Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia (136413 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos) / The Benin Monarch Frowns At Display Of Political Hooliganism By EDHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Coldfeets: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2016
Wow!

Igbos are too much!!!

My question remains did the Biafrans build these war machines in readiness for the impending war or did they build it under the pressure of necessity during the war years?

Because if the Biafrans engineers were able to accomplish such feat under such a short period between the period of Ojukwu's announcement of secession in 1967 and end of the civil war in 1970, then it is a very big shame to Biafra and the entire Nigerian engineers and Nigeria as a whole that almost five decades since that war, we still cannot provide our citizens with CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY. embarassed embarassed embarassed

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by BlackSeptember: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2016
Eco2580:
During my days at NMS i was told that all military equipments used by biafrans were imported
they needed to tell you that because that's what they needed you to know

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Lezzlie(m): 10:51am On Aug 28, 2016
kettykin:
With all this metal scraps yet biafra still woefully lost the war, which simply makes technology not the sole means of winning a country backed by Britain and Soviet union.
If Biafra had built more of Airborne vehicles and rockets that could haul payloads and hit with precision, targets that are more than 100 km away in dodan barracks, Kano, Kaduna etc possibly the war could have been prolonged, if biafra had mastered the art and technology of building under ground tunnels with fish ponds , poultry farms, water purification plants, refined pharmaceutical plants , nuclear power stations, nuclear arsenals, nuclear powered submarines that could blow up all the naval ships of the invaders, biafra would definitely have won the war after just 6 days.

Any body promoting biafra must be a mad and insane person. Igbos should just be contented in nigeria

Your petty tribal monomania is exceedingly worrisome. This thread isn't about promotion of Biafra which I personally believe is nothing more than seeking political concessions today like various groups scattered across the regions.

It isn't about why the war was lost or won. It is about Nigeria's missed technological chance gone into oblivion.

When I look at this thread, what I see is a country that went into a civil war and came out without learning anything.

The blueprints of the Biafran technologies should have been studied and implemented by the federal government long ago to build indigenous home grown technology.
Today Nigerian military is impoverished and rely heavily on US charity of used and obsolete War ships and artillery.

It is navel-gazing, tribal bigots like you that influence negative and tribal base policies in this country.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Milllz: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2016
mrvitalis:

Am a unn graduate of mechanical Engineering and some of the people that did this things were my lectures, the lab u are talking about was in unn, it was bombed by the Nigerian army
Obonijwe was developed by unn professors that's why unn was not allowed to offer chemical engineering for over 50 years now

Please I urge u to visit PRODA in enugu and also SEDI in enugu too then u will understand the technological advances of Igbos

Smh angry sad .

Same way they cleared all our account balances, gave us £20 each to start and sold our oil wells to the north but today we are still billionaires.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
wow. So biafran engineers were already envisaging submarines as far back as then. shocked My God!!. Even Nigerian navy in 2016 does not even know what a submarine looks like to even buy one, let alone building one.
Only God alone can really gauge the real scale of what igbos and indeed black Africa have lost for losing the war.
So much technological potential and dynamism wasted. cry

In Biafra, Africa died

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 10:52am On Aug 28, 2016
LorDBolton:

Have u forgotten France supplied weapons and armory parts to biafra?

Ya'll should keep deceiving yaselves tho... go and ask the Japan if in hindsight they would have supported hitler.

They lost ALL their territories to the allied forces the map below shows present Japan in red and former colonies in yellow

Comparing a super power like america- Japan to biafra -nigeria context was so laughable I didn't even bother to comment on that particular thread
France wanted Biafra for obvious francophone reasons, but could not really do much due to british and American support to Nigeria.
The Cameroon president too made a deal with Nigeria and received bakassi as part of its territory to prevent it falling into biafran control which was then totally sealed. If there was a means of weapons transfer in to biafran territory, then millions of people would not have starved to death and awolowo would not have used it as a means of war given the obvious futility.

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Gassa007: 10:54am On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:

Innoson is an assembler of Chinese made parts, much like what the Biafrans did. The only difference is that the Biafrans most likely bought old, derelict milItaly hardware and tried to refurbish them.
You can lie to yourself all you want that is your own problem.
Ojukwu told his scientists "let's make a tank" and like magicians they just made it out of the thin air. Tell that to your fellow one track minded people.
Please, have you ever being to Nnewi? Yes or No

7 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 10:54am On Aug 28, 2016
Milllz:

Smh angry sad .

Same way they cleared all our account balances, gave us £20 each to start and sold our oil wells to the north but today we are still billionaires.
no shytttt. every ndigbo man is a billionaire. kwantinueeee grin

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by zeongeon: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2016
I wonder why some people will come on here and want to start arguing and wanting to discredit technology they can see with there eyes. Reasonable people will know that this is a strict Igbo thread, showing the Igbo potential and at same time giving the Igbo tribe a time for reflection.

If the biafran army hadn't gone beyond there borders they would have won the war. If they had not crossed the Niger bridge they would have won that war.

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by geraob1: 10:57am On Aug 28, 2016
ShootToKill:
Igbos hammering the obstinate oblong heads of Afonjarudeens as usual. cheesy cheesy

More like the Afonja Cone Heads... (ACH)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ashjay001(m): 10:57am On Aug 28, 2016
betterABIAstate:
bros, there's hidden potential in Igbo land. At the age of 27, I had already identified and extracted a diuretic phytochemical in a very popular plant that can help manage hypertension. My brother who is a chemical engineer is working on a local drug synthesizer. The molecule is going through preclinical tests, the government of Nigeria is not helping at all coupled with the financial setbacks we have had in coming up with the drug synthesizing machine.

If I have the then government of Biafra, you think I wouldn't have gone far with all the preclinical tests?
We may have dusted that part and even gone ahead to develop other drugs and machines because we know what we want but no fund, no functioning research institute, no facilities in the country.

Let me just hint you on the little contribution I can make if Biafra war should come again, I can developed biogenetically engineered microbes (which name i wont give here) that can degrade some particular metals, l know I will get a good platform to carryout the research because the fund is now available unlike the then Biafra (I'm already doing little things as regards that incase the war comes again). This time, you will see the full technological potential we posses.

Or just give us independence, lets plan ourselves, this country is annoying to me.

Great mind u av there! But, its still not developed enough if u really think someone in SW, NE, NW, NC is not developing something comparable or better!

U lost d last war not because of any tech inadequacies, but due to hunger! Achilles lost his life not because he couldn't fight or withstand war wounds, but he had his heels!

Naija govt is not helping everybody, no marginalization there! Instead, get private sponsors and possibly develop ur dreams in ur homeland, create employment for ur teaming jobless youths, make igboland a tech destination. Start a race on ur terms, some might decide to race with u, or change direction!

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 10:57am On Aug 28, 2016
Coldfeets:
Wow!

Igbos are too much!!!

My question remains did the Biafrans build these war machines in readiness for the impending war or did they build it under the pressure of necessity during the war years?

Because if the Biafrans engineers were able to accomplish such feat under such a short period between the period of Ojukwu's announcement of secession in 1967 and end of the civil war in 1970, then it is a very big shame to Biafra and the entire Nigerian engineers and Nigeria as a whole that almost five decades since that war, we still cannot provide our citizens with CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY. embarassed embarassed embarassed

It bores down to homogeneity in purpose and people. There is a reason why America is the only real example of a developed country where diversity becomes strength. Diversity is a big pain and a weakness.
Also ojukwu was a brilliant military leader that knew how to motivate and marshall resources to get results. Nigeria has not gotten such in like forever.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by MChaze25(m): 10:58am On Aug 28, 2016
ayoolanr:
LMFAO....JUST LMFAO.. GUESS IT'S THAT TIME OF THE MONTH WHEN MY BIAFRIAN BROTHERS NEED THEIR EGOS STROKED AGAIN..... INSECURE SET OF CHIMPS!!!
AS PAR NA ONLY EWEDU UNA INVENT, GODWIN!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 10:59am On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
France wanted Biafra for obvious francophone reasons, but could not really do much due to british and American support to Nigeria.
The Cameroon president too made a deal with Nigeria and received bakassi as part of its territory to prevent it falling into biafran control which was then totally sealed. If there was a means of weapons transfer in to biafran territory, then millions of people would not have starved to death and awolowo would not have used it as a means of war given the obvious futility.
truth be told, the biafran war is a proxy war fought by the west in nigeria. all the weaponry you see used by both sides were supplied by the west to whichever side they were supporting. its not unlike what you see today with america supplying isis with sophisticated weapons and pretending that isis is the enemy while using isis and co to fight proxy wars in syria. there is nothing new under the sun. no weaponry that found its way into nigeria during the biafran war was created in nigeria. it was assembled in nigeria however.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Syphax(m): 10:59am On Aug 28, 2016
kettykin:
With all this metal scraps yet biafra still woefully lost the war, which simply makes technology not the sole means of winning a country backed by Britain and Soviet union.
If Biafra had built more of Airborne vehicles and rockets that could haul payloads and hit with precision, targets that are more than 100 km away in dodan barracks, Kano, Kaduna etc possibly the war could have been prolonged, if biafra had mastered the art and technology of building under ground tunnels with fish ponds , poultry farms, water purification plants, refined pharmaceutical plants , nuclear power stations, nuclear arsenals, nuclear powered submarines that could blow up all the naval ships of the invaders, biafra would definitely have won the war after just 6 days.

Any body promoting biafra must be a mad and insane person. Igbos should just be contented in nigeria
Who are you to tell us what's good for us?
Why does Biafra give you guys headache?

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by uduokirika1(m): 11:00am On Aug 28, 2016
LorDBolton:

Oga why are u bothering with enlightening this people?

I couldn't help but laugh when I read reno omokri stuff on biafra and how u.s treated Japan after war

Many of them were masturbating on that thread and I was laughing

Firstly it's murtala mohammed who successfully crossed the river niger after being beaten back twice... it's not easy to land ashore the enemy beach (ask allied forces during ww2) he lost a lot of men but once he landed all biafran forces took off.

He then left after disagreements with superiors over proceeding to Enugu or so (can't remember)

Also it was germany that wowed the world with their inventions especially the u-boats and a special transmission device used to send messages that took years for allied forces to crack.

The useless omokri didn't inform the biafrans what Japan lost during that war... japan's saving grace was their emperor who didn't run away unlike ojukwu .

Bros pls let them keep masturbating on technology that made them even more vulnerable to NA attacks

In your bid to sound intlligent you guffed big time! I can see the effects of not studying history in Nigerian schools!

1. M. Mohammed never. Succeded to land on the banks of River. Niger @Onitsha. Rather after 3failed attempts he had to swallow his pride and adopt an earlier advise of crossing the R.Niger @Lokoja-Nnsukka-Enugu-Udi-Awka-Abagana-Ogidi-Onitsha it took him 4months serious battles b4 he got to Abagana where he lost close to 4000men. Onitsha was later captured.

2. His fall out with Gowon was basically the unneccssary loss of men had he heeded the earlier advice such casualty wouldn't ve occurred, more so the Ogbunigwe was first used @Udi on the Mammu river bridge just b4 d fall of Awka! The federal govt believd that had Murtala agreed in. The. Initial plan they should ve captured onitsha b4 d arrival of d Ogbunigwe! Also note Onitsha was d. Last town captured. By the 2Division till d end of the war 2years later! Nnewi, Ekwulobia, Ihiala and Orlu which were all towns within the. 2Divisional area remain intact till d end of the war! This simply meant that after the devastation @Abagana the 2Division were contnted in defending held territories rather than being on the offensive like her conterpart in the 1stDivision and 3rd Marine Commandoes!

3. Everyone knows that Japan lost the war but America were wise enough to assimilate and harness their pontentials!

The question now is, what did the Federal government do to harness the potentials of. Those whom had shown signs (no matter how little) of. Technological. Advancement?

I will. Tell you some;

1. Chemical Engineering delisted from courses in UNN
2. An Airport that will. Arguably be the first airport biult from the scratch by. Africans was levelled to. D ground!
3. No commitment to encourage indegenous technology
4. History technically erased from curricular (@least u. Can attest to that)

And so many others!
$
Thank God for the internet we are now learning daily!

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 11:01am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
truth be told, the biafran war is a proxy war fought by the west in nigeria. all the weaponry you see used by both sides were supplied by the west to whichever side they were supporting. its not unlike what you see today with america supplying isis with sophisticated weapons and pretending that isis is the enemy while using isis and co to fight proxy wars in syria. there is nothing new under the sun. no weaponry that found its way into nigeria during the biafran war was created in nigeria. it was assembled in nigeria however.
If the west supplied Biafra weapons, then there is no evidence of that yet. It does not make sense too.
They had oil interests to protect so Biafra was like a fly in the ointment.

6 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:01am On Aug 28, 2016
geraob1:

More like the Afonja Cone Heads... (ACH)
so afonjas are neurotransmitters ? ACH is acetylcholine a neurotransmitter grin

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by DengXioping(m): 11:01am On Aug 28, 2016
linusbnn:

Read history my friend,igbo never lost the war it was rather tagged "No Victor no Vanquish"
Though a totally unnecessary war....
From history, we can say the Igbos weren't completely subjugated, but they surrendered willingly in the face of untold suffering, massive loses, famine nd starvation which had become d order of d day. With Ojukwu's disappearance to Ivory Coast at the end of the day, the game was up.
Gowon only made the "NO VICTOR NO VANQUISH" assertion as a diplomatic feat to keep the Igbo's in check, lest any issue comes up again ( note till 2da some Igbos still see d assertion as a trick to bury all d issues of war crimes against him and d Nigerian government, perpetrated on the Biafran soil).

Pls read what Gowon said here www​.blueprint.ng/.../civil-war-why-we-

BTW...from what I av learnt from history, the Biafrans wud av won the war if only they were better organized, if only Ojukwu had listened to the advice of some top echelon of the army, and put them in the knw. He realized DT all too late (remember Harry Njokwu and Alexander Madiebo asserted that the regular Biafran army was not consulted when he decided to secede from Nigeria). Remember also how Ojukwu left several top military operations in the hands of Col. Achuzia, recalling the sector commanders of such operations...nd history has it that such operations led by Col. Achuzia let to Biafra suffering massive losses.
A whole lot is still to b said...
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:02am On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
If the west supplied Biafra weapons, then there is no evidence of that yet. It does not make sense too.
They had oil interests to protect so Biafra was like a fly in the ointment.
france brought your weapons via cameroon. thats where all your weapons came through
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by MrSly(m): 11:03am On Aug 28, 2016
kettykin:

Being too afraid of loosing a person or sth u need is psychological insecurity and low self esteem but not appreciating the people u need is ingratitude. Nut and waste are too ashamed to admit that they cant do without Igbos and that makes them cowards
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:03am On Aug 28, 2016
They won't allow us study chemical Engineering in UNN...
A carbon copy of an atomic bomb will be ready in a few days..
Fvck Nigeria...
A country whose vision is to produce pencil in 2018... lol
iranu

18 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sdqtima(m): 11:05am On Aug 28, 2016
I hope all this ipob youth have seen the documentary on aljazerra where the French government admit to supplying biafrans weapon like they did in the Congo...you are too ill inform and that why you paid naira for ipob passport

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by toofit007: 11:06am On Aug 28, 2016
thedarksider:

give me a break....the igbos were never ready for a war..

hitler planned 10years long and modernized the german army 5years long before going to war....15year!!!,,,you wan go to war in only 1year?

all what biafra did was reverse-engineer.......by 1960 western nations had more advanced tanks than this biafran-invention...

it doesnt even cross your mind that the rest of nigeria can reverse-engineer too...not only igbos have smart-heads in nigeria..
did the igbos told u that they wanted war? ojukwu declared biafra after seeing how his people were been cruelly treated by the Hausa Fulani hence he expected the Nigeria Government to let him and his new nation be, but the things that the Nigeria government will loose such as land mass and our oyel could not make them hold to that decision and out of envy Nigeria government brought war to the new nation called biafra, in a simple term, the biafrans fought a defensive war because the war was brought to them in their territory and they have to defend their lives. go back to ur history book and read, then come back to prove me wrong.

19 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Milllz: 11:07am On Aug 28, 2016
LorDBolton:

Oga why are u bothering with enlightening this people?

I couldn't help but laugh when I read reno omokri stuff on biafra and how u.s treated Japan after war

Many of them were masturbating on that thread and I was laughing

Firstly it's murtala mohammed who successfully crossed the river niger after being beaten back twice... it's not easy to land ashore the enemy beach (ask allied forces during ww2) he lost a lot of men but once he landed all biafran forces took off.

He then left after disagreements with superiors over proceeding to Enugu or so (can't remember)

Also it was germany that wowed the world with their inventions especially the u-boats and a special transmission device used to send messages that took years for allied forces to crack.

The useless omokri didn't inform the biafrans what Japan lost during that war... japan's saving grace was their emperor who didn't run away unlike ojukwu .

Bros pls let them keep masturbating on technology that made them even more vulnerable to NA attacks

How old are you? Are you even an adult?

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Mabelenena(f): 11:07am On Aug 28, 2016
Hmmm i bow my head in shame when i read this, so we have such inventions but we are still battling with boko haram,niger delta militants and fulani herdsmen??

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Milllz: 11:09am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
no shytttt. every ndigbo man is a billionaire. kwantinueeee grin

grin grin Like you don't know what I mean.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:10am On Aug 28, 2016
Milllz:

grin grin Like you don't know what I mean.
hehe bros, we shall all reach there one day grin grin
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:11am On Aug 28, 2016
here is the document telling you all that biafran weaponry was supplied by france

https://afrolegends.com/2011/12/16/the-biafran-war/

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by DengXioping(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2016
Lezzlie:

Your petty tribal monomania is exceedingly worrisome. This thread isn't about promotion of Biafra which I personally believe is nothing more than seeking political concessions today like various groups scattered across the regions.

It isn't about why the war was lost or won. It is about Nigeria's missed technological chance gone into oblivion.

When I look at this thread, what I see is a country that went into a civil war and came out without learning anything.

The blueprints of the Biafran technologies should have been studied and implemented by the federal government long ago to build indigenous home grown technology.
Today Nigerian military is impoverished and rely heavily on US charity of used and obsolete War ships and artillery.

It is navel-gazing, tribal bigots like you that influence negative and tribal base policies in this country.
Very pretty point raised there...from your assertion and many more, I will agree with many who say Nigeria never learns from history. If the blueprints had been implemented long to build indigenous home grown technology, we wud av gone very far, but 2da we sadly still at d same spot, " A country with an uncertain future".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Syphax(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:

Cameroon shares a border with Nigeria, Cameroon was a French colony, France was sympathetic to Biafra. Please connect the dots.
Lol, did you just say that Cameron was sympathetic to Biafra? Lol
Gowon asked Cameroon to block her border with Biafra and in return Nigeria will give them Bakasi in Cross River state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) / Leah Sheribu Gives Birth To Baby Boy For Boko Haram Commander / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.