Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271163 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by sentix(m): 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
Can I track Amos 5 South Central Beam Ie. Tp 12208 in lagos
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by solomonjesus: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
Good day installers
i have been trying to track nilesat with 2.4m dish in makurdi but is not working using all the right frequency when i hit green and i scan to get the channel , but is giving me a different channel i am using fuji lnb ,what could be the possible solution
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by blexxonmak(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
You are getting different channels because your dish is pointed wrongly.

solomonjesus:

Good day installers
i have been trying to track nilesat with 2.4m dish in makurdi but is not working using all the right frequency when i hit green and i scan to get the channel , but is giving me a different channel i am using fuji lnb ,what could be the possible solution
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by dnoblest(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
Hi folks. Sorry to digress from topic. I need an installer that is very good with srt d85W dish in Benin. Please call 08033861903 or whatsapp 08183636888. Thank you.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by AwesomeRomeo: 1:01am On Aug 30, 2015
enitan2002:
This is a thread for you guys that are new in the satellite world, come here with your questions and I can assure you they all will be attended to. With the help of fellow learned guys in this area we all will make you feel welcome.

Welcome one, Welcome all.

Questions Please and Lets start it rolling
Pls sir, I want to learn everything about QSAT, from the installation to how to get the account (the 10 digit number). Tanx.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Factism(m): 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
Goodday am new to satelite tracking but i have read many threads here.

In order to try my hands on things i read, i tried to track w3a which i read to be at 7'e with my dstv dish but with my multitv decoder. When i connected dstv to the decoder all dstv channels were tracked fine but on turnin d dish to track w3a it wasnt succesful after many trial. Decided to give up and go back to dstv i couldnt get it again.
I will be glad if someone can direct me on how to position to get the dstv again.
Note that i no my east already, is it the elevation i will adjust first or the azimuthus. My location is ibadan and i use a 90cm dish. Apologies about my epistle.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2015
Pls I have a 1.8 dish presently pointing nilesat. and two other small dish one pointing 16° other pointing 68.5°… pls Gurus in the house if I will tune all this dish to get Cartoons station (English) that will be my joy. pls someone should help me on how to get free English cartoons stations.. thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hamsay(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2015
Hi.... Am new here. I restored my Strong Satellite Receiver 3 days ago, i hv been struggling to track any sat but could up to now. pls i need your urgent help. The model is Strong HD srt 4922d+
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ganex: 9:03am On Sep 04, 2015
use the search engine in the FTA general thread to help urself.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by checkmateman: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2015
abeg o, am new to FTA although i've read through FAQ thread but i will like to know which decoder should i go for cos i just check strong website and i thinking of srt 4915 or srt 4940 also i am not of the perfect lnb cos am planning on a 2.8-3 meter cos i like watching tv and also do i need any other thing apart from decoder, dish, lnb, rf cable cos i believe i can do it myself
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Izzo1: 5:31am On Sep 23, 2015
please memberz i need champion tv and redlight biss keys on yamal 402 11008v5000 izzogenious@gmail.com
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by blexxonmak(m): 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2015
On newbie section??

Izzo1:
please memberz i need champion tv and redlight biss keys on yamal 402 11008v5000 izzogenious@gmail.com
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by blexxonmak(m): 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
Call me.

checkmateman:
abeg o, am new to FTA although
i've read through FAQ thread but i
will like to know which decoder
should i go for cos i just check
strong website and i thinking of srt
4915 or srt 4940 also i am not of
the perfect lnb cos am planning on
a 2.8-3 meter cos i like watching tv
and also do i need any other thing
apart from decoder, dish, lnb, rf
cable cos i believe i can do it
myself
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by checkmateman: 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
blexxonmak:
Call me.

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by deen2us(m): 11:00am On Sep 29, 2015
checkmateman:

Good day bro
Pls am new here and want to know more about qsat and i live in ibadan pls how can u help me. You can whatsapp me with 08033761716 so that i will call you. Thank u
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by checkmateman: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
deen2us:

Good day bro
Pls am new here and want to know more about qsat and i live in ibadan pls how can u help me. You can whatsapp me with 08033761716 so that i will call you. Thank u

I don't deal with dish o, but I will advise you to get a 2.8m dish if you have the money then a strong decoder cos I don't know about qsat and also a ku band lnb, cu band lnb and a switch also make sure that you purchase a jack and a hanger that can hold 2lnb when buying the dish. Na Ogun State I dey, and I don search market for here I no see and person sell me sa na alaba things but me no ready
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2015
Happy Independence Anniversary everyone.
I have Strong 4669x with 3 90cm-dishes. Can you suggest the best 3 positions for someone like me residing in Osogbo, South-West Nigeria to track?

Thanks as you respond
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by idexpaul1: 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
Pls how can I enter biss key on my strong decoder srt 4950H. I just bought it newly.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by deen2us(m): 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
enitan2002:
This is a thread for you guys that are new in the satellite world, come here with your questions and I can assure you they all will be attended to. With the help of fellow learned guys in this area we all will make you feel welcome.

Welcome one, Welcome all.

Questions Please and Lets start it rolling

Good da @enitan2002 i new here pls and i want to everything about installation of qsat, how to get account and how to install big dish. Thank yiu
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by skondo09(m): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pls I want to hook up with an installer on zaria esp samaru who can help me do some installations

Just quote me I will contact you
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by aghaibiam(f): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
Please my Starsat decoder has lost its signal. I have called Starsat ENGR yet prolem persists.I am in kuje Abuja.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 11, 2015
pls house is any one receiving sky UK 28.2 E in Nigeria. ?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 12, 2015
Pls house is this type of dish good for KU band ? I am currently using 1.8 pan to get hot bird and nilesal. from north I want to use this 2.5m net dish will it work with Ku band ? thanks

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dejidomingo: 6:42am On Oct 14, 2015
Hello house and how is every one doing here. Please I just got a 4.5 meter fibre dish and I want to use it to track hot bird, please does anybody have an idea where I can buy a receiver for hot bird account and not cccam you can please call me on 0706-446-1492 it's really quite urgent .thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 14, 2015
ready to hunt most of the big birds... from Adamawa

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by lekan311(m): 11:08pm On Oct 15, 2015
Am lekan from ikotun lagos,pls am new @this work of installation I can track DSTV very well but need to no more about the job and move higher
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by mowah: 10:33am On Oct 24, 2015
Hello, please, my DSTV explora ain't coming on any longer. What could be the problem?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lukmantoffic(m): 10:50am On Oct 27, 2015
My Honorable Members of this forum,I am New here,Lukmantoffic is my Name.My problem is on Srt4950h,it went Stand-By.If u power it on the Multi log well display then ask to Insect a Usb stick.I downloaded the latest software & i Renamed it to Rom.but stil does not boot.It only read once instead of thrice,I need ur help please.My Email:Lukmantoffic@gmail.com
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by lekan311(m): 3:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hello @ enitan pls I need ur help in this installation scopes,i can install dstv well but jt the joy and mytv and consat is all I need to get better wit pls hw can u help me out wit that,i have a digital satellite receiver Meter I use but I dt av 69 to work. 07066558803 whatapp
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 05, 2015
SELECTION OF DISH
Solid dishes offer many advantages over mesh or perforated dishes. Solid dishes are sturdier, they hold their shape and they do not flex in the wind. They are more expensive, but have better value for money. Most popular solid dish is the prime focus one, where the feed/LNB assembly is positioned exactly on the focal point of the dish. Expect solid aluminium dishes to have a useful life of 10 to 20 years. Their efficiency ranges from 60% for dishes greater than 3.0 meters to 75% for smaller dishes. Solid segmented dishes are also available; segmentation, however, implies reducing shipping costs during transport from one country to the other. Segmenting a parabolic dish causes typically a 10%-20% reduction in efficiency with increased side lobes. TITOSAT systems use only solid one piece (non-segmented) dishes. We have had satellite dishes installed over 20 years ago which are still fully operational in a satisfactory condition. Mesh or perforated dishes are more flexible than solid dishes. They move more in the wind - causing the satellite signal to disappear - and are less durable. Mesh dishes are much less expensive, but need more frequent replacement. Expect mesh or perforated dishes to have a useful life of 3 to 5 years. Other disadvantages of mesh or perforated dishes include poor side lobe rejection of adjacent satellites and the rejection is not consistent from year to year. Furthermore, they have poorer efficiencies, typically 35%, since they are imported segmented. This means that a 2.4 meter solid dish with 70% efficiency performs as good as (if not better than) a 3.4 meter mesh dish! Offset dishes are another type of dish seen on the market. "Offset" means the feed element is purposely kept outside of the "main beam" between the dish and satellite. Offset dishes reduce terrestrial interference and improve the beam shape slightly, but they are more complex to set up and adjust. They have higher efficiencies than prime-focus solid dishes, typically around 75%. However, they are only available in small sizes typically from 60 cm to 1.8 m. Diameter choices come down to one statement: "Bigger is better". Bigger dishes offer higher gain, they have narrower beamwidths that have better side lobe rejection of adjacent satellites and better rejection of terrestrial interference. Of course this terminology applies only within the same type of dishes, i.e a 3.0 meter solid one piece dish outperforms a 2.4 meter solid one piece antenna. So, theoretically, a 2.4 meter solid one piece dish should perform as good as a 3.4 meter mesh segmented dish. Whist this may be true if the antennas were operated at C band, but believe it or not, experience showed that a 2.4m solid dish outperforms a 5.0m mesh dish at Ku band.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by eltacos(m): 8:55am On Nov 05, 2015
Please all the GURUs in the house,do you anything about this; www./521290214585574?view=permalink&id=948986961815895_rdr thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by checkmateman: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2015
Adielcy:
SELECTION OF DISH

Solid dishes offer many advantages over mesh or
perforated dishes. Solid dishes are sturdier, they
hold their shape and they do not flex in the wind.
They are more expensive, but have better value
for money. Most popular solid dish is the prime
focus one, where the feed/LNB assembly is
positioned exactly on the focal point of the dish.
Expect solid aluminium dishes to have a useful
life of 10 to 20 years. Their efficiency ranges from
60% for dishes greater than 3.0 meters to 75% for
smaller dishes. Solid segmented dishes are also
available; segmentation, however, implies
reducing shipping costs during transport from one
country to the other. Segmenting a parabolic dish
causes typically a 10%-20% reduction in efficiency
with increased side lobes. TITOSAT systems use
only solid one piece (non-segmented) dishes. We
have had satellite dishes installed over 20 years
ago which are still fully operational in a
satisfactory condition.
Mesh or perforated dishes are more flexible than
solid dishes. They move more in the wind -
causing the satellite signal to disappear - and are
less durable. Mesh dishes are much less
expensive, but need more frequent replacement.
Expect mesh or perforated dishes to have a useful
life of 3 to 5 years. Other disadvantages of mesh
or perforated dishes include poor side lobe
rejection of adjacent satellites and the rejection is
not consistent from year to year. Furthermore,
they have poorer efficiencies, typically 35%, since
they are imported segmented. This means that a
2.4 meter solid dish with 70% efficiency performs
as good as (if not better than) a 3.4 meter mesh
dish!
Offset dishes are another type of dish seen on
the market. "Offset" means the feed element is
purposely kept outside of the "main beam"
between the dish and satellite. Offset dishes
reduce terrestrial interference and improve the
beam shape slightly, but they are more complex
to set up and adjust. They have higher
efficiencies than prime-focus solid dishes,
typically around 75%. However, they are only
available in small sizes typically from 60 cm to
1.8 m.
Diameter choices come down to one statement:
"Bigger is better". Bigger dishes offer higher gain,
they have narrower beamwidths that have better
side lobe rejection of adjacent satellites and
better rejection of terrestrial interference. Of
course this terminology applies only within the
same type of dishes, i.e a 3.0 meter solid one
piece dish outperforms a 2.4 meter solid one
piece antenna. So, theoretically, a 2.4 meter solid
one piece dish should perform as good as a 3.4
meter mesh segmented dish. Whist this may be
true if the antennas were operated at C band, but
believe it or not, experience showed that a 2.4m
solid dish outperforms a 5.0m mesh dish at Ku
band.

Price of this dish and otherthings in detail and please don't ask us to contact you for the price but you may include ur number at the end of the listing

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.