Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! (14462 Views)

Who Can Play Fela Better: Chiwetel Ejiofor Or Dede Mabiaku? / Best Nigerian Actor/actress Ever! - Chiwetel Ejiofor / Chiwetel Ejiofor In Inside Man With Denzel Washington (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! by Eurphoria(f): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2006
I see clearly now. Ok If i was to say to you i have a cousin who has never been to Nigeria, born and bred in Germany what would you call him? he says he is German to me all the time and i never feel he is wrong or should be anything else. His dad may be Nigerian but he clearly does not see himself as a Nigerian. Not from shame or anything just that Germany is all he knows.

I have friends (two sisters)who are white with parents from Canada, they were born and bred in Scotland and call themselves Scottish, not Canadians what do you think
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! by bluenubian(f): 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2006
I won't say its their fault, I would put more blame on their parents, these kids should be raised to realize that even tho they are born in a foreign land, they still have the blood of their anscestors running through their veins, and should remember that, and also show that by their actions and beliefs. They might not be able to speak the language as well as their parents but as long as they realize their faults and at least try. I have cousins born in the US, she still tries hard to learn a lot about nigeria and asks me too many questions. She went to the nigeria reunion with me but I cud tell she didn't have as much fun as I did, this I totally expected cause she dint know the songs, the dance and when we spoke, but what mattered was that she tried and she is so willing to go to the reunion next year, with each year it will get better.

So I don't know why we feel like these stars are betraying Naija. we don't expect them to wear green white green at every interview they have. Yes we see them on TV and we expect them to say something related to "Nigeria" jus to make us feel better and when they don't, we say they have betrayed us. Sad! I think they have tried and can only keep trying.

As for me, the fact that they chose to keep their african name after being popular in hollywood is enough for me.
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2006
bluenubian:

I won't say its their fault, I would put more blame on their parents, these kids should be raised to realize that even tho they are born in a foreign land, they still have the blood of their anscestors running through their veins, and should remember that, and also show that by their actions and beliefs. They might not be able to speak the language as well as their parents but as long as they realize their faults and at least try.

As for me, the fact that they chose to keep their african name after being popular in hollywood is enough for me.

Totally agree. You went for the Reunion in Atlanta??
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2006
Eurphoria. Is your cousin close to his dad? In his situation I dont mind such a person claiming other places, same with Chamillionaire.
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! by Eurphoria(f): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2006
Yes they are close T.O.H .
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! by LondonCool(m): 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2006
And the Winner is , BORAT !!!
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! by Shagari2(m): 2:47am On Dec 24, 2006
bluenubian:

Yeah euphoria,

Its not his fault he was born and raised in the UK, but he never shys away from the fact that he has Nigerian blood. He even has a movie where he played a Nigerian doctor immigrant where had to put on a Nigerian accent. He did a pretty darn good job with the accent for someone that was raised in the UK

I saw that, he was good as usual, didn't have to do much resarch for that role tho, he's father is a Nigerian doctor immigrant in London!
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! by jaybaby(f): 12:42am On Dec 27, 2006
Alo
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! by 9ja4eva: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2007
Who cares abt him anyway?
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! by OlaRay4(m): 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
Wow!!!!!!

At last Nigeria has a talented actor to show the world

We are proud of you!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija: Teddy A 'Welu' Dance Video / 2018 Oscars Winners / Help The Moderator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.