Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Nnpc Or Accenture - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nnpc Or Accenture (4342 Views)

NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home / Guys, Please NNPC Or Schlumberger (expat Appointment). Which Would You Accept??? / What Is The Entry Level Salary For Accenture, Kpmg Pwc And Awd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnpc Or Accenture by ejisky: 9:22am On Dec 15, 2006
nnpc or accenture which one should i choose
Re: Nnpc Or Accenture by AfricaFace(f): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2006
Ejisky, I will start by congratulating you for getting the two offers, if you actaully did the test and the interviews yourself without a  God father, i must say you are a very smart Guy. I will also thank seun for this site, cause it has helped a lot of people. 

Ejike, let me be a bit comprehensive,

Accenture is a Big Consulting firm of the likes of KPMG and PWC. It is a multinational company that has branches in all the parts of the world. It's involved in IT , Accounting, Audting,Foresenic, etc Consultation for all the big companies in Nigeria including your NNPC. it was the consulting arm of AA--ANTO ANDERSON before they went down. Accenture will give you an exposure you will never get anywhere in this country even in NNPC. Within  your First 6 months in Accenture , you will be under training, , some where in UK, USA or at worst south africa. one of your welcome Package is A personal Laptop that will enhance your work, But my dear friend, are you ready to be working and studying at the same time, My friend calls his office (Accenture) a cooperate University. To whom more is given more is expected,  Fialure is not a choice, Your promotion is based on your Performamnce, you are not copying anybodies work, you have to read hard and go for trainings round the world,  You won't be surprise that after 8 months you will be sent to go and Audit GTB,
A good place to be,,,, Good pay indeed,  If i had the opportunity, Accenture would have been second to none in my choice,  remember you will leave accenture as a consultant, wheather you like it or not.

NNPC----  this company we all know is dieing seriously ,  Thank God they haven't sold it to themselves,  Who knows. I don't know what their Salary is, But mind you, you can be in NNPC for 10 years without adding any value to your Life because there is no work to do there. , those greedy Oga's will set your office on fire after embezzling some funds and you will become jobless again, 

I would have had a second choice if we were comparing Accenture and Shell or Chevron, But not NNPC.

My Good friend (ogwuna ka oham na onu),  this is the end of discussion, the choice is yours , what exactly do you want,  Less work ,  more money, uncertain tommorrow---then go for NNPC,  EXcees work,  Proportional Pay,  Bright Future,  Accenture is the best,

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Life is about Choice.
Remember No one can go back and make a new beginning, but any one can start from now and make a happy ending"

1 Like

Re: Nnpc Or Accenture by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 17, 2006
It's better you go wit Accenture, NNPC is a vast pot of corruption it's only those willing to compromise theirselves that make it in NNPC as Ejisky said the major work that goes on in NNPC is embezzling and if you go to work for NNPC.Most of the workers in NNPC live far above their means if this is the type of lifestyle you want go ahead and work for NNPC and if you are not willing to compromise they will find a way to force you out of the company.
Re: Nnpc Or Accenture by saknel: 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2007
Hi, pls can you tell me what nnpc's entry level package is like,
Re: Nnpc Or Accenture by esplendido(f): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2007
Guy
I ll tell you the truth, you would be much more marketable if u have accenture on your CV
Pls go for accenture, though u did not tell us what the both of them will be paying. Pls what is the format of accenture test? Pls I will be writing soon. Pls let me know. Thanks
Just reply on this thread ok
Ciao
Re: Nnpc Or Accenture by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2007
dont think twice,pick Accenture.
Re: Nnpc Or Accenture by Tats(m): 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2007
See strike outs and then my input in italics
AfricaFace:

Ejisky, I will start by congratulating you for getting the two offers, if you actaully did the test and the interviews yourself without a  God father, i must say you are a very smart Guy. I will also thank seun for this site, cause it has helped a lot of people. 

Ejike, let me be a bit comprehensive,

Accenture is a Big Consulting firm of the likes of KPMG and PWC. It is a multinational company that has branches in all the parts of the world. It's involved in IT , Accounting, Audting,Foresenic, etc Consultation for all the big companies in Nigeria including your NNPC. it was the consulting arm of AA--ANTO ANDERSON Arthur Andersen before they went down. Accenture will give you an exposure you will never get anywhere in this country even in NNPC. Within your First 6 months more like 1 year in Accenture , you will be under training, , some where in UK, USA or at worst south africa. one of your welcome Package is A personal Laptop that will enhance your work, But my dear friend, are you ready to be working and studying at the same time, My friend calls his office (Accenture) a cooperate University. To whom more is given more is expected,  Fialure is not a choice, Your promotion is based on your Performamnce, you are not copying anybodies work, you have to read hard and go for trainings round the world,  You won't be surprise that after 8 months you will be sent to go and Audit consult for GTB,
A good place to be,,,, Good pay indeed,  If i had the opportunity, Accenture would have been second to none in my choice,  remember you will leave accenture as a consultant, wheather you like it or not.

NNPC----  this company we all know is dieing seriously ,  Thank God they haven't sold it to themselves,  Who knows. I don't know what their Salary is, But mind you, you can be in NNPC for 10 years without adding any value to your Life because there is no work to do there. , those greedy Oga's will set your office on fire after embezzling some funds and you will become jobless again, 

I would have had a second choice if we were comparing Accenture and Shell or Chevron, But not NNPC.

My Good friend (ogwuna ka oham na onu),  this is the end of discussion, the choice is yours , what exactly do you want,  Less work ,  more money, uncertain tommorrow---then go for NNPC,  EXcees work,  Proportional Pay,  Bright Future,  Accenture is the best,

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Life is about Choice.
Remember No one can go back and make a new beginning, but any one can start from now and make a happy ending"
Re: Nnpc Or Accenture by nkemdilimi: 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2007
Ejisky,
Congrats!
Both companies are great. Tats however gave a very wrong impression of NNPC. I am an insider and know the immense benefits/opportunities here. The picture he painted is far removed from the reality.

it's pretty difficult making any suggestions because you did not give any info on your profile, whether you are coming in as entry position, your discipline ,
Re: Nnpc Or Accenture by Tats(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2007
nkemdilimi:

Ejisky,
Congrats!
Both companies are great. Tats however gave a very wrong impression of NNPC. I am an insider and know the immense benefits/opportunities here. The picture he painted is far removed from the reality.

it's pretty difficult making any suggestions because you did not give any info on your profile, whether you are coming in as entry position, your discipline ,

@nkemdilimi,

Read my post very well. I didn't do that write up on NNPC Vs Accenture. All I did was to correct @Africaface's misconceptions about Accenture, simple.

(1) (Reply)

Help Desk / Current Working Conditions & Opportunities In Nigerian Capital Markets / Nipr / Beec Exam Training In Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.