Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. (45397 Views)

Condoms Sale Increases On Valentine Day By 70 Percent – NAN / Men Pay Extra Money To Have Sex With Prostitutes In Abuja Without Condoms - FACA / UNFPA Distributes 53,000 Condoms At Calabar Christmas Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:
Why are there so many fake condoms in Nigeria today?

Most of them break while being used.

Can the Ministry of health look into this please, considering the fact that this could be hazardous to the health and can also lead to unwanted pregnancies?

Only very little can be done about this by the regulatory bodies, and that would be public awareness, letting people know there are places they can't buy condoms from, possibly how to discern fakes from original, and finally how to safely store and use the condoms. Think about how many kiosks, and even mallams that hawk these things, where do you even start regulating from?

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by chimaobinelson(m): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
SuperBlack:
The funny thing is that, you cannot test a Condom before buying, and i don't know why it's like that.
B4 u wan tasteam gringringringrin which kai funny person u be
.lolgrin
dem go draw girl for wall ,digg small hole fr her below, for ur testin tins
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
Which one is fake condom? Is wrong usage of condom that makes it to tear.doubt if they now have igbo made condoms.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Ishilove: 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
zico10:
When it comes to condom I think I have an idea. Firstly we need to know that as of today, no condom is been produced in Nigeria what they do is branding.
Condom use start from the point of purchase to the way we handle it before we actually use it.
When you want to buy a condom, don't buy it inside a container shop or a place where direct sunlight is heating it. Cos condoms are made of rubber (latex) the more the sun heat it the more it becomes weaker.
Immediately after purchase, check for the manufacturing date and expire date. This most have a five years interval, if not return it immediately.
Open the condom and use your hand to press it to make sure the air inside it as not escape. If the air has escaped, it means the condom has been puncture so when use its bound to break.
Guy should take note of this, after purchase don't put it inside your back pocket cos the more you sit on it the weaker it becomes and when use it can break.
When you want to open it always use your finger to open it from the rough edges and not from the smooth sides. NOTE: don't use blade, or teeth to open it cos it may cos it to break. And its advisable that your woman or girlfriend help you to roll it over leaving a little space on the tip of the condom for your sperm to drop. Don't allow air to enter the tip cos it may break. And for cool enjoyment, you can add lubrica. if we follow this little procedure, we can reduce the condom break to the nearest minimal. Finally so far that a condom is been sold at #5000 does not make it original and so far that a condom is been sold at #30 does not make it fake but the way we handle it at times matter. I stand to be corrected o.
Twale!

3 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by lanreni: 8:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
abbey621:

No knowledge is ever wasted, things like this should be discussed openly as it ensures a more educated populace. Just because your point of view is abstinence does not mean it's the only correct way. People who use condoms have nothing to be ashamed of, in fact I applaud them for they are wiser than those that see condoms as a negative barrier and would rather skinny dip when having coitus. While abstinence is great, it isn't for everyone. We are humans with different tolerance and sexual desires, some people choose to hide those feelings till after marriage while some chose to explore them as early and frequently possible. Judge not my friend!
I beg to disagree. The problem of your generation is not knowledge, it is character that has messed up the value system. Ask a six year old of things like this and you will be amazed. Knowledge is bound to increase by default. You can't slow down that. What matters is the decline of value system that should ensure we always use the knowledge appropriately in improving our lives and society. What would you rather teach your baby? usage of condoms or abstinence? the former teaches a lack of selfcontrol while the latter teaches delayed gratification for future gains. you be the judge!

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by tobby006(f): 8:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
wtf is dat must u av sex
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
SuperBlack:
Get married and stop living a sinful life also avoid use of Condom, it's not a must to fvck. And if ya married, i dn't see the reason to use a condom with ya man. Gudnyt.

I am very much married OK. Keep the ten commandments first before inventing new ones. Thanks.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:
Why are there so many fake condoms in Nigeria today?

Most of them break while being used.

Can the Ministry of health look into this please, considering the fact that this could be hazardous to the health and can also lead to unwanted pregnancies?

You are worrying about unwanted pregnancy when I think the biggest fear should be aids.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Seahawk: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2016
This is actually a serious issue but not surprisingly, posters are being childish and stupid about it.

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Seahawk: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2016
SuperBlack:
Get married and stop living a sinful life also avoid use of Condom, it's not a must to fvck. And if ya married, i dn't see the reason to use a condom with ya man. Gudnyt.
you don't see the need? How about to prevent having 6 children in 5years. Typical pretentious low IQ folks

3 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
All the virgins here blaming me for discussing condoms should please spare me. I was a virgin too till I officially got married.

Condoms can be used by married couples too as a family planning method.

Thanks to those who commented sensibly.

Good night folks.

4 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by hommespecia: 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ishilove:

Mr Hungerbad, it's not rocket science na. Walk into any pharmacy and ask questions.

I walked into Nett Pharmacy at Opebi to get something, and when I was checking out, I raised my eyes and beheld a dazzling array of condoms hanging behind the checkout cashier.

I asked the cashier: Aunty, e dakun, are all those things behind you condoms?

The lady smiled and answered in the affirmative.

I clapped my hands and exclaimed ehennn! cheesy cheesy

We both giggled and na there question and answer start. She outlined the various types, their prices and alleged qualities. Some condoms cost as much as 2,500!! shocked embarassed

Put shyness aside and ask questions from your medical practitioners and 'chemists'. It will save you the anxieties that accompany burst condoms.

Local pharmacies will have data on consumer feedback, and as such will able to advise you, to an extent on the kinds of condoms that are prone to bursting (I stand to be corrected).
condom 2500,wetin happen?just to bleep...
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You are worrying about unwanted pregnancy when I think the biggest fear should be aids.
those who are having casual sex should worry about that, of course.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by charlsecy(m): 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:
the fact that this could be hazardous to the health and can also lead to unwanted pregnancies?
Just unwanted unplanned pregnancies?
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
lanreni:
SO OP, FAKE CONDOM IS WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU THAN FAKE DRUGS, FAKE GOODS, FAKE SERVICES, , FAKE GOVERNMENT AND ALLOWING FAKE GUYS F..K YOU? SMH.
SECOND, ALL THESE YOUNG PEOPLE THAT ARE MAKING COMMENTS ABOUT CONDOMS AS IF ITS A DEGREE COURSE, SHAME ON YOU ALL. SHAME ON YOUR GENERATION. A SIMPLE PIECE OF ADVICE: ABSTENANCE IS THE BEST..ALWAYS THE BEST. WHEN YOU ARE READY FOR A BABY, YOU DO. SIMPLE. ***spits on thread and walks away***
Your cursrs will go back to you. I hope when you get married you will never use any form of contraceptive. Condoms can be used by married couples for pregnancy prevention OK.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
lozanni:

I was asking myself the same question too.
@Op, the issue you raised about fake condoms is very important to married folks because many of them have issues with other birth control methods, many of which tend to have negative side effects.
The above problems makes the condom, one of the most safe (without negative side effect) means of birth control for the folks in question.

Thanks a lot. My friend lost a lot of weight after going for family planning. She bled for a month plus, that is why hubby and I decided not yo ho for family planning but rather resorted to use condoms for now but hypocrites here won't let hear of it. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by mfm04622: 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
youngest85:

'Close down their factories' and some people become jobless...

So they should continue working an killing others so that they can be employed? Am surprised at the way you reason
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

I really don't know.

Lately ladies have been asking me that question a lot,but if you are proposing to me,then you will have to wait at the back of the line as others are waiting their turns patiently.

Trust me.

I have always wanted a lawyer for a wife,and I might just say I do to you.

When you get married you will understand why married couples need to use condoms sometimes. Let me go attend to my hubby and baby. Bye.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Rehabilitation: 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

There are a lot of fake products in Nigeria,condoms included.

Condoms in my list of fake things, really does not count as bad as the Fake Medicines that are produced En Masse for the consumption by ordinarily Nigerians, especially medications that are taken by Children.

1- The NAFDAC Should be empowered like the EFCC to go after Offenders, and Judges should sentence those making sub standard products like Medicines and Condoms spend a long time in Jail.

2- 80% Of all fake everything in Nigeria, comes from the East. The Authority knows these factories and people that produces these fake products. Arrest them, close down their factories.

Hahahaha when I was reading this I was 100 percent sure you must call the Igbos in your diatribe and boom, I was right! Talking about an acute case of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Bro, you need rehabilitation

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by lanreni: 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
amtaken:
Your cursrs will go back to you. I hope when you get married you will never use any form of contraceptive. Condoms can be used by married couples for pregnancy prevention OK.
Curses? where did it come from?
Don't try to modify your first submission, because you never specified marraige. By the way, are you married? If you desire to control yourself, then we can discuss, but to think condoms or even marraige will curb your sexual appetite, then you are wasting your time. no condom manufacturer gurantees 100% effectiveness. they won't do your job of personal discipline for you, wether single or married. I feel your personal struggles, but you must call these things by their true names. thats the first stage to true freedom. Do you know that the difference between a man and and animal is abstinence? The power of choice. the power to say i will wait. the power to say no! Think about it.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by justmenoni: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
But you sef answer him na grin grin grin grin
amtaken:

Do not derail my post. If you have nothing meaningful to contribute you check the next thread. Thanks.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by firstolalekan(m): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
SnowJay92:

Take your childish hypocrisy to where it's needed.
Thou shall not fornicate....
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by plendil: 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2016
lanreni:
[s]SO OP, FAKE CONDOM IS WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU THAN FAKE DRUGS, FAKE GOODS, FAKE SERVICES, , FAKE GOVERNMENT AND ALLOWING FAKE GUYS F..K YOU? SMH.
SECOND, ALL THESE YOUNG PEOPLE THAT ARE MAKING COMMENTS ABOUT CONDOMS AS IF ITS A DEGREE COURSE, SHAME ON YOU ALL. SHAME ON YOUR GENERATION. A SIMPLE PIECE OF ADVICE: ABSTENANCE IS THE BEST..ALWAYS THE BEST. WHEN YOU ARE READY FOR A BABY, YOU DO. SIMPLE. ***spits on thread and walks away***[/s]

Absolute, unmitigated trash.

So married couples who intend to prevent pregnancy shouldn't use condoms? ur just a disgrace
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by CoCoLav(f): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
This is a serious issue though. We are trying to control the population in Nigeria seeing as our government does not have any immediate plans for the imminent population explosion predicted within the next 10 years. Fake comdoms mean an increase in unwanted pregnancies, unsafe abortions, abandoned children, unnecessary population growth which will affect the economy.

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by lanreni: 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
plendil:

Absolute, unmitigated trash.

So married couples who intend to prevent pregnancy shouldn't use condoms? ur just a disgrace
sorry o. the op never mentioned married couples exclusively. secondly, the stats are showing rise in unwanted pregnancies (or mistake babies as they call them) even among couples who stick religously to contraceptives and condoms. my point is simply clear. condom and other ways of artificial pregnancy prevention is not as effective as abstinence. those who use contraceptives and condoms yet end up as baby mamas should be the disgrace. those who use those things as license for being lose are also the disgrace!!
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by abbey621(m): 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2016
lanreni:

I beg to disagree. The problem of your generation is not knowledge, it is character that has messed up the value system. Ask a six year old of things like this and you will be amazed. Knowledge is bound to increase by default. You can't slow down that. What matters is the decline of value system that should ensure we always use the knowledge appropriately in improving our lives and society. What would you rather teach your baby? usage of condoms or abstinence? the former teaches a lack of selfcontrol while the latter teaches delayed gratification for future gains. you be the judge!

Which country is more developed? The U.S.A or Nigeria? Which country is less morally corrupt? Nigeria or USA? An honest answer to these two questions is enough to debunk your value theory. A wise man once told me, it's possible to be honest and ignorant but it's practically impossible to be well educated and stupid! You can teach abstinence all you want but you can't force it on teenagers or young adults, they will make the decision themselves rather you can try to be realistic and provide them with proper sex education in order for them to become more informed and less ignorant!
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Cully408(m): 10:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
thundabot:
WHY US CONDOM ?? WHY WASTE MONEY DO SIMPLE HIV TEST. SKIN TO SKIN ALL THE WAY
Wat abt d part of been pregnant
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Cunninlinguist: 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

There are a lot of fake products in Nigeria,condoms included.

Condoms in my list of fake things, really does not count as bad as the Fake Medicines that are produced En Masse for the consumption by ordinarily Nigerians, especially medications that are taken by Children.

1- The NAFDAC Should be empowered like the EFCC to go after Offenders, and Judges should sentence those making sub standard products like Medicines and Condoms spend a long time in Jail.

2- 80% Of all fake everything in Nigeria, comes from the East. The Authority knows these factories and people that produces these fake products. Arrest them, close down their factories.

Mynd44 we have a tribal bigot for you
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by timunstopable: 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
thundabot:

Hoe-Yeah.Dont you know HIV has a window period because you testeed negative today doesn't mean you can't test positive in some months time
Na people like you dey spread the disease.Hoelosi oya collect

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by lanreni: 11:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
abbey621:

Which country is more developed? The U.S.A or Nigeria? Which country is less morally corrupt? Nigeria or USA? An honest answer to these two questions is enough to debunk your value theory. A wise man once told me, it's possible to be honest and ignorant but it's practically impossible to be well educated and stupid! You can teach abstinence all you want but you can't force it on teenagers or young adults, they will make the decision themselves rather you can try to be realistic and provide them with proper sex education in order for them to become more informed and less ignorant!
well, i have seen well educated but stupid persons. you only need to check the news. for example, how do you explain why a medical doctor would be addicted to at least 2packs of cigarrette per day. his he not educated? does he not know the consequences? i will not be drawn to the argument of comparing USA & Nigeria because d margins of moral corruption are completely different. what is constant is that sex is sex and the emotional discipline not to indulge is thesame. we several talk shows on radio and on tv, sex education in schools, mosques and churches. so the problem i repeat is not mere education. the education must come with knowlege of emotional discipline. we know so much than our forefathers, yet the rate of rape, tenage pregnancy, baby mamas, beastiality, STDs, etc is on the increase.hope you get my point.

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by drskyfly007(m): 11:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
thundabot:
sis is not wastage of money...There are many more diseases that could be contracted through unprotected sex...Research smiley
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
I don't understand this thread oo,, bursting of condoms are always related to less lubricated kitty,, that's why lots of pre-intimacy before sex is necessary. after the later and mainstreet isn't wet enough, u can always sort for lubricants. bursting of condoms are so rare trust me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

After Treating STD, This Is How I See Women Now / What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? / New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.