Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Please I Need Enlightenment On Marriage Preparations Of Ibibio - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please I Need Enlightenment On Marriage Preparations Of Ibibio (706 Views)

Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw / #ibibioreceivesudom In Celebration Of Our Captain,the Pride Of Ibibio / The Ancient Ibibio People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Enlightenment On Marriage Preparations Of Ibibio by arterxerxes: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
Please I need your enlightenment about how Ibibio conduct their wedding preparations.
I want to marry an Ibibio girl but she does not know how they conduct their wedding ceremony and how much it might cost, she grew up outside of Akwa Ibom.
I need your help because I want to have a rough estimate about their wedding procedures first before I start. I especially need help on:
- How much is their bride price
- If I pay the bride price, Will I still have to pay for organising the traditional marriage again?
- How much is the price range for the payments?
Thanks in advance.
And please do not tell me to check online because I have done that but could get what I want exactly.
Re: Please I Need Enlightenment On Marriage Preparations Of Ibibio by chocolateme(f): 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2016
So she doesn't have parents or family elders that she can go and consult? Abi everything must come from Nairaland..
Or are yoi not going to get information from her people before going there?
Ok let me list it out..

A cow
An ostrich egg
10 pieces of red clothes
I pigeon
A kolanut
And 3 native fowls..
Hope i helped??

Anyways.. congratulations my brother, he who finds a good wife found a good thing.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Enlightenment On Marriage Preparations Of Ibibio by Lovetinz(m): 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
^^^ I memorised that list.

Uduak, I know you want to run.
Don't. Your Mama must see me this year
Aaaamennn!
(uduak is my Ibibio fiancee)
Re: Please I Need Enlightenment On Marriage Preparations Of Ibibio by arterxerxes: 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2016
chocolateme:
So she doesn't have parents or family elders that she can go and consult? Abi everything must come from Nairaland..
Or are yoi not going to get information from her people before going there?
Ok let me list it out..

A cow
An ostrich egg
10 pieces of red clothes
I pigeon
A kolanut
And 3 native fowls..
Hope i helped??

Anyways.. congratulations my brother, he who finds a good wife found a good thing.
Why are people so childish on Nairaland? In what way have you help now?
If she could have access to the information, must I ask?
I do not post on Culture section, hence, If I ask, it is for a reason.
Re: Please I Need Enlightenment On Marriage Preparations Of Ibibio by chocolateme(f): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
arterxerxes:

Why are people so childish on Nairaland? In what way have you help now?
If she could have access to the information, must I ask?
I do not post on Culture section, hence, If I ask, it is for a reason.
what is childish here is asking for traditional ways of marriage culture of a region which you are fully aware that culture varies and that the best way to get the accurate information is to reach her people and family especially as they may have their way of performing marriage rites. So you already know that people are so childish on Nairaland here and still went ahead to ask your questions.. erm!! I wonder the kind of answer you expect to get from childish people here. Google is your friend not Nairalanders. By the way i apologize for my initial post.
Oya Nairalanders, over to you, help my friend here to get answers.

(1) (Reply)

/ Yoruba Television Station / Pretty Little Fulani Boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.