Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader (945 Views)

Kano APC Crisis: Buhari Summons Ganduje, Kwankwaso To Aso-rock / How Jonathan’s Government, PDP Tried To Manipulate 2015 Elections – Jega / "Jonathan Government Was Greedocracy, Today, We Have Criminocracy" – Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by AllTheWayUp: 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hussaini Mairiga, one of the three factional leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano state, says the government of former president Goodluck Jonathan is better than their government.
Read more: https://www.naij.com/945072-jonathans-government-better-buharis-administration-apc-leader.html

In this interview with The Punch, the APC leader describes the president as a failure, adding that it is the tradition of any political party to make its mark from the first year and the second year in power.

You were recently quoted to have described President Muhammadu Buhari as a failure. Why did you say that? READ ALSO: ‘I handed Buhari the best governmenti’ – GEJ Yes, because all Nigerians felt that as soon as Buhari came to power, they would feel some relief after the hardship from the immediate-past administration of Goodluck Jonathan. But from all indications, Jonathan’s Government is better than our government. Meanwhile, the prices of all goods and services in Nigeria have gone up, particularly essential commodities. Each time one buys a product from the market and goes back the second day; one will notice that the price has drastically increased. It’s indeed failure to him and us, the APC members and followers of the party.

The painful aspect is that we turn a blind eye when our own is doing something wrong. Each time the President goes wrong, it’s better to tell him right away than to wait until he leaves government before cataloguing his misdeeds. Are you trying to score cheap political points with your recent criticisms of the President as some people are wondering why a member of the APC would be publicly criticising a leader of the party? Yes, those people do not know who Hussaini Mairiga is.

I have been with President Buhari since 2002, when he veered into politics and I am still his supporter and follower. I will therefore not close my eyes and overlook his other side because he is the President of the nation. He is a human being like me and was given power by almighty Allah, and by tomorrow, Allah may bring him down. Any person who is an administrator that I follow, I must tell him whenever he goes wrong. Certainly I will not start criticising him after his tenure in office. I have to tell him the truth and I often call my friends in government on phone for them to advise the President on what Nigerians are actually facing. I also personally call on phone but they often refuse to respond to my numerous calls. The truth is that I was a member of the then All Nigeria Peoples Party (now defunct). Speaking from my experience, I observed that the party executives always hid the truth from Buhari because they wanted to get something from him. But as for me, I am not lobbying for any position from him and therefore,

I have to tell him the truth, no matter how bitter it is, to enable him to right his wrongs. Don’t you think criticising him now is premature since it is a new government that is trying to restructure? What is the big deal about a new government? It’s indeed the tradition of any political party to make its mark from the first year and the second year in power, as the third and fourth years are for politicking and rigorous campaigning. As a result-oriented politician, the first and second years are enough to make headway, while the remaining two years are for politicking. Based on this reality, I have no alternative but to talk to Buhari and tell him the truth. Even if I am victimised for doing so, It is okay as long as I am fighting for the Nigerian masses. I would not mind stepping on toes as long as I am speaking the truth. READ ALSO: Economic crisis: Nigerians demand GEJ’s return

Meanwhile the former president, recently stated that he handed over the best Nigerian government and the largest economy in Africa to President Muhammadu Buhari. Reno Omokri, the former special assistant on new media to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan in a series on Tweets on Wednesday, August 24, stated how the former president took over and handed the best government to the present administration.

Read more: https://www.naij.com/945072-jonathans-government-better-buharis-administration-apc-leader.html

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Pidggin(f): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
grin one good thing about Northerners is that when something pains them they cry out without shame unlike the SWs who prefer to suffer and even die in silence, smh

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by adehsenior(m): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
This is what hunger can cause, well let the confession begin.
In Femi Adesina's voice "Its only wailing wailers that are complaining of being hungry ".
APC chanji sak
Pls OP tell mairiga that wailers form are no longer on sale.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by mazichika: 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
T
Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Eboski(m): 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
Small small them don they get sense. I know the lies can't last forever, it remain my brothers from the west to do the same.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Temptee101(m): 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
Chai. Hunger na bastard, see as hunger comot truth for this man mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Eboski(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
This is what a Northern said about PMB. Hussaini Mairiga, one of the three factional leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano state, says the government of former president Goodluck Jonathan is better than their government. Hussain Mairiga 2016.........

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Fedayeen02: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
Omenka and modath needs to learn from this man.

Elections are over so kedu ife ji nkita onwu

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by basilo101: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
yorubas still hoping on the fanatical northern votes to claim political wizardry are in for a big shock, the north is worst hit in any bad govt cos they are the least self reliant

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Eboski(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
This is what a Northern said about PMB. Hussaini Mairiga, one of the three factional leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano state, says the government of former president Goodluck Jonathan is better than their government. Hussain Mairiga 2016.........

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Eboski(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Eboski(m): 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Fedayeen02: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
Pidggin:
grin one good thing about Northerners is that when something pains them they cry out without shame unlike the SWs who prefer to suffer andven die in silence, smh
please put hardcore zombies there.

Some zombies are going to bed today on empty stomach but they will stil shout Sai baba in the morning

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Montaque(m): 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
Home truth!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Better Than Buhari’s Administration – Kano APC Leader by Luckylife(m): 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
The wise wailers will say ! Una never chinchunchi!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s 2016 Budget: A Consolidation Of Corruption By Saharareporters / Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN / Sowore On TVC "This Morning" Says He Has His Ways Of Entering & Leaving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.