Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. - Religion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. (79703 Views)

Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Peacefullove: 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
solite3:
your mockery is totally irrelevant.
What count is God's word.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

if this is what your pastors quote for you to avoid you using your brain , guy You need strong help

I will throw the question to you again : if three person are ONE in nature as you people claim , how come one person is having TWO natures ? does that not make the claim of three person having ONE nature FALSE ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2016
I truly appreciate your hard work here JMAN05...why don't you allow the children of elders in your congregation attend university n higher institution.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
remiiko:
I truly appreciate your hard work here JMAN05...why don't you allow the children of elders in your congregation attend university n higher institution.

Such decision is personal.

5 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
JMAN05:

Such decision is personal.
bit some of your elders are been deleted for allowing their children attend higher Institution.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dolphinheart(m): 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
remiiko:
bit some of your elders are been deleted for allowing their children attend higher Institution.
would like to ask, where you there when such decision to delect an elder was made to know the reason?, or how did you come about this information?

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 13, 2016
remiiko:

Many are serving with their children in a higher institutions close to them.

What should concern you though is why discourage higher institutions, and encourage vocational schools. The former lives the student unemployed when there is no job available. Even when employed, it consumes the witness' time so that few hours is left for the Lord. (1cor 15:58). Most work studied in the Universities lack future value, they start and end here.

Another risk is that of bad association. First, bad people fill those institutions and can be a snare for a witness, but the MOST important reason is the fact that that institution is for higher learning, teachings that often contradicts the bible. These part of the curriculum could just be a borrowed course which are compulsory for the student. 1cor 15:33 is contextually against such things. The bad association Paul warned against is with regard to doctrinal matters. He was concerned that bad associates are turning and teaching Corinthians falsehood which would corrupt there good habit of truthful Christian stand. You can imagine of someone not only being around such people, but being taught falsehood with all persuasion eg evolution.

If the goal of your going into those institutions is so that you can gain a skill that would help you earn some money, why not vocational schools? Why not learn a trade? A work that will make you selfreliant and have your time for the ministry? However, such reasoning does not mean that one is forced to chose vocational education. It is strictly the decision of the head of the family to decide while not being ignorant of the risks. None is judged for any decisions he makes in this regard, for Jah will judge all. (ROM 14:10).

4 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by paulGrundy(m): 10:00am On Oct 13, 2016
remiiko:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/higher-education-university.php

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 13, 2016
JMAN05:

What should concern you though is why discourage higher institutions, and encourage vocational schools. The former lives the student unemployed when there is no job available. Even when employed, it consumes the witness' time so that few hours is left for the Lord. (1cor 15:58). Most work studied in the Universities lack future value, they start and end here.

Another risk is that of bad association. First, bad people fill those institutions and can be a snare for a witness, but the MOST important reason is the fact that that institution is for higher learning, teachings that often contradicts the bible. These part of the curriculum could just be a borrowed course which are compulsory for the student. 1cor 15:33 is contextually against such things. The bad association Paul warned against is with regard to doctrinal matters. He was concerned that bad associates are turning and teaching Corinthians falsehood which would corrupt there good habit of truthful Christian stand. You can imagine of someone not only being around such people, but being taught falsehood with all persuasion eg evolution.

If the goal of your going into those institutions is so that you can gain a skill that would help you earn some money, why not vocational schools? Why not learn a trade? A work that will make you selfreliant and have your time for the ministry? However, such reasoning does not mean that one is forced to chose vocational education. It is strictly the decision of the head of the family to decide while not being ignorant of the risks. None is judged for any decisions he makes in this regard, for Jah will judge all. (ROM 14:10).
sir I really appreciate your effort to make mi understand.... I wud love to talk with you privately...

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by paulGrundy(m): 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
remiiko:
you apostate you too annoying.

grin grin Am not an apostate oh! An apostate is one who blinds his eyes to the light of reasoning.

An apostate is who entrusts his salvation to any man directed organization. Established for the purpose of fleecing the sheep by giving them false hopes of a non-biblical paradise.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dolphinheart(m): 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
JMAN05:

pls allow me to add my own personal views

ABILITY: truthfully, going through personal experiences, university education is not for everyone, not trying to demean anyone , but the fact is that some children are not capable of getting or understandING the knowledge that is given in the university. No matter how much time is dedicated to studying, they cannot understand. I have friends who where in my class, very smart guys when it comes to doing thing's, solving problems, fixing things, but when it comes to book, headache starts!
It is a fact that not everyone has the same talent or gift(don't know if that's a right word to use), therefore a parent who is concerned about their childrens development both spiritually and secularly will take time to study the child's ability to learn. If it's confirmed that the childs abilities lies elsewhere other than university education, why don't you pursue such goals . why send a child to the university when he or she will not be able, due to no fault of theirs, learn much there.

TIME: look at the world today, let's take Nigeria for example, university education takes at least 4 years to get a degree, plus one year youth service, most people to learn other things for example plumbing, mechanic, tailoring, etc seldom take that long.
They are after finishing studying such works are capable of starting off on their own, they can be financially independent, some are even bringing money home before gaining freedom.
Most times, university graduates go back home, become dependents on their parents while still looking for that very elusive job, some find it, some never find it ,some graduates end up after spending so many years in the university learning how to make shoes, farming, etc.

Another issue one should look at when considering time is the issue of your certificate becoming useless. you went to school for 5 years, got a b.sc degree, only for employers to favour masters degree over b.sc. You decided to go for masters , years later you are looking for job, only for employees to favour multiple masters degree , multiple certificates , ph.d , several years of experience over your masters degree. The worst part is their preference for an age you are older than.

OPPORTUNITY: every year , there is far lesser opportunity of a university graduate getting a job based on what he or she studied in the university.

FINANCE: some families do not have the capacity to send their child to the university, why consume resources on an education you do not know the outcome when their are other better ,self sustainable, progressive options.

FREEDOM: their is more time on your hand to take care of, and attend to family, spirituAl growth, happiness and any other things if you are the master of your work, as a shoemaker, no one will give you wahala if you decided to only make 5 shoes per week, but if you think university education will make your boS's not give you wahala cus you came late or did not come to work , I pity you.

SECURITY: University education does not guarantee job security the way vocational education can.

All this and more must a parent consider when sending their child to the university, I have a friend who after secondary school went to study Capentery, he now lives in his own house , married with kids. He also has a car, I also have another friend who went to the university, works with a bank and is paid peanuts, he wears suits from morning to night but still in debt at the end of the month.

I did not say university education is not important, but it if evident that it is not a must that you must have university education. If your main goal in life is to serve jehovah, then one must consider extensively the pros and cons, benefit and dis-benefit of obtaining university education for yourself and for your children

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
Jehovah witnesses it is time for you to give your life to Christ you are herding towards hell fire!
Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by ableguy(m): 4:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
solite3:
Jehovah witnesses it is time for you to give your life to Christ you are herding towards hell fire!
Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Broken record, is that all?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by paulGrundy(m): 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
This is exactely what happens when one hands his reasoning to a bunch of impostors who exploit them for their selfish gain. Someone is argueing against higher education on the basis that the 4 years spent should be used to learn a technical work, they seem to forget that a higher education gurantees you a higher salary job and social security (pension) during old age.
The watchtower society discourages member from higher education on the basis that there little time left for the end of world, something they have been saying since the 1960's.

“Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them “brainwash” you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. This world has very little time left! Any “future” this world offers is no future! Wisely, then, let God's Word influence you in selecting a course that will result in your protection and blessing. Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal.” Watchtower [size=18pt]1969[/size] Mar 15 p.171

yet they have time to accumulate wealth and properties in cayman island. Funny thing is that the watchtower society lawyer vincent toole has a degree in law which was sponsored by the society itself. Hypocrites!

The motive is easy to detect, control even the time of members, so that many of them would have more time for bethel, pioneer work, etc, hence expanding the watchtower empire and governing body wealth.

How some people can still trust and believe wholeheartedly an organization that lied to them several times in the past amazes me ??
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2016
sir I really appreciate your effort to make mi understand.... I wud love to talk with you privately...

No probs.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
dolphinheart:

pls allow me to add my own personal views

ABILITY: truthfully, going through personal experiences, university education is not for everyone, not trying to demean anyone , but the fact is that some children are not capable of getting or understandING the knowledge that is given in the university. No matter how much time is dedicated to studying, they cannot understand. I have friends who where in my class, very smart guys when it comes to doing thing's, solving problems, fixing things, but when it comes to book, headache starts!
It is a fact that not everyone has the same talent or gift(don't know if that's a right word to use), therefore a parent who is concerned about their childrens development both spiritually and secularly will take time to study the child's ability to learn. If it's confirmed that the childs abilities lies elsewhere other than university education, why don't you pursue such goals . why send a child to the university when he or she will not be able, due to no fault of theirs, learn much there.

TIME: look at the world today, let's take Nigeria for example, university education takes at least 4 years to get a degree, plus one year youth service, most people to learn other things for example plumbing, mechanic, tailoring, etc seldom take that long.
They are after finishing studying such works are capable of starting off on their own, they can be financially independent, some are even bringing money home before gaining freedom.
Most times, university graduates go back home, become dependents on their parents while still looking for that very elusive job, some find it, some never find it ,some graduates end up after spending so many years in the university learning how to make shoes, farming, etc.

Another issue one should look at when considering time is the issue of your certificate becoming useless. you went to school for 5 years, got a b.sc degree, only for employers to favour masters degree over b.sc. You decided to go for masters , years later you are looking for job, only for employees to favour multiple masters degree , multiple certificates , ph.d , several years of experience over your masters degree. The worst part is their preference for an age you are older than.

OPPORTUNITY: every year , there is far lesser opportunity of a university graduate getting a job based on what he or she studied in the university.

FINANCE: some families do not have the capacity to send their child to the university, why consume resources on an education you do not know the outcome when their are other better ,self sustainable, progressive options.

FREEDOM: their is more time on your hand to take care of, and attend to family, spirituAl growth, happiness and any other things if you are the master of your work, as a shoemaker, no one will give you wahala if you decided to only make 5 shoes per week, but if you think university education will make your boS's not give you wahala cus you came late or did not come to work , I pity you.

SECURITY: University education does not guarantee job security the way vocational education can.

All this and more must a parent consider when sending their child to the university, I have a friend who after secondary school went to study Capentery, he now lives in his own house , married with kids. He also has a car, I also have another friend who went to the university, works with a bank and is paid peanuts, he wears suits from morning to night but still in debt at the end of the month.

I did not say university education is not important, but it if evident that it is not a must that you must have university education. If your main goal in life is to serve jehovah, then one must consider extensively the pros and cons, benefit and dis-benefit of obtaining university education for yourself and for your children

That's true. However, some can also point out some good in getting a certificate which moves them to make the choice. As xtens though, we weigh the spiritual danger therein.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by dolphinheart(m): 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2016
JMAN05:

That's true. However, some can also point out some good in getting a certificate which moves them to make the choice. As xtens though, we weigh the spiritual danger therein.
yes you are right, there is good in getting a certificate.

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Seun(m): 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
jman05:
Is it true that Jehovah's witnesses don't pray? If not, what's the difference between the way you pray and the way most Christians pray?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
Seun:
jman05:
Is it true that Jehovah's witnesses don't pray? If not, what's the difference between the way you pray and the way most Christians pray?

We do pray. But the difference between how we view prayer and how most do is that they tend to serve God the way they wish without taking into consideration what the Bible says on the matter.

For instance, when we do our door to door call, people expect that we pray before preaching. Some of the few churches who call on the doors don't mind praying. but we oberve that the scripture does not support this method. You go over the popular sermon on the mount where Jesus taught for long, you would observe he didn't pray before he commenced. (Matt 5:1-3). Jesus taught the crowd but not begin with prayer. (Mark 6:34). But Jesus did pray before he lives for preaching campaign. This we do. But will it be reasonable that you pray at every door? What if you see someone waiting for a car, you ll pray with him before preaching? Did Jesus pray with the Samaritan woman before preaching to her? John 4:7-26.

Those of other religion do shout, shake their heads, hit the floor, and make a great noise during prayer. However scriptures helps us to know that Jehovah is not moved by such hysterias. (Matt 6:5-cool. Our prayers don't go like that. While some in Christendom feel that such frenzy is what spiritually filled prayer means, the bible has a different view.

You can attend any kingdom hall near you and see whether we do start and close with prayer. Again, if we conduct an established bible study with a religious person, we often start and close with a prayer.

Our prayers take this model outlined at matt 6:9-13.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady / “Missionary” Is The Only Holy Sexual Position - Pastor Olugbenga Oladejo / Pastor Adeboye Leads RCCG Protest Against Insecurity In Nigeria (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.