Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. (45396 Views)

Condoms Sale Increases On Valentine Day By 70 Percent – NAN / Men Pay Extra Money To Have Sex With Prostitutes In Abuja Without Condoms - FACA / UNFPA Distributes 53,000 Condoms At Calabar Christmas Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 3:51am On Aug 30, 2016
Why are there so many fake condoms in Nigeria today?

Most of them break while being used.

Can the Ministry of health look into this please, considering the fact that this could be hazardous to the health and can also lead to unwanted pregnancies?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by HungerBAD: 3:57am On Aug 30, 2016
LOL.

LOL.

LOL.

Baby Lawyer how far?I know you are a nursing mother, and you opened a thread to complain about condoms bursting?Laughing. Why na after you born finish you come dey complain say the thing burst? oya sue me.

Laughing.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 4:07am On Aug 30, 2016
HungerBAD:
LOL.

LOL.

LOL.

Baby Lawyer how far?I know you are a nursing mother, and you opened a thread to complain about condoms bursting?Laughing. Why na after you born finish you come dey complain say the thing burst? oya sue me.

Laughing.

Do not derail my post. If you have nothing meaningful to contribute you check the next thread. Thanks.

125 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by HungerBAD: 4:11am On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:

Do not derail my post. If you have nothing meaningful to contribute you check the next thread. Thanks.

Derail?nah,not my style.

I am just curious why a Nursing mother is complaining about burst condoms. As a Lawyer, you are smart enough to see the relationship between a burst condom, and a baby right?

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 4:15am On Aug 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

Derail?nah,not my style.

I am just curious why a Nursing mother is complaining about burst condoms.

I see I owe you a lot of explanations papa but if you must know I am worried about the effects of the fake condoms on people's health and also pregnancy prevention. If you have nothing to say in these regards you can disappear please. Thanks.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Destined2win: 4:18am On Aug 30, 2016
Don't really know much about that
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Ishilove: 4:20am On Aug 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

Derail?nah,not my style.

I am just curious why a Nursing mother is complaining about burst condoms. As a Lawyer, you are smart enough to see the relationship between a burst condom, and a baby right?

HungerBAD:
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.
Laughing.
You see as you dey find trouble? grin

29 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by HungerBAD: 4:27am On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:

I see I owe you a lot of explanations papa but if you must know I am worried about the effects of the fake condoms on people's health and also pregnancy prevention. If you have nothing to say in these regards you can disappear please. Thanks.

There are a lot of fake products in Nigeria,condoms included.

Condoms in my list of fake things, really does not count as bad as the Fake Medicines that are produced En Masse for the consumption by ordinarily Nigerians, especially medications that are taken by Children.

1- The NAFDAC Should be empowered like the EFCC to go after Offenders, and Judges should sentence those making sub standard products like Medicines and Condoms spend a long time in Jail.

2- 80% Of all fake everything in Nigeria, comes from the East. The Authority knows these factories and people that produces these fake products. Arrest them, close down their factories.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Ishilove: 4:37am On Aug 30, 2016
This is the first time I'm hearing of fake condoms. I thought burst condoms are as a result of their quality, not originality.

A condom like Gold Circle, which is government subsidised cannot be compared to one like Karex or Ruff Ryder. These ones are a lot more expensive than 50 naira Gold Circle, so they may be of better quality and durability.

I equally believe since there are different grades of condoms, there will equally be different qualities. If one bursts it means it is of low quality, so change to another!

I stand to to be corrected though. I truly have no idea about fake condoms.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by HungerBAD: 4:42am On Aug 30, 2016
Ishilove:
This is the first time I'm hearing of fake condoms. I thought burst condoms are as a result of their quality, not originality.

A condom like Gold Circle, which is government subsidised cannot be compared to one like Karex or Ruff Ryder. These ones are a lot more expensive than 50 naira Gold Circle, so they may be of better quality and durability.

I equally believe since there are different grades of condoms, there will equally be different qualities. If one bursts it means it is of low quality, so change to another!

You and the Baby Lawyer have a lot to answer.

How come you ladies know more about Condoms than the guys?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Fragilegirl(f): 4:52am On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:

sincerely dis is the first time I'm hearing abt this. Could be wrong usage

2 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Ishilove: 4:56am On Aug 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

Mr Hungerbad, it's not rocket science na. Walk into any pharmacy and ask questions.

I walked into Nett Pharmacy at Opebi to get something, and when I was checking out, I raised my eyes and beheld a dazzling array of condoms hanging behind the checkout cashier.

I asked the cashier: Aunty, e dakun, are all those things behind you condoms?

The lady smiled and answered in the affirmative.

I clapped my hands and exclaimed ehennn! cheesy cheesy

We both giggled and na there question and answer start. She outlined the various types, their prices and alleged qualities. Some condoms cost as much as 2,500!! shocked embarassed

Put shyness aside and ask questions from your medical practitioners and 'chemists'. It will save you the anxieties that accompany burst condoms.

Local pharmacies will have data on consumer feedback, and as such will able to advise you, to an extent on the kinds of condoms that are prone to bursting (I stand to be corrected).

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by youngest85(m): 6:02am On Aug 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

Condoms in my list of fake things, really does not count as bad as the Fake Medicines that are produced En Masse for the consumption by ordinarily Nigerians, especially medications that are taken by Children.

1- The NAFDAC Should be empowered like the EFCC to go after Offenders, and Judges should sentence those making sub standard products like Medicines and Condoms spend a long time in Jail.

2- 80% Of all fake everything in Nigeria, comes from the East. The Authority knows these factories and people that produces these fake products. Arrest them, close down their factories.

'Close down their factories' and some people become jobless...
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by anigbajumo(m): 7:14am On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:

Can the Ministry of health look into this please, considering the fact that this could be hazardous to the health and can also lead to unwanted pregnancies?

Tell your guy to gat manix,it is was 450 b4, now 600h.Quote me back if it burst,rather than all this Jones, kiss even durex wey dem dey sell 150-200naira wey dey burst anyhow.

4 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 8:03am On Aug 30, 2016
Fragilegirl:

sincerely dis is the first time I'm hearing abt this. Could be wrong usage

Maybe the users are both amateurs lol.

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

From the east, are you for real? must you always tour the tribal route? Gerrararia mehnn!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Fragilegirl(f): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2016
grin
amtaken:

Maybe the users are both amateurs lol.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 11:58am On Aug 30, 2016
Destined2win:
Don't really know much about that

It's ok
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ishilove:

The Government should place control measures regarding products that come into the country regardless of their prizes to avoid disasters. Don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

Hungerbad are you married?
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ishilove:

Mr Hungerbad, it's not rocket science na. Walk into any pharmacy and ask questions.

I walked into Nett Pharmacy at Opebi to get something, and when I was checking out, I raised my eyes and beheld a dazzling array of condoms hanging behind the checkout cashier.

I asked the cashier: Aunty, e dakun, are all those things behind you condoms?

The lady smiled and answered in the affirmative.

I clapped my hands and exclaimed ehennn! cheesy cheesy

We both giggled and na there question and answer start. She outlined the various types, their prices and alleged qualities. Some condoms cost as much as 2,500!! shocked embarassed

Put shyness aside and ask questions from your medical practitioners and 'chemists'. It will save you the anxieties that accompany burst condoms.

Local pharmacies will have data on consumer feedback, and as such will able to advise you, to an extent on the kinds of condoms that are prone to bursting (I stand to be corrected).

Maybe I should go for such lectures too.

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by HungerBAD: 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:

Hungerbad are you married?

I really don't know.

Lately ladies have been asking me that question a lot,but if you are proposing to me,then you will have to wait at the back of the line as others are waiting their turns patiently.

Trust me.

I have always wanted a lawyer for a wife,and I might just say I do to you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:

I think you would do well to tell/show us examples of the 'fake condoms ''
Don't just raise dust like that, further enlighten us.
The little I know about condom breaks is majorly down to :
> improper wearing, especially allowing air into the tip while putting it on
> Excessive friction especially for the less durable quality and for those who do marathon sex or 'awkward positions '.
PS: I don't expect anyone to fuq for more than 10mins without changing condoms FFS

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by agarawu23(m): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hain
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by thundabot(f): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
WHY US CONDOM ?? WHY WASTE MONEY DO SIMPLE HIV TEST. SKIN TO SKIN ALL THE WAY

5 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Toks2008(m): 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:

Must you use condom.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by soberdrunk(m): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2016
The "topography" of the "engine room" is also a major factor, some engine rooms dey rough and this can cause tear...... angry

6 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by veekid(m): 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
Buy original condom like Happney65 always do; and stop complaining here jor
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
This is actually a serious issue. Fake condom can also increase the rate at which STDs are spread. So government need to do something urgent about it.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by holluphemydavid(m): 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
I concur with d Op but I dnt use it
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by femi4: 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:

male condoms or female condoms?
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Jay542(m): 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
Toks2008:

Must you use condom.
You funny oo. He can't abstain he needs to use it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

After Treating STD, This Is How I See Women Now / What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? / New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.