Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (311703 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2011
iyaore:

Justwise.
The letter reads:
,  in order to qualify under this category both of your parents are required to be lawfuly present in the UK or at the same time be applying for entry clearance. This is unless your mother is your sole surviving parent or has had sole responsibility for your upbringing or if there is any other serious family or other considerations tht would make refusing your visa undesirable. There is no evidene to show that your fatjer in Nigeria is being admitted to the UK on the same occassion as you. Therfore I am not satisfed that you meet the requiremenst of paragraph 319H(f)i of HC395.

Did you check Paragraph 319H(f)i of the Immigration Rules HC395 before you applied? There seems to be some changes to that rule recently. Trying to get more info. . . .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by iyaore: 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2011
Unfortunately I did not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2011
iyaore:

Unfortunately I did not.

Did you use this guidance? I'm trying to figure out where you went wrong. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/pbsdependantspolicy1.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by muami(m): 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2011
iyaore:

justwise
I applied for a student visa and dependent visa for my children. My student visa was issued but my children's visas were denied because we do not satisfy Paragraph 319H(f)i of the Immigration Rules HC395.
I am a returning UK student (I satrted my programme in 2006 and my children went to the UK with me. We only came back to Nigeria in 2011 to renew my student visa). I have one more year to finish my programme

At the time we applied in 2006 my husband was in Nigeria but he has now relocated to America.

I plan to reapply for my children but how do I satisfy the rules?

Just to add to whatever advice Justwise may have. Para 319H(f) was introduced to tackle child trafficking. By that paragraph, it is no longer possible for a parent of a child(ren) to apply for a dependant visa unless the other parent is already lawfully in the UK or is applying at the same time. In other words, as long as your husband is alive, you cannot get dependant visas for a children unless your husband applies at the same time with them.
The only way around it is for your husband to apply together with the kids, bring them to you and then return to the states.

I hope this helps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2011
muami:

Just to add to whatever advice Justwise may have. Para 319H(f) was introduced to tackle child trafficking. By that paragraph, it is no longer possible for a parent of a child(ren) to apply for a dependant visa unless the other parent is already lawfully in the UK or is applying at the same time. In other words, as long as your husband is alive, you cannot get dependant visas for a children unless your husband applies at the same time with them.
The only way around it is for your husband to apply together with the kids, bring them to you and then return to the states.

I hope this helps

You are absolutely right!, that was my finding as well, i must admit though that i knew nothing about that particular immigration rule until i the poster asked.

Thanks great job.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by iyaore: 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2011
Thank you for your suggestions justwise and Muami.

Your suggestion for my husband to apply for a dependant visa and bring the children to Uk will be difficult to acheive. This is because we will need to start the 28 days money process all over again. I have less than 12 months to complete my programme and I have already spent 3 months out of the 12 in Nigeria. Going down that route will take another 2 months. Any other suggestions?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:12am On Nov 11, 2011
iyaore:

Thank you for your suggestions justwise and Muami.

Your suggestion for my husband to apply for a dependant visa and bring the children to Uk will be difficult to acheive. This is because we will need to start the 28 days money process all over again. I have less than 12 months to complete my programme and I have already spent 3 months out of the 12 in Nigeria. Going down that route will take another 2 months. Any other suggestions?

You don't have any family in Nigeria to keep the kids with? Putting them in private school in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by iyaore: 2:31am On Nov 11, 2011
Justwise
I will reapply and try and show special family circumstances why they should go with me. Thank you and will keep you posted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:38am On Nov 11, 2011
iyaore:

Justwise
I will reapply and try and show special family circumstances why they should go with me. Thank you and will keep you posted.

It might help if your hubby could write a letter in support of your application, stating that you have his consent in taking the kids to the UK as you have done previously. I really hope it works out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by iyaore: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
Hi Justwise,
I will do that and a letter from his employer. Thank you so much. Keep you posted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2011
iyaore:

Hi Justwise,
I will do that and a letter from his employer. Thank you so much. Keep you posted.

No worries. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 12, 2011
can one make use of a domiciliary account for visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
@juswise.Well done o.Pls,i av a frnd who applied 4a visiting visa and was denied due 2 her low salary.Now,she wants to apply 4a student visa wit her M.Sc offer letter 4 Jan intake.Hop d earlier denial wont show her desperation of applying again and hence get denied again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
honey86:

can one make use of a domiciliary account for visa application?

I'm not really sure, i know pple have used it in the past (2-3 yrs ago) but i'm not sure if the rule have changed now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dapto:

@juswise.Well done o.Pls,i av a frnd who applied 4a visiting visa and was denied due 2 her low salary.Now,she wants to apply 4a student visa wit her M.Sc offer letter 4 Jan intake.Hop d earlier denial wont show her desperation of applying again and hence get denied again

If she met the requirements she will be given a visa, but she has to acknowledge the fact that she has been refused visa before when asked in that form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Boy619: 5:53am On Nov 14, 2011
Mr justwise and others plz help,  i want to submit my visa application this week and i dont want to make mistakes again, i just want to know about this OANDA print out thing , do i need to write 1 pound=, NGN,  or 1 NGN=,  POUND
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:32am On Nov 14, 2011
Boy619:

Mr justwise and others plz help,  i want to submit my visa application this week and i dont want to make mistakes again, i just want to know about this OANDA print out thing , do i need to write 1 pound=, NGN,  or 1 NGN=,  POUND

I will use £1= NGN if i were you though its not important whichever one you use.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2011
Boy619:

The school is westlondon college is registered and A rated by UKBA. Is it ok or ?
west london college is now a highly trusted status school,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by princesyeed: 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2011
Can someone advice m, I planning to apply for uk student visa by next month for February intake, What are the set of documents will I provide.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2011
hello, can someone please help with the list of approved Nigerian banks with regards to maintenance fees, i have sent countless emails to UKBA and the BHC all to no avail. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Boy619: 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2011
I just got a call from BHC that my passport is ready for collection, ooh my god anxiety is killing me, tomorrow am going to collect my results, wish me luck guyz!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Boy619: 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2011
yesssssssss i did it i just got my visa today it took just 5 days!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to ALLAH, thanksssssssss MR **JUSTWISE** god bless you and give you whatever you want, your advice really help thanks again!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:55pm On Dec 01, 2011
Boy619:

yesssssssss i did it i just got my visa today it took just 5 days!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to ALLAH, thanksssssssss MR **JUSTWISE** god bless you and give you whatever you want, your advice really help thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

Congrat, i'm really happy for you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2011
Boy619:

congrats! what skool?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 3:35pm On Dec 06, 2011
@justwise,others
Kudos to you all.I intend applying for my visa this week as soon as my CAS is out(though I just made the full payment of my course fee yesterday and am not sure how long it will take to be processed).pls I need clarification on some issues:
1.I have the maintenance fee of 7,306 pounds in my GTB account (current account) with the statement showing the opening balance of 7,260pounds on 29 sep and the last transaction I made on 14 nov.does it really matters if the closing balance is not stated?

2.Do I need a letter from my employer in support of my application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2011
sean001:

@justwise,others
Kudos to you all.I intend applying for my visa this week as soon as my CAS is out(though I just made the full payment of my course fee yesterday and am not sure how long it will take to be processed).pls I need clarification on some issues:
1.I have the maintenance fee of 7,306 pounds in my GTB account (current account) with the statement showing the opening balance of 7,260pounds on 29 sep and the last transaction I made on 14 nov.does it really matters if the closing balance is not stated?

2.Do I need a letter from my employer in support of my application?

It has to show opening and closing balance, you can't have opening balance without closing balance in any bank statement.

A letter from your employer is not necessary.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
justwise:

It has to show opening and closing balance, you can't have opening balance without closing balance in any bank statement.

A letter from your employer is not necessary.

Thanks for your response, what I was told when I complained about this was that the balance after my last transaction is the closing balance, which was 7,306pounds on 14 oct after I deposited 5 pounds the same day.
Is there any step I can take about this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2011
sean001:

Thanks for your response, what I was told when I complained about this was that the balance after my last transaction is the closing balance, which was 7,306pounds on 14 oct after I deposited 5 pounds the same day.
Is there any step I can take about this?

Was that after the 28days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
justwise:

Was that after the 28days?

Yes,even more than 28days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2011
sean001:

Yes,even more than 28days

If you made that deposit after then 28days then fine, you can use that as closing balance, how long has the money being in that account after the 28days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 1:13am On Dec 07, 2011
justwise:

If you made that deposit after then 28days then fine, you can use that as closing balance, how long has the money being in that account after the 28days?
Its 22days now,am planning to get another one if am unable to apply before next week monday.
Here is the breakdown of the statement:

Opening balance. 27/09/11. 7,260
Cash withrawal. 27/09/11. 55.50. 7,204.50
Cash deposit. 10/10/11. 60.00. 7,264
Cash deposit. 13/10/11. 40.00. 7,304
Cash deposit. 14/11/11. 5.00. 7,309.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:06am On Dec 07, 2011
sean001:

Its 22days now,am planning to get another one if am unable to apply before next week monday.
Here is the breakdown of the statement:

Opening balance. 27/09/11. 7,260
Cash withrawal. 27/09/11. 55.50. 7,204.50
Cash deposit. 10/10/11. 60.00. 7,264
Cash deposit. 13/10/11. 40.00. 7,304
Cash deposit. 14/11/11. 5.00. 7,309.

Since you made the deposit after the 28days you can go ahead and apply, don't keep the money in that account for more than a month else you have to start afresh again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.