Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908183 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 11:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
idogbo:
please house I was recently denied admission to university of waterloo with a cgpa of 3.53, can anyone suggest other universities that are less competitive and sure of securing a masters admission, to all the gurus in the house please help a brother.....thesoj and co....thanks

Course?
Are you sure you SOP was scintillating?
Did you get recommendation letter from your UG supervisor?
Does your course require supervisor? If yes, did you secure at least one before applying?

In essence, beyond the low GP, you need to review every document you submitted for the app. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 11:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
almeida3:
I sent you a PM

Replied. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 11:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
justicia:
Hi all. it's good to be here again. How is everyone doing. Canada is good. Rounding up my Masters at York Uni, prepn to apply for PGWP and looking at FSWP too. I have a small issue: a friend applied for study permit for his brother using paper route and it's 6 months now, no medicals, nothing. Is this the situation generally or we need to take steps. He has sent them Case Specific Enquiry though...

Welcome. Wish you success in your next endeavor.
How is York uni for your course?
We have heard of cases like your friends brother in the house and what they are advised to do is what he has done. You can add faith that it will end with praises to the procedure.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
mcjamin:
Good evening Gurus in the house.
I'm trying to gather my documents for the TRV application. My sponsor is my uncle, we bear the same surname. He's a registered nurse in the US. please what are the documents I can request from him that will proof our connection together to the VO. we've not seen in a very long time so, I don't have a picture we took together.

Thank yo for your response.

Proof of relationship should be hard since you share surname.

You Dad pic with him may help. I am not sure.

Transfer of money to your account may help too. Not sure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
thesoj:
Application update for a family friend that I helped with his TRV app.

Program: Advanced Diploma* Interaction Design & Development
Prior Education: BSc Mass Comm
Online route. Upfront medicals.
Submitted October 7, 2016
Passport Request: January 18, 2017
Passport Submitted: January 19, 1017
Approval Notice: January 23, 2017
babaaaaaaaaaa....tuwale for you...i raise my hands up for you even leg join..
the key areas were adequately dealt with: purpose of visit,funds and personal asset&finances. Very crucial and involves application of meticulousness in every TRV application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by idogbo(m): 12:01am On Jan 24, 2017
Osemigho:

Course?
Are you sure you SOP was scintillating?
Did you get recommendation letter from your UG supervisor?
Does your course require supervisor? If yes, did you secure at least one before applying?

In essence, beyond the low GP, you need to review every document you submitted for the app. Thank you.
my course doesn't require securing a supervisor, I actually applied for masters in engineering in the dept of electrical nd computer engineering... I submitted my CV, 2 academic references from my university, and also a supplementary form...so what do you think and also what do you suggest?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 24, 2017
idogbo:

my course doesn't require securing a supervisor, I actually applied for masters in engineering in the dept of electrical nd computer engineering... I submitted my CV, 2 academic references from my university, and also a supplementary form...so what do you think and also what do you suggest?
how detailed,professional and motivational was your ''letter of motivation'' for the program,MEng?it goes a long way in your application for admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oscarrito(m): 1:29am On Jan 24, 2017
Good morning house, I have my application denied for just two reasons. 1 that I don't have sufficient and available financial resources to pay tuition fee and 2. the usual excuse of purpose of visit. how best do I tackle this issue.

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 1:40am On Jan 24, 2017
oscarrito:
Good morning house, I have my application denied for just two reasons. 1 that I don't have sufficient and available financial resources to pay tuition fee and 2. the usual excuse of purpose of visit. how best do I tackle this issue.

Regards

So sorry. Can you please share ur documents so the gurus can help look into your matter for help.

God will do it for you next time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by idogbo(m): 6:19am On Jan 24, 2017
michV:
how detailed,professional and motivational was your ''letter of motivation'' for the program,MEng?it goes a long way in your application for admission.
it was good to some extent, but I feel my Cgpa was a bit low, do you have other uni you can recommend with such CGPA and gain admission into Meng program so I can apply immediately without delay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 6:33am On Jan 24, 2017
oscarrito:

Regards
Sorry for the delay, kindly share ur documents in detail so that suggestion can b made. Try to order for ur GCMS file before you fire back.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:21am On Jan 24, 2017
idogbo:
it was good to some extent, but I feel my Cgpa was a bit low, do you have other uni you can recommend with such CGPA and gain admission into Meng program so I can apply immediately without delay

The question was not directed to me. But I can contribute.

What's your UG GP for last two years of study?

Anyways, you can Google universitystudy for a website that can list all schools offering your course and check them one by one. If the name doesn't sound familiar, it is probably low ranked. However, you should confirm the rank on Google cos I don't know how vast your knowledge about universities in Canada is. Good luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by RAY12345(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2017
Osemigho:

This is the disappointment people get when they later realise the milk and honey isn't flowing per say cos you will still have to go for it competitively, although it exist.

like u said, it exist. then with hard work and optimism, impossibility is nothing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 9:14am On Jan 24, 2017
Riddeek:

Cool! Which program and course?
computer science
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by idogbo(m): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2017
Osemigho:

The question was not directed to me. But I can contribute.

What's your UG GP for last two years of study?

Anyways, you can Google universitystudy for a website that can list all schools offering your course and check them one by one. If the name doesn't sound familiar, it is probably low ranked. However, you should confirm the rank on Google cos I don't know how vast your knowledge about universities in Canada is. Good luck!
my UG GP for my last two years 3.533 and 4.051, when u sum them up and divide by 2 it will be 3.80..what's your take on it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by QuantumMove01: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2017
thesoj:
Application update for a family friend that I helped with his TRV app.

Program: Advanced Diploma* Interaction Design & Development
Prior Education: BSc Mass Comm
Online route. Upfront medicals.
Submitted October 7, 2016
Passport Request: January 18, 2017
Passport Submitted: January 19, 1017
Approval Notice: January 23, 2017

Congrats sir!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cube2nerdy: 9:50am On Jan 24, 2017
Hello y'all.
I applied for study permit visa to Canada on Oct 26, 2016 online. Did biometics Nov 9 or thereabout and got medical mail Jan 17.

The thing is I did medical upfront at Prime Medical Consultants Sept 15 in Port Harcourt but somehow my sis (in Canada) missed uploading the medical sheet when submitting my application. I went back to the said hospital last two wks thursday. I later got to know they forwarded my results the following sunday. My account still hasnt been updated yet. I was even at d hospital last friday and they claimed to have sent my results still. My sis has also sent an inquiry to cic online on that (last thursday).

Pls good people what do I do? Has there been a slightly similar case like mine that I could learn from?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oyemat123(m): 10:13am On Jan 24, 2017
Oyemat123:
Good evening house, please i want some clarification as i am scared. I applied since october 2 but no medicals yet so i messaged the embassy about the delay only for them to reply me that i should confirm that i ticked my youngest sister accompanying me and if true i shpould give reasons why; i was shocked , only for me to check the imm file and confirmed it was true i did that in error.
i sent a mail apologizing for the error.
i want to ask would that count against me . Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 10:36am On Jan 24, 2017
cube2nerdy:
Hello y'all.
I applied for study permit visa to Canada on Oct 26, 2016 online. Did biometics Nov 9 or thereabout and got medical mail Jan 17.

The thing is I did medical upfront at Prime Medical Consultants Sept 15 in Port Harcourt but somehow my sis (in Canada) missed uploading the medical sheet when submitting my application. I went back to the said hospital last two wks thursday. I later got to know they forwarded my results the following sunday. My account still hasnt been updated yet. I was even at d hospital last friday and they claimed to have sent my results still. My sis has also sent an inquiry to cic online on that (last thursday).

Pls good people what do I do? Has there been a slightly similar case like mine that I could learn from?

The hospital might have sent it but you have to send the embassy the UMI number on the Upfront medical sheet via email so they can access it and update your medicals.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 10:56am On Jan 24, 2017
mcjamin:
Good evening Gurus in the house.
I'm trying to gather my documents for the TRV application. My sponsor is my uncle, we bear the same surname. He's a registered nurse in the US. please what are the documents I can request from him that will proof our connection together to the VO. we've not seen in a very long time so, I don't have a picture we took together.

Thank yo for your response.
Since you both bear the same surname, i'm assuming he is your paternal uncle.
In such case, you need your birth certificate, his birth certificate and your father's birth certificate showing the same parents and surname.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yorex2011: 11:03am On Jan 24, 2017
Western ontario, University of Alberta , Carleton and Concordia...Please is anyone attending any of these schools, or knows someone who knows someone that is attending any of these schools..
Want to start and complete these applications within the next two weeks

abeg, Edakun epp me cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 11:25am On Jan 24, 2017
cube2nerdy:
Hello y'all.

You should contact the hospital again and tell/show them the medical doc CIC sent to you so that they forward your medical result using the UMI( Unique medical identifier)in the email.
The missed sheet caused the situation because as at the time you do an upfront medical, the hospital will generate a UMI number(usually on the upfront sheet) and later forward your result using this number for CIC to locate it in their database.
But now that CIC have sent you a medical mail and the upfront sheet wasn't uploaded, they apparently could not locate your result and have generated a UMI number for you other than the one the hospital generated.
So quickly contact the hospital showing them the doc from CIC and they will send your result using the UMI from CIC.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cube2nerdy: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2017
CarpricornPratt:

The hospital might have sent it but you have to send the embassy the UMI number on the Upfront medical sheet via email so they can access it and update your medicals.

Ok thanks a lot. I guess I should contact the hospital for the UMI number then.
Pls could you provide me with the exact mail I could send the number to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cube2nerdy: 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
Austinpee4:

You should contact the hospital again and tell/show them the medical doc CIC sent to you so that they forward your medical result using the UMI( Unique medical identifier)in the email.
The missed sheet caused the situation because as at the time you do an upfront medical, the hospital will generate a UMI number and later forward your result using this number for CIC to locate it in their database.
But now that CIC have sent you a medical mail and the upfront sheet wasn't uploaded, they apparently could not locate your result and have generated a UMI number for you other than the one the hospital generated.
So quickly contact the hospital showing them the doc from CIC and they will send your result using the UMI from CIC.

Thanks. I appreciate the details.
I actually went to the hospital with the printed doc from CIC. In fact the hospital also demanded for it. I believe it was needed and used in resending my result...but I didnt see this UMI number on the doc. What I saw was UCI and IME numbers aside my phone number and application number
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emmy4Gold: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
Good afternoon to everyone, @ Osemigho and other gurus in the house, my application at UBC is under review, i uploaded my transcript while submitting my documents. According to the school's website, uploaded transcript are regarded as unofficial. it is advisable for me to send official transcript ( i.e send by mailing it directly from my previous school to UBC) when the admission decision has not been made. . And i could read this on the school's website that official transcript has to be submitted before admission offer will be made. Do you advice me to send my official transcript to them when admission decision is yet to be made. Thanks, ur reply will be highly appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello house
I can't help but wonder the kind of queuing system the Canadian embassy use, how can an application stay over 4 months + and the response you get is your application is still on queue when earlier application decision have been made.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2017
cube2nerdy:

Thanks. I appreciate the details.
I actually went to the hospital with the printed doc from CIC. In fact the hospital also demanded for it. I believe it was needed and used in resending my result...but I didnt see this UMI number on the doc.What I saw was UCI and IME numbers aside my phone number and application number
The hospital will understand how to use those information to get your result to CIC. That shouldn't bother you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yorex2011: 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
MEng or MSc. Can someone give me the pros and cons of each as to how it affects one's admission and visa chances. I seem to be in a little fix.

Cos I'm tending towards Msc because of funding....

Please I need some clarifications, anyone..??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yorex2011: 12:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
All these schools sef embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Holyfield1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
Got my documents today at the embassy, VO only complained about Lack of available, I'm applying again by God's grace... Buh how can this be effectively tackled

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.