Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,970 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:34 AM

Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha (9395 Views)

Contact Ministry Of Happiness If You've Not Received Nov/Dec Salaries - Okorocha / President Buhari Returns To Abuja After 4-day Working Visit To Turkey / Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:27am On Aug 30, 2016
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has insisted that the three-day working policy crafted by the state government for civil servants in the state stands.

The confirmation came barely few days after the Nigeria Labour Congress in the state protested against the policy and other ills by the state government.

He also said that the cutting of the working days to three from five would have no interference with the workers’ salaries and allowances.

“I will not cut workers’ salaries because of the two days,“ he said.

Okorocha, while briefing journalists on Monday in Owerri after his overseas trip, stated that workers would go to work between Mondays and Wednesdays, leaving Thursdays and Fridays for agricultural activities.

He, however, noted that any worker that would not come to his or her duty post for any reason must get a written document (permission) from either the Head of Service or Chief of Staff (in the Government House) of the state.

Okorocha said, “Any worker, who is not found in his/her duty post without permission or exemption letter from the Head of Service or his counterpart will immediately lose his/her position to another person from his or her community.”

The governor added that the civil servants working days were cut because they (workers) did not make judicious use of their official hours.

“Instead of being devoted to the work they are paid for, they use their official hours to loiter about; they sell groundnut, gala, chin-chin and sieve egusi, among others, in the office. I decided to reduce the working days because I want to enhance agriculture in the state.”

There is nothing that is cultivated or produced in the state. All the things we eat like tomato, pepper, cucumber, groundnut and others things are produced in the North. Think of a situation where the northerners decide to stop supplying us with these edibles, what happens?”

In strong terms, he maintained that the state government had paid all salaries of workers in the state, up to August, 2016. On the part of pensioners, he promised that they would soon receive all arrears of their pension.

Okorocha said that over 3000 fresh computer literate graduates would soon be employed in the civil service to develop the economy.

He regretted that over 95 per cent of Imo State workers were not computer literate and attributed their low productivity to it.

Meanwhile, Okorocha had said that he was hale and hearty and told Imo citizens and Nigerians to dismiss the rumour and postings on the Facebook /Internet that he was dead.

He said, “The rumour only came from my political opponents. They wished me dead, but God Almighty has put them to shame. They even went further to dispel rumours that goddess of Nworie and Otamiri River slapped me. I am alive and bouncing in the Lord. I only travelled for economic mission and to visit my daughter, who has given me another grandson.”

http://www.punching.com/three-day-working-policy-wont-affect-salaries-okorocha/

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Davash222(m): 12:33am On Aug 30, 2016
Believe this man at your own peril.

Mr Governor, I can never Insult you or your office, but permit me to say...

You are demented!!

25 Likes

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by SageTravels: 1:11am On Aug 30, 2016
This recently completed tunnel was built in Imo
state using an ultra modern technology that
temporarily converts cars to yachts when passing
through.
Should be named the transformer tunnel. This
single lane tunnel cost 10 billion naira and was
built by Rocha's Okorocha in 2016.
No drainage. Free yacht conversion, you can try it
with your car.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by sekundosekundo: 3:00am On Aug 30, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

http://www.punching.com/three-day-working-policy-wont-affect-salaries-okorocha/

Sir, the Northerners that supplies you all these edibles, did they achieve this through three-day-working-policy?. Pls answer me ASAP to avoid another ghost slap.

8 Likes

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by chriskosherbal(m): 3:06am On Aug 30, 2016
Relief to workers.
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Lifestone(m): 3:18am On Aug 30, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Relief to workers.
How will he conduct an impact assessment of this programme?
I used to admire Rochas a lot before he became a Governor but can't say the same again.
Why do some good men become bad once they get into power

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Pavore9: 5:53am On Aug 30, 2016
"There is nothing that is cultivated or produced in the state. All the things we eat like tomato, pepper, cucumber, groundnut and others things are produced in the North. Think of a situation where the northerners decide to stop supplying us with these edibles, what happens?”

Not just tell them to go and farm as he has a responsibility to see that the State Ministry of Agriculture empower Imolites with the knowledge of how to productively grow these crops, make hybrid seeds easily available for people to buy then post handling and value addition.

1 Like

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by NameCheckers: 6:48am On Aug 30, 2016
Pavore9:
There is nothing that is cultivated or produced in the state. All the things we eat like tomato, pepper, cucumber, groundnut and others things are produced in the North. Think of a situation where the northerners decide to stop supplying us with these edibles, what happens?”

Not just tell them to go and farm as he has a responsibility to see that the State Ministry of Agriculture empower Imolites with the knowledge of how to productively grow these crops, make hybrid seeds easily available for people to buy then post handling and value addition.
See ur mouth like produced in the North.

1 Like

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:51am On Aug 30, 2016
It had better not
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by otukpo(f): 6:51am On Aug 30, 2016
Okorocha is a liar.

And let us remind him that all liars go to hell.

6 Likes

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Pavore9: 6:57am On Aug 30, 2016
NameCheckers:
See ur mouth like produced in the North.

Quoting me or Okorocha?

1 Like

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:57am On Aug 30, 2016
Lifestone:

How will he conduct an impact assessment of this programme?
I used to admire Rochas a lot before he became a Governor but can't say the same again.
Why do some good men become bad once they get into power

My dear, they were never good men we just didn't know them enough then.I really admired him when he came running 4 his 1st tenure, my dad told me rochas was nd still a crook but I won't believe him but now I know berra....Good morning Sir

1 Like

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by NameCheckers: 7:07am On Aug 30, 2016
Pavore9:

Quoting me or Okorocha?
Dunno how to explain it 2 u....
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Pavore9: 7:19am On Aug 30, 2016
NameCheckers:
Dunno how to explain it 2 u....

What did l post that got your attention?
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by NameCheckers: 7:24am On Aug 30, 2016
Pavore9:

What did l post that got your attention?
Lol sorry sir.... My mind is just waking up....
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Pavore9: 7:29am On Aug 30, 2016
NameCheckers:
Lol sorry sir.... My mind is just waking up....

You need a steaming cup of pure cocoa powder to wake up your mind fully! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by NameCheckers: 7:32am On Aug 30, 2016
Pavore9:

You need a steaming cup of pure cocoa powder to wake up your mind fully! cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol sure... Av a great day man cool
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Pavore9: 7:40am On Aug 30, 2016
NameCheckers:
lol sure... Av a great day man cool

You too.
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by GossipHeart(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2016
This man is dumber than a door knob

1 Like

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by ogawisdom(m): 7:58am On Aug 30, 2016
Working hours and days have been defined by the country's Constitution n any law inconsistent with it remains null and void.

Rochas when u go get sense nw undecided

3 Likes

Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2016
But is it not this same man who said he had reached the brink of death and his ancestors brought him back.
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by OTmathew: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Relief to workers.
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Gkemz: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2016
He did that to justify the already reduced salary.
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by advocatebaba(m): 8:01am On Aug 30, 2016
SageTravels:
This recently completed tunnel was built in Imo
state using an ultra modern technology that
temporarily converts cars to yachts when passing
through.
Should be named the transformer tunnel. This
single lane tunnel cost 10 billion naira and was
built by Rocha's Okorocha in 2016.
No drainage. Free yacht conversion, you can try it
with your car.
LOL. GUY U GET BAD MOUTH.
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by vectoh(m): 8:08am On Aug 30, 2016
i can't remember d lastym i said up nepa...dz one too dey talk rubish...whc kine country b dz sef
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by FinestPINACLE(f): 8:11am On Aug 30, 2016
Jex passing!
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by CrazyPanther(f): 8:16am On Aug 30, 2016
ah ah ah
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2016
How many of these workers have access to arable land meant for cultivation ?
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by socrates007: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2016
If u are strong and of sound body why did u tell ur people u saw heaven and hell.abi na watin ur daughter born. be that.
i love this man though but i abhor lies.the truth is that u fell ill but nw u are strong.
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 30, 2016
Nice
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by Zhul001(m): 8:21am On Aug 30, 2016
The truth is that you can't force the populace to farm, just focus on the strength of the farmers, Palm oil ogbono and the rest. Those are the pride of South East. They will do well and average igbo man will rather focus on other business than farming.
Re: Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha by BiafraIShere(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2016
So those workers without lands to farm should sleep at home on those days? What a useless policy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction / Life Pension: SERAP Asks Court To Order 36 Govs To Publish Payment Details / BREAKING NEWS: Hausa Vs Yoruba Fight Spills To Matogun Market, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.