Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

A Fair-skinned Bride/partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Fair-skinned Bride/partner (6427 Views)

Am I Considered To Be Light Skinned Or Dark Skinned? / Who Is At Fault - The Groom, Bride Or The Side Chick? / Choose One: Dark Skinned Or Light Skinned (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2009
Why do most african men always prefer fair skinned girls as partners, girlfriends, and wives. I know a guy who has four wives and ALL of them are very fair skinned even though he himself is very dark. Another guy I know personally buys bleaching creams for his wife. I have yet to understand this obsession african men have with light skin despite the fact that there are many medium/dark beauties around. I'm not saying light skinned girls should not get married either, but what is the fuss over their skin complexion. I know someone is going to make that lame preference argument again. But let's be realistic it seems like ALMOST ALL african and black men seem to have this SAME PREFERENCE FOR LIGHTER SKIN. Come on. IT IS MORE THAN JUST A PREFERENCE. Some guys purposely seek out fair brides and automatically shun out all other girls who are not light enough. It does not matter how pretty, fit, intelligent, or kind she is. Maybe fair skin alone (not including other features) is automatically a mark of beauty. And yes I know someone else is going to say I'm another dark skinned girl with an inferiority complex, but we can't deny these things happen in our society. If we do have an inferiority complex there is a cause for it. There is a reason why half of african women bleach. So again I want to know, what is it about fair skin that makes men drool. Let me know so I can get a tube of fair and lovely.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Shola2009(m): 10:09pm On Oct 01, 2009
different strokes for different folks na!! me i like them "Ghana black" and robust!!
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2009
I never noticed that, fair skin or dark skin i couldn't careless. Skin colour doesn't move me love does.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by africhika(f): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2009
yeah. this will never change. it'll just drive u CRAZY thinking about it.
so don't cool
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
africhika:

yeah. this will never change. it'll just drive u CRAZY thinking about it.
so don't cool

you are right actually. it's been like this for many years so it won't change. i'm just trying to find a bleaching cream that won't burn my skin.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by posakosa(m): 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2009
there's this stereotype that lighter skinned Niger girls get rich men,  don't know how true this is, but some say that its a trend.

maybe the reason why some women bleach
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by africhika(f): 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2009
nene1, bleaching your skin isn't the answer. go with a man who cherishes your skin tone. never change ur body for a man.

while i'm on the fair side, my sis has gorgeous black skin and when we're out 2gether, she gets
all kinds of captivating stares and compliments becuz she wears her skin proudly and it makes her stand out.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2009
posakosa:

there's this stereotype that lighter skinned Niger girls get rich men,  don't know how true this is, but some say that its a trend.

maybe the reason why some women bleach

i don't know about niger. but in gambia that is VERY TRUE. There are virtually no rich men in gambia with dark skinned wives. That is interesting b/c gambians are kinda like senegalese, we tend to be dark. sometimes i wonder where they get these women from. rich gambian men usually prefer light fulani girls and girls mixed with the lebanese. i guess fair girls look better in their nice cars and jewelry. even our own president went all the way to morocco to find a fair skinned arab wife and he is very dark. A lot of senegalese government officials tend to have white wives as well despite all the beauties in senegal. well to do african men seem to like the likes of nadia buari. see she got engaged to a very popular ghanaian football, mike essien. not sure if they are married yet.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by posakosa(m): 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2009
nene1:

i don't know about niger. but in gambia that is VERY TRUE. There are virtually no rich men in gambia with dark skinned wives. That is interesting b/c gambians are kinda like senegalese, we tend to be dark. sometimes i wonder where they get these women from. rich gambian men usually prefer light fulani girls and girls mixed with the lebanese. i guess fair girls look better in their nice cars and jewelry. even our own president went all the way to morocco to find a fair skinned arab wife and he is very dark. A lot of senegalese government officials tend to have white wives as well despite all the beauties in senegal. well to do african men seem to like the likes of nadia buari. see she got engaged to a very popular ghanaian football, mike essien. not sure if they are married yet.

You are right. I agree with what you have said. I think the Men who do that have internalized racism.

They want a woman closer to white. Darkness is seen as lower class in some parts of Africa.

But people should marry for LOVE but its also a complex that these men have, they have to present thier wives to the world and that want a woman closer to who the world deems and sees as "better."

Thats why many Black women all over the world look up to Michelle Obama, she is one of the few Black women seen as figures of beauty and class.

This false notion of beauty is also very popular in Brazil,
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2009
africhika:

nene1, bleaching your skin isn't the answer. go with a man who cherishes your skin tone. never change your body for a man.

while i'm on the fair side, my sis has gorgeous black skin and when we're out 2gether, she gets
all kinds of captivating stares and compliments becuz she wears her skin proudly and it makes her stand out.

it's not just for men, but i want to have a complexion like rita dominic. her complexion is perfect. it is not yellow, but a very light brown and smooth too. i guess i'll just mix the cream with the one i normally use so it can be fair and smooth. nadia has a nice complexion too, but it is not as smooth as rita's. tonto dikeh also has a nice complexion.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by posakosa(m): 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
nene1:

it's not just for men, but i want to have a complexion like rita dominic. her complexion is perfect. it is not yellow, but a very light brown and smooth too. i guess i'll just mix the cream with the one i normally use so it can be fair and smooth. nadia has a nice complexion too, but it is not as smooth as rita's. tonto dikeh also has a nice complexion.

So are you bleaching now ? Do you know what will happen to your skin when you get older ? Y U CK! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Work on your self esteem and self confidence. Bleaching is NOT the answer.  undecided undecided
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by justwise(m): 11:49pm On Oct 01, 2009
posakosa:

So are you bleaching now ? Do you know what will happen to your skin when you get older ? Y U CK! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Work on your self esteem and self confidence. Bleaching is NOT the answer. undecided undecided

Couldn't agree with u more. Breaching damages the skin, if u are unfortunate to visit hospital for an operation then u will realise what u have done to ur skin.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by drrionelli(m): 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
nene1:

Why do most african men always prefer fair skinned girls as partners, girlfriends, and wives.
nene1:

But let's be realistic it seems like ALMOST ALL african and black men seem to have this SAME PREFERENCE FOR LIGHTER SKIN.
nene1:

Some guys purposely seek out fair brides
I offer with all due respect, nene1, that you've managed to confuse me a bit.  I've taken the liberty of adding emphasis to some of your quotes.  I note that you're suggesting that "most," "ALMOST ALL" and "Some" males have the preference to which you allude.  May I ask if this is something that is more observational than empirical?  

Also, when you say "fair-skinned" do you mean lighter complexioned than themselves, or lighter compared to whom?  

Allow me to offer:  Any man who is so shallow as to not appreciate a woman for who she is, rather than what she looks like to him, is not a man worth having in your life.  As a man, myself, nene1, please believe me when I tell you this.  I have sisters and have told them the very same thing.  Don't ever lower your standards when you seek a man.  Rather, make him raise his own to prove his worthiness to you.  

nene1:

you are right actually. it's been like this for many years so it won't change. i'm just trying to find a bleaching cream that won't burn my skin.
Don't waste your money--I'm quite sure you're beautiful as you are.   smiley
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by posakosa(m): 12:03am On Oct 02, 2009
@ drrionelli:

Good point there, SOME, ALMOST AL[/i]L, meaning its a preference for this men and its their choice and even if she temporarily changes her skin tone,[i] she CANNOT make any man like her.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Kunbee: 12:12am On Oct 02, 2009
nene1:

Very lovely skin tone @op pls dont bleach cos wen u grow up u will look like sum1 dat has kraw-kraw and leprosy and also note dat most peeps who bleach are more prone to stretchmarks :-Xand i know u dont want those
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by CrazyMan(m): 1:12am On Oct 02, 2009
I myself I'm not really into fair and dark problem. If a girl has all the qualities of a good wife, I would go for her regardless of her skin colour.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 02, 2009
Michelle Obama isnt light skinned and neither is Oprah even though she isnt married.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by sjeezy8: 2:53am On Oct 02, 2009
It depends on what type of light/fair skin or what type of dark skin.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by sexyLeamon(f): 3:25am On Oct 02, 2009
tpia.:

Michelle Obama isnt light skinned and neither is Oprah even though she isnt married.
when Oprah started, she wasn't as light as she is now just out some of her old pics

@topic,there is some true in what u are saying. Black men (not all, but a lot) seem to desire non-black features more and more. They desire non-African features and hair more and more.Ask a black man to show a picture of a beautiful black women what will you see? Halle? Beyonce? Mya? Not that they aren't beautiful but where is the dark skin, African features or thick hair? Nowhere to be found.

I have observe even in Africa, some black man that married 3 to 4 wives like dat, tends to called the bright one my "fair lady why the black one gets called by her name do not even try to argue, this is not an example, dis is fact the such incident took place in my present.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 02, 2009
dark skin, broad nose, thick lips.

Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 3:54am On Oct 02, 2009
sexyLeamon:

when Oprah started, she wasn't as light as she is now just out some of her old pics

@topic,there is some true in what u are saying. Black men (not all, but a lot) seem to desire non-black features more and more. They desire non-African features and hair more and more.Ask a black man to show a picture of a beautiful black women what will you see? Halle? Beyonce? Mya? Not that they aren't beautiful but where is the dark skin, African features or thick hair? Nowhere to be found.

I have observe even in Africa, some black man that married 3 to 4 wives like dat, tends to called the bright one my "fair lady why the black one gets called by her name do not even try to argue, this is not an example, dis is fact the such incident took place in my present.

You are watching too much television and hanging out with brainwashed black men i guess.

Most black men that i know prefer african ladies with african features.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 3:56am On Oct 02, 2009
At least i know i prefer African ladies with African virtures, features and all . . . . I easily get turned off wen a lady is trying to be as european as possible.

A naturally looking, modest beautiful african lady is a turn on for me . . .

My own criteria of beauty is highly skewed towards african features . . . hence i get pissed off with fake sisters trying too hard to fit in.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Eshyy(m): 4:12am On Oct 02, 2009
Black is beauty but fair beautiFULL gringrin, My friends call me "anything yellow" coz if u are fair(naturaly) & got the figure be sure you wont rest until u say yes.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Eshyy(m): 4:19am On Oct 02, 2009
@ no2atheism
U must b a bore. U get turned of when a girl is trying 2 be european. Men u shuld start using u lang 2 post here
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 02, 2009
Eshyy:

Black is beauty but fair beautiFULL gringrin, My friends call me "anything yellow" coz if u are fair(naturaly) & got the figure be sure you wont rest until u say yes.

yes, some black men are like you.

i knew a guy like that who always had to shag any light skinned women who passed his way. 

he had quite an obsession with light skin but after the sex, he'd be on the lookout for the next light skin he could catch.

i dont need to mention how the girls felt about it- some had even bleached.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 4:28am On Oct 02, 2009
Eshyy:

@ no2atheism
U must b a bore. U get turned of when a girl is trying 2 be european. Men u shuld start using u lang 2 post here

undecided undecided undecided undecided yes and i stand by my statement.

My policy is that people should be as natural as possible i do not have time for fake and brainwashed people whether male or female.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by sexyLeamon(f): 4:34am On Oct 02, 2009
Eshyy:

No2Atheism, C what am talking about? dis is not on tv. undecided
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by chic2pimp(m): 5:09am On Oct 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

You are watching too much television and hanging out with brainwashed black men i guess.

Most black men that i know prefer african ladies with african features.
Nope. Many Black Men do see light skinned black women as the standard of beauty.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by sexyLeamon(f): 5:22am On Oct 02, 2009
chic2pimp:

Nope. Many Black Men do see light skinned black women as the standard of beauty.

thank u for the correction, I guess he's the one watching too much tv grin
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 02, 2009
Some, a word denoting an indeterminate number of something
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by chic2pimp(m): 5:40am On Oct 02, 2009
^^^^^ Yes Ma'am

chic2pimp:

Nope. ManySome Black Men do see light skinned black women as the standard of beauty.

cool cool cool

sexyLeamon:

thank u for the correction, I guess he's the one watching too much tv grin
There are some things u can't deny. I ain't gonna lie,I do have friends who share the same view.

Some of em' say their preference owes to the fact that their own mothers are light skinned. Who am I to argue since some women prefer Dark skinned cuz their dads are dark skinned males.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 02, 2009
chic2pimp:

^^^^^ Yes Ma'am

just a general post not referring to anything you wrote here.

I was responding to the topic, not you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I'm In Love With My Step Son"--32yr Old Women Confess / No More Misleading And Insulting Comments On Threads / See The Nude Maternity Shoot That Has Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.