Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. (9120 Views)

Fashola Inspects 450 MW Azura Independent Power Plant In Benin (Photos) / Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW / Nigeria Can Generate 12,000 MW Of Electricity — Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by aresa: 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
Aug. 16, 2016, 4:55 p.m.

Scatec Solar secures 100 MW Solar Project in Nigeria

Scatec Solar has signed an agreement with CDIL, a Canadian renewable energy development company focused on Africa, and BPS, a Nigerian strategic consulting firm, securing the 100 MW (DC) Nova Scotia Power plant located in Jigawa State, Nigeria. This agreement was announced in connection with Scatec Solar’s second quarter results.

The Nova Scotia project company signed a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc (NBET) last month.

"Solar power in Nigeria has significant long-term potential, and we want to take part in the development of this new market. This investment is the culmination of an extensive review during which the Nova Scotia Power project stood out thanks to its exceptional fundamentals. With the quality of its site, development standards and equity funded by Scatec Solar and its partners, the project is ideally positioned to progress rapidly to financial close” said Raymond Carlsen, CEO of Scatec Solar.

"We recognized the importance of partnering with a sponsor able to bring the project to financial close and with whom we share a long-term vision. We are proud of teaming up with Scatec Solar, who has demonstrated its unique ability to deliver similar projects in Africa”, said Arif Mohiuddin, President and CEO of CPCS, the parent company of CDIL.

A long-term player with an installation track-record of close to 600 MW, Scatec Solar will develop, build, own and operate the solar power plant in Jigawa. The project is expected to reach financial close in 2017 and commercial operations 12 months thereafter.

Currently, Scatec Solar produces electricity from 404 MW of solar power plants worldwide and is a leading independent solar power producer in Africa with nearly half of this capacity located in the region.

www.biztechafrica.com/article/scatec-solar-secures-100-mw-solar-project-nigeria/11650/?country=nigeria

We've almost eradicated our electricity problems in less than 2 years, something the looting and stealing 16 years of PDP couldn't do...

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by AZeD1(m): 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:

We've almost eradicated our electricity problems in less than 2 years, something the looting and stealing 16 years of PDP couldn't do...

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB..
I know you support the APC but almost eradicating our power problems? Seriously?
As a country, we need to be generating at least 50k MW and we have not even gotten to 10MW.

We are moving forward but we are not even close. Easy with the exaggeration.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Raydos: 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
100 what?

1 Like

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by aresa: 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
AZeD1:

I know you support the APC but almost eradicating our power problems? Seriously?
As a country, we need to be generating at least 50k MW and we have not even gotten to 10MW.

We are moving forward but we are not even close. Easy with the exaggeration.

Almost eradicating and Eradicated are 2 different things...

Power supply is stabilizing as we speak

We have 14 new solar power plant coming up

4,000MW Mambilla power plant is coming up

IPPs are going up in Kano, Kaduna and so on

Dangote Gas plant means more than enough Gas for our gas starved power plants

Dangote power plant is set to generate whooping 12,000MW less than 2 years from now

6,000 installed capacity

1,275MW solar

4,000MW Mambilla

12,000MW Dangote

= 25,000MW

We will have steady power supply in less than 4 years..

Yes, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This has nothing to with APC or any political party, this is reality...

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Femich18(m): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
AZeD1:

We are moving forward but we are not even close.
Lol you are right no mind our Fellow APC guy... Its seems Fashola is really trying now unlike some months ago. I believe we ll get there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by AZeD1(m): 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:

Dangote power plant is set to generate whooping 12,000MW less than 2 years from now

6,000 installed capacity

1,275MW solar

4,000MW Mambilla

12,000MW Dangote

= 25,000MW

10000MW installed capacity
Mambilla is at least four years away.

No Nigeria won't have 24 hrs in the next four years. Some states would have though but not the whole country.

2 Likes

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by aresa: 12:00am On Aug 29, 2016
AZeD1:

10000MW installed capacity
Mambilla is at least four years away.

No Nigeria won't have 24 hrs in the next four years. Some states would have though but not the whole country.

Many areas in Nigeria today are already getting close to 18 hours @ less than 5000MW so with additional 12,000MW from Dangote alone in less than 2 ears from now it's safe to conclude that we are almost there..

Correction on my part.

We have 10,396.0 MW installed capacity so adjusting my math means a good forecast for 27,671MW.

Aftet 55 years of failure and 16 years of PDP and stolen $20 billion power funds, we are going to double our installed capacity in less than 4 years..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Turks: 7:45am On Aug 29, 2016
It's about time.
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by investnotspend: 7:45am On Aug 29, 2016
When I said FASHOLA was not here for TEA PARTY , you guys thought I was joking , roads and power to Fashola izz nothing as some artist would say it , just provide fash that cash and he would walk the talk as we have seen in lagos , currently in my house now we now beg them to take the light as we don't have prepaid meter yet so am scared of the bill that will come with it , but we have been assured that we are getting the meter soon has they have come to take counts of how many needed.

Sorry IPOB bad news lol

10 Likes

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Toluwani113: 7:46am On Aug 29, 2016
cry

3 Likes

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 29, 2016
thats for the 'ndi ugwu' and not Nigeria...the most privileged region ravaged by poverty ; ignorance; polio and mass illiteracy
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by free2ryhme: 7:47am On Aug 29, 2016
grin
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by free2ryhme: 7:47am On Aug 29, 2016
cry
angry
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by kingofthejungle(m): 7:48am On Aug 29, 2016
African Hitler keeps on deceiving his fans/zombies
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Agimor(m): 7:48am On Aug 29, 2016
100 mW is too small even a local government in delta state anyway a way to go.
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:

6,000 installed capacity

1,275MW solar

4,000MW Mambilla

12,000MW Dangote

= 25,000MW

BAD NEWS FOR WAILERS !

2 Likes

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by AnusOdourInhaler: 7:52am On Aug 29, 2016
Cool.. Nigeria most progress by force

1 Like

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by RayRed16: 7:53am On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:

6,000 installed capacity

1,275MW solar

4,000MW Mambilla

12,000MW Dangote

= 25,000MW

Areas, I think its wrong to say we've eradicated the power issues....but these ur detailed explanations really gave rise to hope. I really pray they all come to fruition.

3 Likes

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:

Many areas in Nigeria today are already getting close to 18 hours @ less than 5000MW so with additional 12,000MW from Dangote alone in less than 2 ears from now it's safe to conclude that we are almost there..
Correction on my part.
We have 10,396.0 MW installed capacity so adjusting my math means a good forecast for 27,671MW.
Aftet 55 years of failure and 16 years of PDP and stolen $20 billion power funds, we are going to double our installed capacity in less than 4 years..
Precisely Sunday July 17,2016, I enjoyed a 21-hour uninterrupted power supply for the first time in my life here in Sokoto.
As a corp member, I now spend less on Kerosene, those who want to hate and disbelieve can keep on. Nigeria must progress.

3 Likes

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by victorazy(m): 7:56am On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:

www.biztechafrica.com/article/scatec-solar-secures-100-mw-solar-project-nigeria/11650/?country=nigeria

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB..

grin u still dey sleep? grin
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Lekozy(m): 7:57am On Aug 29, 2016
We are just hearing good news all d time but we are not seeing d impact ....I don't even knw wat to beliv again
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by nNEOo(m): 8:07am On Aug 29, 2016
Hmmm OK good.... Let me stop here b4 am bashed
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by OneManLegion(m): 8:20am On Aug 29, 2016
Ariwoko.
Fash is working.
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by adewasco2k(m): 8:23am On Aug 29, 2016
I promised myself not to get cheered up by talks from our government, they come up with very great ideas and plan. In 10years time if this is still not up.... nobody will even talk again.

Imagine the China Yuan and naira deal....I was so happy then but now what?

I pray we get there.
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by allytinted: 8:42am On Aug 29, 2016
All Power Belongs To Fash, Wailers How Far?
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by eraly(m): 8:55am On Aug 29, 2016
allytinted:
[/b]All Power Belongs To Fash[b] , Wailers How Far?

All power belongs to GOD and not fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by netmillionaires(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2016
The only problem I am having now is the non-paying electric service users. How on earth will someone be enjoying a service for over 2 years and not pay. Some local government alone owe PHCN atleast 10 billion in unpaid debt. When I saw d amount being owed by houses in one street alone, I almost fainted. Imagine one house alone owing as much as 600k in unpaid debt... And monthly bill no dey pass 3k to 4k o. And we want uninterrupted power supply. No be money dem dey use provide electricity ni... Thanks to d government for the improvement in power supply. We now have up to 18hours supply daily. We shall get there soon.

1 Like

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by allytinted: 9:06am On Aug 29, 2016
eraly:

All power belongs to GOD and not fashola.
I Never Meant The Type Of Power You Are Thinking......The Last Time I Checked Its Still Called Electric Power, Am I Wrong?
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by eraly(m): 9:11am On Aug 29, 2016
allytinted:

I Never Meant The Type Of Power You Are Thinking......The Last Time I Checked Its Still Called Electric Power, Am I Wrong?

grin cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clark Spills The Beans On What Each Region Contributed To Nigeria. / Breaking News: Emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo Gubernatorial Elections, PDP / Are Nigerian Builders Stupid? Why Can't We Make Houses With Bricks Or Wood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.