Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming (2669 Views)

My Pineapple Plantation In Our Compound / How To Start Lucrative Poultry Farming In Nigeria / Successful Pineapple Farming Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by peacemaker128(m): 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
Pineapple farming in Nigeria is another sure money maker. Thousands of fruit juices are made with pineapple and the makers of fruit juice are always on the look out for pineapple farm where they could buy their raw material. Go to mile 12 market or any market near you or even the fruit sellers near you and try to price pineapple. Then you will realize that pineapple is edible gold.

One head of pineapple is sold for N200 in the local market while the same head of pineapple goes for N300+ in the fruit shops. For wholesale farmers, they sell for N70 – N100. Lets assume you harvested 200,000 pineapple and decided to sell for just N50 for wholesale, you will make a whooping N20 million. Takeaway N8 million as cost of production, labour, and transportation, you will have N12 million as pure profit. And once they starts producing, they can fruit for the next 10 years if well maintained.

You can now Reason with me? If you are thinking of a profitable farming business to start in the country, then think no more, pineapple is the current money spinner. This sweet fruit also known as “ANANAS COSMOSUS” is as sweet as the profit it can generate.

Pineapple has the largest appeal and is known for its nutritional and health values all over the world. How the fruit got to Nigeria may not really be our main concern in this article but the business aspects of planting and how lucrative it is. Nigerian soil and weather are extremely good for pineapple farming too.

ALSO READ: Plantation of Apple

Procedure for Pineapple Cultivation In Nigeria

Site Selection –Firstly, making a good selection of the site to have pineapple planted is usually the paramount thing to do. The site has to be checked for the soil textures because pineapple thrives very well on sandy soil with lots of nutrients, good water retention, coupled with the humid conditions of the chosen field for planting.

Land Preparation– Land Preparation should be the next thing to do,cleared of stumps and thereafter prepare the land by ploughing or making some raised beds for the planting. Bear in mind also that the crop requires a place where the rainfall is evenly distributed during the early periods of planting; and this is very important to get good yields and sweet produce at the same time.

While preparing the ground for planting, be on the look out for some possible insects attackers but which is usually handled by overturning the soil and exposing it to sunlight. You can do it manually or mechanically with a tractor to plough and ridge the place because it is not the best to plant on a flat ground because of easy penetrations in the ground.

http://agrobase.com.ng/how-to-start-lucrative-pineapple-farming/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by Johncuppa(m): 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
Yes, a Prof. of agric once told me how fumman CEO called to get youths that can produce pineapple for him. This is good to look into.
Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by peacemaker128(m): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
yes bros
Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by ayanfemimy(m): 3:43am On Aug 31, 2016
How many months does it take to harvest pineapple
Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by peacemaker128(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2016
it takes 6 months
Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by Ajusshi: 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
How many plot can give me 100 heads, and how much does the sucker cost?
Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by yomie040(m): 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2016
peacemaker128:
it takes 6 months
You can never harvest Pineapple after six months

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by world1(m): 5:50am On Sep 02, 2016
peacemaker128:
it takes 6 months
Are you sure of this statement you wrote, 6 months from what?
You better be careful before your copy and paste put you into trouble. I dont know why you guys always love to mislead intending farmers.

3 Likes

Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by dragon2(m): 6:28am On Sep 02, 2016
6 months? Haba.Even on the internet farm smiley this is too short!

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by obstead200(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
world1:

You better be careful before your copy and paste put you into trouble. I dont know why you guys always love to mislead intending farmers.
don't mind them.
No variety of pineapple will fruit within 12 months of planting.

1 Like

Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by peacemaker128(m): 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
am so sorry guyz, i gave this account to one of my admin, so he's the one that ans the question shocked. HERE IS THE MAIN ADMIN OF AGROBASE

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION
Pineapple takes 9-10 months before Harvesting and it regenerate for 7 years....

for more enquiries u can visit www.agrobase.com.ng
Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by yomie040(m): 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
peacemaker128:
am so sorry guyz, i gave this account to one of my admin, so he's the one that ans the question shocked. HERE IS THE MAIN ADMIN OF AGROBASE

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION
Pineapple takes 9-10 months before Harvesting and it regenerate for 7 years....

for more enquiries u can visit www.agrobase.com.ng

It is still impossible to harvest pineapple between 9-10 months. You don't seems to have practical knowledge of what Pineapple farming entails my dear friend. It is absolutely hovious you are doing copy and paste.

1 Like

Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by peacemaker128(m): 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
yomie040:

It is still impossible to harvest pineapple between 9-10 months. You don't seems to have practical knowledge of what Pineapple farming entails my dear friend. It is absolutely hovious you are doing copy and paste.

THANKS my dear Brother, you don't teach me what i know. if u don't know anything, is better u dont comment dan posting wat u dont know

1 Like

Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by joefelin2345: 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
Even the 7 years regeneration his questionable as most of the Nigerian soil may not be able to sustain high productivity for such a long period.
Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by wealthtrak: 9:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
peacemaker128:
Pineapple farming in Nigeria is another sure money maker. Thousands of fruit juices are made with pineapple and the makers of fruit juice are always on the look out for pineapple farm where they could buy their raw material. Go to mile 12 market or any market near you or even the fruit sellers near you and try to price pineapple. Then you will realize that pineapple is edible gold.

One head of pineapple is sold for N200 in the local market while the same head of pineapple goes for N300+ in the fruit shops. For wholesale farmers, they sell for N70 – N100. Lets assume you harvested 200,000 pineapple and decided to sell for just N50 for wholesale, you will make a whooping N20 million. Takeaway N8 million as cost of production, labour, and transportation, you will have N12 million as pure profit. And once they starts producing, they can fruit for the next 10 years if well maintained.

You can now Reason with me? If you are thinking of a profitable farming business to start in the country, then think no more, pineapple is the current money spinner. This sweet fruit also known as “ANANAS COSMOSUS” is as sweet as the profit it can generate.

Pineapple has the largest appeal and is known for its nutritional and health values all over the world. How the fruit got to Nigeria may not really be our main concern in this article but the business aspects of planting and how lucrative it is. Nigerian soil and weather are extremely good for pineapple farming too.

ALSO READ: Plantation of Apple

Procedure for Pineapple Cultivation In Nigeria

Site Selection –Firstly, making a good selection of the site to have pineapple planted is usually the paramount thing to do. The site has to be checked for the soil textures because pineapple thrives very well on sandy soil with lots of nutrients, good water retention, coupled with the humid conditions of the chosen field for planting.

Land Preparation– Land Preparation should be the next thing to do,cleared of stumps and thereafter prepare the land by ploughing or making some raised beds for the planting. Bear in mind also that the crop requires a place where the rainfall is evenly distributed during the early periods of planting; and this is very important to get good yields and sweet produce at the same time.

While preparing the ground for planting, be on the look out for some possible insects attackers but which is usually handled by overturning the soil and exposing it to sunlight. You can do it manually or mechanically with a tractor to plough and ridge the place because it is not the best to plant on a flat ground because of easy penetrations in the ground.

http://agrobase.com.ng/how-to-start-lucrative-pineapple-farming/

Re: How To Start Lucrative Pineapple Farming by wealthtrak: 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2022
world1:

Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Get The Right Fish Feed At The Best Price / I Need Help For My Broiler That Ve Weak Legs / Boost Your Piglets Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.