Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos (31906 Views)

Woman Who Gave Birth To Quadruplets Dies In Katsina (Photo) / Girl Gives Birth To Premature Quadruplets In Bauchi (Photos) / Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Port-Harcourt. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 10:44am On Aug 31, 2016
A case of preterm birth of a set of quadruplets was recently recorded in Kogi state.. The mother Mrs Amina Yesufu and her babies are currently being taken care of at Rehoboth Hospital, Lokoja, the capital city.. Read the full update below;

As shared by Petra Akinti Onyegbule, Senior Special Assistant on New Media to the Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello...

On the evening of 22nd of August, someone shared news of the preterm birth of a set of quadruplet in Lokoja which naturally caught my attention. By the next day, I was at Rehoboth Hospital to see the neonates, doctors and parents and I share the following:

1. The mother, Mrs Amina Yesufu presented with placenta previa on August 8 and was admitted for management. This included giving steroids to strengthen the lungs of the fetuses (which scans revealed to be four) as well as control contractions to delay delivery.

2. By late August 21, delay was no longer possible and a Caesarean section needed to be carried out. This was done on August 22 a a set of quadruplet were delivered at 32 weeks gestation. All four are doing well and are in the incubator where they are being given care.

3. Before coming to Rehoboth Hospital, Mrs Yesufu had been rejected at two tertiary health institutions in the nation's capital for lack of bed space and a third tertiary health institution in Lokoja was on strike.

4. As at the time they got to Rehoboth Hospital, they had near nothing on them. A nurse in the hospital had to donate blood for the mother as her PCV was 25%.

5. Tiny Beating Hearts Initiative (TBHI) has made a total part payment of #290,000.00 only (in two tranches of #90,000 and #200,000) and is raising more funds as the most recent assessment by the doctor in charge puts the estimated cost at over a million to cover cost of phototherapy to treat jaundice, tests, drugs for both neonates and mother, cost of CS, cost of incubator. Thanks to my colleagues in the media unit for their enormous support.

6. TBHI is in talks with the Kogi State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development for a sustainable means of ensuring these neonates grow into healthy children and members of society.

7. In the meantime, TBHI is hereby appealing to well meaning people to kindly donate their widow's mite to offset the Yesufus' hospital bills.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/woman-gives-birth-to-premature-set-of.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2016

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by dainformant(m): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2016
hope they grow healthy

2 Likes

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2016
it is well
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Yustash001(m): 11:13am On Aug 31, 2016
Chai....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by salabscholar01(m): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
God will help

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Nathdoug(m): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hmmmmm...9ja my motherland whr evryfin happens...

2 Likes

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Beremx(f): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
I wish them well.

Shame to government health care institutions.
kai!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
Eyah...... sorry case
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by prosperoD3: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Francon(f): 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
God will perfect what He started. Congratulations to the family. I stand in the gap for anyone expecting a miracle for a fruitful womb. You will have every cause to celebrate. Amen

41 Likes

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Kennitrust(m): 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
sorry
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by NameChecker: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
WHao

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Nathdoug(m): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
[hmmm

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by mimicious(f): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
the good lord will see them through. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by VickyRotex(f): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
Awwwwww. Congratulations to the woman. May the Lord provide all that's needed to settle the bills and sustain the kids.

Nice work Dr. Onile, owner of Rehoboth Hospital and all staffs.

God Bless the work of your hands.

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2016
Incubator..... ehn ehn. So em dey also incubate human beings.

See as those pics clean..... Abi na infinix em carry snap the pics?
#JustWondering
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by justicejay(m): 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2016
Wen u r pregnant don't go out under the sun them no go hear.
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Liftedhands(f): 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
Awesome God help my Sil to deliver her triplets safely too in Jesus name amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Liftedhands(f): 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
justicejay:
Wen u r pregnant don't go out under the sun them no go hear.
why

2 Likes

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by bcomputer101: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
God please protect them and give them good health
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Liftedhands(f): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
adebayor1490:
incubator..... ehn ehn. So em dey also incubate human beings.

See as those pics clean..... Abi na infinix em carry snap the pics?
#JustWondering
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by celestialAgent(m): 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
Buhari why angry grin
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Samexdx(m): 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
Francon:
God will perfect what He started. Congratulations to the family. I stand in the gap for anyone expecting a miracle for a fruitful womb. You will have every cause to celebrate. Amen
Sister Amen,Amen. grin

2 Likes

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by ahnie: 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
Goodness
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by SuperBlack: 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
God help them
Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by cutesimplycalm(f): 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
I pray dey survive it. Wat a blessing four kids at once hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by Nairadays: 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
Great God, and i also pray like the poster above me that they survive in Jesus Name.

Caesarean section needed to be carried out

CS for 4 babies? shocked shocked

God bless our women abundantly. Kudos to all mothers!! wink

2 Likes

Re: Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos by nelsonjj: 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
With God, All Things Are Possible. They Shall Live Long In Good Health.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Begins Spraying Of Passengers From Volatile Countries / Jesse Otegbayo Recovers From COVID-19 / Businessman Attempts To Jump Into Lagos Lagoon Over N.5m Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.