Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,026 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? (7284 Views)

Should I Accept This Job Or Move On? / I Can't Accept A Job Offer That Pays Below 100k/month ( Keke Rider) / Interview Tip: How To Describe What You Did At Your Previous Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by eph12(m): 6:55am On Aug 31, 2016
Yes! Did that twice before I finally landed in the career path that I would love to spend the rest of my life in. Education
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 31, 2016
Yes, money is definitely not anything
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Carinaflo(f): 7:04am On Aug 31, 2016
it all depends on the new job. if it's a job that I am passionate about, a job that will give me rest of mind and a job that will make me feel fulfilled and happy, I will gladly take up the new job.
I work with a bank presently. No rest of mind, I don't have time for myself, I eat breakfast and lunch at work, each day I get home very tired and weak to even cook or do any chores. My family and friends are always complaining that I do not have time for them. The job itself is very tedious, monotonous, boring and stressful.
If I can get a new job that will give me rest of mind and time for myself and I am passionate about the job, I will happily take up the new job. I wouldn't even care if the new pay will be 20k less than my present take home.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 31, 2016
only if the job is more secure than the previous. e.g goverment jobs home or abroad.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by babyfaceafrica: 7:10am On Aug 31, 2016
Even if its 40k less..peace of mind is paramount
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by flokii: 7:13am On Aug 31, 2016
Going by d logic.. Forward ever, backward never, then the answer is NO
But in situations where you have nothing else doing, no other source of income and bill is piling, then it is YES.
Highest you will start one small scale business from d savings you get
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by flinton(m): 7:17am On Aug 31, 2016
For professional development, I will
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by mikkybellami(m): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2016
chocolateme:
Lets say you earn 90k per month in your job even though you hardly find peace, rest of mind and motivation or even passion for the job, then another opportunity comes where you found out that all you ever wanted in keeping up with the pace is in it only that they will be paying you 80k. Thats 10k less of the current one but there are big opportunities of getting promoted as you put more effort in the job.
Will you take take the latter or go ahead with the former?
As long as the job is secure , and regular promotion is certain then you can go on with your arbitrage

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by sunnyside16(m): 8:01am On Aug 31, 2016
Obviously, passion for your what you do comes first if there are more options.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by menxer: 8:09am On Aug 31, 2016
Francon:
As much as peace is important, challenges are the tools that makes us stronger. You deserve better. Your new place might not give you that desire comfort you need. So buckle up and AIM higher.

The highway of life is full of detours, sometimes you have to double back to move forward, albeit in a slightly different direction.

"Aim higher" is a destination but the journey there is what matters.
Aiming to be a medical doctor after getting a first degree in a non medical field, entails doubling back and Taking a "detour" through medical school.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by dandecent(m): 8:19am On Aug 31, 2016
I was working in a bank as an M.A. For 65k (contract), had a nagging manager, workin for abt 12hrs weekdays, spending #1500 on feeding n TP everyday, n cudnt attend midweek services n choir rehasals in church thus was sacked as a church drummer (20K). I quit n pickd a teaching job wit a skool I servd with (30k), trekable frm my house, working for 7hrs, got reinstated in d church, and ultimately, no workin under pressure n no naggin boss.. D pay is less, bt I am happy n hav time 2 job hunt. #teamrestofmind#
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Sezua(m): 8:19am On Aug 31, 2016
I just did this, resuming this new month. however, I'm doing this because the new job is gonna be more exciting and I get to wrk with people who can actually shape me.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by chocolateme(f): 8:24am On Aug 31, 2016
searchiing4love:

Accept the new offer. I will be paying u the remaining 10k per month
lol.. you don't hate women, to you they are all whores and you are in hell.
No but tnx for the offer.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by princedmiayer(m): 8:31am On Aug 31, 2016
;Dyuo al got me looking. HD tins
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Kobicove(m): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2016
Money is not everything...

Take the new job if it gives you an opportunity to enhance your skills and you see possibility for growth
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Kazrem(m): 9:21am On Aug 31, 2016
With all the clauses/conditions that you put, I will.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by HMZi: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2016
In Nigeria,i dont tink i have many choices,esp benue wey even 80k job hard like dieee
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by MaziOmenuko: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2016
Took a pay-cut of N35k for another offer last year. Was a bit difficult but had to weigh my options. That is a N420k cut per annum, that would have gone a long way but then in life, everything is not about money; there's prospect, rest of mind, job security, flexibility and lots more.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 31, 2016
searchiing4love,chocolateme:

Accept the new offer. I will be paying u the remaining 10k per month
You won marry my wife? angry

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by BobUg28(m): 9:51am On Aug 31, 2016
Money isn't everything. What matters most is the future that lurks ahead. If your work gives you rest of mind, it doesn't mind how much you are being paid.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by sheuhadi: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2016
no I can't
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by kenbob239: 10:53am On Aug 31, 2016
It's better to choose wisely and the job security is the key
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Cityguy: 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
chocolateme:
Lets say you earn 90k per month in your job even though you hardly find peace, rest of mind and motivation or even passion for the job, then another opportunity comes where you found out that all you ever wanted in keeping up with the pace is in it only that they will be paying you 80k. Thats 10k less of the current one but there are big opportunities of getting promoted as you put more effort in the job.
Will you take take the latter or go ahead with the former?
This is very simple. The job paying you less has more in it than the first going by what you posted. Besides, your write-up betrayed your leaning. It's crystal clear you just need a nudge to move over. Best wishes.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by bamac(m): 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
OP, many here don't know what you mean i swear, i wish they understood.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by chocolateme(f): 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
Cityguy:

This is very simple. The job paying you less has more in it than the first going by what you posted. Besides, your write-up betrayed your leaning. It's crystal clear you just need a nudge to move over. Best wishes.
congratulations on your assumptions but basically you can pm me so i can give you a job because i am recruiting focused and goal oriented mindset to come and work for me. You can pm me so i get your cv and check u out too.
You feel so excited to type this because your IQ is so low even for a smartass.

Little children of nowadays taking everything they read on internet so personal and worst f all "LITERALLY"

Improve on your self esteem and stay positive dear..
Truly.. it me chocolateme and check somewhere around my posts and you will find my digits so you can drive your curiosity home by doing your little P.I.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by tonywap: 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by kalid01(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
A newly established recruiting firm in Ibadan, oyo State is currently recruiting for private organizations that are in need of customer care representatives, sale representatives, receptionist, marketers, drivers, waiters, office attendant among others. interested applicants should forward their details to the number attached to the advertisement 08145016707
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Ezionye(f): 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2016
Carinaflo:
it all depends on the new job. if it's a job that I am passionate about, a job that will give me rest of mind and a job that will make me feel fulfilled and happy, I will gladly take up the new job.
I work with a bank presently. No rest of mind, I don't have time for myself, I eat breakfast and lunch at work, each day I get home very tired and weak to even cook or do any chores. My family and friends are always complaining that I do not have time for them. The job itself is very tedious, monotonous, boring and stressful.
If I can get a new job that will give me rest of mind and time for myself and I am passionate about the job, I will happily take up the new job. I wouldn't even care if the new pay will be 20k less than my present take home.

I can entirely relate to this

I'll gladly take a job with less pay as long as it affords me the career path I desire
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Cityguy: 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2016
chocolateme:
congratulations on your assumptions but basically you can pm me so i can give you a job because i am recruiting focused and goal oriented mindset to come and work for me. You can pm me so i get your cv and check u out too.
You feel so excited to type this because your IQ is so low even for a smartass.

Little children of nowadays taking everything they read on internet so personal and worst f all "LITERALLY"

Improve on your self esteem and stay positive dear..
Truly.. it me chocolateme and check somewhere around my posts and you will find my digits so you can drive your curiosity home by doing your little P.I.

Lol....see baby, I choose my battles wisely and trust me, I don't find you worthy of that battle. You call me liitle child? Hahaha. I'm almost 100% sure you are not even near my age by 5yrs. I have a very rewarding job and I didn't come here to ask for advice about job change. My remark was from my observations, though it might have come to you at one of your bad moods. I wish you well, I don't need to p.m u cos I don't need it.
Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by Electronzeez(m): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
I can accept less if I am toggling to a job line I have not much experience in . I will gladly accept a less pay if a job offer from power or telecommunication come knocking on my door .

I am not going to be working for someone for the rest of my life and the fact that I am still young , I just need experience though with better kudi grin.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? by chocolateme(f): 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
Cityguy:

Lol....see baby, I choose my battles wisely and trust me, I don't find you worthy of that battle. You call me liitle child? Hahaha. I'm almost 100% sure you are not even near my age by 5yrs. I have a very rewarding job and I didn't come here to ask for advice about job change. My remark was from my observations, though it might have come to you at one of your bad moods. I wish you well, I don't need to p.m u cos I don't need it.
tnx sweetheart for your stated career biography, observed. Now for one obvious reason or the other, you still refused to read the post as others, jumped and passed but you chose to show yourself.. does it even make sense at all? No.. you just felt like seeking for attention even when you are 5 years into a job.

Well here for you.. the earlier we learn to mind our businesses and ignore certain posts that makes no sense to us, the better for us here.
So thanks for everything and your sweet contributions to my thread tnx.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel Agrees To Recall 3,000 Sacked Workers / Is The Government Responsible For Unemployment Or Is It You? / Learning The Art Of Networking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.