Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,843 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:08 AM

Hypermiling...useful Tip For Car Owners - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hypermiling...useful Tip For Car Owners (791 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? / Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hypermiling...useful Tip For Car Owners by olowo72(m): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2016
The very term 'hypermiling' was coined by Gerdes in 2004, and it became the Oxford Word of the year in 2008...
Hypermiling means saving fuel... I think it the best now that fuel price has gone up in Nigeria.
Hypermiling is generally characterized by a smooth driving and thinking ahead. Aggressive tactics like tailgating, which entails closely following the vehicle ahead to reduce drag, are against Gerdes' philosophy.
Pix below.

1 Like

Re: Hypermiling...useful Tip For Car Owners by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:11am On Aug 28, 2016
olowo72:
The very term 'hypermiling' was coined by Gerdes in 2004, and it became the Oxford Word of the year in 2008...
Hypermiling means saving fuel... I think it the best now that fuel price has gone up in Nigeria.
Hypermiling is generally characterized by a smooth driving and thinking ahead. Aggressive tactics like tailgating, which entails closely following the vehicle ahead to reduce drag, are against Gerdes' philosophy: "I always drive at or just below the Posted Speed Limit in the far right lane."
Here's a hint. [img]The very term 'hypermiling' was coined by Gerdes in 2004, and it became the Oxford Word of the year in 2008...
Hypermiling is generally characterized by a smooth driving and thinking ahead. Aggressive tactics like tailgating, which entails closely following the vehicle ahead to reduce drag, are against Gerdes' philosophy: "I always drive at or just below the Posted Speed Limit in the far right lane."
Here's a hint. [/img]The very term 'hypermiling' was coined by Gerdes in 2004, and it became the Oxford Word of the year in 2008...
Here's a hint.

Even to copy and paste you no sabi, very sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hypermiling...useful Tip For Car Owners by olowo72(m): 9:16am On Aug 28, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Even to copy and paste you no sabi, very sad
Thank you. But it obvious you came here to speak from the depth of your ignorance. And you have achieved that. Opinion is likened to assholes you sure have one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hypermiling...useful Tip For Car Owners by tmanis(m): 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
olowo72:

Thank you. But it obvious you came here to speak from the depth of your ignorance. And you have achieved that. Opinion is likened to assholes you sure have one.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Re: Hypermiling...useful Tip For Car Owners by Lezzlie(m): 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
olowo72:

Guy, take correction with meekness, after reading the original article headlining in CNN, yours was an obfuscation and distortion.

You should have just copied it and paste without trying to edit it.
Re: Hypermiling...useful Tip For Car Owners by olowo72(m): 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lezzlie:

Guy, take correction with meekness, after reading the original article headlining in CNN, yours was an obfuscation and distortion.

You should have just copied it and paste without trying to edit it.
Thank you too. It was an error. Noted.. No one is above mistake... Noted.. I didn't say I wouldn't take corrections. Notwithstanding I believe there is a difference between correction and mockery.I wouldn't take the latter.

2 Likes

Re: Hypermiling...useful Tip For Car Owners by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
olowo72:

Thank you too. It was an error. Noted.. No one is above mistake... Noted.. I didn't say I wouldn't take corrections. Notwithstanding I believe there is a difference between correction and mockery.I wouldn't take the latter.

Edit your first post so we know you have taken correction.
Re: Hypermiling...useful Tip For Car Owners by olowo72(m): 10:13am On Aug 29, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Edit your first post so we know you have taken correction.
Correction taken!

(1) (Reply)

Between Mazada 3 Vs Toyota Corolla 2004 Model / Where Can I Get My Car Scanned In Osogbo / I Want To Renew My Drivers Licence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.