Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,939 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:56 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (902487 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by t405: 2:24pm On Jan 12, 2017
lovetrumps:
Hi joblinks. I was supposed to resume in January too but I have defered to May also. What are we going to show at point of entry now

Am seeing a number of pple saying they are resuming in May.pls does this mean your school has a May session for your program or is it that you are resuming for the next term in May.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
Congratulations. I am in the same situation with the deferment.What are we to show at the point of entry now
unyted:
Finally, my TRV is approved.

God has done it for me finally! The wait was very painful. But once the CIC commenced the process, I noticed there was no delay.

Applied (online) - 27 October 2016
Biometrics - 28 October 2016
Medical call up - 29 December 2016
Did medical examination - 30 December 2016
Passed medical - 2 January 2017
Passport request email - 6 January 2017
Passport collected with TRV - 12 January 2017

To all expecting their TRVs, just keep believing yours is on the way!

I was supposed to resume in school by 1 January 2017 (latest 9 January 2017). Eventually, I had to defer resumption till May 2017.

God bless you all!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
My course has a May intake. So that is a new session.
t405:

Am seeing a number of pple saying they are resuming in May.pls does this mean your school has a May session for your program or is it that you are resuming for the next term in May.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2017
princeade09:
Good day my people, to all trv hopeful, God will take control.

I have a question, I want to use my uncle and my brother as sponsor be co-sponsor respectively, tuition is like 24000 cad, my uncle for instance has 23 000cad as his account balance and my brother has like 5000cad as balance,

But my uncle is ready to sponsor the entire of my education in canada just that presently his balance is not up to the total fee per year, what can I declare on the affidavit of sponsorship, how can I package this matter?

Many have this same problem I beleive
You should also take note that in addition to your tuition fees, CIC requires you have sufficient available resources in the tune of 10000CAD for your living expenses for atleast a year while showing source(s) of income for subsequent year (s).
In your case, your sponsors will have to prove this. Aside the available balance, they must show a RELIABLE source of income to caretare for you and their own needs. One conviencing way to showing responsibility to a PRINCIPAL applicant's financially from a 3rd party(uncle) is commitment and not just stating in writting. If you can get your sponsors to pay your tuition (full or part) with the money the presently have while showing the have a reliable source of income and also state why they are sponsoring you, It could boost your application. But then, Paying of school fees is not a guarantee of a study permit approval, other aspect of your application must be conviencing too.
All the best to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
lovetrumps:
Thank you. But does reviewing the medicals mean a visa would be given
nope, if you do upfront medicals, it has no guarantee in issuance of visa even when passed, but if u were called for medicals, we can say its a greenlight on ur application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
lovetrumps:
Thank you. But does reviewing the medicals mean a visa would be given
No, it doesn't. It only tells you that you have met their requirements healthwise . A final decision has to be made after you meet all requirements.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
I am so deflated again now. My childs application has passed processing time, I sent them an inquiry mail which they have not responded too and the only thing which has just changed in his status is the medical review.
Austinpee4:

No, it doesn't. It only tells you that you have met their requirements healthwise . A final decision has to be made after you meet all requirements.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by princeade09: 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
Austinpee4:

You should also take note that in addition to your tuition fees, CIC requires you have sufficient available resources in the tune of 10000CAD for your living expenses for atleast a year while showing source(s) of income for subsequent year (s).
In your case, your sponsors will have to prove this. Aside the available balance, they must show a RELIABLE source of income to caretare for you and their own needs. One conviencing way to showing responsibility to a PRINCIPAL applicant's financially from a 3rd party(uncle) is commitment and not just stating in writting. If you can get your sponsors to pay your tuition (full or part) with the money the presently have while showing the have a reliable source of income and also state why they are sponsoring you, It could boost your application. But then, Paying of school fees is not a guarantee of a study permit approval, other aspect of your application must be conviencing too.
All the best to you.

God bless you, but what I am trying to ask here is that since my uncle has money less than total year fee available, should he still mention in the affidavit that he is ready to sponsor me with the total of my fees every year or should say only part?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
lovetrumps:
I am so deflated again now. My childs application has passed processing time, I sent them an inquiry mail which they have not responded too and the only thing which has just changed in his status is the medical review.
Still be patient and hopeful, anytin is possible.They most definitely will get back to you. When? Sadly,no one can really say.
I don't get the "medical review" part. Was it changed to passed or still 'under review'?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
princeade09:

God bless you, but what I am trying to ask here is that since my uncle has money less than total year fee available, should he still mention in the affidavit that he is ready to sponsor me with the total of my fees every year or should say only part?
Well, he can only declare and state what he is willing to do and afford as an affidavit is a binding document.If he states he will sponsor you, he may want to state in what monetary capacity in the affidavit be it in half or full and since you have a co-sponsor, both individuals can elaborate on their capacities as sponsors to you. The main aim should also be to meet CIC requirements. Tuition + 10,000CAD atleast for a year while considering subsequent year (s) of your study.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 3:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
lovetrumps:
Hi joblinks. I was supposed to resume in January too but I have defered to May also. What are we going to show at point of entry now

My admission is valid Winter 2017 to Fall 2017 as indicated on the acceptance letter.
But if this is not indicated on yours, it will be good to contact your school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
tplacid:
personal assets and financial status.

travel history

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
i am sorry about this but i am being able to comment on this because i initially told you to alternatively strategize just in case at last year's december about this HRM program of a thing. concerning ''personal assets and finances'' are you married with kids?if single and above 28/29 and have worked for long,did you add your personal assets by means of land? in addition,what was the closing balance in your personal statement of account? is it above 1million?
from michV a.k.a TRV doctor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
BOSCO123:
Good Morning Everyone,please who has or know someone that got admission into university of Ottawa ,I want to apply for master there ,but I need someone who has gone through the process to put me through ,I don't want to make any mistake .Thanks in anticipation.

Sup, I applied for my Masters program at the University of Ottawa and University of Toronto about 2 years ago. Luckily I got admitted to both schools but I chose The University of Toronto for obvious reason. How is your application going?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
t405:

At times,it may be program/course specific or even depend on your supervisor's approval , so it will be good to get details from your school.But for the program i applied for, you can start in winter, spring or winter term. Spring start in May
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
tplacid:

Errrr......so you think economics isn't related to HRM ?
it is NEVER related

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
It was changed to passed
Austinpee4:

Still be patient and hopeful, anytin is possible.They most definitely will get back to you. When? Sadly,no one can really say.
I don't get the "medical review" part. Was it changed to passed or still 'under review'?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
Congrats! @joblinks1 and unyted. Kindly share your profile.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2017
lovetrumps:
It was changed to passed
Ok. A final decision is imminent then. Just be hopeful for a positive outcome for your child. Best regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rallymento(m): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
God please answer me ooo!!!

Submitted since 7th of October, Did Bio on the 12th... the guy that did bio immediately After me was rejected!!

My school have resumed on the 9th of January...

I need your advice to if you have ever been in my shoes..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
Is it a one year program. I don't get it. mine was from January to September Are you talking of the program start and end date. Does it mean you would have to apply for a visa extension when you get to canada. Please give me your number. Let me call you
joblinks1:

My admission is valid Winter 2017 to Fall 2017 as indicated on the acceptance letter.
But if this is not indicated on yours, it will be good to contact your school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
lovetrumps:
Is it a one year program. I don't get it. mine was from January to September Are you talking of the program start and end date. Does it mean you would have to apply for a visa extension when you get to canada. Please give me your number. Let me call you

find below a mail from my University

Hello,

Your acceptance is valid from Winter 2017 to Fall 2017 - this means that you can start in January (Winter), April (Spring/Summer) or September (Fall).

Thank you,

FGSR Admission and Registration
Engineering and Applied Science program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rallymento(m): 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
joblinks1:

Hello,

Your acceptance is valid from Winter 2017 to Fall 2017 - this means that you can start in January (Winter), April (Spring/Summer) or September (Fall).

Thank you,

Did you use an agent?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ok. So you were not sent a new acceptance letter. I am not talking of the email. I am talking of your acceptance letter. Can you give me your number. My question is. Is there anything different people who have deffered their program start date need to submitt at the point of entry
joblinks1:

Hello,

Thank you,

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
princeade09:
Good day my people, to all trv hopeful, God will take control.

I have a question, I want to use my uncle and my brother as sponsor be co-sponsor respectively, tuition is like 24000 cad, my uncle for instance has 23 000cad as his account balance and my brother has like 5000cad as balance,

But my uncle is ready to sponsor the entire of my education in canada just that presently his balance is not up to the total fee per year, what can I declare on the affidavit of sponsorship, how can I package this matter?

Many have this same problem I beleive

In my opinion he may not have the full thing for the full one year, but the job he has must be able to pay for your tuition and whatever else and still have some left over to take care of himself and the family (if he is a man, or woman, lol) but I don't believe that his account balance not reading the full amount for tuition and all will hinder the application outrightly, he may pay the first semester to show his commitment and his SOA must also be one that shows that over time he will be buoyant enough to sort your fees and also his own personal needs and all.

Hope this helps pls note, I have no first hand knowledge just from a lot of reading on the thread, and also some family experiences... I am still waiting o my admission from Manitoba and sask.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by willyboss: 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
Congrats @unyted. So happy for you bro
. I sent you a pm
unyted:
Finally, my TRV is approved.

God has done it for me finally! The wait was very painful. But once the CIC commenced the process, I noticed there was no delay.

Applied (online) - 27 October 2016
Biometrics - 28 October 2016
Medical call up - 29 December 2016
Did medical examination - 30 December 2016
Passed medical - 2 January 2017
Passport request email - 6 January 2017
Passport collected with TRV - 12 January 2017

To all expecting their TRVs, just keep believing yours is on the way!

I was supposed to resume in school by 1 January 2017 (latest 9 January 2017). Eventually, I had to defer resumption till May 2017.

God bless you all!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
lovetrumps:
Congratulations. I am in the same situation with the deferment.What are we to show at the point of entry now

You will need to request for an updated admission letter from your school, stating May 2017 as the resumption date. It may be a good idea to have both admission letters printed with you (Jan and May), incase the immigration guys ask questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Onyeara: 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello Guy
I had my first degree in Mech Eng , Nigeria, and masters in Europe in 2006 in Mech Eng and worked in UK till 2010 when I returned to Nigeria
I have applied for Canada Entry Visa but got refused on the ground of Purpose of Visit
Asset and Finance.
Had my brother as Sponsor
Closing Baalnce 5m
Personal bal 800k
Age 42
My Admission is PGD and I didn't indicate that I had masters before.
I order my GCM,From GCM, they were talking about brother fund is small,personal fund small, my proposed study program not inline with my previous study Mec Eng(Undergraduate study). They also said in the gcm that I haven't had study abroad, and return to show that i will really come back after studies
I am applying for masters in Mech Eng to reapply in 2017.
Friends are advising my to put in my old rich passport and indicate my previous study even though i didn't put it in previous application.
Pls gurus in the house advise a brother, will I be barned if I put in new information, wouldn't they see it as hiding of vital information and barn me for 5 years
Thanks for your anticipated replies
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
lovetrumps:
It was changed to passed

That's a positive indicator. Just be patient and hopeful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
Thank you
unyted:

You will need to request for an updated admission letter from your school, stating May 2017 as the resumption date. It may be a good idea to have both admission letters printed with you (Jan and May), incase the immigration guys ask questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
willyboss:
Congrats @unyted. So happy for you bro
. I sent you a pm

Brother, thanks a lot. I didn't receive your message bro. Try and resend.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
Onyeara:
Hello Guy
I had my first degree in Mech Eng , Nigeria, and masters in Europe in 2006 in Mech Eng and worked in UK till 2010 when I returned to Nigeria
I have applied for Canada Entry Visa but got refused on the ground of Purpose of Visit
Asset and Finance.
Had my brother as Sponsor
Closing Baalnce 5m
Personal bal 800k
Age 42
My Admission is PGD and I didn't indicate that I had masters before.
I order my GCM,From GCM, they were talking about brother fund is small,personal fund small, my proposed study program not inline with my previous study Mec Eng(Undergraduate study). They also said in the gcm that I haven't had study abroad, and return to show that i will really come back after studies
I am applying for masters in Mech Eng to reapply in 2017.
Friends are advising my to put in my old rich passport and indicate my previous study even though i didn't put it in previous application.
Pls gurus in the house advise a brother, will I be barned if I put in new information, wouldn't they see it as hiding of vital information and barn me for 5 years
Thanks for your anticipated replies
Cheers

Sorry for the delay bro...just try and re-fire, it will surely come.
There are evidences on this forum that the probability of getting TRV as an MSc candidate is higher than for PGDs. Will you consider a change of course to boost your chances? Ensure your choice of course is related to your undergraduate course and/or your current work experience. I do not believe mentioning that you have an MSc will diminish your chances, in as much as your new course complements your old MSc degree.

Finance is also very key. Try and boost your personal account to about NGN 5m. This is very important considering your previous work experience. If your sponsor can also increase his account balance, that would be nice.

If possible, include your letters of employment at your previous place of work with your application. You could also get study leave approval from your current employer, stating when you are due to return to work after your study, and the position you will be resuming at.

Your SOP should be detailed, and should itemize the skills you have learnt at your BSc level, and the skills accumulated at work. It is always nice to ensure that your MSc/PGD complements your previous skills and experiences and reinforces your personal goals and objectives.

I wish you all the best in your next application.

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gracey31: 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello house, please i want to apply for a study permit in canada i got admission to niagara college, i graduated with third class in uni here in naija i study English as my first degree my pgd program in canada is hospitality and tourism mgmt, i work with a travel agency , i want to know if d program goes wit my first degree and have also been to canada before on visit visa and Ghana and i have over 5million closing balance in my personal acct my half brother is my co sponsor please what are my chances of approval.

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.