Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? (8507 Views)

Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant / Nigerian Citizenship Eligibility With Regard To Elected Offices / Asari Dokubo Adopts Benin Republic, Dumps Nigerian Citizenship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 02, 2009
How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship?

Please, i no longer want to be called a Nigerian. I don't need her citizenship anymore.
How do i go about this? Is there a legal way to handle this? Or should i use the media to announce it?
I need your advice guys, no beef.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Beaf: 7:48am On Oct 02, 2009
What about the other thread by you on this same topic? Wetin dey do you? angry
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by SeanT21(f): 7:58am On Oct 02, 2009
Once a Nigerian;always a NIGERIAN!!
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2009
@beaf
wetin? I don tire. Thats it. But this doesnt mean i'm not going to influence nigerian people positively.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by chosen04(f): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2009
babaearly:

@beaf
wetin? I don tire. Thats it. But this doesnt mean i'm not going to influence nigerian people positively.

Congrats for loosing BAY in nigeria. I have also spent Bay.

I think the best way to denounce is to do a newspaper ad. Am thinking of doing same!!
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 02, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion Chosen. I'll try full page ad but on which paper is the prefered for national coverage? And is there any legal workings involved? What doing an Ad on NTA?
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:41am On Oct 02, 2009
what a shame!
some people are just so unpatriotic.
its almost sickening.
there is nothing you can do, YOU ARE A NIGERIAN, NO MATTER WHAT.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Beaf: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2009
babaearly:

@beaf

I left you some advice on the other thread. It was something like below:
I believe something traumatic must have happened to you, but you need to be patient and give it time, don't be in a rush lest you regret it. Get dual nationality in the meantime and "suspend" your 9ja passport.
Don't throw your citizenship away.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2009
@the amaka
you lie. I have every right to throw away my citizenship. Who says i cant.

@beaf
i'm not close to the picture you painting.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Witi(m): 11:40am On Oct 02, 2009
Am interested too, we can share the center spread in PUNCH Newspaper. If we are in a country where everything works especially health we would have been referred to a Psychiatric Hospital for Diagnosis, Treatment and Counseling.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by doggyall: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2009
, you can still visit ARO, Abeokuta, for counselling and medications, goodluck!!
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by angel101(f): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2009
u lot are really funny!!!
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by nethacker(m): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2009
Can't u do that at the guardian newspaper's office
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by chosen04(f): 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2009
babaearly:

Thanks for the suggesti?Chosen. I'll try full page ad but on which paper is the prefered for national coverage? And is there any legal workings involved? What doing an Ad on NTA?

NTA will discourage us. They believe so much in patriotism.
Newspaper houses in nigeria can no longer be trusted!!

Babaearly, Lets think of using CNN for this denoucing [rebranding) Project. Pls reply
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Ibime(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2009
Babaearly, just chuck the passport away. . . . but only if you have another passport from a decent country sha.  undecided

Thank God I have never been a Nigerian citizen.  cool
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by citizenY(m): 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
I hope you are not an illegal immigrant where you are. If you are in Nigeria, i suggest you

route your way out of Nigeria through the Sahara desert. It is the easiest way to go into
oblivion these days. Take your passport along as you may have reason to regret
your decision on the way.

Cheers.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by nduchucks: 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
@poster, if na denounce, you wan denounce ya citizenship, you don denounce am already. but if na renounce wey you wan renounce am, you go need to go do am for courtroom. i advise you make you no go for nigerian courtroom for de renouncement - if you think small you go know why. cheesy
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by U1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2009
Babatoolate, sorry I mean, babaearly, it doesn't have to take you that long or hard. Just go to your desired country, which I figure in this case would be Afghanistan or Somalia, take up its citizenship while renouncing that of Nigeria at the same time. I think that's how it's done. undecided tongue
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by slimes(m): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2009
Go to Guinea for a firing squad grin.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
what's this babaearly's other id?

and why are you so narcissistic as if someone gives a d*mn how you feel about anything?

You no get friends who want to listen to whatever you have to say?

abi why open multiple threads as if na only you dey NL?
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by koolchicco: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2009
@Poster

I've got Zimbabwean Citizenship and I don't mind swapping please. lipsrsealed grin
Deal or No Deal??
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by azeeza(f): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
B4 U denounce 9ja we the patriotic 1ce don denounce u,abeg na only u e dey do.e dey worry us 2 but we no get option dan 2 pray say e go beta.remember say 1ce a monkey always a monkey cool
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by sandee575(f): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2009
I want to believe that you are serious about denouncing your Nigerian citizenship. Good, because you must have your reasons and enjoying what your country of abode has to offer you. You can do this honourably and not come here with your megaphone blasting at us in an apparent bid to make the rest of us feel inferior. You have just failed in this bid.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by switch47(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
This is a serious matter!!  

Before you can revoke your Nigerian citizenship , make sure you have aqcuired citizenship status of another country of your choice- Sudan, Liberia, Afghanistan,Iraq, Niger republic, ETC just chose ok?

Then you go to the court registery and swear to an Affidavit that you are no longer a Nigerian citizen, and that the Immigration now has the right to Deport you to most likely Niger republic . and henceforth you will require a visa to come into Nigeria - which may even be refused- except of course if you trek across the boarder from your new beloved country NIGER . grin grin    for further consultation   mail me at     citizenship@ idiotsassylum.com   grin

@ Others
 Nigeria for life!! Hypernigerians- too Nigerian, very Nigerian and extremely Nigerian!! 

On a more serious note
    Note that the Laws of Nigeria and dictate of logic does not provide for the denouncement of Citizenship by Birth, except of course you have to denounce   both parents  first. it makes more sense if one revokes citizenship by marriage/Naturalisation etc
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by mystics(m): 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2009
switch47:

Before you can revoke your Nigerian citizenship , make sure you have aqcuired citizenship status of another country of your choise- Sudan, Liberia, Afghanistan,Iraq, Niger republic, ETC just chose ok?

Then you go to the court registery and swear to an Affidavit that you are no longer a Nigerian citizen, and that the Immigration now has the right to Deport you to most likely Niger republic . and henceforth you will require a visa to come into Nigeria - which may even be refused- except of course if you trek accross the boarder from your new beloved country NIGER . grin grin for further consultation mail me at citizenship@ idiotsassylum.com

This is some good idea. Guy start with throwing your naija passport into the lagoon. Remember, what ur about to do, do it quickly.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by MUNEER2(m): 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2009
Na wa o!!!!!

I'm speechless,
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2009
LOL
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by switch47(m): 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2009

Before you can revoke your Nigerian citizenship , make sure you have aqcuired citizenship status of another country of your choice- Sudan, Liberia, Afghanistan,Iraq, Niger republic, ETC just chose ok?

Then you go to the court registery and swear to an Affidavit that you are no longer a Nigerian citizen, and that the Immigration now has the right to Deport you to most likely Niger republic . and henceforth you will require a visa to come into Nigeria - which may even be refused- except of course if you trek across the boarder from your new beloved country NIGER . grin grin for further consultation mail me at citizenship@ idiotsassylum.com grin

@ Others
Nigeria for life!! Hypernigerians- too Nigerian, very Nigerian and extremely Nigerian!!

On a more serious note
Note that the Laws of Nigeria and dictate of logic does not provide for the denouncement of Citizenship by Birth, except of course you have to denounce both parents first. it makes more sense if one revokes citizenship by marriage/Naturalisation etc
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by saworoide: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2009
@poster,

You have every right to think the way your are thinking. But if you are serious about it, you need to plan it well. If you denounce Nigeria today, then you are not a citizen of any country and should Nigeria retaliate to deport you, we will have nowhere to deport you to except Mars, Jupiter or the other planets where you don't need a visa. Get another citizenship before you start thinking this way, as at today you are a Nigerian and you better start thinking of how to make the best of it.
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2009
Even though Naija dey fuckup. . . I remain Extreeeeeemly Naija!!! Ain't no better country to eat Amala, Catfish Peppersoup and Concoction rice. . . hahahaha!!! grin
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by posakosa(m): 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2009
Anyone can claim the Nigerian citizenship if you can bribe the proper officials.

you can always re-instate it. ehn, its only a green passport!
Re: How Can I Revoke My Nigerian Citizenship? by Bluhazel: 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ poster
who's is even begging you to be a Nigerian?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News President Buhari Is Back In Nigeria (photo) / Ebonyi Lawmaker Afikpo Strips,teaches How To Give Man Head In US(Pics,Video / Throw Back When IKONSI Was Receiving Blessing From Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.