Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,523 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:08 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (311302 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2009
annekix:

i think u guys are wrong

The transitional arrangements that were in place allowing funds to be held on the date of application only will no longer apply to applications made outside the UK, on or after 1 October 2009

will no longer apply to applications outside the uk

outside the uk

that means applications outside uk before 1st october

get it?,  Abi na my eyes no gree me understand dat english??

No we are not wrong, but yes you are also right! We are all saying the same things except you both spoke about different parts.

Let me break it down.

There are two types of prospective adult students:
1. Those who are outside [/b]the UK and want to apply for tier 4 visa.
2. Those who are [b]inside [/b]the UK and want to apply for tier 4 visa.

So this is the case as it has changed for both groups

[b]Those outside UK:

Previous transitional arrangements allowing funds to be held on the date of application only will no longer apply to applications made [size=14pt]outside [/size]the UK, on or after 1 October 2009 as you rightfully stated.

Those inside UK:
The transitional arrangement allowing funds to be held on the date of application only that were no longer supposed to apply to applications made [size=14pt]inside [/size]the UK, on or after 1 October 2009 have now been extended to February 2010.

Is that clearer? If not feel free to ask again.  smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dirac(m): 7:34am On Oct 14, 2009
Hello ell77

I recently gained an admission to the University of Hertfordshire, and I was given foundation yr entry as I am currently a 3rd yr student at a University in Nigeria I ask University of Hertfordshire if they could give me a yr 1 entry instead of the foundation yr I was given previously. They agreed on the condition that I send my Transcripts of results to them, which I did.

However after meeting all their requirements and the visa letter sent to me, I notice that what was written on the visa letter was incorrect. Under the heading 'Document used to obtain offer of a place' it was stated 'Transcript from final year entry' This is incorrect because 3rd yr in Nigeria is not final yr as implied on the visa letter. I sent a mail back to them stating the problem and asked if I could defer my entry to Jan 2010 because of the delay in getting a new visa letter and then applying for the visa. They replied stating that they do not have Jan entry for Undergraduate courses.
(I have paid half of the tuition)

What do u think I should do because I know very well that the embassy will surely point on that aspect on the visa letter, wondering what will make a final yr student want to start all over again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2009
Dirac:

Hello ell77

I recently gained an admission to the University of Hertfordshire, and I was given foundation yr entry as I am currently a 3rd yr student at a University in Nigeria I ask University of Hertfordshire if they could give me a yr 1 entry instead of the foundation yr I was given previously. They agreed on the condition that I send my Transcripts of results to them, which I did.

However after meeting all their requirements and the visa letter sent to me, I notice that what was written on the visa letter was incorrect. Under the heading 'Document used to obtain offer of a place' it was stated 'Transcript from final year entry' This is incorrect because 3rd yr in Nigeria is not final yr as implied on the visa letter. I sent a mail back to them stating the problem and asked if I could defer my entry to Jan 2010 because of the delay in getting a new visa letter and then applying for the visa. They replied stating that they do not have Jan entry for Undergraduate courses.
(I have paid half of the tuition)

What do u think I should do because I know very well that the embassy will surely point on that aspect on the visa letter, wondering what will make a final yr student want to start all over again.

@Dirac - I might need more details to answer your questions correctly but I am assuming answers to the questions I need to ask in order to speed up the application. Okay here are my questions and my assumptions:

1. Was it a full three year course you applied for? You applied for a full three year undergraduate degree and not a one year top up.
2. Why did the put final year of degree, have you You actually all four years of your degree? You did complete your undergraduate degree.
3. If you did complete your undergrad why didn't you apply for a Master's degree? You did not get a 2.1 or above so felt it would be easier to start from scratch and have a longer time studying to acclimatise to a new way of studying.
4. Why did you ask for deferral to January when a visa letter can reach you in two weeks maximum? Your start date is already this October.

NOTE: IF ANY OF THESE ASSUMPTION ARE WRONG PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS IT MIGHT AFFECT THE ANSWER I SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU!

Okay so here is my answer to your question if the previous assumptions are true:
Ask for an extension to your visa for up to one month (they may just give you one or two weeks but some give one month - I assumed you did not start in September), if there is an extension or late resumption date already on the letter then skip this step.

Once you have your visa letter and the transcript and other relevant supporting document, take it to the British VFS office, with your receipt of tuition fee payment (or else they should have already printed the amount of tuition fees you paid on your visa letter).

Sit back and wait for your visa! grin

Under the old scheme I know people would have been scrutinized for taking another undergraduate degree, but with the new one, the only thing they can comment on is if you had a undergrad and wanted to do A-Levels/International Baccalaureate, GNVQ's or below in UK. It is not their business if you choose to do ten undergraduate degrees the reason you are coming to UK is for your education and it is perfectly reasonable to believe your university in Nigeria did not provide that well enough even though you finished the course. This is also a frequent thing for course changers: i.e. someone who was forced to take for example an education degree because there was no other option, but who really always dreamed of studying biochemistry. It is very common for people to switch careers in the UK and many do so using new training which is often a Master's degree or diploma/certificate but can be an undergraduate degree. The PBS system has made the student visa a lot less subjective than before anyway.

Just make sure you apply on time, if for any reason you are rejected your visa i.e. too late ana pplicatyion. Most universities will return your deposit unless they explicitly stated they would not return it. Please do not provide any false details and double check your application before submitting it.

Good luck! grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dirac(m): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2009
The course I was undergoing in nigeria is a 5yr undergraduate course, I am currently in 3rd yr of that course. I decided to apply to Hertfordshire (Sept entry) and leave this course I am taking in nigeria and apply to Herfordshire. I told Hertfordshire about my situation and asked for a yr 1 entry instead of the foundation I was initially given. They agreed, but when I recieved the visa letter, Under the heading 'Document used to obtain offer of a place' it was stated 'Transcript from final year entry', which is incorrect. What should have been there is 'Transcript from 300 level till date' I guess they assume that been in 300 level implies final yr.

I asked for Jan entry because I felt that I would not meet their Oct. 30th registration deadline. (Today is Oct 14 before I get the Visa letter is probably next wk and visa application can take up to to wks.) They said no Jan entry. Pls What do u advice me to do in this situation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BABABABA: 10:00am On Oct 14, 2009
any new video about the PBS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mufasa(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2009
@ell,good job
@durac, i think you should apply wit d visa letter wit you. A transcript is a transcript IMO. You can still beat the oct 30th date I'm pretty sure if u submit today or 2moro. Guy act fast.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mufasa(m): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2009
@ell, please what is ur take on independent colleges qualification as a cheap route to a university degree in the uk. For example taking a ABE certificate,diploma & advanced diploma course in management. I understand u can use such qualifications to gain admission in some uk university.
Many of the independent colleges are approved tier 4 sponsors too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BABABABA: 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2009
@ell77

my husband is presently in the UK ,he will like to meet you in person for some advice.regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joxiri: 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2009
@ell
completely irrelevant but it seems like you know your stuff
so i was wondering could you please confirm for me that a bsc undergrad can apply for post study wrk visa if he or she returns to nig, cos i found out somewhere it was only post graduates who can apply from nigeria is this true pls
and also if one is refused to the post study wrk visa on the stupid £800 rule can he or she re-apply in nigeria and how long after can they reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2009
Dirac:

The course I was undergoing in nigeria is a 5yr undergraduate course, I am currently in 3rd yr of that course. I decided to apply to Hertfordshire (Sept entry) and leave this course I am taking in nigeria and apply to Herfordshire. I told Hertfordshire about my situation and asked for a yr 1 entry instead of the foundation I was initially given. They agreed, but when I recieved the visa letter, Under the heading 'Document used to obtain offer of a place' it was stated 'Transcript from final year entry', which is incorrect. What should have been there is 'Transcript from 300 level till date' I guess they assume that been in 300 level implies final yr.

I asked for Jan entry because I felt that I would not meet their Oct. 30th registration deadline. (Today is Oct 14 before I get the Visa letter is probably next wk and visa application can take up to to wks.) They said no Jan entry. Pls What do u advice me to do in this situation?

Okay so I gather they have already given you an extension until the 30th of October. Which is near. I suggest you call your university's international advisers and ask if they send your visa letter by DHL Express 12pm, it is about £85 just for the letter so they may try and say no, but speak to international advisers and let them know you really want to start and there is no point in going through a refund when you can spend £85 now. It should get to you in two days time before 12pm. If they cannot, ask them how you can get a refund.

It is likely they only refund money in extreme circumstances which (you may ask them), normally includes visa rejection (they will probably remove an administration fee also). Your best bet is, I suppose, is then to apply like that if they are not able to give you an extension, including your transcript for the last year you have studied. They have made a mistake on the visa letter, and the date has passed, but without that rejection you may not get your money back from them. The chances of you receiving your visa are moderate (I had a student who got his visa recently in 10 working days from Ikeja even though ihis registration deadline was 5th and he received visa on 6th and he entered UK on 13th, the immigration officers asked him when his course started, he said the course start date passed, but he had an extension she asked for the visa letter with extension, that date had already passed! She called a senior member of staff and she asked him if he had paid any fees, he said he paid half his fees (and then explained reasons for delays), so she said he should go. He has now been at university for two days, I helped him get accommodation the day he arrived, register, meet his course director - everything.

You may or may not be so lucky but at the very least you will get your tuition fees back then you can check other universities who may be offering January intake. What course were you studying that was 5 years long? Since you have done two years and above there are quite a few universities that offer HND top ups where if you did a full HND or if you just did 2/3 years of your BSc you can come to UK and turn it into a full BSc/BA in the UK in one year. Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise, less fees for you to pay. But speak to your university first about an extension, I can't believe this happened to you. I wish you all the best, let me know if you need any help.

Regards

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 10:26am On Oct 15, 2009
mufasa:

@ell, please what is your take on independent colleges qualification as a cheap route to a university degree in the uk. For example taking a ABE certificate,diploma & advanced diploma course in management. I understand u can use such qualifications to gain admission in some uk university.
Many of the independent colleges are approved tier 4 sponsors too.

@mufasa - Thanks.  smiley
It is a cheap alternative to enter the UK, and for many people will be the best option. There is a preference on bigger employers to go for universities ranked higher and they have to be public universities. But these are more expensive. If you take one of these ABE advanced diplomas you must have a particular reason for me to advise you properly, some take these diplomas, convert it to a BSc, work in the UK for some time in average jobs and then go on to take Master's gradually, because they did not have much before they came the work from the bottom up. In the long run it may actually cost more, but it may at least get you here legally and give you some preparation before taking more difficult masters degrees etc.

Please tell me your background and dreams so I can advise you properly.

BABABABA:

@ell77

my husband is presently in the UK ,he will like to meet you in person for some advice.regards

@BABABABA
i only help people with student visa related queries or post study work visa and if this is what he is interested in I am ore than happy to help. I am not an expert on all other visa types, so sadly I may not be able to help there. Tell him to email me at director@degreeangel.co.uk or ellaoku@gmail.com. I might reply with address ellaoku@gmail.com for easy access (for security reasons I only access my company email from one computer, but I access my gmail from anywhere and my DegreeAngel messages are bounced to that inbox).

joxiri:

@ell
  completely irrelevant but it seems like you know your stuff
  so i was wondering could you please confirm for me that a bsc undergrad can apply for post study wrk visa if he or she returns to nig, cos i found out somewhere it was only post graduates who can apply from nigeria is this true pls
  and also if one is refused to the post study wrk visa on the stupid £800 rule can he or she re-apply in nigeria and how long after can they reply

@Joxiri

The Post Study work visa lasts only two years.

Yes, you can apply if you have obtained a Bachelors or Masters degree from UK, or HND from Scotland. However, this scheme last for two years and does not count towards years spent in UK qualifying you for settlement status! But your salary and qualifications earned in this period will have huge determinants on switching to a longer category of tier one that does count towards settlement status: the Highly skilled Work Visa (can stay up to three years replaces HSMP).

Points relating to course are PhD-50, Master's degree-35 and Bachelor's degree (extension applications only) - 30.

Since you would have switched from another category (Post Study Work Visa), and were not extending. In this case having an MSc would have been your best bet. So either you would have studied the Master's part-time in the two years during your post study work visa or you would have studied the MSc from the outset on your student visa to be eligible for the Highly skilled work visa. Short term the latter is more expensive but cheaper in the long run.

For settlement/Permanent stay in UK:

You must complete a continuous period of five years in the United Kingdom in an eligible immigration category (can include extensions) i.e.:
    * highly skilled worker (Tier 1 General - this does not include post study work visa period);
    * Highly Skilled Migrant Programme;
    * work permit holder;
    * innovator;
    * self-employed lawyer; or
    * writer, composer or artist.

The immigration rules are subject to change and you must meet the rules that are in place at the time that you apply for settlement.

Hope this helps, let me know if you are unsure of anything.

Regards

DegreeAngel UK Ltd

Taken and altered from the following source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mufasa(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2009
Ell, A friend of mine studied communication (Bsc) as a sandwich program in O.O.U. Ago iwoye. Funny thing is the course ran for 5 years, but thereafter the sch refused to coalate & give all of them their results nor Degrees. She doesn't have anything tangible to show for her time in OOU (No transcripts nor score sheet). They only gave them a lousy letter addressed to whom it may concern,saying "Miss O. A was a student of mass comm. and that her results her being coalated". So she has been @ home 4 about 2 years doin nothing.
She spoke to me & said she wouldn't mind doing another course in hospitality & tourism. I googled & came across the ABE Courses going from certificate level to advanced diploma level.
She doesn't really have much money for the big schools & i told her i could help her get into one of the independent schools running the program. I particularly had London Academy of Higher Education (Stratford) in mind. My tot is that whilst she is there OOU might release the results & she can now go for masters but at the same time she would have obtained some professional qualifications. On d other hand if they don't give her a degree she can as well use her ABE diploma to gain admission to a Uk uni.
So what do u think? She wants to start in jan.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joxiri: 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ella
I have sent an email to you mail box "ellaoku@gmail.com" with a clearer description of the situation
please kindly reply thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dirac(m): 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ell77

If I get the visa, and I make it to the UK late, do u think the university would accept me after Oct. 30th?(I have called and they say they are not going to extend my registration date beyond Oct. 30) Will I be able to plead my case?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by annekix(m): 2:24pm On Oct 17, 2009
HI guys i'm in a tight spot, i recently applied for a uk student visa tier 4pbs for postgraduate studies on 18th sep 2009 till now i haven't received my passport back it should be well over 15 days now, though it was stated i should come back in ten days

my schools the University of Bedfordshire and thier latest registration date is on the 20th of oct

i've emailed and visited the BHC and laid my complaint but was told my visa was still undergoing processing and would be returned when done.

some guys said they had problems with thier sever and they had a massive backlog to clear cuz of the holiday period, but thats crap to me!

GUys, i can honestly say i'm loosing my mind i'm so confused right now

what do i do?

cuz the way this thing is goin if i get this thing on monday i'm thinking of taking a night flight to uk to arrive on the 20th on tue. (Sounds crazy right?)

infact i'm going nut's what do you suggest?

should i ask the school to extend the reg. date?
should i bang down the doors of the embassy till they let me in?

Bear in mind i've also been to the uk 3times before for visits and my last visa was a two yr premium visa, and i have not been in any trouble what so ever all the times i went, this is why i'm ticked of at the whole thing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mufasa(m): 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2009
hey
annekix:

HI guys i'm in a tight spot, i recently applied for a uk student visa tier 4pbs for postgraduate studies on 18th sep 2009 till now i haven't received my passport back it should be well over 15 days now, though it was stated i should come back in ten days

my schools the University of Bedfordshire and thier latest registration date is on the 20th of oct

i've emailed and visited the BHC and laid my complaint but was told my visa was still undergoing processing and would be returned when done.

some guys said they had problems with thier sever and they had a massive backlog to clear cuz of the holiday period, but thats crap to me!

GUys, i can honestly say i'm loosing my mind i'm so confused right now

what do i do?

cuz the way this thing is goin if i get this thing on monday i'm thinking of taking a night flight to uk to arrive on the 20th on tue. (Sounds crazy right?)

infact i'm going nut's what do you suggest?

should i ask the school to extend the reg. date?
should i bang down the doors of the embassy till they let me in?

Bear in mind i've also been to the uk 3times before for visits and my last visa was a two yr premium visa, and i have not been in any trouble what so ever all the times i went, this is why i'm ticked of at the whole thing.

Hey dont fret. I'm sure your visa will come thru today. You can mail the school and let them know you might need extension till the end of the week. You can state that the BHC is delaying and they ve assured you will get a response to your visa application this week.

And if the visa shows up today.you might be able to get flight on BA or KLM but na top money o.

Cheers mate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mafiaguy: 1:24am On Oct 20, 2009
Hello ell7 and thanks for all the good updates.Well i was refused a visiting visa to the Uk in the year 2008.Is it possible to apply for a student visa after one has been refused of a visit visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mufasa(m): 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2009
@mafia. Yes u can. Just make sure you don't lie when u r filling the part of d form where you are asked if u ve been denied before. Be honest. All the best.
Where is ell
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ella1: 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2009
Hi Ell77,Thanks for the job your doing i went thru all your answers to each question on this trend and it was very informative. I am new to the forum and i have few questions:
1. How many months bank statement do one need to submit to the embassy?
2. Is it okay to just have the money in your account then print out the statement after 28days and take it to the embassy or do one need to show that the money has been in the account for a longer time.( I was told by an agent that if i just deposit the money into the account that it will look suspicious).
3.What are my chances of getting a visa since i was refused a student visa in 2007 due to insufficient funds.
4. Lastly i want to ask if its okay to use a new e-passport or i shld still use the old one (it will expire in 2012)that has my maiden name(I just got married last year and changed my name.)
I will be vey glad if u cld answer my questions as i intend to apply in Nov for Feb 2010 intake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mafiaguy: 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2009
Thanks Mufasa,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2009
I want to thank you first for the great job you have been doing by restoring hopes to most questions asked. My Question(1)Is there age limitation for undergraduate studies,and Question(2)If i pay 1000 pounds deposit required by the college out of 3000 pounds,do i still stand a good chance of getting Visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by annekix(m): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2009
GUys!!!! I just Collected my VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Running around Buck Naked Waving shirt in the air!!!!!!!!!* grin grin grin

Yesss!!! finally!!!!

It took a total of 28 scary working days for me, even though the BHC gave me 10!
28 days people!!!! i applied for the student visa in September!!!!!!!!

"that has to be some world record or something" i gotta call Guinness!!

Any way, I just wanna thank God O!!! Ha, !
O boy this wait nearly drove me nuts!!!
checking the visa app status page daily,
constantly calling the app customer care center, so te i come dey even toast the customer care girl for phone! Grin

,in fact at a point i just got tired and bought 24 season 1-7 just to get my mind of the whole thing undecided undecided ( by the way Jack Bauer Totally Rocks!!) and would eat Micheal Scoffield for breakfast

and i was freaking out cuz i resigned from work thinking the visa would be out in time for me to travel, BIg mistake people!but phew at least it came out sha! hee hee

Then i sent one KAraaazzzzzy, hilarious email to the BHC i'm sure it musta touched them because the next day they emailed me telling me to go pick up my package!!

the day i sent the letter i showed my mum what i sent and she was shocked and gave me this big "what were you thinking speech? tongue"

the letter was that crazy!!! u guyz dont wanna know!
but hey i knew my mail would get through to some one!!grin grin ;Dat least someone in BHC must have a sense of humour grin grin grin

just goes to show guys
alwayshave faith and believe in God no matter what the circumstance, he works in Really mysterious ways,

I just wanna thank and give a shout out to the following peeps
£a$y
Hesperus
oyewolejos
MUfasa

You guys took the time to give me some good advice and i appreciate it a lot, u rock!!

Peace!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2009
1. How many months bank statement do one need to submit to the embassy?

U need to show 3months bank statement

2. Is it okay to just have the money in your account then print out the statement after 28days and take it to the embassy or do one need to show that the money has been in the account for a longer time.( I was told by an agent that if i just deposit the money into the account that it will look suspicious).
The agent is right, don't just deposit the money cos it will look as if u borrowed it just for the visa and will not be avaiable to u after wards.
3.What are my chances of getting a visa since i was refused a student visa in 2007 due to insufficient funds.
If u met the condition this time around then u got a good chance of getting a visa,
4[b]. Lastly i want to ask if its okay to use a new e-passport or i shld still use the old one (it will expire in 2012)that has my maiden name(I just got married last year and changed my name.)[/b]Use the e-passport, the old one will be phased out next yr. Use the new one but submit both and your marriage certificate will sort out the issue of change of name.

ell77 will tell  u more when she logs on.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BABABABA: 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2009
@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise

i have a visa letter from a college in London and the qualification that was listed on my visa letter are my Ordinary level qualification and HND qaulification,i told the college i dont want my OND qualification to be listed on the visa letter becos all i ve got as a prove of having an OND qualification from my school is just a notification of result,i was unable to get my OND transcript and certificate.pls what are the implications of showing just O level cert and HND Cert without any prove of OND certificate if i shld go ahead and apply for a student visa under the PBS?pls i need advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2009
BABABABA:

@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise

i have a visa letter from a college in London and the qualification that was listed on my visa letter are my Ordinary level qualification and HND qaulification,i told the college i dont want my OND qualification to be listed on the visa letter becos all i ve got as a prove of having an OND qualification from my school is just a notification of result,i was unable to get my OND transcript and certificate.pls what are the implications of showing just O level cert and HND Cert without any prove of OND certificate if i shld go ahead and apply for a student visa under the PBS?pls i need advice
As long as u meet the entry requirement of the course u are going to study then u got no prob. HND is higher than OND, don't include the OND if u don't have the transcript and certificate as u mentioned, submit what u have and check if that meets the entry requirement for the course
Just make sure u are submittng original documents and pls make sure that the school in london is not one of those bogus colleges and good luck with ur application.

Others will tell u even more
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by chygo4u(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2009
@ell77
Thanks 4 ur advice.

I was refused entry visa twice last year Sept and Dec.when I applied for my MSC studies in the UK. And since then i just gave up but with the introduction of tier 4, I believe things will be much easier now.

I was refused on the grounds of insufficient information of my sponsor's source of income, my sponsor was my Uncle.
Am thinking of applying next yr.
My question is, will they be interested in the source of the fund in my account?

thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2009
@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise

I want to thank you guys for the great job you have been doing by restoring hopes to most questions asked. My Question(1)Is there age limitation for undergraduate studies,and Question(2)If i pay 1000 pounds deposit required by the college out of 3000 pounds,do i still stand a good chance of getting Visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BABABABA: 10:48am On Nov 08, 2009
@justwise,
thanks for ur contribution.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:01am On Nov 08, 2009
shakur01:

@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise
I want to thank you guys for the great job you have been doing by restoring hopes to most questions asked. My Question(1)Is there age limitation for undergraduate studies,and Question(2)If i pay 1000 pounds deposit required by the college out of 3000 pounds,do i still stand a good chance of getting Visa?

I'm not sure abt the age limite thing but i know of a family friend who did his masters here at the age of 46 or above then went ahead and did Phd.
I'm guessing that your course is a yr course, wats your age bracket? 30-35 or 35-40?. It may be a prob if u got no job or serious commitment in Nigeria that will bring u back after your course.

If u paid £1000 and can prove that u have the remaining £2000 + the maintance money, if your aschool is in london then its abt £7000, outside london is abt £5600, so u need to show that u have £2000 +7000/5600. Then in this case u will be fine in  items of meeting the financial requirement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:05am On Nov 08, 2009
BABABABA:

@justwise,
thanks for your contribution.

No prob, all the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 08, 2009
@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by cvibe: 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2009
@ Shakur, the consular officer is the last man standing. He alone decides if you get a visa or not based on the strength of the documents you have supplied.

Schools have a minimum deposit amount to secure a place and once the school is satisfied with your deposit, you will be issued with a visa letter. The onus is on you to prove to the consular officer that you meet all of the other requirements for the issue of a student's visa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.