Stats: 3,143,365 members, 7,781,000 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:15 AM

7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job (15887 Views)

Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad / Why Studying Abroad Is Not Difficult / 7 Reasons Why Polytechnic Students Are Rated 2nd Class Student. (2) (3) (4)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by Unclerukus: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
EduRegard:
I beg to disagree, atleast there is always an upper hand compared compared to local schooling.
it's no more a guarantee. Saw a jobless engineer who schooled in England, he's been jobless for like 2 years. Hopeless and frustrated. Mind you, he went to a good ranking University with good grades. Getting jobs nowadays involves, racketeering, Grace of God or very good and uncommon certifications.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by Mypeople2(m): 4:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jidibia:
This topic is dead on arrival. Was it not yesterday someone posted on this platform that he spent more than 6million naira for his Masters Degree programme abroad, and he is still unemployed? The painful aspect was that he sold his late dad's land property to pay for the fee.
The OP did not read it.Leave them, let them continue to deceive themselves with this kind of trash.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by afroxyz: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
In this day and age where the emphasis should be on job creation, OP is still promoting studying abroad. Only for such people to come back and be dragging for the non-existent job. SMh
Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by stephylolo: 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
I totally agree wt Williams, ds abroad syndrome s causing alot of brain drain in our Naija.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by tosyne2much(m): 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
WilliamXII:

Dear Sir,
this post should have a "Learning View"...what about those who cannot afford to school in this wonderful utopias of cultural integration and decorum.
It is only when we have retired this abroadian way of reasoning and try making our country investor and industry friendly that we would achieve some sort of parity in terms of employment.
Studying abroad is not a "sure-banker" route to gainfully paid employment in Nigeria...it can be compared to winning a visa lottery making anyone a happy "abroadian".

The post is correct in so many ways but have failed to convince me that getting lynched in the streets of Moscow or that of Belgrade will ensure me a guaranteed job in Nigeria.

Digressing a bit, if we gather all the resources used to send all our "brained" students abroad to get most of these notable academicians from the land of the "abroadians" to a central prime academic government institution in Nigeria; tell me if the products from such institutions will not be world class.

As a card-carrying "dialist" working in the land of the "abroadians" I say "The race is not unto the swift...".
I humbly ask that I don't get trolled.
Best regard,
WilliamXII.

p.s. I reserve the right to edit my post to reflect my current state of mind... egbukwalam biko!
Wisely said bro
Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by tosyne2much(m): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
toprealman:
OP if I were to be your lecturer, I will score you 10% on this piece you wrote with a note that you should see me in my office with your parents.
hahaha lmao cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by Khez: 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
lie of the devil,

no job o , ask ayo my friend with both bsc and msc from The Manchester Uni with even 1st class,oga no job for over 1year now o ,his even getting frustrated
EduRegard:
I beg to disagree, atleast there is always an upper hand compared compared to local schooling.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by Ugosample(m): 12:18am On Aug 30, 2016
The OP is spot on.

It's just that the Nigerian situation is terrible, that's it.

Many Chinese, Indian and Indonesian students who come here to get an education end up doing well when they go home.

So it is not that the idea is bad, but the country is messed up.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by fattbabakay(m): 1:23am On Sep 23, 2016
EduRegard:
[size=14pt]Butressing the topic; here are [url=eduregard.com/10-reasons-study-abroad/]Some 10 More Reasons Why You Should Study Abroad[/url].

Here are some other related study abroad publications :

The Ultimate Study Abroad Guide You've Been Looking For

All You Should Know About Study Abroad Scholarships - Secret Unveiled

Top 10 Best Countries For Nigerian Students To Study Abroad

[url=eduregard.com/how-to-study-abroad-without-toeflielts-for-international-students/]How To Study Abroad Without TOEFL/IELTS for International Students[/url]

[url=eduregard.com/study-abroad-apply-free-tuition-universities-germany/]Study Abroad - Apply For Free Tuition Universities in Germany[/url]

Hope this helps. Thanks.
[/size]
Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by ibraheemtolu: 7:39pm On May 02, 2017
Re: 7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job by ibraheemtolu: 7:45pm On May 02, 2017
Take a Bold step!!!! Be in the future you envision.

Is your goal to have a degree that gives you an edge in a competitive world?

Do you aim to study in a World Class/High Ranking University in the UK, USA, Canada and more?

Do you have a low Budget and would need a job while studying abroad?

Worry No More!!!! EduBureau will help you make those dreams a reality.
With our seasoned and experienced admission/visa experts you are guaranteed admission and offers to suit ur needs with ZERO stress.

Visit any of our offices:

Lagos: 1st floor, Capwire House, 19, Sinari Daranijo Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Phone: 09081687715, 08025358049.
www.edubureau.com

Port-Harcourt: Plot152, NTA Road, Port-Harcourt.
Phone: 08186676216, 09031633990.
www.edubureau.com

13 Types Of Students You See In Every Classroom / Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt / 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities