas like talking rubbish?

you have a thread right before your useless eyes and and envious sense depicting what the Great Igbos built within a short period and they are here showing the world the reason they are Africans

let it be know there is a difference between being an African to Biafran! Biafran is Biafran and not African

lets Break it down a little bit for your amala and ewudu brain fluid, The first tv set then was on black and white which operates on analogue. It very heavy due to its physical and mechanical structure components like cathode ray tube,capacitors but with the coming of digital electronics these component can be inscribed into a chips and a board which makes it much lighter and less roomy

Therefore technology goes from stages to stages through researches and development. So if within a short period of time which was in 1967 and the Great igbo you love to hate nevermind herdsman running havoc in your back yard what then do you think can be achieved now 2016 if they have their way? Can you leave amala and ewudu alone for once and close your door to yourself to reason like a human being biko. THINK THINK THINK!!! Lets go by your illusion that parts were brought over and assembled as you wish to believe as an Afonja TYPICAL do you then still believe if they have their way they will continue to import in 2016 now!

Do you now see the reason we want to leave Nigeria and possibly nairaland will be like Ghana web when we go! We are just too advanced and civilised for Africans as a whole.

Nl can attest to so many prototypes built by Biafrans and it is not hidden. The question is how many has been built by Afonjas? The truth is even after secession the yorubas will always need the Igbos if they have to survive

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by aresa: 2:52am On Aug 30, 2016
Kaysalas:
U didn't answer my question? Is it devoid of foreign influence? Is it wholly indigenous in the true meaning if the word "indigenous"?

CALL US: +234 (0) 802 389 0712

54, Balarabe Musa Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

email: info@proforcedefence.com

Contact them for all the answers you seek...

I'm sure they'll answer your questions...
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 9:36am On Aug 30, 2016
aresa:

Contact them for all the answers you seek...

I'm sure they'll answer your questions...
Y can u not just tell me yes or no, anyway let's just leave it there! But I will sure feel glad if it is truly indigenous. Thanks for bringing it up all d same, at least, we are making progress
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by deflover(m): 9:43am On Aug 30, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

So this gibberish you wrote is the sabotage of Biafra from "within"? Go and pick up those books bro.

To you dis na rubbish as long as I don counter the lies.....go pick up your books and tell me if I lied or rather use Google
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2016
lilwill:

This all started when someone tried to correct come errors in the thread and y'all became insecure and defensive of what you felt was an abuse of your heritage. to me the truth is this, anything worth its salt in this world can speak for itself, just like christians don't have to defend God cause we believe He is the almighty and our defender and not vice versa
personally, i really don't care if some people built or didn't build war machines decades ago, i care about what they are doing now
And what makes you think they are not repeating the same feat?
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Igalaprince: 10:42am On Aug 30, 2016
aresa:

Chain reaction..lmao..

You people no go kille pesin with lafta I swear... grin grin

You dey laugh,Which one Una people get,post it here and let us see and stop all these unnecessary mockery born out of envy.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Deepfreezer(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Kaysalas:

Now, you are reasoning well. What u wrote up there is what Africans all across d continent can build INFEPENDENTLY!
next time u quote me speak like someone that fed on his mother's breast. Stop being sarcastic.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
Deepfreezer:
next time u quote me speak like someone that fed on his mother's breast. Stop being sarcastic.
I wasn't being sarcastic, I actually meant that, and as regards being fed from mother's breast, lol, nor be everybody drink im mama breast, and they still live fine. If u wan yarb person, u need to upgrade ur thought process, its obvious your way still Far.enjoy ur day.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
cstr15:
[b]Let me even further agree that france managed to sell weapons to Biafra in a hidden manner.[/b]It doesn't change much.
The bulk of biafran weapons were built in biafran land.
This is your FG attesting to that.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/economy-buhari-committed-inventing-new-prosperous-nigeria-presidency-2/
at your first statement... it shows our efforts to educate you hasn't gone down the drain. I mean, coming from someone whose posts here depicts his die hard tribal stand, I commend you for opening up your mind to sound reasoning, even if its just a lil bit. You try
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
@ aresa, now i got d answer ive been looking for: naija- columbian collabo.
As ds excerpt from d one of the links by Ritchie shows
Why did you opt for armoured vehicles business?

The state of insecurity has been on the increase. When you look at armed robbery, you will see that it is on a high level. I was in Kuwait sometime ago and people were looking for a company that would market their products. But I did not want to be a go-between. I wanted to be a manufacturer. So, we teamed up with some Colombians to set up Proforce in 2008.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kaysalas:
at your first statement... it shows our efforts to educate you hasn't gone down the drain. I mean, coming from someone whose posts here depicts his die hard tribal stand, I commend you for opening up your mind to sound reasoning, even if its just a lil bit. You try
My reasoning have always been the same backed by historical accuracy and FG collaborative opinion.
Biafrans built their own weapons.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by socrates007: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kaysalas:
pls bros, kindly provide us with titles or YouTube links to those videos if you can do the research for us, if not I don't meeting up with you to copy those videos so as to burst this myth from Saturn once and for all. Pls quote me when you do. I don't wanna miss it
The tittle of one of the films is"the real story of nigeria"
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2016
cstr15:
My reasoning have always been the same backed by historical accuracy and FG collaborative opinion.
Biafrans built their own weapons.
Now we can all see how unstable you are. After clearing admitting France supplied you weapons, and I picked you out on this, you quickly revert back to : Biafra built her weapons. So what happened to the french weapons however little ( according to you) it might have been?
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kaysalas:

Now we can all see how unstable you are. After clearing admitting France supplied you weapons, and I picked you out on this, you quickly revert back to : Biafra built her weapons. So what happened to the french weapons however little ( according to you) it might have been?
It seem you have a problem with comprehension. Most of those weapons in those pictures above are not French or even soviet. They are biafran.
Now I don't doubt the fact that france tried to smuggle weapons through, but it was pretty insignificant due to the very tight blockade.
Your FG has already attested to biafran technology. Don't disturb my mention again with envious afonja crap.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by superman(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
and what is French about the pictures in the thread?

because we cannot possibly see the french in there

plz tell us
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2016
cstr15:
It seem you have a problem with comprehension. Most of those weapons in those pictures above are not French or even soviet. They are biafran.
Now I don't doubt the fact that france tried to smuggle weapons through, but it was pretty insignificant due to the very tight blockade.
Your FG has already attested to biafran technology. Don't disturb my mention again with envious afonja crap.
Hahaha! I leave u to keep wallowing in your baseless opinion.
This is the umpteenth time u r quoting the FG, d same FG who considered u inconsequential not too long ago. Food for tot: if biafrans could build all these in a war situation without naija FG help, how come up till now, in a time of peace, without the FG support still, u can't build jack? And please don't call inmoson, becos while we know he is doing a great job, its not purely biafran technology. Think my brother! Think!
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kaysalas:

Hahaha! I leave u to keep wallowing in your baseless opinion.
This is the umpteenth time u r quoting the FG, d same FG who considered u inconsequential not too long ago. Food for tot: if biafrans could build all these in a war situation without naija FG help, how come up till now, in a time of peace, without the FG support still, u can't build jack? And please don't call inmoson, becos while we know he is doing a great job, its not purely biafran technology. Think my brother! Think!
smh.
who the fucck is this illiterate?
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
cstr15:
smh.
who the fucck is this illiterate?
Hahahaha! I can most certainly predict your behaviour. Resulting to insults always when out of wit. U can keep calling me an illiterate(I doubt u know the meaning of the word, cos if u did, u won't be using it foolishly) but it doesn't change Nada, biafran indigenous tech is a myth...a bursted myth . Wished for d sake of africa , it isn't, but hey... truth must be told. Africans are till alien to independent tech void of foreign influence. Now, run along

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kaysalas:

Hahahaha! I can most certainly predict your behaviour. Resulting to insults always when out of wit. U can keep calling me an illiterate(I doubt u know the meaning of the word, cos if u did, u won't be using it foolishly) but it doesn't change Nada, biafran indigenous tech is a myth...a bursted myth . Wished for d sake of africa , it isn't, but hey... truth must be told. Africans are till alien to independent tech void of foreign influence. Now, run along
look at this nigga. Talking about wits and yet arguing like an infant with a near -zero basic comprehension.
I am done with this thread. Afonjas talk too much, I don't.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
cstr15:
look at this nigga. Talking about wits and yet arguing like an infant with a near -zero basic comprehension.
I am done with this thread. Afonjas talk too much, I don't.
Hahaha! So now u are done with "illiterate" its now "nigga" and "infant" . Please u should just stop this child's play and keep quiet if u have nothing meaningful to say. Cheers
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by P0intBlank(m): 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ritchiee:

YOU SEE WHY HAROLD SMITH SAID YORUBAS ARE HIGHLY INTELLIGENT THAN IGBOS.NOW READ THIS:LOOK AT THAT BOLDEN th showing that you doctored it...lol

Paul Anber's essay "Modernization and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos" published in the journal of Modern African Studies vol. 5, No 2 (Sep, 1967) 163-179. See pp 171-172 for excerpt:
" '' A system of Universal primary education was introduced in Eastern Nigeria in 1953, though the mission schools had already prospered in the Region long before then. Despite the fact that there was a requirement for limited contributory fees, education continued to be very much in demand. Even at the time when universal primary education was first introduced, the percentage of the population over seven years of age who were literate was higher in the East than in any other Region: East, 1.6 per cent; West 9.5 percent; North, 0.9 percent. Since 1959, the East has had more teachers and pupils than any other area of the country, with the heaviest emphasis on primary education. Figures for elementary and secondary education indicate that the approximate ratio of teachers to population in 1963 was 1 to every 11,500 in the East, 1 to every 2,500 in th West, and 1 for every 10,000 in the north. Other statistical data reveal how rapidly the standard of living rose among Ibos. The East had the most extensive hospital facilities in the country by 1965, the largest regional production of electricity in the country by 1954, and the greatest number of vehicle registrations by 1963. The economic orientation of the Ibos was also reflected through membership of credit associations:in 1963 the East had 6,220 individual members, the west 555,776, and the north a mere 2,407 ." ''... His source was the Annual Abstract of Statistics ( Federal Office of Statistics, Lagos, 1965)

YOU CAN SEE THAT YORUBAS STILL LED IN MINE.USE YOUR BRAIN...POST LINKS OR SCREENSHOTS..

As requested

CC Marcelini Kaysalas

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by DonXavi(m): 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
G

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) / Leah Sheribu Gives Birth To Baby Boy For Boko Haram Commander / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.