Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. - Religion (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. (79779 Views)

Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by barny95(m): 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
dolphinheart:

get serious , you are asking childish questions, you want God to directly tell you that he is performing the resurrection through Jesus before you can believe or respond to the numerous verses shown to you.
leave them to their own understanding, they couldn't even explain Heb. 3:1,dan.7:3.u r not their pastor, if their tell Jesus Christ is not God Almighty they will accept
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Jesus was speaking of Himself while He was in the flesh. His Father was greater than He was in the flesh.

are you this dumb ? who is the " I" , show me "in the flesh" in that verse ? am waiting

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
Peacefullove,

To help you understand that Jesus was talking of Himself in the flesh, read Psa. 8:5 and Heb. 2:9.

Remember Jesus was made man/flesh.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Peacefullove,

To help you understand that Jesus was talking of Himself in the flesh, read Psa. 8:5 and Heb. 2:9.

Remember Jesus was made man/flesh.

you think am dumb to swallow that crap , show me greater than I " in the flesh " in john 14 vs 28?

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
Peacefullove:
you think am dumb to swallow that crap , show me greater than I " in the flesh " in john 14 vs 28?

If you want to interpret Jn. 14:28 literally, then you must also interpret Heb. 2:9 literally to mean that when Jesus was created(which is not true), he was created lower than angels in rank.

You see it?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If you want [b] to interpret Jn. 14:28 [b] literally, then you must also interpret Heb. 2:9 literally to mean that when Jesus was created(which is not true), he was created lower than angels in rank.

You see it?

you are mistaken @ bold ,Oga, I didnt interpret anything. I gave you a clear statement . Father is greater than I . it doesnt need interpretation , o clear

show me " in the flesh" in John 14:28 ? if you cant , then you accept you are just a liar . without this kind of lies your faulty belives cant thrive .
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Emusan(m): 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
dolphinheart:
no, but note, my study of other translations is very limited.

That's why you can rate NWT above other translations which your studies about is so limited.....contunuuu

any translation I come across, but it's based on a particular verse, not the whole translation. and it is also dependent on the topic under discussion.

Then have you come across a single VERSE in NWT that you against

Answer my question....how do you know that very particular verse is wrong

maybe you did not read the points I made after I quoted the verses, Ill repost them and put the point in red for you to read and respond to, note it is not about accuracy, but the difference in meaning and message passed!

(1) 1 John 5: 7
NIV translation : For there are three that testify:
KJV says: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Apart from the fact that they do not have the same words , they also do not have the same meaning or are they telling us the same thing?
so can you explain these differences in that verse?

(2) rev 1:8
NIV says :"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
KJV says : I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
the words " the begginING and the ending" cannot be found in the NIV, pls tell us why, cus such words go a long way in telling us who that verse is referring to.
are those words meant to be their like in the KJV or not meant to be their like in the NIV?

(3) isaiah 9:6
NIV says: You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest, as warriors rejoice when dividing the plunder.
KJV says: Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
NIV helps us to understand that God increased their joy while KJV says the opposite, can you espanciate on the difference between the two and tell us which is right and which is wrong? cus they give us different meaning!

another one is 1 ti:3:16, kjv says "God was manifest in the flesh", but the NIV says " he appeared in the flesh".
pls tell us, did the NIV translate the Greek word for God "theos" to "he" in that verse or did the KJV Translate the Greek word for "he" to "god"?

I read your point and understood them. Using NIV with KJV shows something was wrong with some particular verses. Now you have one translation you can use to check mate the other.

Which translation do you use to check the little verses you've studied in NWT before you can say that you don't have problem with NWT

I'm not here to discuss how I arrive at a point, I'm here to discuss the point I arrive at!

Which point do you arrive at on NWT?

good that you have such knowledge

As if I care...

the scriptures

So which scripture do you use for NWT?

no, I just gave you differences in meaning and message from 2 translations you agree with.

So, which translation is accurate between the two?

you so not determine how I study and what I study for, you can only have issues with the result of my study.

Your studies must be fair not base on any doctrine or a believe in a particular translation before you can say yes I've studied well.

I know the result of your studies won't be anything other than, NWT is the only accurate translation among the over one thousand Translations we have.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
[quote author=Peacefullove post=49472481]

all that long epistle which you yourself dont understand , just because you want to lie. grin Only is clear even to a primary 4 pupil ,
a primary 4 pupil who doesn't know what he is reading can't comprehend. Hence they have to be taught.

Jesus called his Father ONLY true God , thats the ONLY true God.

Jesus is another person entirely, if he is true god too, that means he lied at john 17 vs 3 .
Jesus is not another God from the father

if he is not the true God , that render him a false God , do u accept ?
Jesus and the Father are one God.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=49473211]

set the record straight, who is the ONLY true God ? be sincere .

2 - am asking you to show me where in your bible that says Jesus and the father are " ONE GOD " ? or its lies as usual.

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by tunbebes(f): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
dolphinheart:

I envy you, haven't done that in years!

Lolz
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
truthislight:

Sharaaap! HYPOCRITE!

Jesus is not the TRUE God, he said himself at John 17:3:

3. This is life eternal that they know you the ONLY TRUE GOD and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent.
You know the group of people who insist that Jesus did not die are: Judaism, Muslims, The ancient Roman Government, Satan De Devil, PaulGundy, AlienDoctor, The Scribes, Saducces and Pharisees of Jesus time, Phony Christians and others...So You should not be surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
Peacefullove:
are you this dumb ? who is the " I" , show me "in the flesh" in that verse ? am waiting
I've seen wannabee "born again" many times and discussed with them. They can be very unreasonable and dogmatic, quoting many scriptures at the same time...."Dumb" is a mild word for them

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
themall:

You know the group of people who insist that Jesus did not die are: Judaism, Muslims, The ancient Roman Government, Satan De Devil, PaulGundy, AlienDoctor, The Scribes, Saducces and Pharisees of Jesus time, Phony Christians and others...So You should not be surprised.

Can you prove that I said that Jesus did not die?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Can you prove that I said that Jesus did not die?
grin grin grin grin [size=14pt]NO[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Help your brother barny95 out grin Where is it written in the Bible that GOD will resurrect people "through" Jesus Christ
Why don't you help him. I thought everyone who believes in Christ and God are your brothers. Help your brother barny95 out..Mmmmm. I smell hate. Hypocrisy....

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by truthislight: 11:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
barny95:
1cor 15:21 21 For since death came through a man, resurrection of the dead also comes through a man." Who is that man, you? Lol

Same Corinthians 15:20,21

20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep in death. 21 For since death came through a man, resurrection of the dead also comes through a man

The ^^ above also shows that Christ was raised by someone. Someone used Christ to set all this up.

So, Jesus Christ was just a medium that God worked.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=Peacefullove post=49473366][/quote]

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dave1614: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2016
solite3:
False witnesses deny that Jesus resurrected himself from the grave and also claim that Jesus did not rise with his human body!

But see this verse that completely destroy their false teaching,

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up

John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
Jesus was clearly referring to his body

Jesus is Jehovah God.

I have every proof.
how is Jehovah God also Jesus christ. Man just hear yourself it makes no sense. I also know that you would want to use john 10:30 where jesus said that he and the father are one.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2016
solite3:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

what an unreasonable fellow I asked you whom did bible call ONLY TRUE God , you started john 1 vs 1 the word was with God , was with someone and he called that one the Only True God , if you now use your brain what kind of God does that automatically make Jesus , false God ?

Number 2 - I gave you a portion that says Yahweh have a son , kindly tell me if Jesus have a son since you insist Jesus is Yahweh ?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=Peacefullove post=49484769]

[color=blue] what an unreasonable fellow I asked you whom did bible call ONLY TRUE God , you started john 1 vs 1 the word was with God , was with someone and he called that one the Only True God , what kind of God does that automatically make the word , false God ?
"The word was The one true God" didn't you read where it said the word was God?

Read and comprehend Jesus didn't say he is not the one true God.
READ AGAIN,

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus didn't say he is not the one true God.
Next

Number 2 - I gave you a portion that says Yahweh have a son , kindly tell me if Jesus have a son since you insist Jesus is Yahweh ?

YAHWEH= Father, son and Holy Ghost.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 19, 2016
dave1614:
how is Jehovah God also Jesus christ. Man just hear yourself it makes no sense. I also know that you would want to use john 10:30 where jesus said that he and the father are one.
John 1:1 already proves Jesus is God.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=49485357][/quote]

you are just so unreasonable, answer me: who did Jesus called ONLY true God ?

^^^^
So Yahweh = Father , son and Holyspirit , kindly tell me where this is written in your bible ? or lies as usual.

beside If Jesus is Yahweh and Yahweh have a son , who is Jesus son ?

if holyspirit is Yahweh and Yahweh have a son , who is Holyspirit son ?

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 8:44am On Sep 19, 2016
solite3:
John 1:1 already proves Jesus is God.

he called his Father the ONLY true God , that automatically render Jesus a false God, agree?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=Peacefullove post=49485912]

You have no other thing to hang on since the whole scriptures has expose you.

I gave you scriptures that clearly told you Jesus is one and same God with the father.

False witnesses calling God a false God.

This is the last time I will reply your post.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=49488333][/quote]

show me the bible portion that say Jesus and his father are ONE GOD ? 419 I must see One God boldly written there .

shameless liar . Exposing your religion for what it is .

my second question still remain unanswered : who did Jesus call the ONLY true God ? I challenge you to answer this , if you wont end up ruling out Jesus as a false God . shameless liar

my third question is still there : if Jesus is Yahweh and Yahweh have a son , did Jesus have a son ?

I think I have to give you a close marking , am following you right away , if you utter thrash on any thread , you will be dealt with . liar

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by truthislight: 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
Replied to this on page 7.

Emusan:

Sorry, you people couldn't resolve anything just normal way of dodging and escape.

Am discussing with you, if your interest is not on this discussion but out of your mind your heart is speaking off of this discussion, i will have no other option than to go out of this discussion with you.

I have discussed with you without hatred nor grudge, please, do the same.

Emusan:

Yes! That even this Son is also living in Heaven with Yahweh.

Was the above under contention? If not, why do you bring it up? I will hope you do not run round without purpose.

Emusan:

No aspect was considered as impossible for Yahweh since The Son actually came and gone.

Ok, So, those are all possible ways right? Yahweh can device any way out of so many ways to use to send his son down to earth.

If you have a particular one that you believe he used Fill us in, feel free to add.

Emusan:

Yahweh can do ALL THINGS as He wills

The above is consoling. Since i believe Yahweh is not limited in anyway, i am content to accept that Yahweh sent his son. If need be, Yahweh can turn any body into an Embryo. nothing limits him. I don't know all about how he does what he does, only what he has reveal to man in his word that i bother my self with. Am not into vodo.

Emusan:

All these won't save you from dodging my point.

Dodge what exactly?

Dodge the details of how Yahweh sent his son to earth? cool
Seriously! Do you really believe that humans have such details? If no, why ask a human to supply you with them?

Emusan:

All I'm saying is this, the Son of Yahweh is a PERSON and Yahweh said He will send His Son to Earth and your organization said Yahweh ONLY TRANSFERED this Son's life to earth.

What is the reasonableness of the above? Was it his death that would have rather been sent?

Oh! You belief that live can exist without the Body. what is life? How do you have life without a body? When the Life of the dead will be restored, do you think it will mean bringing back something that was alive somewhere and put into the mold called body?

Have you ever really considered the significance of what a person is and what makes a person unique? Nope! i don't think you have.

See, there is a direct correlation between who 'You' Emusen are and your Memory . No matter the semblance, once your memory is lost, try convincing those that know you that you are Emusen and see if they will believe that it is you. Even you, if you have all the memory of the former iPhone transfer to another iPhone of similar model, would you know the difference? All you need is the memory. Humans can do the above. When humans does the above, is the Memory "a live"? Nope.

Do you know what makes a mad man a mad man? no, you don't. Lost of Memory. With his body without the Memory, he is useless.

Lets assumed that Yahweh sent a person that did not have the memory that Jesus had while in heaven, i wonder whether the body or any other thing would have been relevant.

Emusan:

1. Where is the body that this life was removed Since you believe the spiritual beings have a body.

The above question is exposing you as lacking certain knowledge of the bible. I had advise that you make sure of your reply to this post, but you are determined to fall your hand. I will be patience with you for now, but think deeply be for coming out with such question next time.

The bible book of 1 cor 15:44 says that there is a Spiritual Body. That same chapter said there are heavenly body and there are earthly body.

Life remove from a body and sent to earth? how? Can there be existence without a body? Any Bible evidence for such a stance? Show evidence please.

Emusan:

2. Life to you is nothing but an ordinary force, this means Yahweh didn't send anything

Live is a combination of Body and Live force, If you are to understand what moving Jesus means, look at it as moving his Person/existance from heaven into the worm of Mary. this was why i was asking the series of questions above as to which of the ways you think will be impossible to Yahweh. You must know, that, for it to be Who Jesus was, his unique memory must be restored to him, key.
The memory aspect is critical and cardinal in restoring an individual back to live. Irrespective of the body, as long as he has his memory, it is the person.

Jesus without his heavenly experience is no Jesus. An Engineer without his unique memory is no Engineer.

The Particular body an entity has is of no significance, but my memory does. to illustrate:

Assuming i am to get involve in a serious accident and my body and face was badly burnt, and after the surgery, on getting to my wife that has been looking for me, which do you think will make her to know it is me ?

1. I lost my memory and cannot remember her and my kids.
2. I look different, but have all my basic memory of our secrets and details. savings, kids names, marriage proposal details. Love life. etc?

Will the fact that i look same but loose all my memory of her and my family make any difference? NO!

But, even though i look different and keep all my memory intact, she will accept me as her husband still.

Hence, memory is key for resurrection or bringing someone back to live, all Yahweh have to do is to give a body and bring to live and restore the memory to the body > Viola! it is the person.

Hence, the mind/memory determines a person. The Mind. But the mind must exist in a body, be it physical or spirit.

A chimp has similar features like a man, is it a person? Hence, body type is inconsequential, but mind does. Chimps lacks the Mind of a person, hence is not a person. QED.

Emusan:

Is Yahweh Himself not a person save us this please.

Yahweh is a person. He has a mind.

"Wherever there is a mind, there is a person.

Emusan:

Your questions are so baseless, so spare us that and tackle my points.

Is it my points that are baseless or your questions? think well be for you answer.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
False witnesses deny that Jesus is the true God,

The bible clearly referred to Jesus as the true God.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Both Jesus and the father are called the only true God in the scriptures.

It is no surprise seeing false witness calling Jesus a false God.

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Here again Jesus is called the only potentate,

1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Following false witness logic, that means the father cannot also be a potentate hence is a false God.

This is exactly what the scriptures says,

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Who is a liar?
1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son

What does God say about human logic?

Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; [/b]as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

False witnesses deny the son claiming he is a false god but what does The father say about the
son?
Hebrews 1:8 [b]But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Yet false witnesses says God declare a false god as his son.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2016

solite3

Both Jesus and the father are called the only true God

unreasonable guy , read the statement above again . " BOTH " dont tell me your Jesus was praying to himself too @ john 17 vs 3 . hahahahah

Contrary to your lie above ^^ , Jesus called his Father ONLY true God . that renders Jesus a false god , just agree ?

or [size=27] if Jesus is also true god then his Father is not the ONly true God!!!! , [/size] grin grin which makes him a liar and dubious person, agree ?

the problem here is you have refused to use your brain.

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dolphinheart(m): 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emusan:

That's why you can rate NWT above other translations which your studies about is so limited.....contunuuu

Then have you come across a single VERSE in NWT that you against

Answer my question....how do you know that very particular verse is wrong

I believe I've answered your questions several times!

I read your point and understood them. Using NIV with KJV shows something was wrong with some particular verses. Now you have one translation you can use to check mate the other.

Which translation do you use to check the little verses you've studied in NWT before you can say that you don't have problem with NWT

I posted some verses from two translations you accepted, you initially claimed that those translations don't have verses that give different meanings when they are translated. After giving you those verses, I gave some points and asked some questions which up till now you refuse to respond to. I even put those points and questions in another color for you to see, but still you did not respond to it.
It is clear that those verses did not give the same meaning, neither do they contain same content or issues.

here below is the post again, let's see if you will a dress the different issues raised when comparing the translations of each verse.
(Note it is evident that both translations can't be correct, since you say you accept both translations, do you then accept incorrect translations)

"[b]maybe you did not read the points I made after I quoted the verses, Ill repost them and put the point in red for you to read and respond to, note it is not about accuracy, but the difference in meaning and message passed!
KJV says: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Apart from the fact that they do not have the same words , they also do not have the same meaning or are they telling us the same thing?

NIV says :"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
KJV says : I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
the words " the begginING and the ending" cannot be found in the NIV, pls tell us why, cus such words go a long way in telling us who that verse is referring to.
are those words meant to be their like in the KJV or not meant to be their like in the NIV?

NIV says: You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest, as warriors rejoice when dividing the plunder.
KJV says: Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
NIV helps us to understand that God increased their joy while KJV says the opposite, can you espanciate on the difference between the two and tell us which is right and which is wrong? cus they give us different meaning!

another one is 1 ti:3:16, kjv says "God was manifest in the flesh", but the NIV says " he appeared in the flesh".
pls tell us, did the NIV translate the Greek word for God "theos" to "he" in that verse or did the KJV Translate the Greek word for "he" to "god"?

you have been asking several questions about the NWT, I asked you questions about the translations you accepted and agree with, but you refuse to answer any of my questions.
(Note that I even numbered the scriptures qouted)

I have not checkmate any version with any version yet, I just quoted the verses from 2 translations you agree with and asked you to explain the difference in words, messages and meaning!

Which point do you arrive at on NWT?
that so far, I can use in in my study of God's word

As if I care...
so why the questions?

So which scripture do you use for NWT?
I do not understand

So, which translation is accurate between the two?
you say you accepted the two translations , I brought out some verses for you to explain the differences between the two, now you are asking me the same question you don't want to answer!

Your studies must be fair not base on any doctrine or a believe in a particular translation before you can say yes I've studied well.

I know the result of your studies won't be anything other than, NWT is the only accurate translation among the over one thousand Translations we have.
okay
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Emusan(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
dolphinheart:
I believe I've answered your questions several times!

You haven't! And don't dodge it.

I posted some verses from two translations you accepted, you initially claimed that those translations don't have verses that give different meanings when they are translated. After giving you those verses, I gave some points and asked some questions which up till now you refuse to respond to. I even put those points and questions in another color for you to see, but still you did not respond to it.
It is clear that those verses did not give the same meaning, neither do they contain same content or issues.

The reason why I didn't respond is that, I know you're looking for away to divert from the point have raised.
Which I don't have time for, so safe yourself from all this because it won't help you.

My statement still stands, I accept ALL THOSE Translations I listed that time and I can see you've misunderstood point up there but I don't have time for that.

here below is the post again, let's see if you will a dress the different issues raised when comparing the translations of each verse.
(Note it is evident that both translations can't be correct, since you say you accept both translations, do you then accept incorrect translations)

"[b]maybe you did not read the points I made after I quoted the verses, Ill repost them and put the point in red for you to read and respond to, note it is not about accuracy, but the difference in meaning and message passed!

If not because copy and paste that you're doing, how will you know that what you quoted from Isaiah 9:6 wasn't exert content.
Just continue.

you have been asking several questions about the NWT, I asked you questions about the translations you accepted and agree with, but you refuse to answer any of my questions.
(Note that I even numbered the scriptures qouted)

I told you, I accept more than ONE TRANSALTION in all over thousands of Bible translations we have. I didn't hold anyone above another.

But the simple questions I've been asking are;
1. Is there any VERSE you found WRONG in NWT just as you can find in those translations you're talking about?
2. If you use NIV and KJV to cross check each other before you know that one is accurate and the other is inaccurate, which translation do you use to cross check NWT before you accepted the LITTLE verses you've claimed to accept?
3. Is there another translation you accept apart from NWT? If Yes! State it here....Simple

All this episode won't change my posit.

I have not checkmate any version with any version yet, I just quoted the verses from 2 translations you agree with and asked you to explain the difference in words, messages and meaning!

So why do you reject some verses and on what basis do you reject them?

that so far, I can use in in my study of God's word

So, it means you uphold it above any other translation. SIMPLE....which is what you're trying to say all this while.

so why the questions?

To get the above statement you just confirmed.

I do not understand

I mean, what do you use to check the accuracy of NWT before you could accept it to study God's word, so that we can use it for other translation accuracy too.

you say you accepted the two translations , I brought out some verses for you to explain the differences between the two, now you are asking me the same question you don't want to answer!

NO! I didn't ask the same question. When I said, I accept the two translations I know what I'm saying. But you who trying to make a point by quoting two different translations should come to conclusion like with this evidence NIV is more correct than KJV or based on how other scholars explained so so so verse both NIV and KJV are wrong.

So, you must answer that question unless, the point I'm making here is beyond your comprehension.

In Summary this is my point:
If you accept NWT verses on what basis? how do you come to that conclusion? Can the same study you applied to NWT before accepted it be applied to other translations for right judge?

So, stop perambulating and go straight to the point.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
The natural man does not understand the things of the spirit because they are foolishness to him.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

False witnesses cannot understand this,

Father= The only true God
Son= The only true God
Holy ghost= The only true God.

Yet they are the only true God not gods.

Just like the father is the mighty God, the son is the mighty God and the holy spirit the mighty God but yet there is only one mighty God.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by ChristianFreedo(m): 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
SaffronSpice:

You don't get it: No one is downplaying the role of CTR,but he is not the founder.
JWs is a theocratic organisation - I hope you understand?

The claim is only made by the Governing body so as to strengthen they claim to being God's mouthpiece.

Look at this will. Does it look like C T Russel was the the founder and owner of the Watchtower organisation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Leads RCCG Protest Against Insecurity In Nigeria (Video, Photos) / How Prophet ‘Daniel’ Abodunrin Was Killed & Eaten By Lions At Ibadan Zoo In 1991 / Stephanie Otobo Turns Born Again After Apostle Suleman's Saga: "This Is New Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.