Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,332 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity (40487 Views)

Nigerian Nickel Discovery Is First Of Its Kind - Australian Mining Firm / Buhari Viewing The Aeromagnetic Map Of The Nickel Discovery (Pic) / Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Free36(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
See earlier thread about the discovery of Nickel In Nigeria https://www.nairaland.com/3316997/nickel-discovered-dangoma-kaduna-nigeria

Here is what I came on after my findings on NICKEL. ..

Cautiously optimistic about nickel price

Frik Els | Jun. 29, 2016, 11:33 AM |

Base metals have enjoyed a solid 2016 so far with only lead (-3%) in negative territory for the year. While the likes of zinc (+28%) and tin (+16%) have rallied and steelmaking raw materials iron ore (+24%) and coking coal (+12%) have come back strongly, nickel remains stuck in the doldrums.

On the LME nickel jumped back above $9,000 on Wednesday, but hasn't been in five-digit territory for nearly a year and is worth half of what it was early in 2014 when Indonesia's ban on ore exports led many to believe the volatile metal is entering a bull market.

The subdued pricing environment has mostly been blamed on elevated inventories and both the LME and particularly in Shanghai although stock levels at the former has recently been falling.

In a new report on the prospects for the steelmaking ingredient BMI Research says "the market will gradually begin to tighten as elevated Chinese imports start to erode global stockpiles" but the firm also warns "investor sentiment towards industrial metals will remain cautious as Chinese economic data will continue to disappoint."

BMI expects strengthening fundamentals in the nickel market and a more general bounce in metal prices for the second half of the year which "will start to push nickel prices towards $10,000 per tonne."

Longer term there is further upside although the frothy days of 2007 when nickel peaked at more than $50,000 look forever gone.

BMI is of the view that Indonesia will relax in part its ore ban but with Indonesian nickel pig iron smelters coming online by 2017 there won't be supply-crunch in the refined market.

That would keep a lid on the price which BMI forecasts to average $9,000 per tonne and $10,500 a tonne in 2016 and 2017, edging up to $11,500 a tonne by 2019. BMI's predictions are also above consensus.

http://www.mining.com/cautiously-optimistic-about-nickel-price/

Nickel = $9,700 per tonne

Nickel = $657 per 1 KGS

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Daniel058(m): 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
E get one stone wey we commot for our well, i don dey suspect weda na nickel e b oo

That well must be deepened next year

grin

Nwanne i don harma.. .

202 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Abeymills(m): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
Who e go epp soon u no go hear anytin again govt of abrakadabra

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by babyfaceafrica: 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nice....I wish everyone well

3 Likes

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by AWONEYAN(m): 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
God loves this nation,.....when men say there's castings down He says there is lifting up

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by HARDBUOI: 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
nawao... this nickel is not as u people think o..
d thing plenty for enugu.
my sister dat studied geology and mining traveled to enugu to look for mineral resources as part of her final project.
and during their search they discovered ZINC, LEAD and this NICKEL wey all of una dey hype like thiz... and she brought all the samples home.

its been many years i dont kno where those things are now i would hav uploaded the pics.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Sibrah: 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
HARDBUOI:
nawao... this nickel is not as u people think o..
d thing plenty for enugu.
my sister dat studied geology and mining traveled to enugu to look for mineral resources as part of her final project.
and they discovered ZINC, LEAD and this NICKEL wey all of una dey hype like thiz... and she brought all the samples home.

its been many years i dont kno where those things are now i would hav uploaded the pics.
Your sister sees mineral like missing N10 on the floor. She can help us discover missing Chibok girls and oil.

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by flokii: 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
Maybe "our oyel" pipu go allow us hear word... They can now reflect on d degradation of their lands by their own youths, shallow minded pipu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by flokii: 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
Warship:

When are you guys declaring Arewanistan republic

Lol.. What's that?
I have no idea what you're talking about

My pple are peace loving, we see ourselves as one & we hope to remain as one #cheers

15 Likes

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by cheruv: 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
The north has gotten its money spinner...let's restructure so that the North would have full control over its gold and nickel resources

9 Likes

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by zeongeon: 12:19am On Aug 30, 2016
AWONEYAN:
God loves this nation,.....when men say there's castings down He says there is lifting up
God loves this nation...YES but will our wickedness, greed, selfishness, tribalism and religious bigotry allow us enjoy the LOVE GOD has deposited in Nigeria....watch and see how the discovery of Nickel will lead to another kind of wickedness.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by SageTravels: 1:23am On Aug 30, 2016
The next thing that is gonna be trending in Nigeria is
NICKEL

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by tit(f): 1:31am On Aug 30, 2016
200 trillion dollar has been discovered in daura.
that is why buhari went to meet japan in kenya!
seriki will soon pass motion in the house!

Araba! Araba!! Araba!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Blue3k(m): 1:42am On Aug 30, 2016
Will this be subject to national cake or can we get rid of that stupid system yet.
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by DrayZee: 2:21am On Aug 30, 2016
I hope this nickel is available in other parts of the country... Because some people will use this opportunity to split the country apart...
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Adiola(f): 5:26am On Aug 30, 2016
We ll now know the True colours of the northerners hope they don't come up with some plans to have it whole to themselves and make sure that a southern has the highest share in the nickel mining

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by ctuagent007: 5:57am On Aug 30, 2016
Nothing new here!!!!!!!!

I will summarise a little story I read in a defunct newspaper (the Post Xpress) about 14yrs ago;

Am Australian firm discovered ORE in excess quantity in Kogi state & told the FG & SG that all they (the coy) needed was some large millions of dollars added to theirs (they would provide the xpertise) to drill & do whatever they would do with the ORE & that in 10-15yrs time, the 9ja govt would forget the existence of oil~~~~that story died a natural death cos no politician in 9ja dead/alive believes in waiting/working for the upcoming generation (lai lai)

If u think I'm lieing about any politician, ask Abubakar Audu & co who are dead (all politicians in 9ja believe & want the money now not 2moro, NO, they want am now now now)

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 30, 2016
OP, that's not possible.
But I would agree here that diversification is yielding results. .

Good days are coming

2 Likes

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Jengem: 6:22am On Aug 30, 2016
Warship:

When are you guys declaring Arewanistan republic

U realize dangote has a refinery

Where do u want him to get his crude oil from?

Space?

5 Likes

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by SmartMugu: 6:34am On Aug 30, 2016
ctuagent007:
Nothing new here!!!!!!!!

I will summarise a little story I read in a defunct newspaper (the Post Xpress) about 14yrs ago;

Am Australian firm discovered ORE in excess quantity in Kogi state & told the FG & SG that all they (the coy) needed was some large millions of dollars added to theirs (they would provide the xpertise) to drill & do whatever they would do with the ORE & that in 10-15yrs time, the 9ja govt would forget the existence of oil~~~~that story died a natural death cos no politician in 9ja dead/alive believes in waiting/working for the upcoming generation (lai lai)

If u think I'm lieing about any politician, ask Abubakar Audu & co who are dead (all politicians in 9ja believe & want the money now not 2moro, NO, they want am now now now)
At the bolded, why do you want anyone to ask dead people questions?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by amaben2020(m): 6:37am On Aug 30, 2016
flokii:

Lol.. What's that?
I have no idea what you're talking about

My pple are peace loving, we see ourselves as one & we hope to remain as one #cheers
bloody tribal bigot like you, how are the Afonjas peace loving

You guys ain't shii

2 Likes

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Femich18(m): 6:57am On Aug 30, 2016
Nigeria is truly blessed... Nickel now on point but I pray it doesn't go the way of Crude oil
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2016
flokii:
Maybe "our oyel" pipu go allow us hear word... They can now reflect on d degradation of their lands by their own youths, shallow minded pipu
Niger Delta happy for you guys because una go sell am and bring money come center come share am give every state. But the day una go cry for environmental degradation, marginalization, pollution and neglect. Thunder, brimstone, hurricane (Rita and hurricane Katrina combine), earthquake and Tsunami go mix like Mama Iyabo (dey mix agbo for me) go fire una

11 Likes

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2016
Let's see if they'll agree to share with the whole country

1 Like

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by EddyNumerouno(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2016
Lol
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by ViktorMartins(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
Let's see if they'll agree to share with the whole country
Is that you on your profile?
Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by Viktor1983(m): 8:24am On Aug 30, 2016
Nigeria loves raw materials, miracle and prayers..
A lot of folks on here have become excited because they know that the leadership/Govt in Nigeria(which they support) has failed in living up to promises and only oil/expensive precious metal will save them.
No be today we begin hear about discovery..
Lol! Clowns!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity by CIGARETTE: 8:24am On Aug 30, 2016
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dozens Of Bandits Neutralized, Camps Destroyed By Air Strikes In Kaduna / Nigerian Soldier Killed While Fighting For Nigeria (photo) / Obiano & Wife On Victory Road March To Thank Anambra People For Their Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.