Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) (39690 Views)

Gani Adams Rolling On The Floor In Church During Thanksgiving (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by plaetton: 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO HIS MAJESTY, AS A TRUE SON OF YORUBALAND I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS IN ANYWAY AND I SEE IT AS DISRESPECT TO THE THRONE. THE OONI IS A "TRADITIONAL" RULER NOT A "RELIGIOUS" RULER angry angry

I really can't understand this perversion of African tradition for middle East trash religion.

I weep.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by joe4real12: 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kaira333:
Machete with two faces wink
=sword grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by blaqiz: 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
This my Oga is serving two masters almost the same time

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Bakbillz44(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
Sold out! Fold my hands and shake my head
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by jordinsparkles(f): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO HIS MAJESTY, AS A TRUE SON OF YORUBALAND I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS IN ANYWAY AND I SEE IT AS DISRESPECT TO THE THRONE. THE OONI IS A "TRADITIONAL" RULER NOT A "RELIGIOUS" LEADER angry angry
and so what if he is a traditional ruler, are you saying that because he is a traditional ruler he shouldn't serve his God. Abeg think well...

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Cmoyor: 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
i laff in Kenya.... church don turn semi-palace.... na God know person wey dey serve am
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by abokibuhari: 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO HIS MAJESTY, AS A TRUE SON OF YORUBALAND I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS IN ANYWAY AND I SEE IT AS DISRESPECT TO THE THRONE. THE OONI IS A "TRADITIONAL" RULER NOT A "RELIGIOUS" LEADER angry angry
onni no get level
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by agwom(m): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
People worship God in difference ways..

Watch this funny video below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ude9DaBbEw
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Abeymills(m): 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
He knows d awsomenes n supremacy of God almighty

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Cubeet2: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
So Nice

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
blueto:
this comment of yours correlates with the comment made by one of King David's wifes against King David's action of singing and dancing to God. She accused the king of condescension by dancing to God. And because of it, a malediction was placed on her.

Every one is equal in the sight of God. He is not signing for a fellow Human, but he is signing to God Almighty, who created Him, and the Heavens and The Earth. The King Of Kings!.
I don't think you have a clue on the significance of his office as Ooni....

BTW God can't be mocked, you can't serve God and Mammon and you can't serve two masters at the same time (According to Christian Bible)

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by naijaking1: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:

Another Yoruba muslim up to no good

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by soberkid: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
jordinsparkles:
and so what if he is a traditional ruler, are you saying that because he is a traditional ruler he shouldn't serve his God. Abeg think well...

If you "think well" young lady, you will realize that we have the "traditional" way of worshipping God!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by yedidiah(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
ifa and Christ are two immiscible entities

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by hurricaneChris: 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
Self delusioned niggaz here be telling strangers how yorubas dont give fhuck about your religion.

Read the comments up there, or better still come to my office and see how some Redeemed guys avoid muslims like disease. Especially during ramadan.

This Ooni is Bugari's rival in travelling

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by lordkhalifa(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
timidapsin:
DOWNLOAD VIDEO HERE
abeg somei should help me answer this question

Oba ooni-ogunwusi of ife village , sorry I mean kingdom, is he a .......... ?
(a) Christian
(b) Muslim
(c) Traditionalist
(e) All of the above

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
If gods truly exist, the gods of ife would be making incisions on their whips right now. grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Richy4(m): 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
I do not see anything wrong with a traditional leader worshipping God...

Those traditional leaders in the north got a throne in their respective states just like the Ooni.. at the same time they go to mosque...

Solomon in the bible was a ruler just like the ooni, at the same time he worshiped God in the temple...In fact he prayed one of the best prayer ever, when he was dedicating the Temple...

so i cannot find his sins or crime...

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by ebenholer(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
He has known the source of strength and success, do not be surprised when he rules while others follow. His kingdom shall know no boundary and his popularity shall cross over Nigeria alone, just because he honored God. Same with Biblical David, and he was a great success in his time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Atigba: 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
Who crown this madman
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Toks2008(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
Zoharariel:
Whoever crowned this charlatan & spoilt brat as the Ooni of ife is a bastard & a disgrace to the culture & tradition of the Yoruba land.

This is what happens when the stool is sold to the highest bidder.

Now, “Gboromidelerus of Jesus our saviour” - quote me & receive the flaming javelin of Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale straight to the heart.

Were no bobo yi o.

So he has don't wrong for leading praise and worship to the king of all kings.

That ogunlakaye you are calling is a dumb God before Jehovah..joker

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by sobastical: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
Footstep of Pope... NWO movement
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by HolarQD(m): 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
Zoharariel:
Whoever crowned this charlatan & spoilt brat as the Ooni of ife is a bastard & a disgrace to the culture & tradition of the Yoruba land.

Now, “Gboromidelerus of Jesus our saviour” - quote me & receive the flaming javelin of Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale straight to the heart.
Like seriously this is a big slap to the face of our dear culture.........................

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

BTW God can't be mocked, you can't serve God and Mammon and you can't serve two masters at the same time (According to Christian Bible)
please can you paraphrase and enlighten me on the bolded?

just a synopsis.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Btruth: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:
Traditional ruler?.... , where King of all kings dey? Anyway, the Ooni is a wise king.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Malakh: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
xtianity is paganism, so I dont see anything wrong in regards to a Pagan honoring paganism
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by hadura29(m): 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
Zoharariel:

Bros, do you know that the late Ooni's wife had a chapel in the palace?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
blueto:
please can you paraphrase and enlighten me on the bolded?

just a synopsis.
As Ooni, he is the custodian of Yoruba tradition and culture. He is the head of Yoruba traditional religion and it is sacrilegious for him to uphold any other traditional practice(like Christianity or Islam).

The Queen of British Kingdom CANNOT worship in a mosque or a Pentecostal Church, for the fact that she is the Head of Church of England.

The Pope CANNOT worship in a mosque or Pentecostal Church by virtue of his office as number one Catholic.

Same is expected of Ooni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by AK481(m): 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
God is our strength

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by BABANGBALI: 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kabiyesi just dey do in the mix.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

As Ooni, he is the custodian of Yoruba tradition and culture. He is the head of Yoruba traditional religion and it is sacrilegious for him to uphold any other traditional practice(like Christianity or Islam).

The Queen of British Kingdom CANNOT worship in a mosque or a Pentecostal Church, for the fact that she is the Head of Church of England.

The Pope CANNOT worship in a mosque or Pentecostal Church by virtue of his office as number one Catholic.

Same is expected of Ooni
This is why I don't maintain absolute concord with consensus and norms, because people are easily swayed and mislead by such. Everyone has right to volition, so I believe the king has the jurisdiction to make atypical mutation to those traditions and customs that tends to constrain them.

In my Candid opinion, It is time Nigerians relinquishes these traditions and embrace the Freewill that God has conferred on us Human.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Btruth: 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Please read 2nd Kings 5:17-19. Been a traditional ruler doesn't mean that you cannot worship the Almighty God, the King of kings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Tiv Brides In Their Costume / Izuchukwu Nwajiaku Dies In Malaysia (Eze Ndigbo 1 Of Malaysia) / The Myth About Wall Geckos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.