Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

INEC Boycotts Ondo PDP Primary Held In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Boycotts Ondo PDP Primary Held In Ibadan (490 Views)

Man Set On Fire At PDP Primary In Abia (Pics) / Court Stops Sheriff From Conducting Ondo PDP Primary In Ibadan / Sheriff Declares Edo PDP Primary Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INEC Boycotts Ondo PDP Primary Held In Ibadan by omaolowo(m): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
http://greennews.ng/inec-boycotts-ondo-pdp-primary/

August 29, 2016

Makanjuola Olaleye

INEC Boycotts Ondo PDP Primary Held In Ibadan     

THE  Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) were absent at the Ali Modu Sheriff’s faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held in Ibadan on Monday.

An Ondo State High Court, also stopped the Sheriff faction from holding the parallel primary.

Mr. Segun Agbaje, the Resident Electoral Commissioner in Ondo State, said that the commission did not provide anybody to monitor the primary of Sheriff’s faction of the PDP.

Justice Omolara who was the presiding judge said in her ruling that no PDP’s faction should conduct any primary outside the one that had been conducted by the Clement Faboyede led State Congress.

She however ordered Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim, Sola Ebiseni, Bamiduro Dada and Niran Sule not to parade themselves as the aspirants for such parallel primary.

The justice said, “I have read motion paper and the affidavit of same, I have also considered the provision of the law relied upon in bringing the application. it is my view that the application has merit.”

Furthermore, in spite of the court order, the parallel primary of the Sheriff’s faction was conducted in Ibadan and Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim was reported to have emerged the winner

(1) (Reply)

Announcement Of Peace Would Be Made By The Boko Haram In The Next 24hrs,aisha Wa / Ondo APC Guber Primary: ‘I Am Confident Of Victory’ – Boroffice / #edodecides: Let Them Keep Postponing Their Evil Day, Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.