Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:19 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (902353 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2016
Thanks for sharing. I just read it. It is stunning that Ifeanyi Ubah, a wealthy [kleptomaniac] Nigerian that can afford the best attorneys, would put together such a foolish and unsubstantiable defense to CIC. His appeal to CIC, and even the initial application, both reek of idiocy. No wonder CIC rejects so many of our applications.
lawmerchant:
Even the richest of the rich in Nigeria wants to migrate to Canada.

Ifeanyi Ubah vs Citizenship and Immigration Canada
http://canlii.ca/t/ft9c9

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
Good afternoon everyone.

I am new in this thread.

I will apply for Msc in geology next month in two Canadian universities.

1. University of western Ontario
2. University of Manitoba.

Gp of last 2years in the university = 3.72
Fcgpa = 3.55

I will really appreciate any advice on how to get admission in at least one of these universities because I have that feeling that my GP is very low and need to get Advantage in other areas used in giving admission .

May God bless you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sleekysoft(m): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
WAS it via paper route

Ngezee:

applied on 14th June with Upfront medicals and police clearance of 2weeks before
got approval on 19th August
TRV dispatched from Accra on 24th August
collected TRV on 29th august
Program starts 7th September
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mcowubaba: 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
Basalt:
Good afternoon everyone.

I am new in this thread.

I will apply for Msc in geology next month in two Canadian universities.

1. University of western Ontario
2. University of Manitoba.

Gp of last 2years in the university = 3.72
Fcgpa = 3.55

I will really appreciate any advice on how to get admission in at least one of these universities because I have that feeling that my GP is very low and need to get Advantage in other areas used in giving admission .

May God bless you all

Firstly your CGPA is not low, it's okay

Secondly what type of Masters degree are you applying for (course based or Thesis) ??

Thridly, did you meet the other requirements for international Graduate studies in the Universities you intend applying to ?? Check their international Graduate students page

Hope you know that Applying in this two Universities will require you to pay 100$ non refundable application fee twice (that's 200$= #47,574) check current exchange rates at www.xe.com
In your application process, I think you will be required to write about your skills, academic experience, reasons of selecting the department, what you intend to achieve with the qualifications you will get if given admission, these are called STATEMENT OF PURPOSE, make sure you submit a wonderful statement of purpose, there are guidelines for writing this, check
https://www.google.com.ng/search?site=&source=hp&ei=-abFV46CEsH7UoeCnsgH&q=how+to+write+statement+of+purpose&oq=How&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.35i39k1j0i67k1l4.1616.2242.0.3444.6.6.0.1.1.0.428.1139.3-2j1.3.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-hp..2.4.1187.3.m_pjBDOx_kk

Now depending on the type of Masters degree you're applying for, that will determine my next advise to you....
Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by OtunbaJega: 4:29pm On Aug 30, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Secondly what type of Masters degree are you applying for (course based or Thesis) ??

Thridly, did you meet the other requirements for international Graduate studies in the Universities you applied for ??

Hope you know that Applying in this two Universities will require you to pay 100$ non refundable application fee twice (that's 200$= #47,574) check current exchange rates at xe.com
In your application process, I think you will be required to write about your skills, academic experience, reasons of selecting the department, what you intend to achieve with the qualifications you will get if given admission, these are called STATEMENT OF PURPOSE, make sure you submit a wonderful statement of purpose, their are guidelines for writing this, check google.com/howtowriteststatementofpurpose

Now depending on the type of Masters degree you're applying for, that will determine my next advise to you....
Shalom

I don't know about UWO, but that GPA is a little bit low for UofM... But you should give it your best shot... I have seen people with lower GPA get admission... You might be lucky if you dig it hard
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mcowubaba: 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
OtunbaJega:

I don't know about UWO, but that GPA is a little bit low for UofM... But you should give it your best shot... I have seen people with lower GPA get admission... You might be lucky if you dig it hard
Thanks, but I'm advising someone, I'm not the person involved cool
I think you will be in a better position to advise Basalt seems you stay in Manitoba, and probably went/going to UofM or Saskatchewan University
The type of Masters degree will strongly determine his acceptance, that's why I'm asking him (course based or Thesis)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ngezee(m): 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2016
sleekysoft:
WAS it via paper route

yes, paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sleekysoft(m): 4:54pm On Aug 30, 2016
i don write you please reply for me to proceed
Ngezee:

yes, paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Thridly, did you meet the other requirements for international Graduate studies in the Universities you intend applying to ?? Check their international Graduate students page

Hope you know that Applying in this two Universities will require you to pay 100$ non refundable application fee twice (that's 200$= #47,574) check current exchange rates at www.xe.com
In your application process, I think you will be required to write about your skills, academic experience, reasons of selecting the department, what you intend to achieve with the qualifications you will get if given admission, these are called STATEMENT OF PURPOSE, make sure you submit a wonderful statement of purpose, there are guidelines for writing this, check
https://www.google.com.ng/search?site=&source=hp&ei=-abFV46CEsH7UoeCnsgH&q=how+to+write+statement+of+purpose&oq=How&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.35i39k1j0i67k1l4.1616.2242.0.3444.6.6.0.1.1.0.428.1139.3-2j1.3.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-hp..2.4.1187.3.m_pjBDOx_kk

Shalom

Thanks so much for your wonderful response.

I intend to apply for
Msc (course based) University of western Ontario
Msc (thesis based) university of Manitoba.

Sir, you asked if I meet the other requirements for international Graduate studies in the Universities you intend applying to ?

I don't think there is other requirements I don't meet
My highest fear is My GP.

manitoba mentioned 3.0 out of 4.5
If you convert my GP from 5point scale to 4.5point scale, you will get 3.35 which is a little bit higher than the minimum requirement of 3.0.

Secondly University of western Ontario demands at least 75% in that specific course I am applying for.
But general faculty minimum Gp is 70%

If you change my GP to percentages, you will get exactly
74.4% which is 0.6 lower than the minimum requirement for the specific course.

Now the confusion is this

I mailed the two universities and this is the response I got. From the below response from the two universities, it means that my GP will still be converted to Canadian grade before admission is considered.
GP wey low, na em dey wan convert to Canadian based grade.

University of western Ontario
Dear Basalt,

Thank-you for your interest in our course-based MSc program!

Western's School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS; grad.uwo.ca) will evaluate your transcript and convert your grades to the Canadian grade scale. If your grades are equivalent to approximately 75% on the Canadian grade scale your application will be reviewed by the Earth Science Graduate Admissions committee. Please note that admission into the program is quite competitive, and we usually receive more applications than we have available spots. Apart from grades, admission decisions also consider the strength of the applicant's Letter of Intent and their reference letters. Your grades are a little on the low side, but if you can secure a faculty member (http://www.uwo.ca/earth/people/faculty/index.html) who is willing to supervise you and advocate for your admittance into the course-based MSc program then it is possible that you may be accepted. It really depends on how many people apply and how you rank among the other applicants, and if there's a faculty member who wants to take you on as their student.

Best wishes,

Jen

-- 
Jennifer Heidenheim
Academic Program Coordinator
Dept. Earth Sciences
Western University
(519) 661-2111 ext. 84523
jheidenh@uwo.ca

MANITOBA

Good day,

Thank you for your email, and interest in the University of Manitoba. Please read and click on the following links to obtain additional information.

**Please be advised that the Faculty of Graduate Studies Office does not Pre Asses any documents, grades or transcripts before the application is completed, submitted and payment is made.

Unfortunately the Faculty of Graduate Studies is not able to find supervisors for students.

Please be advised you will need to contact the Department to which you are wishing to apply for, to determine their process in locating a supervisor.

A full list of available programs can be found on our website, www.umanitoba.ca/graduate_studies/programs

**You can apply online please see, http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/index.html

***It is important to contact the Department directly to find out information such as program information, late applications, courses, GMAT, application deadlines, required documents, and program start dates.

Faculty of Graduate Studies minimum requirements can be found on our website, http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/min_requirements.html

All International students must complete an English Language Test, unless they have a degree in Canada or the United States, or one of the countries listed on our exemption list, http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/english_exemption_list.html

English Language Test minimum requirements can be found on our website, http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/139.html

Information on Graduate Studies fees can be found on our website, http://umanitoba.ca/student/records/fees/1031.html

Information on funding and awards can be found on our website, http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/funding/index.html

After reviewing the above websites, and contacting the Department should you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Graduate Studies Office

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lanrayx: 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
really good to be here, it was in part 10 one nice person told me one could pay school fees using a form A, and as for how long I would take I don't know..... also I asked how funds are transfered(how do someone there receive money and how does he send money back home) nobody could answer hopefully part 11 would be able to so that my phobia would be quenched thanks in advance.. if anyone cares to even Answer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2016
OtunbaJega:

Thanks my boss.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chars1289: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
Topples:
Bro thanks for this opportunity been looking fow someone to talk to abt edmonton for a while now, By Gods grace i plan on entering edmonton by january. Can i pm u so we can talk more??
Absolutely.Email me anytime and i will reply at convenience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ed321: 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2016
Gurus in the house please I need your help in reviewing my SOP...Biko help a brother cry cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by guzan: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hello House,

I studied civil engineering and and i want to go in for PGD in construction management.

Lately, somethings have been bothering my mind concerning my application which i am about to put forward for TRV and i need advise from the gurus in the house.

- I have have about 7 years in working experience. Of these 7 Years, i have worked in the financial sector and not in the construction industry. How do i prove to the VO that i am really about studying and not just for the Visa? How do i prove the fact that i have not worked in the engineering sector for years and now i want to study construction management.

- My sponsor is my pastor , how do i prove ties in this regard?

Someone please help .

cc: arcayo, justwise, ngezee and all the gurus in the house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ccffwx: 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
I want to study for a PhD in Canada but I don't have the money and there is no sponsor. What can I do? I want to help my family. I finished with a First class degree in English language and literature from NAU and as the Overall Best graduating student of the year and I'm almost done with my Masters in the same course. I want to get a fully funded sponsorship in the same course with emphasis on literature.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
DestinyCHILD1:
Good morning house! Please I need an urgent clarification from you guys.

My brother applied for MSc in Mechanical Engineering in a Canadian University. He contacted a supervisor for his research, the supervisor accepted the request with the condition that my brother will fund his research. He stated clearly in the mail, that he (the supervisor) doesn't have funds for MSc students.

Please can anyone throw more light on this? Is it a good deal? What is the estimate for the research?

Is it a good deal? No it's not because your brother has to pay for everything.

Information about estimated cost of research should be on the school website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by krissein: 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
donotreply@cic.gc.ca......TRV APPROVED/PPR
Details later[/quote]

Arcayo.. Keeper of the records. Not paid but diligently carries out his self imposed duty and to crown it all, the very first pgc/d I have seen since I joined.

Pgc/d applications were written off several times, people gave up hope but your light continued to shine!

Congratulations brother and may God answer our yearnings too.

14 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Iggynasia(f): 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hi Ngezee.. when you leaving for ottawa? #reply pm. Thank you
Ngezee:

applied on 14th June with Upfront medicals and police clearance of 2weeks before
got approval on 19th August
TRV dispatched from Accra on 24th August
collected TRV on 29th august
Program starts 7th September

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Iggynasia(f): 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
Congratulations ARCAYO..... smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2016
Lots of PhD programs in the US* and Canada fully fund (tuition plus monthly stipend) PhD students. Start your research and start emailing professors at schools (both top ranked schools and average ranked schools) in these countries; your email has to be very strategic**. Generally, science & engineering programs are usually more likely to fully fund their PhD students but many (most?) schools also fully fund PhD students in the humanities. I have a friend who did a PhD in literature and she was fully funded for all 5-6 years. You should be able to get full or almost full funding, without needing much from a "sponsor". But you gotta play your cards right and apply to the right schools.

*Considering the US means you'll have to take the GRE and maybe TOEFL, and do very well at both. If you don't want to take these tests, then only focus on Canada. Do keep in mind that exploring the US too provides you with a much wider palette of options (particularly if you can't find funding options in Canada).
**You might wanna consider identifying what topic(s) you would be interested in researching, see this link. Also, spend a lot of time on Google researching admissions and funding for literature PhD programs in Canada (and/or the US).
ccffwx:
I want to study for a PhD in Canada but I don't have the money and there is no sponsor. What can I do? I want to help my family. I finished with a First class degree in English language and literature from NAU and as the Overall Best graduating student of the year and I'm almost done with my Masters in the same course. I want to get a fully funded sponsorship in the same course with emphasis on literature.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by guzan: 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
guzan:
Hello House,

I studied civil engineering and and i want to go in for PGD in construction management.

Lately, somethings have been bothering my mind concerning my application which i am about to put forward for TRV and i need advise from the gurus in the house.

- I have have about 7 years in working experience. Of these 7 Years, i have worked in the financial sector and not in the construction industry. How do i prove to the VO that i am really about studying and not just for the Visa? How do i prove the fact that i have not worked in the engineering sector for years and now i want to study construction management.

Someone please help .

somëone,please help with a response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ethan45(m): 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
@princeade. I see you online Bro. Whats good? grin not heard from you for too long. Hope u've not given up on your dreams. grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by KayPapi: 7:41pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ed321:
Gurus in the house please I need your help in reviewing my SOP...Biko help a brother cry cry

Holla
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ymc007(f): 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
Yesssssss! Praise God for you. MichV don't give up o. Thank God
Arcayo:
Good news I got birthday message from noreply@nairaland.com, friends on Facebook, text messages still coming in and also from almighty donotreply@cic.gc.ca......TRV APPROVED/PPR
Details later

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by TheDreamChaser: 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2016
Arcayo:
Good news I got birthday message from noreply@nairaland.com, friends on Facebook, text messages still coming in and also from almighty donotreply@cic.gc.ca......TRV APPROVED/PPR
Details later

Finally some good news for PGC/PGD applicants after what seems like forever. Congrats Arcayo and go live the Canadian dream!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by princeade09: 7:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ethan45:
@princeade. I see you online Bro. Whats good? grin not heard from you for too long. Hope u've not given up on your dreams. grin grin

Thanks bro God will not forget you, I am good, I can't say I haven't given up, I just don't know next level because the reason for my delay late July was very very confusing

*not satisfied with the affidavit of sponsorship submitted *

I just came to read news this evening, congrats to @arcayo I rejoice with you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
guzan:
Hello House,

Someone please help .

let me be honest, i dont like d way ur app luks, too much gaps. 7 yrs off d profession is alot. pls gurus in d house help needed here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chrissybaybee: 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hi all, please what's IOM's address? And does anyone here know their working hours?
Btw, congrats @arcayo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.