Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha (5346 Views)

Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government / Budget: N16bn Padded In Fashola’s Ministry – Senators / Owerri Market Traders Block Imo Government House, Demand Audience With Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by onomefm(f): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo on Monday said that the total pension burden hanging on Imo Government as at July, 2016, is more than N16 billion.

Okorocha, who made the disclosure during a news conference in Owerri, said his priority now is how to offset the pension burden.
“As we talk, my priority now is to clear the entire pension owe Imo retirees.

“How I will do that is only what is before me now and I will address that soonest, “ he said.
The governor said that his administration had paid backlog of salaries owed Imo workers, adding, “the workers being owed now are only those of judiciary and Imo State University Teaching Hospital. “

Okorocha explained the motive behind the policy directing workers in the state civil service to work from Monday to Wednesday, and go to their farms on Thursdays and Fridays.
He said the policy was to redress the current trend, whereby the state depends largely on states in the northern part of the country for food.

“As we talk, the food we consume in the state like rice, yam, tomatoes, pepper, and livestock all come from the north.
“If they (north) decide to cut the food chain, we will be in serious problem,“ the governor said.
Okorocha stressed that the agricultural policy was also to enable the workers benefit from Federal Government’s agricultural initiative.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/174421/imo-govt-owes-pensioners-n16bn-okorocha

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by Leopantro: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
your e-warriors on Nairaland keep shouting that you are not owing anyone

hackactigist:
shame on u, Rochas is not owing anybody any dime except August and even feds are yet to pay August salary. name the parastatal that is been owed!!!!!! evil propagandist lurking around the corner!!!! go get a life!!!

Abagworo:

imo State is not owing anybody 1kobo including pensioners. Only the health and some parastatals refused to collect their salary because of protest against concession.

16 Likes

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by Pavore9: 7:42am On Aug 30, 2016
“As we talk, the food we consume in the state like rice, yam, tomatoes, pepper, and livestock all come from the north.
“If they (north) decide to cut the food chain, we will be in serious problem,“ the governor said.
........It proves the State Ministry of Agriculture have been idle for the past 5 years, it is not as if the State do not have rice growing communities! angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 30, 2016
Maybe the ghost that slapped him was a pensioner

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by willjoe: 7:43am On Aug 30, 2016
Every governor owing salaries nd pensions is worth a CRIMINAL
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by debbie(f): 7:46am On Aug 30, 2016
I dont blame you. U blame those old men and women you deceived into voting for you. I blame the youths u brainwashed. Only God will judge ur wickedness. Like i say...may you reap your evil

8 Likes

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by emadamysy: 7:49am On Aug 30, 2016
This is the worst governor we have had in many years. Wished i am not from Imo. Any Gov that cannot generate revenue in his state, should just quit please. enough of waiting for federal allocation Haba!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by Eliteklaus(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2016
not surprised o, ever since u joined bad gang@APC, u have been wearing big clothes, u don't pay ur pensioners bad gang.
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by obailala(m): 8:00am On Aug 30, 2016
emadamysy:
This is the worst governor we have had in many years. Wished i am not from Imo. Any Gov that cannot generate revenue in his state, should just quit please. enough of waiting for federal allocation Haba!
Continue deceiving yourself. The pension arrears being talked about here are pension areears from the 12 wasted PDP years that are being cleared, yet you say he's worst governor.

debbie:
I dont blame you. U blame those old men and women you deceived into voting for you. I blame the youths u brainwashed. Only God will judge ur wickedness. Like i say...may you reap your evil
The so called old men and women you insult are not idiots whose objectivity has been blocked by hatred for rochas simply because he joined apc and displaced your hero from aso rock. Those old men and those Imo youths you insult know that even with his plenty faults and fukups, rochas still remains the best Imo governor since Mbakwe. The pension arrears talked about are arrears owed since the 12 years of pdp, so yeah, the old men still know rochas is better for clearing the arrears, albeit slowly.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by emadamysy: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2016
Stay off my mention please. Do you know what is going on currently in the state. So you claimed all is from PDP(APC is neither owing pension or salary ba) I made my comment based on what is happening currently at the federal level. Enough of waiting for Abuja to distribute funds and lets learn how to help ourselves
obailala:
Continue deceiving yourself. The pension arrears being talked about here are pension areears from the 12 wasted PDP years that are being cleared, yet you say he's worst governor.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2016
Truly Rochas was slapped by a ghost carrying a child., cause the clown seems to be honest lately. Or maybe he died and was given thorough beating by those he caused der death grin cheesy
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 30, 2016
obailala:

The so called old men and women you insult are not idiots whose objectivity has been blocked by hatred for rochas simply because he joined apc and displaced your hero from aso rock. Those old men and those Imo youths you insult know that even with his plenty faults and fukups, rochas still remains the best Imo governor since Mbakwe. The pension arrears talked about are arrears owed since the 12 years of pdp, so yeah, the old men still know rochas is better for clearing the arrears, albeit slowly.
kid sharap....the bulk of that money was accumulated by Rochas ...the last time any pensioner was paid in Imo was 2014

8 Likes

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 30, 2016
Okorocha, are u sure u calculated it very well?
From the look on his face, it seems d rumor of him been slapped by d ghost is true.
The earlier he starts doing what he supposed to do the better for him.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by MARKone(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2016
You see I talk say Na the ghost of one of the pensioners, wey okorocha no pay before him delete, wooz the man slap! Now brain don reset, him remember say him dey owe pensioners and now have a priority to offset all outstanding. Our politicians needs these daily doses of spiritual slaps.
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by gokay11(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2016
Omo 16billion nitori olorun Our politicians are so heartless
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by megxo(m): 9:23am On Aug 30, 2016
A man hu wud leave d necessary projects dat needs urgency jst becos he wants to expand d road dat leads to his town....breaking ppos fences and demanded dem to re-roof and re-paint before 30days in dis time of pain and penury.. someone hu wud not pay salaries, pensions and still has d effrontery to name d government house afta his daughter and other monumental projects...
d next slap he'll receive may even cripple dat second leg... he neva see anytin.. rubbish!!!
From Achike to Owelle, y'all wud know no peace angry
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by nzemila(m): 9:33am On Aug 30, 2016
BADNEAT:
kid sharap....the bulk of that money was accumulated by Rochas ...the last time any pensioner was paid in Imo was 2014

So what you are trying to say is that he has cleared the debts from PDP.
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by obailala(m): 9:39am On Aug 30, 2016
emadamysy:
Stay off my mention please. Do you know what is going on currently in the state. So you claimed all is from PDP(APC is neither owing pension or salary ba) I made my comment based on what is happening currently at the federal level. Enough of waiting for Abuja to distribute funds and lets learn how to help ourselves
Yes I agree it is messed up for states to keep waiting every month to be spoon fed from abuja, but labelling him the 'WORST' governor (whether in imo state or in the entire SE) makes it seem like you don't know the simple meaning of the word 'worst.'
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by pinardave: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2016
obailala:
Yes I agree it is messed up for states to keep waiting every month to be spoon fed from abuja, but labelling him the 'WORST' governor (whether in imo state or in the entire SE) makes it seem like you don't know the simple meaning of the word 'worst.'
Brothers it amounts to sycophantic if you claim to be saying the truth about Okorocha. Okorocha is the worst governor ever produced by imo state. It is not a political but pure truth. About the pension, the previous administration of PDP paid pensioners, stop fabricating stories about 12 years of PDP. My parents are pensioners and will always tell you that Ohakim never owed them, Rochas is the only governor that has succeeded in pocketing LGA funds to himself by not conducting LGA election throughout his tenure. Our civil service system is in a messy state since Rochas came in. He is evil and will never go free..the blood of those innocent pensioners who died as a result of poverty will never spare him. If you like support evil, evil will be your portion.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by debbie(f): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2016
NEVER YOU QUOTE ME.....I dont mindle issues with you or your likes.Be warned
obailala:

3 Likes

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 30, 2016
nzemila:

So what you are trying to say is that he has cleared the debts from PDP.
why are you people silly?who's pdp?use a name if you must....Ikedi Ohakim met backlog of pensions of primary school teachers ....he cleared some before the coming of Rochas....Rochas came in and started clearing the remaining..while owing ibc pensioners ....and from 2014 has failed to pay a kobo to any pensioner ,....I bet you that 85% of the N16bn was accumulated by Rochas...
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by debbie(f): 10:13am On Aug 30, 2016
Have you asked those that retired from IBC abii ORIENT FM,Have you asked those of them that retired from Alvan....Even those from the ministries are crying out.,water board,imo housing and others...Over 72months and counting.I pray that God will visit IMO state and deliver them from evil.From Orlu down to okigwe down to mbaise down to owerri down to avu......is there any industry or anything generating revenue for the state? How many jobs were duly created for the youths? Oh least i forget,the POLY-FUTO road is as good a hell.ORJI to IMSU is a wonderful site to behold.
We can go on and on..
May the life of his praise singers be like the present condition of imo state.
emadamysy:

4 Likes

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by obailala(m): 10:15am On Aug 30, 2016
debbie:
NEVER YOU QUOTE ME.....I dont mindle issues with you or your likes.Be warned
It's a free forum, if you don't want to be quoted, don't leave comments, remain a 'guest' member.
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by pinardave: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2016
obailala:

Please shut your mouth if don't have anything to write..trust me you are not from imo state. Rochas is the worst governor in Imo and this has nothing to do with politics of PDP. The man is wicked, pensioners were getting paid during Ohakim and Achieve. Stop talking trash because he is APC..As it is today, every imolite is praying for God's intervention in that state. Okorocha is an occultic evil who doesn't want anyone to be happy. But he will never know peace and if you support his wickedness, wickedness and evil will follow you too. Imagine a governor who has destroyed LGA system and only appoint people who get can manilulate..

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by obailala(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2016
pinardave:

Brothers it amounts to sycophantic if you claim to be saying the truth about Okorocha. Okorocha is the worst governor ever produced by imo state. It is not a political but pure truth. About the pension, the previous administration of PDP paid pensioners, stop fabricating stories about 12 years of PDP. My parents are pensioners and will always tell you that Ohakim never owed them, Rochas is the only governor that has succeeded in pocketing LGA funds to himself by not conducting LGA election throughout his tenure. Our civil service system is in a messy state since Rochas came in. He is evil and will never go free..the blood of those innocent pensioners who died as a result of poverty will never spare him. If you like support evil, evil will be your portion.
I don't support the owing of pensions, but I simply don't agree with the part where you say he's the worst governor imo state ever produced.
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by emadamysy: 10:40am On Aug 30, 2016
debbie:
Have you asked those that retired from IBC abii ORIENT FM,Have you asked those of them that retired from Alvan....Even those from the ministries are crying out.,water board,imo housing and others...Over 72months and counting.I pray that God will visit IMO state and deliver them from evil.From Orlu down to okigwe down to mbaise down to owerri down to avu......is there any industry or anything generating revenue for the state? How many jobs were duly created for the youths? Oh least i forget,the POLY-FUTO road is as good a hell.ORJI to IMSU is a wonderful site to behold.
We can go on and on..
[b]May the life of his praise singers be like the present condition of imo state[/b]Amen.
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by pinardave: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2016
obailala:
I don't support the owing of pensions, but I simply don't agree with the part where you say he's the worst governor imo state ever produced.
Can you be objective and tell us what Rochas has done for the past 6 years..The state capital that used to be beautiful is now a shadow of itself..have you heard about his flyover which is now a river naija. Where do we start..Rochas is the worst governor ever produced in Imo state. Ohakim is far better than him, at least Ohakim had pass mark in administration, even better than Rochas in ideas just that his ideas were too flamboyant. Rochas is a criminal and stop defending him before you lay a curse to your generation.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by adconline(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2016
And he's been a governor for 6 years??
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by obailala(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2016
pinardave:

Can you be objective and tell us what Rochas has done for the past 6 years..The state capital that used to be beautiful is now a shadow of itself..have you heard about his flyover which is now a river naija. Where do we start..Rochas is the worst governor ever produced in Imo state. Ohakim is far better than him, at least Ohakim had pass mark in administration, even better than Rochas in ideas just that his ideas were too flamboyant. Rochas is a criminal and stop defending him before you lay a curse to your generation.
I have simply given my own opinion, you have a right to agree or disagree.
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by Ximonak: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2016
But there was money for Christmas tree.
the amount around N600million
Re: Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha by MadamExcellency: 11:07am On Aug 30, 2016
Pavore9:
........It proves the State Ministry of Agriculture have been idle for the past 5 years, it is not as if the State do not have rice growing communities! angry

But the most staple food Garri is from Imo State

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Launches 2019 Presidential Ambition In Full Force / Soldiers Dare Niger Militants, Attack Asari Dokubo's Residence With Armored Car / You Can Now Apply For Your EKEDC Prepaid Meter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.