Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) (39683 Views)

Gani Adams Rolling On The Floor In Church During Thanksgiving (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by CodeHouse: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
freshvine:
The OBA of Lagos is a Muslim, the ooni of ife is a Christian.

The Oba of Ilaro in Ogun State is a pastor, I was there yesterday in the church he worships and yes you got your first like from me grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by vigasimple(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
nhiyo:
Some guys didn't even bother watching the Video, pls do before u start criticising HRH. This Video was taking in the Palace and the song doesn't sound like a church song to me undecided

GBAM. Thank you
majority of people commenting here did not play the youtube channel to hear that the songs are not about Christianity or Islam or Ifa. They were just gyrating.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by ibedun: 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
THIS MAN SHOULD BE DETHRONED AND BEHEADED IMMEDIATELY. DIDNT THEY DO THEIR HOMEWORK BEFORE THIS IDIOT WAS CORONATED?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Lightening: 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO HIS MAJESTY, AS A TRUE SON OF YORUBALAND I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS IN ANYWAY AND I SEE IT AS DISRESPECT TO THE THRONE. THE OONI IS A "TRADITIONAL" RULER NOT A "RELIGIOUS" LEADER angry angry

Hope he did not forget to remove his juju to avoid clash of powers
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by obua: 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO HIS MAJESTY, AS A TRUE SON OF YORUBALAND I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS IN ANYWAY AND I SEE IT AS DISRESPECT TO THE THRONE. THE OONI IS A "TRADITIONAL" RULER NOT A "RELIGIOUS" LEADER angry angry
when devil will be flogging him in hell, can the Yoruba race save him. Queen Elizabeth's brother decided to forget about kingship by marrying a divorcee !
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by rlauncher(m): 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
HolarQD:

Like seriously this is a big slap to the face of our dear culture.........................
Sango and Obatala strike to death all those involve in installing the mumu as Ooni

Those gods are dead as far as Jehovah God is concerned.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by crestedguy(m): 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
agarawu23:
This man sha
bros wetin do the Oni,do you know what religion is,it is when a body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices .No one should judge and condemn,at least he shows what he does openly without hiding anything,peoples thinking is very myopic, while people that come to this forum to condemn,have different gods they worship,before the religion of the white men, there is what we call isebaiye, for the fact that he is Ooni today, doen not mean he should neglect his creator
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by rlauncher(m): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
AK481:
that will not stop his head from beheaded,his liver and heart removed from his corpse and given to the next ooni of ife to eat if he dies.

you know all these and yet you accepted.....where are the oyomesi and the iyami oshoroga,hope they are also seeing their king.

All these evil practices about and around the throne will end one day.I believe the time has come.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by agarawu23(m): 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
crestedguy:
bros wetin do the Oni,do you know what religion is,it is when a body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices .No one should judge and condemn,at least he shows what he does openly without hiding anything,peoples thinking is very myopic, while people that come to this forum to condemn,have different gods they worship,before the religion of the white men, there is what we call isebaiye, for the fact that he is Ooni today, doen not mean he should neglect his creator
i didn't condemn him.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by SURElee(f): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
So he sat down for praise and worship? He is now too big to stand to praise and worship God? Anyway not downloading any video.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by ChynoBEATS: 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
Zoharariel:
Whoever crowned this charlatan & spoilt brat as the Ooni of ife is a bastard & a disgrace to the culture & tradition of the Yoruba land.

This is what happens when the stool is sold to the highest bidder.

Now, “Gboromidelerus of Jesus our saviour” - quote me & receive the flaming javelin of Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale straight to the heart.

Shurrup jor..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by rlauncher(m): 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
oduastates:
Proudly Yorùbá
August 12 at 9:47am ·
In Yoruba language, human being is called Eniyan. This means "the chosen being (Eni Ayan)." There is no one chosen (Jesus, Neo, Muhammad, etc) as other Infant Religions claim. Each of us are chosen to become a living deity, Orisa.
So what becomes of a human being who rejects their divine duty to become a living deity? They are no longer truly human beings, eniyan. They are then just flesh and blood like any animal. In fact, that is what they reduce themselves to being--an animal. In the system of Europoidsupremacism, this Black animal becomes the premier Beast of Burden.
When the Europoid said the Black was a beast of burden who was only 3/5th human being, this upset the Black because that is exactly what he was allowing himself to be. This still infuriates Black people to hear because it's still true based on our INACTION to become full human beings like our great ancestors.
Being a human being (eniyan) is not something you can claim from birth. It is similar as the difference between being an adult male and being a true man. You have to live up to the right to be called a man and to be called eniyan (human being). You don't claim it just by your words but your ACTIONS.
In IFA: Yoruba Scientific Spirituality , to be eniyan you're required to be a vessel for God. If your self-image of God doesn't look like you, then you cannot claim to be a vessel for God. If you are Black yet bow down to an image of God that is not Black (this includes pink, beige, or yellow), you disgust the deity within and the god will vacate your blasphemous body. God will never use a beast of burden as his vessel. It is because most Blacks adopt foreign gods that the inner-deity leaves them and they are reduced to being 3/5ths a human being.
The Inner-God is not interested in your complaints about the Europoid and Arab oppressing you, so save that for politics. Olodumare gave you the power to become ORISA! It is your Ori-Orun, divine-mind also known as the god-self. As a living god, no one can oppress you without you letting them!!!!
Become Eniyan, the true Human Being who is a divine vessel for the LORD OF THE UNIVERSE, OLODUMARE.
Yoruba Scientific Spirituality

I totally disagree with your philosophical approach to the definition of man as a human being. or image of God.

The truth is that it was traditional religion that made our people 3/5th humans. In fact our people were carried away into slavery while adherents of those dumb religions. The traditional religion could not save our people from being subjugated by the white man.

It was not until we began to lean the way of the white man that we began to fight for our independence from the white man's rule.

Our traditional religions made us believe that the white man is superior while the bible made it clear that all men are created in God's image and equal in every way.

Superiority only exist at the level of acquired knowledge.

Right now , most white people no longer believe that they are superior to the Blackman because the gap in acquired knowledge between the races have been bridged.

This would not have been possible if our people had held on to the traditional religion that kept them in the dark for centuries.

It is not your religion modern or traditional that made you a Yoruba but your blood.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by SURElee(f): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
[email][/email]ySo he sat down for praise and worship? He is now too big to stand to praise and worship God? Anyway not downloading any video.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Eeroh95(m): 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:
eyah E pain you ooo

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by shegz24(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
To the critics abeg is religion the same as tradition?
Now if u are a Christian and u somehow become king does that mean u should denounce ur religion?
Finally, where is it written in the holy book(Bible) that a Christian musnt be a king.
if my memory serves me right some of the greatest men in the bible were kings, David, Saul, Solomon etc.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by ooshinibos: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
just to be clear , this is not Christian worship , this is Yoruba ariya dance , I did not hear the name of Jesus being magnified ..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by zeembab(m): 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:

YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER THAN HIM ABI ?

THE ONI KNOWS THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE ALMIGHTY GOD...THE KING OF KING ...AND THE LORD OF LORDS.

THE EARLIER HE ACKNOWLEDGES HIM BY PAYING OBEYANCE TO HIM, THE BETTER. WHO KNOWS GOD MIGHT BE KIND OF YORUBA RACE THROUGH HIM.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by zeembab(m): 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
rlauncher:

ALL THIS YOUR CHRONICLES ON IFA IS UTTER RUBBISH.....PLEASE GOOGLE THE BOOK OF ENOCH AND GET A CLEARER UNDERSTANDING OF THE TRUE AND HIDDEN STORIES OF THE GOD, SONS OF GOD AND NEPHILIMS ( FALLEN ANGELS ). ALL THE IFA AND THE DEITIES BEING WORSHIPED ARE NOTHING BUT FALLING ANGELS.

THE TRUE GOD ALMIGHTY.....THE MIGHTY MAN IN BATTLE....THE I AM ...I AM...ROSE OF SHARON....LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDE.

WORSHIPING GOD IS NOT ABOUT COLOR OF THE SKIN, BUT ACKNOWLEDGING HIS SUPREMACY. ITS ON RECORD THAT THE LAST ONI SOUGHT GOD WHEN HE WAS ABOUT TO DIE, ALL THOSE IRUNMOLE FAILED HIM. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT FALLING ANGELS. THE TRUE GOD NEVER FAILS.

THE ONI HAS ACKNOWLEDGED HIM .....HE IS NOT STUPID. PLS SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH AND IT SHALL SET YOUR FREE.

I totally disagree with your philosophical approach to the definition of man as a human being. or image of God.

The truth is that it was traditional religion that made our people 3/5th humans. In fact our people were carried away into slavery while adherents of those dumb religions. The traditional religion could not save our people from being subjugated by the white man.

It was not until we began to lean the way of the white man that we began to fight for our independence from the white man's rule.

Our traditional religions made us believe that the white man is superior while the bible made it clear that all men are created in God's image and equal in every way.

=======================================================================================

Superiority only exist at the level of acquired knowledge.

Right now , most white people no longer believe that they are superior to the Blackman because the gap in acquired knowledge between the races have been bridged.

This would not have been possible if our people had held on to the traditional religion that kept them in the dark for centuries.

It is not your religion modern or traditional that made you a Yoruba but your blood.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by wemcy2(m): 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by AJJ17(m): 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:

When did it become wrong for a traditional ruler to sing praises to God?
Even the so called traditionalist know there is a God,they call him Eledumare,..I can decide to address him as Arugbo ojo...Ancient of Days.
Please lets leave the man alone abeg,their IFA chose him ,he didn't vie for the post,,,he must have also given his condition to accept to sit on that throne,one of which could be him being allowed to stay a christian.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Orikinla(m): 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
[size=14pt]No matter which rank you have on earth, a man must remove his cap, hat or crown to worship the Almighty God JEHOVAH.
Failure to do so is rebellion.
Oni must remove his crown to worship God.[/size]
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by xtervaganza(m): 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
Whoever made this fool King has not only betryaed himself but he has betrayed his father, heritage and the whole of Yoruba land.

Quite disgraceful from the custodian of our land and the 2nd to the deity.

Ooni should know he's greater than jesus
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Damdeok(m): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
Dis absurd, is like been disrespectful to his maker, you have to stand up and sing the songs.God is not a respecter man, it doesn't matter your status you are in the presence of king of all Kings.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
zeembab:

THE ONI KNOWS THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE ALMIGHTY GOD...THE KING OF KING ...AND THE LORD OF LORDS.

Ofcourse! And it is that same god that compelled him to eat the “heart” of his predecessor (the former Ooni).

Wait! The ritual he performed on the street of Washington DC too was in reverence of Yahweh? Oponu!

naijagists.com/photos-americans-call-911-as-ooni-of-ife-performs-rituals-at-washington-dc-african-museum/

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Lastine: 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
Zoharariel:
Whoever crowned this charlatan & spoilt brat as the Ooni of ife is a bastard & a disgrace to the culture & tradition of the Yoruba land.

Now, “Gboromidelerus of Jesus our saviour” - quote me & receive the flaming javelin of Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale straight to the heart.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Lastine: 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
xtervaganza:
Whoever made this fool King has not only betryaed himself but he has betrayed his father, heritage and the whole of Yoruba land.

Quite disgraceful from the custodian of our land and the 2nd to the deity.

Ooni should know he's greater than jesus

I can see you are a dumbass... I hope you are not visited with the wrath of God for saying that. All in the name of getting popularity, you wan end your life abruptly. Enjoy being dumb for life sha
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by olisaEze(m): 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
As custodian of tradition of the Yoruba race are you people more knowledgeable than he is in the practice? If he feels it's ok to worship anywhere, who here can say that he knows and practices the tradition better than the Ooni does? Except if the people calling n cussing him out truly believe that the earth was formed from kolanut and fowl scratch!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by farem: 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
soberkid:
If na chanting of "allau - akbaru", you will see him as a devout moslem. Isn't? Have Have you taken you time with Alaafin of Oyo or Awujale of Ijebu Ode.

See, he is not just a traditional ruler, he is the Royal majesty of Ile-Ife whose subjects are majorly Christians by profession.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by farem: 11:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
Toks2008:

Were no bobo yi o.

So he has don't wrong for leading praise and worship to the king of all kings.

That ogunlakaye you are calling is a dumb God before Jehovah..joker
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by farem: 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
codemaniacs:

so Nigerians should dump their traditions for another that was used to deprive and rob their ancestors

Who has deceived you with this postulation of yours?

Kindly let's have the origin and dates of these your - so-called indigenous gods via a vis the beginning of Christianity in Africa. Except and unless you don't know the meaning of INDIGENOUS.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by farem: 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
ibedun:
THIS MAN SHOULD BE DETHRONED AND BEHEADED IMMEDIATELY. DIDNT THEY DO THEIR HOMEWORK BEFORE THIS IDIOT WAS CORONATED?

You can as well help your lame duck gods,. Or you need to help them see that error.?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Leads In Worship In Church During Service (video) by Bishop(m): 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
Zoharariel:

The traditionist who were there before you were born says the king is the custodian of culture he does not own it,some even says he is the second in command to eledumare they didnt say he is eledumare.....I think you need to recieve sense from your Ogun laakaye oshinmale.Because Jesus reigns supreme and there is nothing you sons devil and its followers can do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Myth About Wall Geckos / Izuchukwu Nwajiaku Dies In Malaysia (Eze Ndigbo 1 Of Malaysia) / Cultural Myths From Around Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.