Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers (7247 Views)

May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers / FRSC Set To Impound The Following Vechicles / Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by AutoJoshNG: 3:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
The FRSC claims about 5,000 lives have been lost on Nigerian roads due to tyre burst from 2010 till date. This has necessitated them to intensify the effort on sensitization programmes and ultimate ban of the use of food-based and substandard sealing pastes mostly used by Vulcanizers to fix tyres across the country.

The Corps Marshal - Boboye Oyeyemi’s interest to intensify this sensitization and enforcement campaign is further reinforced by the House of Representatives’ Resolution (HR.65/2016) to curb the influx of substandard tyres, non-lubricant rims and fake tyre sealing pastes, as well as the use of food-based products on tyres by vulcanizers.

According to him, the Corps Marshal has stressed that Vulcanizers are culpable for the way and manner they improperly handle tyres during repairs, he added that the dangerous practice of engaging fake sealing pastes is capable of causing rusts on rims as well as wears on tyres.

He already met with The Vulcanizers’ Association to intimate them of their inappropriate and dangerous conducts.

http://autojosh.com/frsc-set-to-ban-the-use-of-substandard-tyre-sealing-pastes-and-other-improvised-gums-by-vulcanizers/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Zaikon(m): 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
Complain - Ban

Mtchewwwww no profer solutions.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
Them wan ban EBA and FUFU grin E go hard to implement o! That thing old pass me.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by bravolad(m): 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
FRSC is a retard agency. There's no creativity in their leadership, always adopting old-fashioned approach to solving modern challenges.

Comparing this to the installation of speed limit commercial vehicles one wonders how it would be implemented in a country with no reliable statistics. I trust all these policies are meant to empower some groups of individuals who came up with the ideas. As soon as they make profit, the project will be abandoned.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by lifezone247(m): 6:30am On Aug 30, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Them wan ban EBA and FUFU grin E go hard to implement o! That thing old pass me.
upon say nafood that thing saving vulkanizer stress since 1820.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by lifezone247(m): 6:30am On Aug 30, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
upon say na food, that thing saving vulkanizer stress since 1820.
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Flexherbal(m): 6:31am On Aug 30, 2016
Ok.
That means , they will be going from shop to shop to inspect what they use .
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Willdidi(m): 6:33am On Aug 30, 2016
You intend to carryout a ban so what are the alternative to this food-based sealing technique been used presently, how can car users access them and demand for them to be used on their types when 99% of vulcanizers use this present method.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by AuroraB(f): 6:33am On Aug 30, 2016
So, vulcanizers won't be needed again niyen
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by wildchild1: 6:34am On Aug 30, 2016
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 30, 2016
As much as I condemn vulcanizers that use food-based products on tyres, iin same light
iThink poor road quality is likely the root of major road hazards iin Nigeria.

Our roads could be described as death traps, dodging these holes has caused many accidents and people have been maimed or precious lives lost.

#MyCandidOpinion

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by dasphinx1(m): 6:37am On Aug 30, 2016
Dem wan ban fufu niyen!!!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Nellybank(m): 6:37am On Aug 30, 2016
Comfused pple.... We and dem abeg who dey use vulcanizers pass?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by ironheart(m): 6:38am On Aug 30, 2016
Funny, we should have a law that stipulate that anyone who fix a tire should add his stamp to a car certificate to show where the work was done

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 30, 2016
Including fufu?
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Askmewhy(m): 6:42am On Aug 30, 2016
Confused set of people.
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by coalcoal1(m): 6:47am On Aug 30, 2016
good
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Ehins22(m): 6:55am On Aug 30, 2016
shocked
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by MadCow1: 6:59am On Aug 30, 2016
Many vulcanised are still using fufu and garri to seal tyres till next year.. grin

That's why I only fix my tyres with branded vulcanised like Michelin and Bridgestone.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by AdeniyiA(m): 7:09am On Aug 30, 2016
They should do it already, all these "set to", " plans to" ,are bullshit undecided
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Chykeboss(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2016
d gum is now been used as an intoxicant by some Fulani dudes down Here..hmm about the banning ayaf nothing to say

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by peaceland(m): 7:12am On Aug 30, 2016

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by lovinam: 7:12am On Aug 30, 2016
They are yet to ban?? Yet to ban They are not serious. Mcheww
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by wagazala: 7:15am On Aug 30, 2016
Perhaps the fufu and garri out there now are of less quality. I've seen Vulcanizer use fufu and garri since I was a kid and they actually worked. grin
If the road safety is planning on banning those, what are the alternatives and how affordable are they. Will I have to pay extra 1k to the Vulcanizer for some kind of adhesive that 20naira fufu can solve? Or has someone from the road safety bagged a contract for importing these gums and this policy is to ensure he is the sole distributor just like it was in the case of Okada helmets and now speed limiting devices?
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Chuksyno(m): 7:16am On Aug 30, 2016
Uselessness of highest order. Majority of Nigerian are battling to eat a square meal a day and you're their talking rubbish. Tell your oga on top to make all our roads motorable and also make our economy friendly. Tell me who will buy used tyre if Nigerian economy is serving every one? nobody wey dem go put honey for mouth wey go spitam.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by LastSurvivor: 7:26am On Aug 30, 2016
Nonsense..
Make they kukuma ban tokumbo vehicle entirely make we know say dem mean am..

Hw do you expect golf 1991 model to have 4 brand new original tyres that can buy the car itself.. lol

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Waspy(m): 7:36am On Aug 30, 2016
In short , FRSC is out to confiscate wraps of Fufu/Akpu

Is okay undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by gloryman91: 7:53am On Aug 30, 2016
Useless agency no standard never through with speed limit & driver license, staff welfare not properly taken into consideration. Buhari probe this FRSC now.
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by yankeedude(m): 8:20am On Aug 30, 2016
There is urgent need to fix this economy. No man likes buying tokunbo tyres that will endanger their lives on the long run. And as per the vulcanisers using all these fake sealing pastes; I guess they are all imported, then how come they were able to scale through customs and ports checks? Food for thought. It still stops at the desk of the government.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Emeka71(m): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2016
I use quick patch; I even repair My tyre myself.
Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by victme1(m): 8:48am On Aug 30, 2016
Please enough of this bullshit our Authority figures are dishing us! Today, Impound cars with expired Tyre, ban the use of substandard Tyre sealing paste and gum by vulcanizers arrant bullshit.

Like the Vulcarnizers go to the market to purposely buy cheap sealant whatever.

This people should stop Terrorizing the masses who are trying to making ends meet.

If you the FRSC don’t know what to do or ways to go about it then say it out …. like how can we stop the usage of substandard Tyre, expired Tyre, substandard Sealing Paste and Gum.

Then we will answer you that you should not allow such products to be brought into the country period. You should stop importation of all those trash that you allow into the country if you really care about the masses.

By the way before you do that remember ordinary tooth pick, you have not started producing in the country (courtesy one Minstr).

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2016
brossss ur head dey dere b4 i comment i juz dey laff yeye 4 my zanga...if dem ban eba and fufu usage e go hard ..that method hold pass buhari himself..nor be wetin dey cause accident be dat..make dem first give us good nylon tared roads..good visible roads signs,speed bumps where there need be..then the futuristic one ,i call it so cuz in nja no database but after database they can install traffic capture cameras to checkmate traffic violators..make dem live eba and fufu alone oooo ,chei my nation see the gramma d oga dey use sef dey call eba/fufu substandard even him brain sef go dey laff wen him dey yarn dat nonsense.
GAZZUZZ:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Prefer Toyota To Hyundai? / Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes / Lexus Rx 300 Or Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.