Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161226 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:09am On Aug 22, 2017
chinwezdasilva:

At times when the charge is plug to the laptop the screen light will b deemed
does it deem and remain like that?
What do you normally do to bring it back to normal??
What is the brand and model of your system??
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Kbworld: 10:44am On Aug 23, 2017
my hp elitebook 6390p sound has stopped working, I av tried many online solutions from uninstalling drivers, roll back drivers, service menu all to no avail. Any solution will be appreciated its urgent pls
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:10am On Aug 23, 2017
Kbworld:
my hp elitebook 6390p sound has stopped working, I av tried many online solutions from uninstalling drivers, roll back drivers, service menu all to no avail. Any solution will be appreciated its urgent pls
You can try putting it on by pressing the sound button on the multimedia flap.

If that doesn't work, then see a technician who will help you change the speaker or the sound card.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 11:31am On Aug 23, 2017
Kbworld:

Plugin your earpiece and test if it working with earpiece.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Kbworld: 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
udemzyudex:

sometimes it will work with earpiece sometimes it won't.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Kbworld: 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
udemzyudex:

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
Kbworld:
I want to confirm if the fault is from the motherboard.
Change the sound card.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Ayomideen(m): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
my laptop was recently repaired and during repairs it was formatted,the repairer installed Windows 7 ultimate buh it was running on Windows 7 Home basic previously
now after the format,it shows dah the RAM installed is 1.00GB whereas it used to display 2.00GB before the format
and also it was formerly a 64-bit laptop but now it's displaying that it's a 32-bit one
I'm baffled cos I don't think the new windows version should affect those stuffs
any solution please?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ayomideen:
my laptop was recently repaired and during repairs it was formatted,the repairer installed Windows 7 ultimate buh it was running on Windows 7 Home basic previously
now after the format,it shows dah the RAM installed is 1.00GB whereas it used to display 2.00GB before the format
and also it was formerly a 64-bit laptop but now it's displaying that it's a 32-bit one
I'm baffled cos I don't think the new windows version should affect those stuffs
any solution please?

If what you said is correct, then you need to ask the technician if he removed one of the RAM sticks in your motherboard during troubleshooting. Or the Ram was not properly installed in its slot , hence your computer not recognizing it. Installing a fresh operating system doesn't reduce RAM size.
As for the 32-bit operating system you observed , the technician you gave it to installed 32-bit instead of 64-bit windows.
Hence, if you are tech savvy and can locate where your RAM is located in the motherboard of your laptop, check to see the size of the Ram there.
Remember to remove battery and unplug charger when removing and replacing RAM sticks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Ayomideen(m): 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
sotall:

If what you said is correct, then you need to ask the technician if he removed one of the RAM sticks in your motherboard during troubleshooting. Or the Ram was not properly installed in its slot , hence your computer not recognizing it. Installing a fresh operating system doesn't reduce RAM size.
As for the 32-bit operating system you observed , the technician you gave it to installed 32-bit instead of 64-bit windows.
Hence, if you are tech savvy and can locate where your RAM is located in the motherboard of your laptop, check to see the size of the Ram there.
Remember to remove battery and unplug charger when removing and replacing RAM sticks

I thought as much, operating system change shouldn't affect RAM size,was just funnily baffled
I'll have to check the RAM then
thanks alot for your detailed response,I really appreciate it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by valnicholas(f): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
Pls I have same issue with my laptop.when I switch it on,the power light comes on,i hear and feel the sound of the ram/rom/disc(dunno),it runs for some seconds and then stops.
Note:nothing displays on the screen while it is on.its an HP Laptop

Plsssss help
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
valnicholas:
Pls I have same issue with my laptop.when I switch it on,the power light comes on,i hear and feel the sound of the ram/rom/disc(dunno),it runs for some seconds and then stops.
Note:nothing displays on the screen while it is on.its an HP Laptop

Plsssss help
what is the model of your HP?
Let's start from there.

Also, when you switch it on, press the cap lock button on your keyboard and observe if the lights come on and off when you are pressing it.
Let me know of your findings.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by valnicholas(f): 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
sotall:
what is the model of your HP?
Let's start from there.

Also, when you switch it on, press the cap lock button on your keyboard and observe if the lights come on and off when you are pressing it.
Let me know of your findings.

It's an 'Intel' inside pentium sir, and when I turned it on and pressd the caps lock no. Light came out
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kenny1795(m): 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
valnicholas:

It's an 'Intel' inside pentium sir, and when I turned it on and pressd the caps lock no. Light came out
lol
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
valnicholas:

Intel isn't the model number. Check again especially at the back of your laptop.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by valnicholas(f): 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
sotall:

Intel isn't the model number. Check again especially at the back of your laptop.

Lol.. my dear,i taya..the number isn't really clear o..5-d005sia (not so sure about the last two numbers)
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
valnicholas:

Lol.. my dear,i taya..the number isn't really clear o..5-d005sia (not so sure about the last two numbers)
You probably use HP 15.
Since your laptop use an Intel motherboard, caps lock comes on when switched on without coming to the screen, your laptop most likely have a hardware issue.
I advice you visit a technician who will help you remove and replace the Ram stick. Then test to see if it comes to the screen.
You can also remove the Battery and unplug the charger, then press and hold power button for 30 seconds, plug in the charger test if it comes on the screen.

If all these do not work, the motherboard needs to be checked.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by valnicholas(f): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
sotall:
You probably use HP 15.
Since your laptop use an Intel motherboard, caps lock comes on when switched on without coming to the screen, your laptop most likely have a hardware issue.
I advice you visit a technician who will help you remove and replace the Ram stick. Then test to see if it comes to the screen.
You can also remove the Battery and unplug the charger, then press and hold power button for 30 seconds, plug in the charger test if it comes on the screen.

If all these do not work, the motherboard needs to be checked.

I just removed replaced,no difference.. thanks for your response really grateful.. Are you a Lap.Technician and are based in Lagos,if yes kindly drop your number. thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
valnicholas:

I just removed replaced,no difference.. thanks for your response really grateful.. Are you a Lap.Technician and are based in Lagos,if yes kindly drop your number. thanks
08164685979. Computer village ikeja Lagos.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by mcvities(m): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2017
Good day all, Where can I get Asus Laptop X553M keypad and touchpad. How much is both?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by mcvities(m): 9:43am On Aug 26, 2017
Good day all, Where can I get Asus Laptop X553M keypad and touchpad. How much is both?

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:46am On Aug 26, 2017
mcvities:
Good day all,
Where can I get Asus Laptop X553M keypad and touchpad. How much is both?
call or whatsapp 08164685979
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by YmodulusBabe: 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
Engineering in the house......pls help me out urgently!!!!

I left my laptop to charge & not knowing that my little cousin's has went ahead to ON the laptop & started pressing rubbish.

On checking the laptop, i realized that all the window app. files open in only microsoft word instead of their own original app.

I've been trying to correct it since June but still the same issues.

The operating system is window 7

Pls kindly help me out.
Thanks!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
valnicholas:

Did you replace with another RAM, pc3l preferable?

I suspect the processor and if it's an on board processor of which most of them comes with it . Hail Mary mother of jesus.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2017
YmodulusBabe:
Engineering in the house......pls help me out urgently!!!!

I left my laptop to charge & not knowing that my little cousin's has went ahead to ON the laptop & started pressing rubbish.

On checking the laptop, i realized that all the window app. files open in only microsoft word instead of their own original app.

I've been trying to correct it since June but still the same issues.

The operating system is window 7

Pls kindly help me out.
Thanks!

Click on Start Menu
Type regedit in search box

Double click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Double Click on software, then double click on Microsoft, scroll down and double click on Windows.

Double click on current version, double click on Explorer.

Double click on FileExts

Scroll down and look for .lnk extension

Open, right click on userchioce key and delete.

Restart your system.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by YmodulusBabe: 4:26am On Aug 27, 2017
udemzy101:

Click on Start Menu
Type regedit in search box

Double click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Double Click on software, then double click on Microsoft, scroll down and double click on Windows.

Double click on current version, double click on Explorer.

Double click on FileExts

Scroll down and look for .lnk extension

Open, right click on userchioce key and delete.

Restart your system.

I've try several times but still the same issues.
Any others option available
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 27, 2017
YmodulusBabe:

I've try several times but still the same issues. Any others option available
You delete the user choice?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
YmodulusBabe:

I've try several times but still the same issues.
Any others option available

Did you do it correctly? A friend rectified her own using same step.

When you get to FileEsts, search for . lnk ext and delete the .lnk or delete user choice.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Ismaxtr3(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hello, I need help on my laptop. I switched on my acer e1-510 laptop this morning, and after plugging two phones with usb to charge, d laptop suddenly went off in less than 3 minutes and isn't powering-on or charging or showing any light. d laptop x new nd battery was over 70%, what can be wrong to my laptop sir?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ismaxtr3:
Hello, I need help on my laptop. I switched on my acer e1-510 laptop this morning, and after plugging two phones with usb to charge, d laptop suddenly went off in less than 3 minutes and isn't powering-on or charging or showing any light. d laptop x new nd battery was over 70%, what can be wrong to my laptop sir?
weird issue!

Get the battery out and unplug charger. Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds.

Now plug the charger and try powering it on.
If it doesn't come on, your best bet is warranty since the laptop is new.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by obonujoker(m): 12:27am On Aug 31, 2017
Hello... please my HDD light sensor keeps flickering continuously, and it affects the keys on the keyboard, insuch a way that the right arrow keys seems always pressed down....

And if I put the lappy to sleep, it would jerk itself back on, except I hibernate or switch off completely...

Please do you know what the problem can be, or its solution... thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 31, 2017
obonujoker:
Hello... please my HDD light sensor keeps flickering continuously, and it affects the keys on the keyboard, insuch a way that the right arrow keys seems always pressed down....

And if I put the lappy to sleep, it would jerk itself back on, except I hibernate or switch off completely...

Please do you know what the problem can be, or its solution... thanks

Your keyboard is making the laptop to malfunction.. Remove and see if problem persist, after that replace it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.