Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

How Lucrative Is Micro Biology??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Lucrative Is Micro Biology??? (554 Views)

MICRO-BIOLOGY & BIOLOGY EDU. Which One Is The Best Pls / How Lucrative Is Dentistry As A Profession? / Bsc Micro Biology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lucrative Is Micro Biology??? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
My younger sister has been offered admission to study micro biology and she wanted to go for medicine instead. Now My questions are :

1. Can she cross over to medicine?
2. If No, then how lucrative is micro biology as a course?

Thank You...
Re: How Lucrative Is Micro Biology??? by eph12(m): 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
Your sis can still study medicine through the following
1. She gets a high cpga like 4.0 and above at the end of first year. She can cross over with a high cpga and the help of her course adviser. It's possible but not easy.
2. She can continue with the mcb but devote time to study for jamb next year. I knew some people who did this back then. So even if it doesn't work next year the mcb will still be there. But she shouldn't have that mentality that it may not work if not it will affect her performance.
But if she decides to stick with mcb which is very likely to happen as it did to us back then, then you have to make her understand that she needs to graduate with a very very good grade to stand a chance practicing mcb at multinational level. That's where the joy is if not it is a waste of time. She can also choose to get a msc and then phd. With phd I believe she will have plenty options but remaining at bsc level for a mcb graduate can be a terrible thing.

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Micro Biology??? by chiefolododo(m): 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
It is micro-lucreative
Re: How Lucrative Is Micro Biology??? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
eph12:
Your sis can still study medicine through the following
1. She gets a high cpga like 4.0 and above at the end of first year. She can cross over with a high cpga and the help of her course adviser. It's possible but not easy.
2. She can continue with the mcb but devote time to study for jamb next year. I knew some people who did this back then. So even if it doesn't work next year the mcb will still be there. But she shouldn't have that mentality that it may not work if not it will affect her performance.
But if she decides to stick with mcb which is very likely to happen as it did to us back then, then you have to make her understand that she needs to graduate with a very very good grade to stand a chance practicing mcb at multinational level. That's where the joy is if not it is a waste of time. She can also choose to get a msc and then phd. With phd I believe she will have plenty options but remaining at bsc level for a mcb graduate can be a terrible thing.
thank you so much bro... Thanks alot!

(1) (Reply)

Things You Should Know Before Applying To US Universities / Police Release Detained Adeyeye Olorunfemi Of Unilag Amongst Others / School Pupils Drown While Going To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.