Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:25 AM

Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] (1260 Views)

After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready / I Need Online Banking Source Code In PHP, MSQL / Online Banking Source Code In PHP, MSQL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] by frank417: 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
Please, i'm on a journey to learn web design and development, and I need very understandable videos with vast knowledge on the above mentioned coding languages to support myself.

i'm pleading to you gurus and already-made coding chairmen here, to please recommend not just videos, but other things that had helped you during your young coding age. Thanks.
Re: Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello Frank, your username sounds familiar to me. I learnt PHP from www.phpforkids.com and www.tizag.com . But another good site is www.w3schools.com .
However, I don't think it would be easy to learn it all at once. Instead, pick one, learn it well, then move to the next one. Doing very well with one technology may take you months.
For example, I started with just HTML alone; then CSS; then PHP. Although I don't value Javascript, but I am now using my skills in PHP to learn it since most of the syntax are the same.
It helps to know just one at a time. Trying to learn it all at once might be counterproductive.

1 Like

Re: Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] by frank417: 12:59am On Aug 30, 2016
Laive:
Hello Frank, your username sounds familiar to me. I learnt PHP from www.phpforkids.com and www.tizag.com . But another good site is www.w3schools.com .
However, I don't think it would be easy to learn it all at once. Instead, pick one, learn it well, then move to the next one. Doing very well with one technology may take you months.
For example, I started with just HTML alone; then CSS; then PHP. Although I don't value Javascript, but I am now using my skills in PHP to learn it since most of the syntax are the same.
It helps to know just one at a time. Trying to learn it all at once might be counterproductive.

Thanks
I use codecanyon.com to learn though, and a little of w3school too
so you didn't use any video?
Re: Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 30, 2016
frank417:

Thanks
I use codecanyon.com to learn though, and a little of w3school too
so you didn't use any video?
No, I didn't... Programming, to me is all about building an imagination of a problem and then using code to provide a solution.
The trick I used was downloading and printing of pirated copies of good PHP books in PDF. Reading and understanding technical books is not a joke! It wasn't easy but most of those books helped me a lot.
Infact, I first learnt PHP theoretically. No way to test things because I had no smart phone or computer. It was really boring! But then, a lot of that theory is helping me today.
Everyone has a way of learning things fast. If videos will help, go with them. If books will help, buy them or get pirated copies. But the best option is getting enough theory first. You'll then fall back on your theoretical knowledge when doing some practical coding.
Re: Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] by wallmosh: 11:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
There are millions on YouTube.
Re: Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] by frank417: 10:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
wallmosh:
There are millions on YouTube.

I know. but I just want you to recommend me a very understanding and rich one you know.
there are millions on youtube as u said, I just can't watch all, and even though I want to, it will be very expensive Mb-subscription wise.
why go through all of that to get a good one when I have seniors like you in the house who can just recommend me one they used?
Re: Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] by Vstuffs(m): 11:11am On Sep 07, 2016
shocked
Re: Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] by Vstuffs(m): 11:11am On Sep 07, 2016
Check torrents for udemy or Lynda video
And get a project to work on when learning
Re: Great Videos To Learn Css, Php, Msql And Javascript [HELP] by wallmosh: 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
frank417:

I know. but I just want you to recommend me a very understanding and rich one you know.
there are millions on youtube as u said, I just can't watch all, and even though I want to, it will be very expensive Mb-subscription wise.
why go through all of that to get a good one when I have seniors like you in the house who can just recommend me one they used?
codecourse or phpacademy then others in their ranges. Check the side pop-up on right .

(1) (Reply)

Get Lynda Tutorial Account Unlimited For 5h Only / Urgently In Need Of A Mlm Binary Php Script / I Need Of A Wordpress Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.