Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,714 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (907287 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
CannyZionist:
Good day my people. I have been away and glad to be back here.
MichV, Folaroyal, Osemigho, Yemdogg, Mikimiko, Igbouwanile, Austinpee and other members, I greet you all.

@Osemigho, congrats on your admission to UofC (No more 'I am just an admission seeker').
@Igbouwanile, congrats too. TRV is sure for you both... Amen.

I am still very much around, yet to travel with my TRV smiling at me everyday. Summer/spring resumption in view.

@Folaroyal, I will align with you regarding ticket when the time is due.

I wish all admission seekers and TRV hopefuls good news.

amen..

@CannyZionist, thank u very much.. i hail u & every person in de forum for ur immense encouragement afta de outkom of my 1st application

tnkz.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by finebabynoni: 11:24pm On Feb 19, 2017
@ folaroyal thank you for your advice on d family aspect. However, on the education & work experience, I was trying to say that with my undergraduate degree in philosophy + 10yrs banking experience, will the VO buy my choice of program being masters of public policy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by DatechMan(m): 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
Osemigho:

Ok. Close with thank you and salutation. Remove the faith aspect, You don't know who you are dealing with.

Personalise and send to many in different schools. You may need to resend around July against fall 2018.

Comment when you see this. We need to modify and delete to avoid plagiarism.

I comment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by DatechMan(m): 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=Nony1 post=53859938][/quote]
Kindly Modify
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
finebabynoni:
@ folaroyal thank you for your advice on d family aspect. However, on the education & work experience, I was trying to say that with my undergraduate degree in philosophy + 10yrs banking experience, will the VO buy my choice of program being masters of public policy.
Pls go through the response again... The VO aspect was more spoken about than dat of the family!
You are struggling with 3 uniquely different majors.... UG/work experience/proposed program... I have offered my best advise in that regard. I have also put myself in the VOs seat to give my observations.... It's good that you critic your intentions before you embark on them....

Pls allow me to say again that, when it concerns Canada studies........ Your proposed program MUST be in tandem with either your UG (if still within a reasonable period) or years of work experience (of which this course counts more for you - 10 years)
Back to your question @ will the VO buy my choice of program being masters of public policy.... My personal answer is No and i stand to be corrected.
Retards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 11:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
Osemigho:
Dear Mr. .....,
Congratulations! You have been offered admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Calgary. Your official Offer of Admission is attached; please read it carefully.
Please verify that your address, name and birthdate are correct. A hard copy of this letter will be couriered to you once you confirm this information. Please also provide a contact phone number for the courier document.

Thank you for choosing the University of Calgary.

First Good news in. Crying!!

Congrat Bro...Success in ur endeavours
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Flawless1988: 1:37am On Feb 20, 2017
matic12:

I applied to University of Manitoba.. what course did you study in your undergraduate?
Medicine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dokkitaa(m): 2:17am On Feb 20, 2017
I intend to apply for a PhD in Toxicology. I contacted a supervisor who asked me to apply showing interest in my profile
BSc Biochemistry 4.6/7.0-2/1
Msc Toxicology 5.0/7.0
There is funding attached to the course even at Masters level and there is no limited time to apply for the course. You can apply anytime.
My question is considering the rate of competition in universities in Canada, will I be considered even the supervisor has granted me a go ahead, they required a 70% cgpa system in the school although I don't know the rank I would be in their system. However my question is would it not be best if I would opt for another Masters by research in the same course where I would have upper hand in the process than pursuing a PhD which would be extra competitive.

What would you suggest house especially from our experience friends before I apply?

Thank you.
Cc: Osemaghio
Cc:mirhv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by almeida3: 3:35am On Feb 20, 2017
Osemigho:
Dear Mr. .....,
Congratulations! You have been offered admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Calgary. Your official Offer of Admission is attached; please read it carefully.
Please verify that your address, name and birthdate are correct. A hard copy of this letter will be couriered to you once you confirm this information. Please also provide a contact phone number for the courier document.

Thank you for choosing the University of Calgary.

First Good news in. Crying!!
Big congrats bro!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by LMay(f): 3:56am On Feb 20, 2017
What school please?

dokkitaa:
I intend to apply for a PhD in Toxicology. I contacted a supervisor who asked me to apply showing interest in my profile
Msc Toxicology 5.0/7.0
There is funding attached to the course even at Masters level and there is no limited time to apply for the course. You can apply anytime.
My question is considering the rate of competition in universities in Canada, will I be considered even the supervisor has granted me a go ahead, they required a 70% cgpa system in the school although I don't know the rank I would be in their system. However my question is would it not be best if I would opt for another Masters by research in the same course where I would have upper hand in the process than pursuing a PhD which would be extra competitive.

What would you suggest house especially from our experience friends before I apply?

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 20, 2017
Hello house,
Please permit me ask, what's the best way to tackle employment/activity history in a trv application?
I am presently underemployed...finished 2013, did EHORECON 2014, did HSE 2015 and 2016. When it comes to the IMM1294E form....am quite confused on how to tackle this part.
@folaroyal, @michV ,Osemigho et al.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 20, 2017
IHate9ja1:
Hello house,
Please permit me ask, what's the best way to tackle employment/activity history in a trv application?
I am presently underemployed...finished 2013, did EHORECON 2014, did HSE 2015 and 2016. When it comes to the IMM1294E form....am quite confused on how to tackle this part.
@folaroyal, @michV ,Osemigho et al.
IHate9ja1.... Hnnmm dat name... Ok ooo..
Meanwhile in case you want contributions, kindly break all these your EHORECON/HSE/IMM etc into smaller parts... we most likely will understand it better in English language grin... Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 8:26am On Feb 20, 2017
dokkitaa:
Msc Toxicology 5.0/7.0

Thank you.

@dorkkita....Morning to you. You stated that a supervisor has shown interest in your profile and told you to go ahead to apply with funding attached, so why are you talking abt anoda Masters. I believe the Prof has seen what he needed in you. In my own opinion you should apply for your PhD and start working towards your TRV docs. Forward ever backward never
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 8:54am On Feb 20, 2017
Osemigho:

Lol. Welcome. profile updated to I am just an accepted student yet to apply for visa. cool

Wish us all the best. It will end with praises.

That's the spirit baba. All the best in TRV application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 8:56am On Feb 20, 2017
michV:
babe i greet you wella .base on logistics you are highly welcome

Yeah bro, you are highly sighted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 20, 2017
wealth360:

@dorkkita....Morning to you. You stated that a supervisor has shown interest in your profile and told you to go ahead to apply with funding attached, so why are you talking abt anoda Masters. I believe the Prof has seen what he needed in you. In my own opinion you should apply for your PhD and start working towards your TRV docs. Forward ever backward never
I wonder why the scare ooo..!!!
He should know better that Toxicology is not bread and beans .... When they gave you an offer to apply and you are still in doubt ?? Abi he thinks MSc will give him a better chance than PHd ni... Abeg you don't need advise... Just action!.
Good luck @ dorkkita
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BOSCO123(m): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2017
Good Morning Everyone .Please i have a small issue ,i applied for a master degree in university of Ottawa and I have submitted all the requirement except my transcript ,which my school (Uniben) is still processing and will send it by courier to u of Ottawa ,but the deadline to submit all my document ,is March 1st for fall, which I applied for .My fear now is ,if u of Ottawa don't get my transcript ,before the deadline ,they might not process my application .What can I do to avoid this .My school is still processing my transcript.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ademcoboy(m): 9:06am On Feb 20, 2017
Hello gurus on the platform.
I have some questions about Medical exam
How much does the medical exam cost?.
Is upfront medical advisable?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BOSCO123(m): 9:10am On Feb 20, 2017
nelly28:

Congrat Bro...Success in ur endeavours

I am happy for you ,congrat ,By God Grace ,my will come .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 9:18am On Feb 20, 2017
BOSCO123:
Good Morning Everyone .Please i have a small issue ,i applied for a master degree in university of Ottawa and I have submitted all the requirement except my transcript ,which my school (Uniben) is still processing and will send it by courier to u of Ottawa ,but the deadline to submit all my document ,is March 1st for fall, which I applied for .My fear now is ,if u of Ottawa don't get my transcript ,before the deadline ,they might not process my application .What can I do to avoid this .My school is still processing my transcript.

Send a mail to University of Ottawa informing them in the delay of transcript.

And try and fast track tge transcript processing and send via DHL. It ll get to Canada in 5 days.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:29am On Feb 20, 2017
Did UofOttawa not request for un-official copy of your transcript? if no, try to speed up things in your school. you still have from now till next Wednesday to submit. if your transcript can be handed to courier before on 0r before wednesday 22-02-17, be sure it will get to Canada before the deadline. But if your school delay the sending till friday, the package will not leave nigeria until monday 27-02-17 (universal parcel service esp benin branch does not ship parcels on weekends.) and if the shipping starts on monday, even if the deadline reaches before your transcript gets there, your file will still be treated. you may just have to send an E-mail to the admission office quoting your tracking number and telling him/her about the delay.
BOSCO123:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 20, 2017
Abiodunne:
Please how do i get to Qlife family clinic from Ajah? I need directions urgently. Thanks
Find your way to eko hotel roundabout, from there ask around for a keke to the clinic.. .it's a walking distance from the roundabout though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by olatuns2016: 9:34am On Feb 20, 2017
Good morning house....
At gurus....@osemigho @igbouwanile @mikimiko
Pls kinly help out ....I intend to seek admission into university in canada...
My UC is econs with a cgpa of 3.46 n 4 yrs work experience in finance.
Pls kindly suggest school that can accept 2.2 for mba or economics...
I think I can also go 4 a course in finance because of my experience n UC study?? ?what do u guys tink?
Pls urgent response ....

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 9:42am On Feb 20, 2017
BOSCO123:

Bro put ur fear to work, go bck to school and disturb dem on it, mostly ur department, u can even write a letter to ur head of dept regarding d tight corner, so as to help speed d process and so as to compare ur score on time and forward to exams and record, dere some people I would 've ask u to meet at ER, but I don't 've dere contact anymore, so jst tidy d work from ur dept. Success
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 20, 2017
Folaroyal:

IHate9ja1.... Hnnmm dat name... Ok ooo..
Meanwhile in case you want contributions, kindly break all these your EHORECON/HSE/IMM etc into smaller parts... we most likely will understand it better in English language grin... Thank you.

Environmental health officers registration council of Nigeria (Ehorecon) council exam, Health safety and environment training @ the Institute of Safety Professionals Nigerian {HSE}, IMM1294E form is the study permit form made outside canada!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 20, 2017
IHate9ja1:

Environmental health officers registration council of Nigeria (Ehorecon) council exam, Health safety and environment training @ the Institute of Safety Professionals Nigerian {HSE}, IMM1294E form is the study permit form made outside canada!
.finished 2013, did EHORECON 2014, did HSE 2015 and 2016
Well... I cant even see your NYSC reflecting anywhere in all of this if you finished 2013..... Moreso, the certifications have spoken for the gap you intend to cover... isn't?
What is your proposed program?... I hope all these trainings/certifications are in line? Cos if not... Hnmmm!! Remember it affected someone..
Then.... Try and make your application Vs supporting documents as clear as most possible... Cos if its not clear to you or me...a VO will struggle to understand.
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 20, 2017
I bet she's not a Bsc nurse.
michV:
a good SOP always salvage situations for those going for diploma/PGD in Nursing programs in Canada. a female friend of mine was successful in just one attempt for a diploma in Nursing..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 11:23am On Feb 20, 2017
Folaroyal:

.finished 2013, did EHORECON 2014, did HSE 2015 and 2016
Well... I cant even see your NYSC reflecting anywhere in all of this if you finished 2013..... Moreso, the certifications have spoken for the gap you intend to cover... isn't?
What is your proposed program?... I hope all these trainings/certifications are in line? Cos if not... Hnmmm!! Remember it affected someone..
Then.... Try and make your application Vs supporting documents as clear as most possible... Cos if its not clear to you or me...a VO will struggle to understand.
Regards.

Folaroyal kindly oblige me with ur digits.....I need your expert opinion on something. I always appreciate your candour.

Do you still have my email address....or should mail you instead?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by doubleportion: 11:25am On Feb 20, 2017
Hello everyone, pls what are the chances for HND holder in admission for MSC programme in Canada, does he has to do his PGD here in Ninja or is there other equivalent programme over there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackanada(m): 11:31am On Feb 20, 2017
Hello house, I've been following this thread for a while now but this is my first time posting.

I have a questions

I was granted a full funded admission to study in Canada, and my sister is also awaiting admission. My dads closing SOA will be enough to cover my sisters tuition and living expenses, but I read in this forum that even if you have full funding you need to present SOA. So I'm a little bit worried that if I use my dads SOA, it will affect my sisters application.

I need help with this!

If we both apply, with the same SOA, will they somehow link up our both applications? Will my dad be required to declare all his children and that he's sponsoring both of us (even though I am fully funded)?

Since I've gotten my admission early, I'm considering applying with my dad's current SOA (₦3mil) plus my full funding. And probably like by june my dad will add extra money to the account and make an SOA (closing ₦6mil) and we'll apply for my sister.

Will this be okay?

Please I need urgent guidance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 20, 2017
yemdogg:

Folaroyal kindly oblige me with ur digits.....I need your expert opinion on something. I always appreciate your candour.

Do you still have my email address....or should mail you instead?
Pls send email.
Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.