Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908349 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 17, 2017
Hi everyone. This wonderful forum has helped me a lot. I just got a mail to submit my passport for a Canadian study permit. My passport expires Jan 2018, I'm going for a 1 year program starting March 2017. It was stated in the email that they won't issue me a visa beyond the expiry date of my passport.. Can I renew my passport even though i still have 6 months more?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by successtouch: 6:28am On Jan 17, 2017
congratulations, yes you can renew your passport even if there is six months left . I encountered the same challenge last year. when I was about applying for my study permit. at first they told me it was not possible, but u know Nigeria and our system anything is possible. just print the mail cic sent to you and take it along with you, explain to them and just take with you Exra cash, aside from the normal passport price. and you will be OK. once again congratulations. and I also tap into your testimony.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 8:03am On Jan 17, 2017
1sugar:
Hi everyone. This wonderful forum has helped me a lot. I just got a mail to submit my passport for a Canadian study permit. My passport expires Jan 2018, I'm going for a 1 year program starting March 2017. It was stated in the email that they won't issue me a visa beyond the expiry date of my passport.. Can I renew my passport even though i still have 6 months more?

Congratulations!..Ofcourse you can renew your passport just like @successtouch said .. When did you apply for your student permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Reemz: 8:50am On Jan 17, 2017
Good day,please can any one share any information on which airline is best and less expensive(cost) traveling from Nigeria to Canada. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 9:08am On Jan 17, 2017
heniola:

I meant applications where a mother is planning to school with a child as a dependent tends to be refused. I don't know how true this is.

its not true, we av seen cases here that was approved, the issue we all have here is putting forward a convincing app. if you are able to provide a sustainable source of income that would cater for you and ur child(ren). you would get ur TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MoonTravels: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2017
Reemz:
Good day,please can any one share any information on which airline is best and less expensive(cost) traveling from Nigeria to Canada. Thank you.
I think the cheapest now is egyptair, Royal air maroc and Turkish air. I will not advice anybody to travel with Royal air maroc because of bad customer service( they can even misplace your luggage) and I personally do not like Turkish air because of the incessant terrorist attacks in turkey, so I suggest you go with egyptair or even Ethiopian airline ( if u have a bigger budget).

You can contact @folaroyal or book directly with the airline by visiting their office here in Nigeria.
Ethiopian Airline: No. 3 Idowu Taylor St., Victoria Island, Lagos

Egyptair: 22 idowu Taylor St., UBA Plc House, Victoria island - Lagos

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2017
@yemdogg, @folaroyal please check your respective mails I have sent you guys some messages to reply. please make una respond.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 17, 2017
I may have to bitterly drop this here again which recently happened.

you can imagine when a moniker from this forum has me as a contact,got every ''single detail'', loop holes and processes involved in securing TRV and had an agent to finish the process,only to utilize me out of my work schedule in office, my leisure times and thinks using an agent has an advantage and at last i received ''thank you very much/God bless you'' and pays the agent more than N150k which i got to know when i smartly asked about how the application is going only to find out ''I have already submitted''.

my point here is if you would use an agent,why bug me to the core constantly and I do everything to please you,only to find out I am good to be utilized while an agent is good to have a good pay. I don't think I would tolerate PMs anymore from this forum because some/most contacts here are not useful to me,share your problems openly in this forum, if I come online and feel like commenting,i do. if i don't feel like even being quoted, I skim through the pages and leave.

*TRV Doctor*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by willyboss: 11:48am On Jan 17, 2017
@michV, sorry for the ill treatment. God Almighty will reward you for the good work you are doing.
Never be tired of doing good, it pays in the long run
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 11:53am On Jan 17, 2017
michV:

you can imagine when a moniker from this forum has me as a contact,got every ''single detail'', loop holes and processes involved in securing TRV and had an agent to finish the process,only to utilize me out of my work schedule in office, my leisure times and thinks using an agent has an advantage and at last i received ''thank you very much/God bless you'' and pays the agent more than N150k which i got to know when i smartly asked about how the application is going only to find out ''I have already submitted''.

my point here is if you would use an agent,why bug me to the core constantly and I do everything to please you,only to find out I am good to be utilized while an agent is good to have a good pay. I don't think I would tolerate PMs anymore from this forum because some/most contacts here are not useful to me,share your problems openly in this forum, if I come online and feel like commenting,i do. if i don't feel like even being quoted, I skim through the pages and leave.

*TRV Doctor*

Looool, take it easy bruh. Though I see no issue here bro. Just do yours and leave whoever want to go ahead to dash agent money. You won't know may be their parents had been owing the agent's parent some certain amount that kama is setting in. LoL. But this won't stop you from doing yours and in case you think its getting too costly, I think you can also go ahead to charge like agents. After all it your knowledge abi, anyone who is cool with it will come for you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2017
michV:

*TRV Doctor*
its sad though the way people do in this life. I hardly do PMs dou cox i bliv every1 on this forum have one or 2 things to contribute, if i av a question i post and any1 with an answer to my question can profer it. anyways its ur choice and decision so let it be. but people should be mindful of how they think dey can just use people and dump dem. its well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chimah3(m): 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
Please where can i do medicals in Abuja?

and cost??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by fejeerow(f): 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2017
Eraytee:

get the details of the school acc, and do a wire transfer via ur dorm acc. faster and reliable.
ok I ll do dorm account transfer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
wealth360:
@yemdogg, @folaroyal please check your respective mails I have sent you guys some messages to reply. please make una respond.

Seen....will revert back to you shortly.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MoonTravels: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2017
chimah3:
Please where can i do medicals in Abuja?

and cost??
The following Panel Physicians are available in this country - ordered by city:
City: Abuja
Name: Bolanle Olusola Ariyo
Address: Abuja Clinics,
22 Amazon Street,
Maitama,
E-mail:appointment@abujaclinics.com
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436/7042842
Spoken Languages: English
Name: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre Abuja
Address: 4 Buchannan Close,
off Buchannan Crescent, off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse 11,
iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int
Telephone: +234 (0) 808 522 1427
+234 (0) 807 219 1122
Name: Adeniyi ADEGOKE
22 Amazon Street, Maitama,
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436 /7042842
City: Abuja, Maitama
Name: Maduemezie Nwakaego
22 Amazon Street,
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436/7042842

The cost should be around 45-50k, I'm not sure, u have to confirm the hospitals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
MoonTravels:
I think the cheapest now is egyptair, Royal air maroc and Turkish air. I will not advice anybody to travel with Royal air maroc because of bad customer service( they can even misplace your luggage) and I personally do not like Turkish air because of the incessant terrorist attacks in turkey, so I suggest you go with egyptair or even Ethiopian airline ( if u have a bigger budget).

You can contact @folaroyal or book directly with the airline by visiting their office here in Nigeria.
Ethiopian Airline: No. 3 Idowu Taylor St., Victoria Island, Lagos

Egyptair: 22 idowu Taylor St., UBA Plc House, Victoria island - Lagos

Thanks for the info.

Quick rough investigation and calculations shows lagos - Toronto flight is cheaper than Calgary, while Lagos - Calgary flight is cheaper than Victoria.
Thanks!
Before i start receiving pm from flight agents, be aware that i have no admission and visa yet, just gathering knowledge. Thank you. cool

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Rfactor: 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house, please i need ur assistance,
been trying to get a supervisor for my program (elect and comp eng) in the uni of manitoba, but proving so difficult. pls i would really appreciate if any one who was able to scale thru dis process or who has idea should please kindly help a soul and put me tru or assist on ao to get a supervisor.
All assistance rendered would he highly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
michV:
..... an agent has an advantage and at last i received ''thank you very much/God bless you'' and pays the agent more than N150k which i got to know when i smartly asked about how the application is going only to find out ''I have already submitted''.

my point here is if you would use an agent,why bug me to the core constantly and I do everything to please you,only to find out I am good to be utilized while an agent is good to have ........

*TRV Doctor*
You should know that no matter how simple you make life easy for people, some will still choose the hard way, and there is nothing you can do about it.
The joy of showing them the way is what you should seek and enjoy. Bother not, if they choose otherwise. They have their good reasons for such. cool
Shalom!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by heniola(f): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
Eraytee:

its not true, we av seen cases here that was approved, the issue we all have here is putting forward a convincing app. if you are able to provide a sustainable source of income that would cater for you and ur child(ren). you would get ur TRV.
Thank you for your response

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Deyonsesi: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
@ oluphilip2008.

Please I sent you a PM, kindly respond.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
Rfactor:
Hello Gurus in the house, please i need ur assistance,
been trying to get a supervisor for my program (elect and comp eng) in the uni of manitoba, but proving so difficult. pls i would really appreciate if any one who was able to scale thru dis process or who has idea should please kindly help a soul and put me tru or assist on ao to get a supervisor.
All assistance rendered would he highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Lol. Welcome to the race! Kindly pick your lane and focus.

If you are looking for supervisor in just one school, be ready for 99% chances of getting "sorry, i have no space".
However, if you want a least 5% reply of "yes", you will create a list of all schools in canada that offer your program, reduce the list to those that require getting a supervisor, further reduce it by those that offer funding if you need it, and finally reduce by those that require hard copy transcript before making decisions to reduce cost.

After Then, send good email to all professors, interested in your previous or proposed research, in the programs making your final list.

My final advise for you : don't reduce the list by hard copy transcript before sending the email, and don't disregard those that don't offer funding , if you have less than 80% GPA in your last two years of study or if you can afford to pay the school fees.

A guide on how to draft good email is on the first page of this thread part and Google.

Go and do your assignment or comment if you think you have done it with proof.

The supervisor search race is not for the faint hearted. I pray you are favoured.

I no be guru o. You may wait for gurus' opinion if that is what you desire. Shalom! cool

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
Osemigho:

If you are looking for supervisor in just one school, be ready for 99% chances of getting "sorry, i have no space".
However, if you want a least 5% reply of "yes", you will create a list of all schools in canada that offer your program, reduce the list to those that require getting a supervisor, further reduce it by those that offer funding if you need it, and finally reduce by those that require hard copy transcript before making decisions to reduce cost.

After Then, send good email to all professors, interested in your previous or proposed research, in the programs making your final list.

My final advise for you : don't reduce the list by hard copy transcript before sending the email, and don't disregard those that don't offer funding , if you have less than 80% GPA in your last two years of study or if you can afford to pay the school fees.

A guide on how to draft good email is on the first page of this thread part and Google.

The supervisor search race is not for the faint hearted. I pray you are favoured.

I no be guru o. You may wait for gurus' opinion if that is what you desire. Shalom! cool

You nailed it bro. well said!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Rfactor: 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
Osemigho:

i av tried n still trying thou, apllied to 2 school aleady planning for dis but since it a reqiurment to get sup even befor applying..... i became confused but was trying but still no response sine november,,,,,or would u mind if i forward a copy of my mails to u....to go tru
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iseise: 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
joblinks1:

If you submitted a paper application, you will need to link your application online so you can view updates on your application online. But if you submitted an online application, no need.
No need for follow up,just wait till you receive updates on your application from CIC.
please how do I link my paper application online ? I tried before the response I got is record not found but I can track it using the racking number
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Arcayo: 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
michV:

*TRV Doctor*
you have done your part bro... when you look at it in another perspective you are not the only one on this forum, the guy picked you out of the gurus in the house for reasons best known to him/her maybe for your good advise/analysis of applications..... paying an agent to finish the job might not be his/her decisions (might be parent or sponsors funding the application/education.
continue with your good work bro you dont know who might help you with soft landing in Canada/US/AUS in the nearest future wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdullahi45: 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello Gurus,
I have some questions here please, i have tried contacting Google but i need experience here please

Firstly, please how much is 40,000 CAD in Naira now (i saw that as my tuition fees for Masters at University of Ontario Institute of Technology).

Secondly, I would like to pay my application fees now, please what's the most recent conversion rate of CAD to Naira: i want to pay 145 CAD for Western ontario, 100 for Manitoba and 100CAD for Ontario Institute of Technology.... And what do i do about payment of 145 CAD it's more than 100 USD, how can i do that payment. The deadline is very fast approaching

Please help oooo.

Thanks Gurus
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mrchemist(m): 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hey Gurus. My friend is a graduate of information scinence in polytechnic. Want to study nursing in Canada in college. Please what steps needed and hope its possible .
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by uso84: 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
1sugar:
sure I can.. .mine expires Sept 2018 n I jst submitted it at Immigration Abuja for renewal.my capture is 2mor...am going 4 a 2 yr prog...all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rallymento(m): 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello Family...

Good news to me... I was denied based on

1) No travel History

2) Family ties in Canada and Country of residence

3) Purpose of Visit....

Let's keep the hustle real....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
Arcayo:

you have done your part bro... when you look at it in another perspective you are not the only one on this forum, the guy picked you out of the gurus in the house for reasons best known to him/her maybe for your good advise/analysis of applications..... paying an agent to finish the job might not be his/her decisions might be parent or sponsors funding the application/education.
continue with your good work bro you dont know who might help you with soft landing in Canada/US/AUS in the nearest future wink wink
baba... tuwaleee for you...happy new year...longest time...your advise na elderly one bro.. if @bold above happens to be so,I calm my nerves as earlier propelled my the incident.

I humbly remain *TRV Doctor*

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.