Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:53 PM

I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now (26845 Views)

Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by babajeje123(m): 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2016
This is going to be a bit lengthy, but try to read to the end.

Yeah! It all started last year when I had to resign from a school where I was working, due to some unruly behaviour of the management which I could no longer bear. You can read it up here https://www.nairaland.com/2647029/advice-needed-urgently. I resigned into nothing, without backup, without a single savings but bank debt (RenMoney) but today, I have testimonies.

After the resignation, I concentrated on my PPs (fellow teachers will know what this means) and personal development. I would stay at home in the morning to study various materials online (thanks to mtn simple server) and go for my PPs in the evening. In November, God opened amazing doors of high paying PPs for me that i realised NGN350,000 at the end of the month. Then, I quickly started what I couldn't do while working in the land of slavery. I joined a co-operative society so I don't eat all and started meeting some family financial obligations. This flow continued until March when due to Nigeria economic recess, some parents asked me to stop. I felt bad and it was as if i would be back to square one. However, it wasn't so. A colleague called to connect me to a very rich couple who were computer illiterate. In fact, they have one of the leading supermarkets here in Lagos. They've searched for someone who would be coming to teach them in the morning, 2 hours and 3 times a week without finding. I was signed up and it was an experience I will never forget! I trained them for two months and what they paid me each month was NGN10,000 lesser than what my salary was in the land of slavery! Well, the training came to an end and we had to stop. Meanwhile, before I met them, I signed up with a school, teaching ICT on part-time basis. When they (the couple) came on board, I left the school. While I was teaching them, I signed up with another school on part time basis to prepare their year 11 students for ICT IGCSE Edexcel variant. I would go to the school 2 times in a week, go for the computer training 3 times (in the morning) and my PPs in the evening. You can imagine what I was raking in on part time! Though it was stressful, but I enjoyed the flow of money.

So, when I left these wonderful couple, I had a school and 3 PPs and the income reduced to 200,000 (excluding transport). It started becoming challenging health wisely so I asked God to help me know what to do for it was obvious I couldn't continue. Then, I started submitting my cvs in schools. In June, 5 big schools called me for interview and surprisingly, there was no clash of dates (God's factor). The most surprising thing was that it was two years ago (2014) when I submitted my cvs to two of them. To cut the story short, I went and got appointment with two of the schools. One is even with accommodation, (two bed with a/c). I'm resuming with them on 1st of September.

With what happened to me within this one year, I learnt some lessons which I want to share with you:
1. Rather than grumbling, quit working in a place where you know for sure you are not valued. However, don't be too hasty in doing this. Think and pray.
2. Be hopeful. They can still call you where your CVs are.
3. Don't waste time make use of every resource available in developing yourself. I used Mtn simple server judiciously. MTN, you have a loyal customer in me.
4. Be prayerful. God is real! There's an unseen but a greater force somewhere that controls the affairs of men.
You are the next that will testify!

352 Likes 44 Shares

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
Congrat broh.
U better save enough now to start ur own school there is nothing like being ur own boss and be an employer of labour.

God when are you picking my own call?.
Please NL I need a job to start from.
Journey of a thousand miles starts with a step, I need that step right now. I'm a 2.1 graduate.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Ishilove: 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
Amazing!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by obijack: 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
you are blessed further for sharing this

GOD BLESS U.

9 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ishilove:
Amazing!!
very amazing

7 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by MSItachi: 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wow

3 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2016
cool
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Berbierklaus(f): 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2016
Congratulations Op smiley

can we be 'friendship' wink

3 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Unsad(m): 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2016
Inspiring.
Truth is NEVER BE SCARED TO CALL IT QUIT when you no longer seem to be enjoying your time at a place. My uncle quitted a federal government job last two years , months later he got another job in another federal government parastatal as a manager with an official car

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by free2ryhme: 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
grin
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by DozieInc(m): 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
Okay
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by mykelly(m): 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
Very motivating.....God bless

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Nairadays: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
Great, my pastor keep saying that experience is the worst teacher.

Thank God you pulled through successfully and Congrats.

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by lastmessenger: 9:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
God bless your hustle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
babajeje123:
There's an unseen but a greater force somewhere that controls the affairs of men.

I like this

12 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by QueenRiRi: 9:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
Congrats

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Jetjacky(m): 9:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wonderful, but what is a pp? Babajeje123
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Brightgem(f): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
Result of hard work, consistency, zeal, and I guess u delivered quality so ur networks opened. This Is a good story. Things are bad yes, but u can either just grumble or make the best of it. God rewards hard work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by babajeje123(m): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
ymee:
Congrat broh.
U better save enough now to start ur own school there is nothing like being ur own boss and be an employer of labour.

God when are you picking my own call?.
Please NL I need a job to start from.
Journey of a thousand miles starts with a step, I need that step right now. I'm a 2.1 graduate.
Thanks for your advice. Keep on trying, you will soon get a very good one.

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by babajeje123(m): 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
Jetjacky:
Wonderful, but what is a pp? Babajeje123
Private lesson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by bebe2(f): 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2016

[/quote]
hm.
u are a real hustler. Tnk God for u

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by legaxi(m): 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
What tha F is PPs Or do you think all of us are teachers.
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by adekayo1234(m): 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
Something meaningful made fp today.... Congratulations
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by encryptjay(m): 9:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
I'm very happy to read this piece.

Where there's will/determination, there'll always be opened doors.

Consistency matters

God bless you OP

God bless your hustle.
God will always make a way for all of us if we stay focused.

2 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by tdayof(m): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
To those who don't like reading. Here is a life changing point from op post.

Don't waste time make use of every resource available in developing yourself.
I used Mtn simple server judiciously. MTN, you have a loyal customer in me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Emac(m): 9:27pm On Aug 30, 2016
Congratulations mate... Gods abundant grace upon us all too.. Amen

2 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Jetjacky(m): 9:27pm On Aug 30, 2016
babajeje123:

Private lesson
but private lesson is pl?

3 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by hospitality9ja: 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
Congratulations..

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by babajeje123(m): 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
Jetjacky:
but private lesson is pl?
No so we dey call am o. Some call am 'farm' sef.

3 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by bishop4life(m): 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
babajeje123:
This is going to be a bit lengthy, but try to read to the end.

Yeah! It all started last year when I had to resign from a school where I was working, due to some unruly behaviour of the management which I could no longer bear. You can read it up here https://www.nairaland.com/2647029/advice-needed-urgently. I resigned into nothing, without backup, without a single savings but bank debt (RenMoney) but today, I have testimonies.

After the resignation, I concentrated on my PPs (fellow teachers will know what this means) and personal development. I would stay at home in the morning to study various materials online (thanks to mtn simple server) and go for my PPs in the evening. In November, God opened amazing doors of high paying PPs for me that i realised NGN350,000 at the end of the month. Then, I quickly started what I couldn't do while working in the land of slavery. I joined a co-operative society so I don't eat all and started meeting some family financial obligations. This flow continued until March when due to Nigeria economic recess, some parents asked me to stop. I felt bad and it was as if i would be back to square one. However, it wasn't so. A colleague called to connect me to a very rich couple who were computer illiterate. In fact, they have one of the leading supermarkets here in Lagos. They've searched for someone who would be coming to teach them in the morning, 2 hours and 3 times a week without finding. I was signed up and it was an experience I will never forget! I trained them for two months and what they paid me each month was NGN10,000 lesser than what my salary was in the land of slavery! Well, the training came to an end and we had to stop. Meanwhile, before I met them, I signed up with a school, teaching ICT on part-time basis. When they (the couple) came on board, I left the school. While I was teaching them, I signed up with another school on part time basis to prepare their year 11 students for ICT IGCSE Edexcel variant. I would go to the school 2 times in a week, go for the computer training 3 times (in the morning) and my PPs in the evening. You can imagine what I was raking in on part time! Though it was stressful, but I enjoyed the flow of money.

So, when I left these wonderful couple, I had a school and 3 PPs and the income reduced to 200,000 (excluding transport). It started becoming challenging health wisely so I asked God to help me know what to do for it was obvious I couldn't continue. Then, I started submitting my cvs in schools. In June, 5 big schools called me for interview and surprisingly, there was no clash of dates (God's factor). The most surprising thing was that it was two years ago (2014) when I submitted my cvs to two of them. To cut the story short, I went and got appointment with two of the schools. One is even with accommodation, (two bed with a/c). I'm resuming with them on 1st of September.

With what happened to me within this one year, I learnt some lessons which I want to share with you:
1. Rather than grumbling, quit working in a place where you know for sure you are not valued. However, don't be too hasty in doing this. Think and pray.
2. Be hopeful. They can still call you where your CVs are.
3. Don't waste time make use of every resource available in developing yourself. I used Mtn simple server judiciously. MTN, you have a loyal customer in me.
4. Be prayerful. God is real! There's an unseen but a greater force somewhere that controls the affairs of men.

my brother, I bless the God you serve. Praise be his name.

2 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Rooneyboy(m): 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
babajeje123:

I like this part and I completely do believe in it.

7 Likes

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by encryptjay(m): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
tdayof:
To those who don't like reading. Here is a life changing point from op post.

Don't waste time make use of every resource available in developing yourself.
I used Mtn simple server judiciously. MTN, you have a loyal customer in me.
A really vital point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Economists' Forum: (Students & Professionals) / Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed / Why Private Schools Pay Peanuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.