Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (907927 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
beloved2000:
tnxamil Mikymiko....BSC Marketing
I advice you follow your dream and move towards achieving your goals. Remove fear and get your dream achieved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cutelover19(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Yeah. U can.
You will be required only to send (through courier services) the original transcript and certificate/statement of result when you have been given provisional admission that should be around next year March or so.

You can use Student's copy of your transcript, and a statement of Result for your UofM application.
UofM application is a bit strenuous, so that on time.
You have barely 6weeks to deadline.
sir, kindly help me with the following issues.
1. what's the average living cost in Manitoba?
2. what's the average time it takes to find a job?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oyemat123(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
Oyemat123:

Thanks very much. On my IMM form the duration is January 2017 to January 2018. Now that I may likely defer to September wont it be an issue.? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abestine(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mikymiko:
Amen. Don't give up? Share the documents you submitted so that we advice towards addressing the concerns raised in your application.

I ask who is your sponsor?
How much fee did u pay?
How did you prove your sponsor's relationship?
Did you add assets?
How much is ur sponsor's balance?
How much is your balance?

1. I didn't use sponsor, I have a grant ($17500/yr) for 2yrs from my supervisor,
2. I didn't pay any fee, it wasn't required
3. I stood as my sponsor with a bank statement of 6M
4. Didn't add assets
5. 6M

Documents submitted
1. CIC documents
2. Admission letter
3. Letter of grants (obtained from my supervisor)
4. SOP
5. Marriage certificate
6. Age declaration
7. NYSC discharge cert
8. Police report cert
9. Employment letter
10. Reference letter from employee
11. Degree certificate
12. Official fee schedule(obtained from UofM)
13. CV
14. Academic transcripts

Those are the documents I submitted

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vickyehi: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
Pls no one answered my question.....
After trv approval how long will it be valid for?
That is if I get approved in Dec for Jan 2017 can I defer to fall 2017 and use the same trv to travel?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
abestine:

1. I didn't use sponsor, I have a grant ($17500/yr) for 2yrs from my supervisor,
4. Didn't add assets
5. 6M

Documents submitted
1. CIC documents
2. Admission letter
4. SOP
5. Marriage certificate
6. Age declaration
7. NYSC discharge cert
8. Police report cert
9. Employment letter
11. Degree certificate
13. CV
14. Academic transcripts

Waoh

Your application looks perfect.
The grant is good and reliable.

The funds seems sufficient to me.

May Gods grace speak for us all, amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Holabisi: 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
ramsol00:

You have to use a Visa Gold card (if you have a domicilliary account), I had to face this too when I wanted to submit on friday until I used dom acct. I sent you a pm already on how you can go about it

Please I also need assistance on how to pay application fee U of M. Don't know how pm works, dis is my mail horlami257@gmail.com.Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abestine(m): 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
Nony1:

Waoh

Your application looks perfect.
The grant is good and reliable.

The funds seems sufficient to me.

May Gods grace speak for us all, amen

Amen, repackaging to refire
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mcowubaba: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
cutelover19:

Sir, you're very vague and ambiguous for me to give any suitable response.
Living cost for how long?
Average time it takes to find Job, what type of job, what's your qualifications, status in Manitoba/Canada undecided

Anyway let me try and answer, Manitoba is generally a cheaper province when compared to Ontario, British Columbia etc but not cheaper than Saskatchewan or Newfoundland and Labrador.

For a Masters program of Two years, I think an estimated budget of 7million naira should cover for everything in (Tuition, accommodations, other fees, a little luxury, transportation round the Province and even for flight from Nigeria to Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson Airport CYGW).
But all this depends on what type of accommodation you would choose, your lifestyle, your planning and choices.
BTW
I don't know the University and course you're applying to so I can't actually know your tuition.

About Jobs, don't worry there are loads of opportunities, but that depends on your immigration Status in Canada, qualifications and to an extent your Course of study.
You will definitely get a job, but it may not be your choice Job immediately, but after awhile you will land your dream Job.
Success Sir

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mcowubaba: 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
ramsol00:

You have to use a Visa Gold card (if you have a domicilliary account), I had to face this too when I wanted to submit on friday until I used dom acct. I sent you a pm already on how you can go about it
Hello sir please can you please post the details on this page so others will learn.
Individual Pms at times are tasking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
abestine:

Amen, repackaging to refire

I still think the gurus should look into your application because I believe those VOs trust international funds more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abestine(m): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
cutelover19:

I think this pics should help, just convert to naira

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (WINTER 2017)
1. Oladesuk: July 22nd, Red river college, online route, PASSPORT REQUEST(99.9%)
2. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
3. emma4eva : sept 4th, MEng. western university, online
4. anyachostan: sept 19th, university of Saskatchewan,Msc upfront medical, paper route.
5. Daarey: Aug 17th, University of Prince Edwrad Island, UG, Online DELAYED
6. Ajayi4: August 11, MA, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Paper Route, MEDICAL PASSED
7. nonny1: August 22, MSc, University of Saskatchewan, Paper route MEDICAL PASSED
8. bbwollex: Sept 22nd, Humber college PGC, paper route
9. temitopej: Sept 28th, Seneca College PGC, paper route
10. Mikymiko: October 19th, Masters, Brandon University, paper route
11. xyoung: October 21st, MEng, Uregina, Paper route
12. realdrayne : October 20th, PGC, Lambton College, paper route, Upfront Medicals.
13. ramsol00: October 21st, Masters, University of New Brunswick , Online route.
14. Benstone : August 4th, MBA University of Regina, Paper Route.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ayat1209:
Please house, my cgpa is 2.99. What are my chances? I want to apply to ubc, University of manitoba and university of alberta.

Please people, shed more light and help my ministry. Thanks in anticipation

With the cgpa I'd not advise u to apply to UBC, if your last 2 years were good u can apply to Manitoba, I don't really know about ualberta tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ajayi4(m): 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
abestine:

4. Didn't add assets
5. 6M

Documents submitted
1. CIC documents
2. Admission letter
4. SOP
5. Marriage certificate
6. Age declaration
7. NYSC discharge cert
8. Police report cert
9. Employment letter
11. Degree certificate
13. CV
14. Academic transcripts

Abestine, sorry to hear you were denied after seemingly long wait, and despite this attractive grant. However, I still feel that the VOs were skeptical you would use the 6m in your account for the study. By the way, was the money from your salary income, or did you receive frm someone whose source you did not clarify in your SOP? With your total fee schedule standing between $27 and 37, 000 dollars, they felt the 17,500 grant was probably an average of all you needed. So, adding a sponsor with running income would have seen you through. If after the grant, the total expenses do not exceed about $3 to 4k, then you can self-sponsor with just 1 to 2 million naira. But 6 million without continuous income would raise doubts as to veracity of your self-sponsor claim, especially given the fact that you did not add assets. Do not also forget that you are a family man as indicated by you marriage certificate. Therefore, you should at least let them know how your family would fare in your absence, either by including your child/ren birth certificate if any, and your wife employment letter to show she can take care of your family in your absence. The VOs think more that we do. My simple thoughts. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by anthney87: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
pls advice.... my cgpa is 2.45.. can I apply for masters?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
Good evening all. I need help. So I've been trying to apply to Saskatchewan Polytechnic but I can't seem to apply as a foreign student so I was wondering if I could connect with anyone there that can show me the ropes on how to apply for a first degree program over there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by faturepsmech: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
hello haus thanks for your contributions.I just got my admission university of Manitoba and about to package my app for trv with my dad as d sponsor but his bank statement has an in flow of 9m and out flow of 8m. please I would like to inquire if anybody could clarify how D vo will see dis .
Does it mean is soa is 1m?
or is it 9m?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cutelover19(m): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Sir, you're very vague and ambiguous for me to give any suitable response.
Living cost for how long?
Average time it takes to find Job, what type of job, what's your qualifications, status in Manitoba/Canada undecided

Anyway let me try and answer, Manitoba is generally a cheaper province when compared to Ontario, British Columbia etc but not cheaper than Saskatchewan or Newfoundland and Labrador.

For a Masters program of Two years, I think an estimated budget of 7million naira should cover for everything in (Tuition, accommodations, other fees, a little luxury, transportation round the Province and even for flight from Nigeria to Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson Airport CYGW).
But all this depends on what type of accommodation you would choose, your lifestyle, your planning and choices.
BTW
I don't know the University and course you're applying to so I can't actually know your tuition.

About Jobs, don't worry there are loads of opportunities, but that depends on your immigration Status in Canada, qualifications and to an extent your Course of study.
You will definitely get a job, but it may not be your choice Job immediately, but after awhile you will land your dream Job.
Success Sir
thanks a million Sir. one more thing Sir, since I can't work for more than a 20 hours, what's the average wage for an off campus job? are international students earnings taxed? I need to know this so as to prepare the mind of my parents in the case that they have to supplement my earnings.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by platypelloid: 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hello house.
Pls which is better for a medical doctor planning to school in Canada?
8 months diploma which is 14,000 CAD per year or 2 years Msc ?

Which province or school is the cheapest? And allow installments? Above 95percent admission?

Between diploma and masters?which one can earn me job quickly and the ease of getting permanent residence.
??
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mryoung16: 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
essyife:

Hello dear I did not pay even my school said I should pay 500$ October 12 which I' did not even want to do so until I get to Canada

@essyife, please which school did u applied? Finally which program are you going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Dampop1: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hello House,

Please i need to submit my transcript hard copy to University of winnipeng, Please which seevices can i use(DHL , FedEx or others)

Pleaee anyone has idea of how much theu charge and how long?

Please i need replies, Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
faturepsmech:
hello haus thanks for your contributions.I just got my admission university of Manitoba and about to package my app for trv with my dad as d sponsor but his bank statement has an in flow of 9m and out flow of 8m. please I would like to inquire if anybody could clarify how D vo will see dis .
Does it mean is soa is 1m?
or is it 9m?

His soa is 1m wc wont be enof to submit at embassy unless you are fully funded.
His account balance must be more than ur annual tuition and living expenses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xyoung: 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
God I beg ooo. The way una de mention millions millions here and there, abeg where una de see all this millions for this recession? Shuuuu

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by judlice84: 11:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
I used DHL recently. It took 3 working days and cost N12650

Dampop1:
Hello House,

Please i need to submit my transcript hard copy to University of winnipeng, Please which seevices can i use(DHL , FedEx or others)

Pleaee anyone has idea of how much theu charge and how long?

Please i need replies, Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by atrapon(m): 11:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Chei,tension don start when I Neva submit TRV,God help me AMEN...,I just saw 'decision made' at admission status of my MUN masters application portal ,abeg who has seen his ,MUN coleagues respond
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
xyoung:
God I beg ooo. The way una de mention millions millions here and there, abeg where una de see all this millions for this recession? Shuuuu
Most of them are judges picking. Millions no be their wahala now.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 12:05am On Oct 26, 2016
Nah. No worries, it's not gonna be an issue.

Oyemat123:

Thanks very much. On my IMM form the duration is January 2017 to January 2018. Now that I may likely defer to September wont it be an issue.? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 12:14am On Oct 26, 2016
I just did last week at Children's Practice Ikoyi for #28,050.

oduzbaba89:
please home...... how much is the cost of medicals for this Canadian approved hospitals .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 12:16am On Oct 26, 2016
Since it is paper, you must have submitted through VFS. So they won't email you. They will send any correspondence through mail (VFS).

Benstone:
Hello house, am new here, I have submitted my application through paper route, and i did not include my email, but i included phone number, how will they contact me for medical?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.