Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,180 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now (26846 Views)

Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by YaksonFCA(m): 12:00am On Aug 31, 2016
Congratz man.

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by agabaI23(m): 12:01am On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=Berbierklaus post=48938431][/quote]Lets consult the babalawo na. Ehen, one stays close to my house. Lets go there tomorrow
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by malosky79(m): 12:26am On Aug 31, 2016
babajeje123:
This is going to be a bit lengthy, but try to read to the end.

Yeah! It all started last year when I had to resign from a school where I was working, due to some unruly behaviour of the management which I could no longer bear. You can read it up here https://www.nairaland.com/2647029/advice-needed-urgently. I resigned into nothing, without backup, without a single savings but bank debt (RenMoney) but today, I have testimonies.

After the resignation, I concentrated on my PPs (fellow teachers will know what this means) and personal development. I would stay at home in the morning to study various materials online (thanks to mtn simple server) and go for my PPs in the evening. In November, God opened amazing doors of high paying PPs for me that i realised NGN350,000 at the end of the month. Then, I quickly started what I couldn't do while working in the land of slavery. I joined a co-operative society so I don't eat all and started meeting some family financial obligations. This flow continued until March when due to Nigeria economic recess, some parents asked me to stop. I felt bad and it was as if i would be back to square one. However, it wasn't so. A colleague called to connect me to a very rich couple who were computer illiterate. In fact, they have one of the leading supermarkets here in Lagos. They've searched for someone who would be coming to teach them in the morning, 2 hours and 3 times a week without finding. I was signed up and it was an experience I will never forget! I trained them for two months and what they paid me each month was NGN10,000 lesser than what my salary was in the land of slavery! Well, the training came to an end and we had to stop. Meanwhile, before I met them, I signed up with a school, teaching ICT on part-time basis. When they (the couple) came on board, I left the school. While I was teaching them, I signed up with another school on part time basis to prepare their year 11 students for ICT IGCSE Edexcel variant. I would go to the school 2 times in a week, go for the computer training 3 times (in the morning) and my PPs in the evening. You can imagine what I was raking in on part time! Though it was stressful, but I enjoyed the flow of money.

So, when I left these wonderful couple, I had a school and 3 PPs and the income reduced to 200,000 (excluding transport). It started becoming challenging health wisely so I asked God to help me know what to do for it was obvious I couldn't continue. Then, I started submitting my cvs in schools. In June, 5 big schools called me for interview and surprisingly, there was no clash of dates (God's factor). The most surprising thing was that it was two years ago (2014) when I submitted my cvs to two of them. To cut the story short, I went and got appointment with two of the schools. One is even with accommodation, (two bed with a/c). I'm resuming with them on 1st of September.

With what happened to me within this one year, I learnt some lessons which I want to share with you:
1. Rather than grumbling, quit working in a place where you know for sure you are not valued. However, don't be too hasty in doing this. Think and pray.
2. Be hopeful. They can still call you where your CVs are.
3. Don't waste time make use of every resource available in developing yourself. I used Mtn simple server judiciously. MTN, you have a loyal customer in me.
4. Be prayerful. God is real! There's an unseen but a greater force somewhere that controls the affairs of men.
You are the next that will testify!

Teach me how to use MTN simple server please
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by babajeje123(m): 2:33am On Aug 31, 2016
malosky79:

Teach me how to use MTN simple server please
Not available again
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by babajeje123(m): 2:35am On Aug 31, 2016
decountof:

please can you hook me up with a school that needs an ICT teacher or PP.... my email: joangateswang@gmail.com
Do you stay on the Island? If yes, send a pm.
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by babajeje123(m): 2:38am On Aug 31, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Nigerians and their twisted sense of humour grin

I typed 'friendship' not anyother 'ship' and you are already giving me excuses cheesy
I take it that you don't make female acquintances apart from your friend in the 'ship' right?
I do o. Ok, let's start the 'friendship' cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by babajeje123(m): 2:41am On Aug 31, 2016
Gwangwadangwa77:

please Sir through which means did you use to get those private lessons because I want to follow your path soon

Plea
Parents' referral.

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by seguno2: 4:24am On Aug 31, 2016
agabaI23:
Hmmm, I don't think she made a mistake. She did that on purpose. See the inverted comas opening and closing.

I was only playing with her lol

I see. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by seguno2: 4:27am On Aug 31, 2016
babajeje123:
Do you stay on the highland? If yes, send a pm.

I guess that you mean ISLAND.
Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing very well. That applies also to speaking or writing any language.

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by smasher1(m): 4:57am On Aug 31, 2016
Jetjacky:
Wonderful, but what is a pp? Babajeje123

Pp is private practice. Teaching home lessons to students at their home can earn you five times or more of your salary.
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Tundeiab(m): 5:54am On Aug 31, 2016
legaxi:
What tha F is PPs Or do you think all of us are teachers.

Home lesson.
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Henrichemeka(m): 6:29am On Aug 31, 2016
Thank God for your life and this testimony! More to come.

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by k00lxpert(m): 8:58am On Aug 31, 2016
great testimony...unseen but greater force somewhere...God is truly real!
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2016
naijaboiy:
Sk arlett have you seen this? cheesy

Thanks for the mention, its a really inspiring story. September no go pass me by wink

1 Like

Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Kaysalas(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2016
lamidi21:
may God help us all. I av igcse certification in physics(cie) , though I studied maths in my first degree. PLS can u link me up with these schools. Lamidiadeyemi@gmail.com
Hey bro. A beg how does one go about being igcse certified? I have a degree(not education) in economics but been teaching for a while.
Re: I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now by Jetjacky(m): 11:39am On Sep 01, 2016
smasher1:

Pp is private practice. Teaching home lessons to students at their home can earn you five times or more of your salary.
ask4info ah... Thats a good one. If it to be computer lessons. Don't you think it would go well too?

How do one enlist to be private teacher?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Economists' Forum: (Students & Professionals) / Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed / Why Private Schools Pay Peanuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.