Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,959 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:23 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (311296 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:16am On Jan 25, 2010
Bayonero:

Thanks man i tink i wil do it 2day so as to start countin my 15 days frm 2day thanks 4 all d assistance i am grateful.

Fingers crossed, some pple get it b4 10days. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by K3769: 9:01am On Jan 27, 2010
justwise:

Fingers crossed, some pple get it b4 10days. All the best.

And some have been waiting for over a mnth, wat do u suggest i do?
this is for justwise and other house moderators

i have submitted my application since the 18th of dec to the ikeja vac centre and yet
no word on it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:03am On Jan 27, 2010
K3769:

And some have been waiting for over a mnth, wat do u suggest i do?
this is for justwise and other house moderators

i have submitted my application since the 18th of dec to the ikeja vac centre and yet
no word on it

That is longer than necessary, have called or email them to find out?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by K3769: 11:06am On Jan 27, 2010
justwise:

That is longer than necessary, have called or email them to find out?

called them defintely yes, wud neva pik up thier fones
mailed them also YES gave me the same reply tht it has been submitted at the embassy

then i mailed the BHC and BDHC, got an automated out of office reply 4m the BDHC in Lagos
really dnt knw wot to do anymore, conisidering i got 30pts in july last year bt got bounced cos of maintenance

i had to defer my admission and then proceeded in paying the maintenance fee in my acct and submitted in dec in order to have
ample time to plan ahead.

I criusly dnt knw wat 2 do anymore
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:13am On Jan 27, 2010
K3769:

called them defintely yes, wud neva pik up thier fones
mailed them also YES gave me the same reply tht it has been submitted at the embassy
then i mailed the BHC and BDHC, got an automated out of office reply 4m the BDHC in Lagos
really dnt knw wot to do anymore, conisidering i got 30pts in july last year bt got bounced cos of maintenance
i had to defer my admission and then proceeded in paying the maintenance fee in my acct and submitted in dec in order to have
ample time to plan ahead.
I criusly dnt knw wat 2 do anymore

I feel ur pain, u need to keep ur school updated about this, don't stop calling or emailing them. They will definately pick one of ur calls, i know its hard but don't give up untill somebody talk to u.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by K3769: 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
justwise:

I feel your pain, u need to keep your school updated about this, don't stop calling or emailing them. They will definately pick one of your calls, i know its hard but don't give up untill somebody talk to u.

Thanks Brov
Would prolly pay them a visit soon and still continue on the call
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Bayonero(m): 3:59pm On Jan 27, 2010
@justwise and ell77 Am having a problem am suppose 2 apply 4 my visa on monday bt wen i got to d embassy i found out dat d skool<holborn college> has been black listed due 2 sum chinense student dat dont attend lectures and d skool refuse reportin dem . Now they said dey dont no wen they wil resolve d issue and dey cant return my money sice i was not refused visa and dat they can transfer me 2 anoda skool wich is more expensive and i dont hav such money and they ar resuming by may i dont know wat to do. And this is affecting all international student plz help me make sum confirmation abt d sitiuation and also plz advice me cos am confused. Thank u.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaCrouch(m): 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2010
@justwise
@ell
hi, HELP needed. I have an issue with my names. The name on my passport and me HND is having my middle name as TEMITAYO while on my WAEC cert it is Tayo. I obviously made da error da myself in filling dt name then(man stil small then) but Now im afraid its gonna be an issue when applying for my visa.PLEASSSE, What shud i do cos im applying soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Jan 27, 2010
BabaCrouch:

@justwise
@ell
hi, HELP needed. I have an issue with my names. The name on my passport and me HND is having my middle name as TEMITAYO while on my WAEC cert it is Tayo. I obviously made da error da myself in filling dt name then(man stil small then) but Now im afraid its gonna be an issue when applying for my visa.PLEASSSE, What shud i do cos im applying soon.

Your best bet is to correct the WAEC cert, visit WAEC office with ur passport and HND documents and explain to them, yes they will charge u for printing another cert but it will save u alot of problems in future.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2010
Bayonero:

@justwise and ell77 Am having a problem am suppose 2 apply 4 my visa on monday bt wen i got to d embassy i found out dat d skool<holborn college> has been black listed due 2 sum chinense student dat dont attend lectures and d skool refuse reportin dem . Now they said dey dont no wen they wil resolve d issue and dey cant return my money sice i was not refused visa and dat they can transfer me 2 anoda skool wich is more expensive and i dont hav such money and they ar resuming by may i dont know wat to do. And this is affecting all international student plz help me make sum confirmation abt d sitiuation and also plz advice me cos am confused. Thank u.

They have no point, obviously u will be refused a visa cos they are not registered, i just checked that school now on Border agency website and its not registered for sure. Insist they refund u, they will use all sort of excuses but don't back down.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Bayonero(m): 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2010
They use to b registered bt because of d problem dey blacklisted dem a frd of mine uncle dat has paid ful called them and they said they wil resolve it b4 d ending of next month wat should i do. Cos am tired.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaCrouch(m): 5:22pm On Jan 27, 2010
@justwise
thx for da reply. I would visit WAEC ASAP. Question is which WAEC office shud i go to?ogba or yaba?any ideas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tobiecxs(m): 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2010
Hi, I found the information on this blog very helpful, and I submitted my documents at the embassy yesterday.
my question is
The middle name on my birth certificate is Adetoba, while on my passport , B.Sc Cert and SSCE have Ayodele, although the place of birth, date of birth on the birth certificate and passport tallies. Likewise, my Dads name on the birth certificate tallies with his account name. I hope this wouldn't be a problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2010
its all good sha!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ella1: 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2010
@luizworld congrats!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phoniex(f): 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2010
Hi, thanks for all the information u give on this blog, its been very helpful.
i got my visa today but there was a slight error on it, it was issued 22/01/2010 and its expiring 22/06/2010 instead of 2011,pls wat do i do, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ ella 1, thanks a lot, am sure u got urs too.congrats as well grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2010
phoniex:

Hi, thanks for all the information u give on this blog, its been very helpful.
i got my visa today but there was a slight error on it, it was issued 22/01/2010 and its expiring 22/06/2010 instead of 2011,pls wat do i do, thanks

U need to inform them about the mistake. Congrat anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phoniex(f): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ justwise Thank you
do u think i should send the mail to the high commission in Abuja or Lagos, cause it was issued in Abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:35pm On Jan 27, 2010
phoniex:

@ justwise Thank you
do u think i should send the mail to the high commission in Abuja or Lagos, cause it was issued in Abuja?

Abuja, if u can go there urself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phoniex(f): 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2010
Lol, like i have a choice, i guess i'll just send them like a zillion messages now and wait 4 their reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ella1: 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ luizworld got mine last week.
@Phoniex congrats,its better u travel to Abuja urself (if u can)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phoniex(f): 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ella1 thanks, i think ill do that tomorrow cause my school resumes on the 3rd n i intend to be there then by Gods grace, i just pray it doesn't take time,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by cconcept: 10:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
does anybody have an idea of d fee for doing a pg diploma in uk?most schools only quote msc fees on their website.are the fees the same?what are the implications-studyin msc and pgdiploma?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2010
cconcept:

does anybody have an idea of d fee for doing a pg diploma in uk?most schools only quote msc fees on their website.are the fees the same?what are the implications-studyin msc and pgdiploma?

Are u serious? Doing those 2 programs at the same time? hmmm. . anyway, check this website site for pgd
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/options/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by cconcept: 7:55am On Jan 28, 2010
justwise,sorry for confusing you.i never meant studying the two together.what i mean is msc or pgdiploma-implications and fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 10:37am On Jan 28, 2010
Hi Guys,

Sorry for my period of absence. I have been very busy with a lot of Nairaland requests sent by email and so many other things.

After reviewing the past three pages of comments I see we have some more good news from Nairalanders who have successfully gained a UK Visa after listening to the advice on this forum, I am glad this thread showed you the way.

I also see there are quite a number of questions being asked here that have already been answered elsewhere on the thread, so before asking a question, it might be a good idea to read through the thread for clarity. I appreciate the thread has become quite long now with this popularity and will try to provide a summary document or link in due course.

Thank you very much to our active posters and advisors who in my absence continue to provide sound and thoughtful advice. Looking at justwise and Flekan's advice in particular, I don't need to answer any of the new questions as those answers are good enough to help the latest enquirers.

I will address at this point two issues:
1. Suspended schools
2. A new change in the visa letter

1. Suspended schools
Bayonero:

@justwise and ell77  Am having a problem am suppose 2 apply 4 my visa on monday bt wen i got to d embassy i found out dat d skool<holborn college>  has been black listed due 2 sum chinense student dat dont attend lectures and d skool refuse reportin dem . Now they said dey dont no wen they wil resolve d issue and dey cant return my money sice i was not refused visa and dat they can transfer me 2 anoda skool wich is more expensive and i dont hav such money and they ar resuming by may i dont know wat to do. And this is affecting all international student plz help me make sum confirmation abt d sitiuation and also plz advice me cos am confused. Thank u.

This is one of the few dangers of applying to a UK school. Those who apply with you may not have sincere intentions. Stricter regulations on universities mean that if students do not attend courses they are supposed to inform UKBA. If they do not they may be suspended. This is the likely cause of the above poster's school and because others were not honest it now affects him.

It is important to note that after UKBA investigations, a number of colleges will be removed from this list/suspension and if your course date has not passed you may continue with the application, if it has lapsed they are likely to issue you a new visa letter, with an extension date (the investigation by UKBA should take no more than 6 weeks ordinarily). However for a few institutes, this will not happen and you will need to go elsewhere or perhaps you can't wait that long anyway. Getting your money back can be a problem. According to contract, is likely you agreed to a refund only in the case of visa refusal. If you cannot convince them to return the money like Justwise advised (especially if it is before the 6 weeks and they are hoping the suspension is temporary), then your only option may be to get the visa rejection, it is cheaper than paying for a lawyer!

Bear in mind many genuine universities may wind up on this list due to loyalties to their students and is not a reflection of their genuinity as a school but rather their leniency becoming their weakness to the UKBA. As a lecturer who has bonded with their students and knows their student is experiencing financial difficulty or has commitments back home for instance what do you do when the student misses lectures for part-time work? Report him to the UKBA or hope he will soon return to class and a week or two will make no difference? The best answer is to report them for the sake of other students, but some lecturers may feel their loyalty to that student prevents them from doing so. Just to emphasise how tragic this is; one of my preferred universities has wound up on this list "Rayat London" and it is quite a shame as they teach exceedingly well and make special efforts to find part-time and full-time work for their students. It is likely they will be removed from the list - but nothing is certain.

I do not agree with the poster's institute holding his money whilst suspended and wish all those who are experiencing such the best of luck.

2. A new change in the visa letter
According to the UKBA
"From 22 February 2010, any student who applies by post or at one of our public enquiry offices, to study in the UK under Tier 4 of the points-based system must possess a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) from their prospective sponsor.

You will not be able to apply under Tier 4 using a visa letter from that date, even if the visa letter was issued before 22 February 2010.

Until 21 February 2010, you can continue to apply under Tier 4 using a visa letter, even if your course of study will start after 22 February 2010. "

"The procedure for sponsoring students under Tier 4 of the points-based system will change next month, when phase 4 of Tier 4 begins.

From 22 February 2010, visa letters will be obsolete. Tier 4 sponsors will need to use our sponsorship management system to issue confirmations of acceptance for studies (CASs) to all potential students, whether they are applying from inside or outside the UK.

From the same date, we will refuse any student applications under Tier 4 that do not contain a CAS number. If you issue a visa letter before 22 February to a student who intends to apply to us on or after that date, you must also issue them with a CAS.

If a student has used a CAS in their application to us, their sponsor must use the sponsorship management system to report on that student in any of the circumstances listed on the Reporting page of this website.

For more information about Tier 4 sponsors' responsibilities, download the Tier 4 sponsor guidance from the right side of this page.

For more information about the implementation of Tier 4, download the Tier 4 implementation plan from the right side of this page."

The good news is this means applications should be quicker with a sort of electronic as opposed to paper visa letter. But it will also mean this system is used to report individual students that disobey UKBA rules faster, so remain vigilant in your compliance to rules. There are also almost always hiccups with new system implementations especially as we move from one system to the next.

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
www.degreeangel.co.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2010
@ell77

Wecome back boss, glad to read from u again.
Hope u enjoyed ur mini-break smiley smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Bayonero(m): 10:34pm On Jan 28, 2010
@ell77 dis is Bayonero saw ur comment tanks a lot so concernin d suspended school wat do u advice i should do cos am confused now am just putin everytin in God hand. Waitin 4 ur reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by oyewsmt: 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2010
Please advise me on how much to be in my account before i apply, A friend told me #2.5m is ok to be in my account for 28days, Please feed me back and let me know , Thanks to all special advisers on this thread my God will meet u at your point of needs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2010
oyewsmt:

Please advise me on how much to be in my account before i apply, A friend told me #2.5m is ok to be in my account for 28days, Please feed me back and let me know , Thanks to all special advisers on this thread my God will meet u at your point of needs.

It depends on many things.
If ur school is in london then u need to have £7,200 + ur school fees, if u have paid some part of the fees then u need £7,200 + the remaining part of ur fees but if ur school is outside london then u need to have £5,400+ ur school fees. that amount has to be in ur account for 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by oyewsmt: 9:07am On Jan 30, 2010
@justwise, I have been through this thread and i see u are really trying for people. Also, i see u wanna stand a chance to assist me in which i will appreciate so much if u can get back to me with your email so as to have some talk. I hope to read back from you asap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.