Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,684 members, 7,801,968 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (311707 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2009
@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise
@cvibe

Guys thanx for the reply.Pls any possible solution for this question.I once apply for visitor Visa to UK in 2004 and was refused,i want to change all the information used then,now that i want to apply for studying Visa except that i will retain my name.i hope that wont affect my chance of getting the Visa.Hope to hear from you soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by johnkent(m): 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2009
shakur01:

@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise
@cvibe

Guys thanx for the reply.Pls any possible solution for this question.I once apply for visitor Visa to UK in 2004 and was refused,i want to change all the information used then,now that i want to apply for studying Visa except that i will retain my name.i hope that wont affect my chance of getting the Visa.Hope to hear from you soon

it wont affect ur visa application this time UNlLESS you used fake documents and information for your last application.If you did, then dont even bother applying because it will be refused and u might get a 10yr BAN
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 09, 2009
@johnkent

Thanx for the reply.But you don't still get my point because what i meant by changing my information is that i will tell them in my application form that i never apply before,because i want to use the age on my school result,which is different from my previous application in 2004 and beside am using the new E-Passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joxiri: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2009
@ shakur
9 times out of 10 they will probably still have your name and your face so unless you are using a different name and you have undergone a facial surgery I will advise you to use the same details.
With the british embassy if you are honest and you use the same details and legitimate documents they will eventually give you a visa theres is only so many times they can reject that is provided and i repeat provided you are honest but once you attempt deceit or fraud then forget is you are banned for 10 years
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2009
Brilliant thread, Ella.

Would be great if this could get stickied.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by miz4oxley(m): 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2009
@

I will like you to read this carefully, Last year I applied for a student visa and was refused due to soem reasons reasons and I was given the right to appeal, i appealed and I won the appeal, It was allowed september and the embassy called me to come with my sponsors, Updated account statement and my visa letter from my school. I submitted this and was told to come back afetr 1 wek i went and the visa was refused on the note that they called my sponsor and he said he knows nobody of such(me) and I was given another right of appeal which i did, But to my surprise i got their mail by post that they got my letter late and the case is dismissed. My first application was packaged by an agent who provided the atstement and other documents except my visa letter,So now I will like to make another application but will like to know is there no problem as this is a new genuine sponsor who is my uncle but not same surname, and i'm using his account for the application with legal backups to show he really want to sponsor me. And I hope there can be any ban issue.2) Iam not making any school fee payment to thte school and can i fill that on the maintenance space of the application and i hope it has nothing to do? Please help cos in my 1st applicationthey did not talk about school fee as I told my school i will be paying on arrival. Please help me, I want to make a new application with new genuine sponsor.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by osasp(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2009
miz4oxley:

@

I will like you to read this carefully, Last year I applied for a student visa and was refused due to soem reasons reasons and I was given the right to appeal, i appealed and I won the appeal, It was allowed september and the embassy called me to come with my sponsors, Updated account statement and my visa letter from my school. I submitted this and was told to come back afetr 1 wek i went and the visa was refused on the note that they called my sponsor and he said he knows nobody of such(me) and I was given another right of appeal which i did, But to my surprise i got their mail by post that they got my letter late and the case is dismissed. My first application was packaged by an agent who provided the atstement and other documents except my visa letter,So now I will like to make another application but will like to know is there no problem as this is a new genuine sponsor who is my uncle but not same surname, and i'm using his account for the application with legal backups to show he really want to sponsor me. And I hope there can be any ban issue.2) Iam not making any school fee payment to thte school and can i fill that on the maintenance space of the application and i hope it has nothing to do? Please help cos in my 1st applicationthey did not talk about school fee as I told my school i will be paying on arrival. Please help me, I want to make a new application with new genuine sponsor.
surname doesnt matter, as long as he can back his intentions with a signed letter and turn up if requested
source: my sis just came to the uk for studies smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by miz4oxley(m): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2009
@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise
@cvibe

I will like you to read this carefully, Last year I applied for a student visa and was refused due to soem reasons reasons and I was given the right to appeal, i appealed and I won the appeal, It was allowed september and the embassy called me to come with my sponsors, Updated account statement and my visa letter from my school. I submitted this and was told to come back afetr 1 week i went and the visa was refused on the note that they called my sponsor and he said he knows nobody of such(me) and I was given another right of appeal which i did, But to my surprise i got their mail by post that they got my letter late and the case is dismissed. My first application was packaged by an agent who provided the statement and other documents except my visa letter, he used some one elses account to pose as an uncle,So now I will like to make another application but will like to know is there no problem as this is a new genuine sponsor who is my uncle but not same surname, and i'm using his account for the application with legal backups to show he really want to sponsor me. And I hope there can be any ban issue.2) I am not making any school fee payment to the school and can i fill that on the maintenance space of the application and i hope it has nothing to do to my marks? Please help cos in my 1st application they did not talk about school fee as I told my school i will be paying on arrival. Please help me,  I want to make a new application with new genuine sponsor. How can I overcome the maintenance 10point as I will be paying on arrival what do you think, all the reasons stated in my first application before tier 4 was never about payment or fees and I never made any payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 9:41am On Nov 23, 2009
@Justwise, Siena, funkybaby, Mufasa and anyone else who has made a positive contribution to people who needed it on this thread - I would like to say a massive: THANK YOU! cheesy

I have not been on Nairaland for a while to answer your questions though I have been answering the questions of those who sent me personal emails. For some reason I have not been receiving personal updates of your posts and merely came here when I received an update that this topic had been stickied. I THOUGHT THE THREAD WAS DEAD! So I'd like to apologise to anyone who asked a question that i did not personally answer - though many have done so for you quite well. I hope your situations have improved, since you came on this thread.

I guess it goes to show, more and more people are looking for a solution to an improved future. EDUCATION is the best way in my mind, although there are others, which is why I don't mind giving this information free, perhaps one day those who studied abroad will set up a universities in Nigeria that meet the needs of Nigerians perfectly, or businesses in Nigeria that provide more employment. This is the height of what i hope for, but really as long as they come here informed and the RIGHT WAY this is good enough for me!  wink

I will make an attempt to answer all the questions here, then provide a summary of how things stand as at the end of this working week in relation to regulations of PBS Tier 4.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 10:30am On Nov 23, 2009
mufasa:

Ell, A friend of mine studied communication (Bsc) as a sandwich program in O.O.U. Ago iwoye. Funny thing is the course ran for 5 years, but thereafter the sch refused to coalate & give all of them their results nor Degrees. She doesn't have anything tangible to show for her time in OOU (No transcripts nor score sheet). They only gave them a lousy letter addressed to whom it may concern,saying "Miss O. A was a student of mass comm. and that her results her being coalated". So she has been @ home 4 about 2 years doin nothing.
She spoke to me & said she wouldn't mind doing another course in hospitality & tourism. I googled & came across the ABE Courses going from certificate level to advanced diploma level.
She doesn't really have much money for the big schools & i told her i could help her get into one of the independent schools running the program. I particularly had London Academy of Higher Education (Stratford) in mind. My tot is that whilst she is there OOU might release the results & she can now go for masters but at the same time she would have obtained some professional qualifications. On d other hand if they don't give her a degree she can as well use her ABE diploma to gain admission to a Uk uni.
So what do u think? She wants to start in jan.

@mufasa - Yes that seems like a personally adequate plan to me, after the ABE diploma she can transfer to a final year top up and obtain a BSc. So from the start of her ABE to the end of the BSc she will have been studying in the UK for only three years. Rayat London College does this for no more than £3700 each year which should be less than N925,000, I can assist in free application to the university:

http://www.degreeangel.co.uk/course_providers.html#RAYAT

Dirac:

@ell77

If I get the visa, and I make it to the UK late, do u think the university would accept me after Oct. 30th?(I have called and they say they are not going to extend my registration date beyond Oct. 30) Will I be able to plead my case?

@Dirac - this is rally a personal decision, if you make it there late they have every right to refuse and report you to the UKBA as staying here illegally - all universities are afraid of UKBA removing their license to sponsor students to come to UK amongst other punishments for not reporting late or absent students. This is even assuming you make it to the UK. At the border they may ask you why you are coming late and with no extension and can refuse you right in the UK!

However, a student i know came two weeks later than the visa extension and they questioned him, he stood his ground and said, the visa office took too long, they let him through. The very prestigious university who had told him a one week extension was enough and they would not increase it or accept him (before he had received his visa), actually allowed him in and he is getting ready to submit his first term paper as we speak! Sometimes luck is on your side - the border control felt he was earnest and used their judgement - but they didn't have to. In essence, you have to judge it well. If you do get your visa in time and are making your way, inform your university and if possible print off an emailed response if they say it is okay (or at least your first email, or any confirmation email), and pay your tuition fees in part to show commitment so you can show this to border control. Again this is not a guarantee, but may help.

mafiaguy:

Hello ell7 and thanks for all the good updates.Well i was refused a visiting visa to the Uk in the year 2008.Is it possible to apply for a student visa after one has been refused of a visit visa?

@mafiaguy- Your welcome. Yes, of course you can, unless it was for fraud or a major offense you were refused, past refusal bears no weight on a new application - like Mufasa said just be honest on the form, lying can cause havoc.

ella1:

Hi Ell77,Thanks for the job your doing i went thru all your answers to each question on this trend and it was very informative. I am new to the forum and i have few questions:
1. How many months bank statement do one need to submit to the embassy?
2. Is it okay to just have the money in your account then print out the statement after 28days and take it to the embassy or do one need to show that the money has been in the account for a longer time.( I was told by an agent that if i just deposit the money into the account that it will look suspicious).
3.What are my chances of getting a visa since i was refused a student visa in 2007 due to insufficient funds.
4. Lastly i want to ask if its okay to use a new e-passport or i shld still use the old one (it will expire in 2012)that has my maiden name(I just got married last year and changed my name.)
I will be vey glad if u cld answer my questions as i intend to apply in Nov for Feb 2010 intake.
@ella1 - Is your name in dedication to me? lol. Well justwise answered you quite well but i will add to this in red:
justwise:

1. How many months bank statement do one need to submit to the embassy?

U need to show 3months bank statement. Exactly.

2. Is it okay to just have the money in your account then print out the statement after 28days and take it to the embassy or do one need to show that the money has been in the account for a longer time.( I was told by an agent that if i just deposit the money into the account that it will look suspicious).
The agent is right, don't just deposit the money cos it will look as if u borrowed it just for the visa and will not be avaiable to u after wards. But if you are pressed for time, it is perfectly viable to do this as a loan comes in bulk and families give loans to nieces, nephews etc. They really are required to be less subjective - so it doesn't matter what they think per se. They can't refuse you because you put in a bulk sum at once so long as you meet the other conditions (i.e. three months held etc) . What they might do (though not necessarily - and they are not supposed to) is take longer to process your account.
3.What are my chances of getting a visa since i was refused a student visa in 2007 due to insufficient funds.
If u met the condition this time around then u got a good chance of getting a visa, Exactly as long as you are honest in your application about this and your reason for refusal was not fraud or a crime/offense.
4[b]. Lastly i want to ask if its okay to use a new e-passport or i shld still use the old one (it will expire in 2012)that has my maiden name(I just got married last year and changed my name.)[/b]Use the e-passport, the old one will be phased out next yr. Use the new one but submit both and your marriage certificate will sort out the issue of change of name. Exactly.

ell77 will tell  u more when she logs on.

Good one Justwise! smiley

@Annekix - congratulations! BHC says on average they take 10-15 working days but in reality it is anything from 3 to 60 working days! Enjoy your new life in the UK - study well and remember whee you came from! wink

BABABABA:

@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise

i have a visa letter from a college in London and the qualification that was listed on my visa letter are my Ordinary level qualification and HND qaulification,i told the college i dont want my OND qualification to be listed on the visa letter becos all i ve got as a prove of having an OND qualification from my school is just a notification of result,i was unable to get my OND transcript and certificate.pls what are the implications of showing just O level cert and HND Cert without any prove of OND certificate if i shld go ahead and apply for a student visa under the PBS?pls i need advice

Try and get the university to remove the OND details from the visa letter, sometimes the BHC can nitpick these things and they have told you they have the right to refuse you if you don't submit all details listed on your visa letter.
chygo4u:

@ell77
Thanks 4 your advice.

I was refused entry visa twice last year Sept and Dec.when I applied for my MSC studies in the UK. And since then i just gave up but with the introduction of tier 4, I believe things will be much easier now.

I was refused on the grounds of insufficient information of my sponsor's source of income, my sponsor was my Uncle.
Am thinking of applying next yr.
My question is, will they be interested in the source of the fund in my account?

thanks.

If the money is in your account, the source is not important to them. just make sure you meet all the other critieria - I hope you were not rejected for fraud or any offense or this will impact your application.

shakur01:

@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise

I want to thank you guys for the great job you have been doing by restoring hopes to most questions asked. My Question(1)Is there age limitation for undergraduate studies,and Question(2)If i pay 1000 pounds deposit required by the college out of 3000 pounds,do i still stand a good chance of getting Visa?

There is not really an age limit for undergraduate study. Some universities may have their own criteria especially for certain courses like medicine (I believe some say 50 or 60 years for this course), but in general there is no limit. Your school may or may not require a depsoit from you before they issue you an unconditional offer letter and visa letter. You need to show UKBA you have enough to pay your tuition fees and maintenance fees. The money you don't pay the university you must show has been available in your account (or your financial sponsor i.e. parents) for at least three months before applying.

shakur01:

@johnkent

Thanx for the reply.But you don't still get my point because what i meant by changing my information is that i will tell them in my application form that i never apply before,because i want to use the age on my school result,which is different from my previous application in 2004 and beside am using the new E-Passport

@Shakur - this is fraud. You must make sure all your documents are correct and reflect the truth or risk a ten year ban, perhaps worse. You have been advised well by joxiri and johnkent - heed this advice.

@Siena - Thanks man, just trying to contribute like you! Thanks for the sticky suggestion too, I'd still be offline if not for you! big thanks to Disguy also grin

miz4oxley:

@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise
@cvibe

I will like you to read this carefully, Last year I applied for a student visa and was refused due to soem reasons reasons and I was given the right to appeal, i appealed and I won the appeal, It was allowed september and the embassy called me to come with my sponsors, Updated account statement and my visa letter from my school. I submitted this and was told to come back afetr 1 week i went and the visa was refused on the note that they called my sponsor and he said he knows nobody of such(me) and I was given another right of appeal which i did, But to my surprise i got their mail by post that they got my letter late and the case is dismissed. My first application was packaged by an agent who provided the statement and other documents except my visa letter, he used some one elses account to pose as an uncle,So now I will like to make another application but will like to know is there no problem as this is a new genuine sponsor who is my uncle but not same surname, and i'm using his account for the application with legal backups to show he really want to sponsor me. And I hope there can be any ban issue.2) I am not making any school fee payment to the school and can i fill that on the maintenance space of the application and i hope it has nothing to do to my marks? Please help cos in my 1st application they did not talk about school fee as I told my school i will be paying on arrival. Please help me,  I want to make a new application with new genuine sponsor. How can I overcome the maintenance 10point as I will be paying on arrival what do you think, all the reasons stated in my first application before tier 4 was never about payment or fees and I never made any payment?

under new regulation, only your parents can sponsor you financially as relatives. Otherwise you need an official financial sponsor i.e. an institution or business defined by UKBA, see elsewhere on this thread for more details or the UKBA website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by miz4oxley(m): 10:44am On Nov 23, 2009
@ell77
Do you mean my uncle can't sponsor with legal back ups, But they said one guardian can check their rules man.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by chigsmith: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2009
Pls house can anyone advise me on this.
which one of these univ. has a higher accademic standard especially in the Engineering field.
Univ. Of Huddersfield and Birmingham city univ.
I want to commite my self financially but dont know d school to chose
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:54am On Nov 24, 2009
chigsmith:

Pls house can anyone advise me on this.
which one of these univ. has a higher accademic standard especially in the Engineering field.
Univ. Of Huddersfield and Birmingham city univ.
I want to commite my self financially but dont know d school to chose

Interms of ranking Birmingham city univ ranked higher than Huddersfield though they both in top 100 ranked Uni here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 10:22am On Nov 24, 2009
miz4oxley:

@ell77
Do you mean my uncle can't sponsor with legal back ups, But they said one guardian can check their rules man.

It depends on what you mean by 'legal back ups', what I meant was the only 'blood relatives' that can automatically sponsor you are your parents. Here is what the UKBA has to say:

Following a review of the maintenance (funds) requirements under Tier 4, we have extended this provision beyond the Tier 4 (Child) Student category, so that Tier 4 (General) Students may give evidence of having the required maintenance (funds) for their course fees and living costs using money held by one of the student’s parent(s)/ legal guardian(s).

The specified original legal documentation (or a notarised copy) establishing the relationship must be provided with the application, which must include one of:
• The applicant’s birth certificate, showing name of the parent(s) showing the funds;
• Certificate of adoption showing the name of the student and the parent(s) showing the funds;
• Court document stating the name of the legal guardian(s) of the named student showing the funds.

and

Students must also provide an original signed and dated letter from the parent(s) or legal guardian showing the funds when they submit their application form, confirming
• the relationship between the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) and the named student; and
• that the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have given their consent to the funds being available to the student for study in the UK

Please be careful about the legal guardian issue, it does not merely mean your guardian signing a contract with you, he will have had to go to court as you can see. I assumed you were either over 18 or your parents were still your guardians, if so I was not sure how you got legal guardianship from someone else. but if you have the things the UKBA stated to prove this guardianship - you will be fine! grin Hope they have not written fraud on your past application because of what that dodgy agent did to you? undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slim101(m): 12:49am On Nov 25, 2009
I really appreaciate this thread.I appliead b4 PBS era. My application was denied cos I used two sponsors (my bro's accnt who's in the US and my mom's accnt). My bro printed his statement from the internet and sent it. The major reason for refusal is that I submited a "copy" of one of my sponsors.
I have not gotten the letter from AIT as regards my appeal refusal.(My bro went to his bank and got an original statement and even a letter from his account officer). So, I am yet the know the reason for my appeal dismissal.

I'm thinking of submitting my Mom's statement with letter from her that she's paying my tuition. (I've paid 1000 GBP from my tuition )The remaining is just 3000pounds.

* I also want to know if it matters if your School is "B" rated on the Tier4 sponsors register. My school is London College of Business and Computer Studies and I applied for Pg dip in I.T

NLanders pls help out here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ella1: 2:08pm On Nov 28, 2009
@ ell77 lets just say its a dedication to ur name lol, @ Every1 in the forum.I have a situation here I want to apply for my student visa but I am so confused about the 28days thing, I really want to know if its working or normal 28days. Suggestions r welcome from pple who ve applied and gotten theirs. thanxx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BABABABA: 9:46am On Dec 01, 2009
I thank God,I got my student visa today and also i will like to use this medium to express my sincere appreciation to evry body that has contributed to this thread becos it has really help me in successful visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by EAsY6: 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2009
BABABABA:

I thank God,I got my student visa today and also i will like to use this medium to express my sincere appreciation to evry body that has contributed to this thread becos it has really help me in successful visa application

Congrats! grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BABABABA: 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2009
@ea$y

Thanks Ea$y
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Sonye(f): 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2009
please does anyone know the url for tier 4 policy guidance? I am filling the pbs form and i am a bit stuck. question 4.3 asks me for the primary site of study. does anyone know what that actually means? also, the part 6 is a bit scary. the question 6.8 says you must have max 9 months.but again, it says calculate 800 pounds and the number of months of the length of my course (which is 12 months). do i put down 7200 (as stated the minimum) or enter 9200 (as 12 months of my study times 800)
please i need urgent help. i am submitting this week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2009
Sonye:

please does anyone know the url for tier 4 policy guidance? I am filling the pbs form and i am a bit stuck. question 4.3 asks me for the primary site of study. does anyone know what that actually means? also, the part 6 is a bit scary. the question 6.8 says you must have max 9 months.but again, it says calculate 800 pounds and the number of months of the length of my course (which is 12 months). do i put down 7200 (as stated the minimum) or enter 9200 (as 12 months of my study times 800)

Go to Uk border agency website, click on studying in the uk, when it opens click on Adult students then at the right hand side of it u will see guidance for all sorts of applications
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by flekan(m): 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2009
Sonye:

1) question 4.3 asks me for the primary site of study. does anyone know what that actually means?
Your primary site of study is the address of the school where you will be studying.

2) the question 6.8 says you must have max 9 months.but again, it says calculate 800 pounds and the number of months of the length of my course (which is 12 months). do i put down 7200 (as stated the minimum) or enter 9200 (as 12 months of my study times 800).

The length of your course will be 9 months and not 12 months (excluding holidays). So you are to multiply 800 pounds by 9 (months) If your planning on studying inside the inner London boroughs) or 600 pounds by 9 (months) If your planning on studying outside the inner London boroughs.

N.B.  If the length of your course if 2 years, you are to multiply the 9 (months) by 2.

Inside The Inner London Boroughs
Course length 1 year : 800 multiply by 9 (months) = 7200 pounds
Course length 2 years : 800 multiply by 18 (months) =14,400 pounds

Outside The Inner London Boroughs
Course length 1 year : 600 multiply by 9 (months) = 5,400 pounds
Course length 2 years : 600 multiply by 18 (months) =10,800 pounds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by delarontus(f): 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
@ Sonye: If your course is 9 months or less (Inner London) = U need course fees and £800 for each calendar month of the course up to 9 months i.e £7,200. Outer London = course fees and £600 for 9 months i.e £5,400.

If your course is more than 9 months (Inner London) = 1st year of fees, or for continuing students fees for next period of study and £7,200. Outer London = 1st year of fees and £5,400.

U don't need to multiply by 12 or by the number of years u're studying.

Inner London includes Camden, Islington, Southwark, City of London, Kensington and Chelsea, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Lambeth, Wandsworth, Hammersmith and Fulham, Lewisham, Westminster, Haringey or Newham.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by flekan(m): 9:53pm On Dec 02, 2009
@ Sonye

You are to calculate based on the number of months you entered in Question 6.1
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Phong: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2009
Hi everyone, my student visa has just refused sad The reason is I don't have translation of Graduated Certificate. So my attribute points is 0/30 :| Anyway, i can solve it.
However, My fund points also is 0/10 sad. But they just explain blow that " Points awarded as claimed ". I don't know what does it meant. That meant i got Points awarded = 10 like Points Claimed or what going wrong with my fund. I have more than 7200 pound in my bank acc.
I really need every help to understand it.
Thx everyone !!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2009
Hello Guys, Please i have a lil problem i got a visa letter from my college on 23rd of Nov, but my course starts 18th Jan 2010 late arrivals are permitted to 20 days after the course start date, I have made the full payments of tuition fee and i have 2 million naira (£7500) in my account for maintainance cost because i intend to study in london, my problem is i just deposited the money to my account on 20th of Nov, which i can't get the statement until 20th of Dec,

My Questions?

1. Is it too late to apply for visa on 21st of Dec ?
2. Is it right to deposit the £7500 in full for just 1 month before application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2009
monixl:

Hello Guys, Please i have a lil problem i got a visa letter from my college on 23rd of Nov, but my course starts 18th Jan 2010 late arrivals are permitted to 20 days after the course start date, I have made the full payments of tuition fee and i have 2 million naira (£7500) in my account for maintainance cost because i intend to study in london, my problem is i just deposited the money to my account on 20th of Nov, which i can't get the statement until 20th of Dec,
My Questions?
1. Is it too late to apply for visa on 21st of Dec ?
2. Is it right to deposit the £7500 in full for just 1 month before application?
Since late arrival is allowed 20days then go on and apply as long as u have all the original documents required

The rule says the money must be in ur a/c for 28days untouched b4 ur application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ Justwise Thanks for the response, I have all the required documents i.e Passport, WAEC Certificate, Visa Letter, Visa Fee, Biometric, Application form, 1 passport photograph and the Bank statement. Please advice if i need to add any other documents, Please note that i have not been lodging that kind of amount in my account in the past i just put in 20,000 or 5,000 sometimes, but i have the full maintanance cost there now, I understand that i cant book for accomodation until i get the visa, how long does it takes to get my visa if i apply on 21st of dec? Please kindly advice me about my application i dont want to make any mistake , its my first time, also i have used my passport to travel to west africa countries several times and tanzania once , i hope it wont affect my application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2009
monixl:

@ Justwise Thanks for the response, I have all the required documents i.e Passport, WAEC Certificate, Visa Letter, Visa Fee, Biometric, Application form, 1 passport photograph and the Bank statement. Please advice if i need to add any other documents, Please note that i have not been lodging that kind of amount in my account in the past i just put in 20,000 or 5,000 sometimes, but i have the full maintanance cost there now, I understand that i cant book for accomodation until i get the visa, how long does it takes to get my visa if i apply on 21st of dec? Please kindly advice me about my application i dont want to make any mistake , its my first time, also i have used my passport to travel to west africa countries several times and tanzania once , i hope it wont affect my application
If ur parents are sponsoring u then u need to add a letter from them insuring the BHC that they will be responsible for all ur financial needs through out ur stay in the UK.

Sometimes u will be asked to check after 10 working days after submission but with xmas holiday in mind, it could take longer.

Traveling to other african countries will not be a prob infact it should be an added advantage
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
I dont understand that , I already have £ 7500 in my account with mty name, Do you mean i still need a letter from my parents as sponsors? I'm applying as adult student not child student
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2009
monixl:

I dont understand that , I already have £ 7500 in my account with mty name, Do you mean i still need a letter from my parents as sponsors? I'm applying as adult student not child student

I know the a/c is in your name but u need sponsor's letter IF somebody is sponsoring u, but if u are sponsoring urself then u need to convince them that the money is urs, maybe u were employed b4 or u runing your own business then u have papers to prove it.

Just to show that u will have access to that money when u come to the UK, that u did not just borrow the money and paid into ur a/c just to get the visa then return it to the owner. i'm not suggesting that u did that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by monixl: 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2009
Okay, My sister paid the money to my account but if u feel or think its neccessary to get a sponsor letter from her i can get that, what documents do i need it to get in support of this? What i read about PBS is that:

1. 30 Points for visa letter.
2. 10 Points for maintainance cost. (£ 7200)

I think the issue of sponsor letter comes in when you are using your parents or legal guardian's account for application

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.