Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop (3740 Views)

Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop / Hp 15 Latest Laptop 500GB For Sale / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lana1 ,I guess I should change the title,

Maybe I should use this " things to put into consideration before buying any latest laptop"

I think this will reduce the argument, cos it seems the title is misleading.. .

When I say on board, it means It is embedded just like u said, you can't remove it...

Concerning the ram and processor, I'll assume you've never seen an on-board processor or ram before, just like your phone with on-board storage, can you remove it? I believe your answer will be a big NO.

I never said in-built battery are not replaceable, you're talking about easily, I want to let you know that they are not easily replaceable..

Unlike some laptop that you can just go to a vendor,buy and replace it yourself, you can't replace an inbuilt battery yourself except if you're a laptop Engineer or know how to loose a laptop because you've have take out all the mouse pad which means you will loose the whole screw.

Yes they are expensive,will u just count #15k just to buy a battery? You'll ask the vendor again on hearing the amount, except if you use you laptop for something important and it brings in money.

At seen a lot of people take back their lappy just because of battery price.

Lol.. . Parts are expensive not just because they are rear ,but because the laptop of which part they want to buy is an expensive one.

Go and price the new motherboard of HP 15 ,not the core i3 or core i5 just the Pentium then come here and testify.

Lol.. My boss bought a HP probook 4530s motherboard for #25k (this one no be latest ooo) within 1 week, the motherboard develop fault, we later found out that it is a factory error, even with 1month warranty, the seller refuse to change it unless if he return it..

You're talking about buying warranty, lol you think this is USA or UK?
You never see something ,come market make your eyes open small.

Have changed the title of the thread,at least I'll be at rest.
Re: Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop by Ehimzy(m): 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
Oga Udeme.... you are spewing trash and rubbish and trying to confuse people, so now I should buy a 2nd Gen core i5 laptop that can't take up to 45% instructions per cycle like a 4th Gen core i3 laptop, in which case the 4th Gen laptop will even have better graphical performance for multimedia and gaming, not to talk of driver support and optimization for the newer pc... Oga na nonsense you dey talk.... and as for your other post... WiFi card? Oga just accept the fact that na better mumu you be
Re: Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ehimzy:
Oga Udeme.... you are spewing trash and rubbish and trying to confuse people, so now I should buy a 2nd Gen core i5 laptop that can't take up to 45% instructions per cycle like a 4th Gen core i3 laptop, in which case the 4th Gen laptop will even have better graphical performance for multimedia and gaming, not to talk of driver support and optimization for the newer pc... Oga na nonsense you dey talk.... and as for your other post... WiFi card? Oga just accept the fact that na better mumu you be

Oga I Don change the title, at least e go reduce the batching..

My own be say just do your research well, no just buy laptop cos you wan buy new lappy

Concerning the strong Wi-Fi signal, you don try am?
Yes or no?
This na wetin people dey take make money for market ooo, call me Mumu who cares?
Your insult no fit kill me.

Person never try something, e dey insult me.. Continue
Re: Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop by admindim: 3:11am On Sep 03, 2016
u ARE VERY RIGHT
Re: Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop by Lana1(m): 10:26am On Sep 03, 2016
udemzy101:
Lana1 ,I guess I should change the title,
Maybe I should use this " things to put into consideration before buying any latest laptop"
I think this will reduce the argument, cos it seems the title is misleading.. .
When I say on board, it means It is embedded just like u said, you can't remove it...
Concerning the ram and processor, I'll assume you've never seen an on-board processor or ram before, just like your phone with on-board storage, can you remove it? I believe your answer will be a big NO.
CPUs on most laptops, even on the older models, are always embedded onto the mobo. As for the ram, maybe only one in hundred laptops will u see the ram embedded onto the mobo. Most laptops these days that i've seen use replaceable ram.

I never said in-built battery are not replaceable, you're talking about easily, I want to let you know that they are not easily replaceable..
Unlike some laptop that you can just go to a vendor,buy and replace it yourself, you can't replace an inbuilt battery yourself except if you're a laptop Engineer or know how to loose a laptop because you've have take out all the mouse pad which means you will loose the whole screw.
Well whether u get to lose screws or not, the batteries are still replaceable.

Yes they are expensive,will u just count #15k just to buy a battery? You'll ask the vendor again on hearing the amount, except if you use you laptop for something important and it brings in money.
Like i said, the price if a battery is usually determined by number of cells. There ll obviously be cheaper options in the market than that 15k one.

At seen a lot of people take back their lappy just because of battery price.
Lol.. . Parts are expensive not just because they are rear ,but because the laptop of which part they want to buy is an expensive one.
Go and price the new motherboard of HP 15 ,not the core i3 or core i5 just the Pentium then come here and testify.
Well, Laptops aren't built to be upgradeable. So na u sabi wetin u dey find wey u go dey buy new mobo for laptops when the money can be used to buy new one.

Lol.. My boss bought a HP probook 4530s motherboard for #25k (this one no be latest ooo) within 1 week, the motherboard develop fault, we later found out that it is a factory error, even with 1month warranty, the seller refuse to change it unless if he return it..
Who did u buy the mobo from?? Did u buy it from the OEMs or u just went to one shop in computer village and bought one yeye product?? Anyways, as far as laptop don dey develop fault reach mobo, den dat lappy don spoil be dat.

You're talking about buying warranty, lol you think this is USA or UK?
You never see something ,come market make your eyes open small.
Have changed the title of the thread,at least I'll be at rest.
Whether this is Mozambique or Zimbabwe, it doesn't change the fact that u can buy warranty online for ur laptops or other electronic products sef. The only limiting factor na the exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2016
Oga lana1 OK Sir
Re: Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop by Qhalifah: 9:15am On Oct 15, 2018
Lana1:

What do u even mean by onboard?? Whether the processor and/or RAM is embedded to the motherboard or its fixed to a specific slot on the motherboard, shey no be still on-board?? Or where do u expect them to fix ram and cpu b4?? And i dont know what u are on about as regards RAM, coz those are the easiest components to replace in a laptop.

U'll hardly go to tge market these days and see laptops with in-built batteries. Even if they are in-built, dat dont mean they aren't easily replaceable. Price of a battery is determined by the number of cells. So 15k is not surprising if u consider number of cells.

Parts are expensive?? Is this supposed to be a surprise?? Or are u saying a 2016 Toyota wont be more expensive than a 2012 model?? This isn't news abeg. That's just how things are generally.
PC parts aren't rare. Its only in Nigeria that they are. And they are rare in Nigeria bcoz pple like u still prefer intel celeron to a core i7 bcoz the celeron is cheaper. That's why the pc(desktop & laptop) market keeps suffering in this country.

This is a lie. It is not the manufacturers fault if products take longer on the shelves b4 they are sold. And even if ur original Warranty has expired, u can still go ahead and purchase additional one-year, two-year warranties. And considering the fact that we now ve HP, Dell, Samsung etc offices in some cities, then this isn't really a big deal.

Well, people should be smart enough to know that they've to get power surge protectors to go with their laptops. Some people will buy stabilizers to use with their home appliances. But ll plug in their laptops directly and will now be complaining of electric damage when their laptop spoil finish.

I agree with u on this. Laptops easily get damaged.
But Laptops just like phones should be handled with care. Some people will buy case and pouch for their 30k chinco phones. But leave their 150k laptops exposed, mishandling it anyhow. And when the hinge or the screen finally cracks under all that pressure, they'll start crying and ll be blaming the manufactures. Abegi!

Most of these manufacturers dont ve coverage in Nigeria as regards their warranty services. So its up to us here to get the parts ourselves and make the needed repairs. So this one no be news.

So bros abeg see to it that u stop trying to mislead pple with ur half baked facts into buying old model laptops with intel pentiums instead of buying newer models equipped with dual or quad core i5s etc. Thank u.
Bro pls can casing and screen protector be purchased for laptops?? What type of laptop in term of specs is advisable for someone that does programming and also graphics design please?
Re: Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop by Lana1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2018
Qhalifah:
Bro pls can casing and screen protector be purchased for laptops?? What type of laptop in term of specs is advisable for someone that does programming and also graphics design please?
Casing will be very hard coz u have to find the exact model u are looking for and majority of computer shops in this country (at least in and around my location) dont sell laptop cases. I dont know about the screen protectors tho.
As for Specs, a current gen quad core i5/i7 with a capable gpu like the gtx 1050 and a very good color accurate display

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD!!! / Mtn Unlimited Browsing For A Whole Day : Just A Token Needed / 8TH GEN COREI5 ACER LAPTOP WITH 2GB NVIDIA -SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.