Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:37 AM

How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? (39621 Views)

Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" / Governor Ikpeazu In Arm Wrestling With A Chinese Investor In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by iHustle336: 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
I don't know if this is the right section, I wanna know if it is possible to legally acquire and own fire arm in Nigeria as a civilian? If it is possible, please let someone with the requisite knowledge explain how.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by GBTYO: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
The law states you can only own a licenced double barrel shotgun.

The firearm is restricted to cartridge shells only and NO SLUGS.

It is not to be carried in public and is restricted to hunting and home defense.

Pistols, semi automatic and full automatic rifles are completely haram.

Dane guns firing shells are allowed since you don't stand a chance in hell with that crap.

But that doesn't stop the fulanis from getting Ak-47 assault rifles.

327 Likes 32 Shares

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by oyinkinola: 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
iHustle336:
I don't know if this is the right section, I wanna know if it is possible to legally acquire and own fire arm in Nigeria as a civilian? If it is possible, please let someone with the requisite knowledge explain how.
are you a hunter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by GBTYO: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
oyinkinola:

are you a hunter?

Dey there until fulani visit you

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by papaejima1: 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
Yea, a pump action is the koko against a Fulani invader.
I even prefer it to the AK47 in home defence.
While the Ak seems invincible in the hands of an attacker due to its automatic and rapid fire feature, its accuracy is just about 100yrds. The pump action in contrast can do a 300-400 yard shot but its accuracy is not what I am interested in, it is its ability to spit up to 9-20 pellets in the general direction of any invader that I find inviting.

When the invaders come, just put yourself in an area where you won't be hit by direct fire, then draw your box of cartidges close, load up, raise you gun point it in the general direction and let loose. If you can get the 8 round semi auto version then bros you are on the gravy train. With one shot you can fell both the invader and several of his cows!

It is popularly believed that the distinctive sound of a pump action being cycled carries an inherent deterrent effect. grin grin cheesy

Do anyhow, see anyhow!

319 Likes 31 Shares

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by oyinkinola: 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
GBTYO:

Dey there until fulani visit you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by GBTYO: 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
oyinkinola:
hoo! you are going to disarm fulani herdsmen? ok safe journey!

Not everybody be coward like una

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by GBTYO: 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
papaejima1:
Yea, a pump action is the koko against a Fulani invader

It's illegal to own a pump.

I will prefer buck shots fired from this monster

23 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by oyinkinola: 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
GBTYO:

Not everybody be coward like una
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by GBTYO: 10:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
This is on my priority list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnrsvUanLfU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by GBTYO: 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
oyinkinola:

...brave as you are,why looking for gun?

Rely on your Osun juju and leave me with my Fostech Origin 12

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by oyinkinola: 10:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
..america, the gun state had fed with gun and want to disarm her citizenry but in vain, if you love gun why not join Army, police and if you not qualify, simply join hunter in your village! or you want to be criminal?

10 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by GBTYO: 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
oyinkinola:
..america, the gun state had fed with gun and want to disarm her citizenry but in vain, if you love gun why not join Army, police and if you not qualify, simply join hunter in your village! or you want to be criminal?

Gun ownership in nigeria will go a long way in inducing common sense into empty skulls like yourself

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
If I had legal access to a gun, I'll go out at night just to look for hoodlums to shoot. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by attackgat: 11:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
iHustle336:

It is quite simple. Just become a Hausa/Fulani Herdsman.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by redcap: 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
GBTYO:

It's illegal to own a pump.

I will prefer buck shots fired from this monster

Where in Nigeria can one acquire this machine legally.

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by GBTYO: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
redcap:

Where in Nigeria can one acquire this machine legally.

Legally?

You have a better chance owning a tank than getting this saw legalised in nigeria

29 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by SlayerSupreme: 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
papaejima1:
While the Ak seems invincible in the hands of an attacker due to its automatic and rapid fire feature, its accuracy is just about 100yrds. The pump action in contrast can do a 300-400 yard shot but its accuracy is not what I am interested in, it is its ability to spit up to 9-20 pellets in the general direction of any invader that I find inviting.

When the invaders come, just put yourself in an area where you won't be hit by direct fire, then draw your box of cartidges close, load up, raise you gun point it in the general direction and let loose. If you can get the 8 round semi auto version then bros you are on the gravy train. With one shot you can fell both the invader and several of his cows!

It is popularly believed that the distinctive sound of a pump action being cycled carries an inherent deterrent effect. grin grin cheesy

Do anyhow, see anyhow!
Lmao!!! I love this post

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by SlayerSupreme: 11:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
GBTYO:

Rely on your Osun juju and leave me with my Fostech Origin 12

Chaiiiiiiiii

7 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by GBTYO: 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
papaejima1:

Do anyhow, see anyhow!

A shotgun having more effective range than an assault rifle?

An AK has an effective range of 800m. That means it can kill you at 800m.

Shotgun is meant for close quarters and has a much lower effective range.

Other than buck shots, cartridge shells have very limited damage from 20yards.

Guy delete this nonsense now.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by papaejima1: 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2016
GBTYO:

A shotgun having more effective range than an assault rifle?

Guy delete this nonsense now.
Did you see me say that in my post?
Effective range of an AK is about 380 yards. That much I know, but I wasn't comparing effective ranges. I said even though an AK can be accurate up to 100yrds, a short gun can spit pellets as far as 400 yards in the general direction of any threat!

Clearer now? I am not interested in the effective range of the pump action.

21 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by GBTYO: 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
papaejima1:
Did you see me say that in my post?

Look above this post and read what I quoted you.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 29, 2016
papaejima1:

Do anyhow, see anyhow!
You know nothing about guns.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Izonpikin: 5:47am On Aug 29, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Lmao!!! I love this post
that guy dey vex gan....as in...

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 5:53am On Aug 29, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Chaiiiiiiiii
as innnnn Diaris God o

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 29, 2016
How much is a very effective assault rifle? Uzi or ak47?
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by JossyOloye(m): 6:41am On Aug 29, 2016
SlayerSupreme:
Lmao!!! I love this post
no be only you my brother

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by nijabazaar: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2016
papaejima1:

Do anyhow, see anyhow!

i like u already.

Your piece is as delicious as the feel of a bullet.

I can picture me taking down cows...not just cows.

I picture me avenging that cut up pregnant woman with the unborn baby.

I would be immensely satisfied if i can just see smoke wiffs trailing the end of my pump action Nigger as bullets cut down cows...not just cows.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by xendra: 8:00am On Aug 29, 2016
OK after explaining how, is there even a place in Nigeria where shooters and wannabes go to learn. legally I mean.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 29, 2016
This is Nigeria not America, the only thing you are entitled to is cutlass. grin

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2016
papaejima1:

Do anyhow, see anyhow!

This write up is a fascinating work of fiction that is totally incorrect, from the standpoint of ballistic reality. Clearly the writer of this factually erroneous description has never owned a real gun in his life, but hopes to impress similarly unenlightened readers by baffling them with bullchit accumulated from playing video games and watching old war movies.

A pump action SHOTGUN unleashes a horrific flesh-mangling blast at point-blank ranges within 20 yards, BUT, those pellets only possess a MAXIMUM lethal range of 50 yards at best. Any target beyond 50 yards that is hit by shotgun pellets has a very good chance of escaping with small pellet wounds, and at ranges beyond 100 yards, shotgun pellets may not even retain sufficient energy to penetrate clothing. As a hunter who has used a pump action shotgun to down quarry ranging from fast-flying birds to sprinting deer, I happen to know what I am talking about, from personal experience over many, many years.

A rifle projectile, on the other hand, is capable of blasting gaping holes in flesh, and shattering bone, all the way out to 1 kilometer downrange, depending on the caliber of the projectile fired. The venerable AK47, chambered with the 7.62x39mm cartridge, is a devastating weapon capable of precision fire out to ranges in the region of 80 yards, beyond which accuracy drops off significantly, unless of course the rifle is fitted with a telescopic sight that improves accuracy, such that 200 yard shots can be attempted by steady-handed shooters. My .308 caliber deer rifle, fitted with a high magnification telescopic sight, will make clean deer kills well out beyond 350 yards, when fired from a stable resting position.

Having thoroughly tested the accuracy of an AK47 rifle at the firing range where many crates of ammo were expended at paper targets, I can lay claim to a very deep familiarity with the AK, going beyond mere shooting, and into the realm of complete disassembly and reassembly, which I perform blindfolded with ease, meaning that my observations about this weapon ALSO derive from EXTENSIVE hands-on experience, and not wild, uninformed speculation.

Before taking to the internet to make outlandish claims about subjects one does not truly understand, it would be prudent to bear in mind that not everyone in the targeted audience is guaranteed to be as profoundly ignorant as the pontificating writer.

135 Likes 22 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech / Why Terror Attack On Nigeria’s Kuje Prison Was Successful (pics) / Herdsmen Attack Plateau Villages On Christmas Eve, 112 Killed, 47 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.