Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

What's The Deal With Men And Hair? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Deal With Men And Hair? (1282 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? / What's With Men And Their 'Cheating Nature'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by blandyne(f): 5:41am On Oct 03, 2009
I never had long hair even though some people think i do. To me for a woman to be considered having  long hair, it has to be way pass her shoulders, more like her arms. Since i have shoulder length hair, i don't fall in this category. For the past 3 years i've been cutting my hair every summer. I'm a chubby girl with of course a chubby face so when i cut it, i usually go really low in the back and leave more hair in front and on top.

This year i was so busy with summer school that i didn't really care about my hair. A week after i was done with my first summer session, i vaguely told my boyfriend that i wanted a new haircut. He didn't mind at all (not that i wanted his approval anyway), and even joked that i should wear my hair like his grin grin. The following week when i saw him he didn't even notice i had a new haircut until i asked him if he likes it ( that was mid-july), i have to be honest my hair was cut just a little bit then. Labor day weekend i had another haircut, he noticed it right away, said it was short, but i guess he liked it since he kept playing with it.

Two weeks ago, i went to the beauty salon to wash my hair and i ended UP getting another haircut and I LOVE IT cool cool cool. Last Wednesday,we had a date and as soon as i sat in the car he shouted " U CUT UR HAIR". Apparently he was shocked ( sounds ridiculous to me) . I replied yes and told him that i love it. I asked him does it make a difference and he said "it's a big, big difference". He spent the whole evening looking at me really strange angry angry angry

Obviously, he doesn't like it. Right now i'm not worried about him, i do know that he needs time to digest the whole new hairstyle. However, i dont get why he reacted that way since i told him previously i was going to cut my hair and it's not like i did it in one shot. It was done gradually.

I've been told several times that men like women with long hair , blah blah, my mother, my friends, everybody think the same. It's a well know fact (don't have any sources though uh).Seems to be the reason that black women are wearing long weaves and also caucasian women are getting hair extensions. I do wear weaves sometimes, especially during winter. The longer your hair the more attractive you are to men they say undecided undecided

To all the men on this forum: Do u care how long your girlfriend or wife's hair is? And how would you rate it on a scale 1 to 10 ( 10 being the highest) ?

p.s: If i was a man, i'd love for my woman to stand out, not walking around looking like everyone else.
Re: What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 03, 2009
My dear put a weave on it then until it grows out. Men love long hair thats why women black and white(yes white women wear weaves too) wear weaves. The hair industry is booming even in this great depression.
Re: What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by AniLee(f): 11:12am On Oct 03, 2009
Well, i still stick to my idea that different women look good with different hairs. Some women look really really pretty and beautiful with male-short hair or even bald and some women look as equal with shoulder-length/longer hair. And some just look like creeps no matter what they do wit their hair (aint their problem though). But Hint: Get a personal (professional) stylist and find what  hair suits you. In most cases, the hair you feel most comfortable in is the hair that really makes you look good. And in return you will find, some men love women with short hair and some with long hair.
Re: What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by iice(f): 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2009
I don't know for them ooo. 
Me i still cut mine even though right now, people are telling me not to cut it angry grin  They say the beauty of woman is in her hair rolls eyes tongue.  But some men have this fascination with long hair.  . .it's tied to sex lipsrsealed grin

My bro likes his wife to have very short hair.  .  .just an inch, she on the other hand wants long hair lol.  He will just talk and that's it, if she cuts or not.  .  .he has already said his own.  He has moved on to other subjects cheesy
Re: What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by blandyne(f): 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

My dear put a weave on it then until it grows out. Men love long hair thats why women black and white(yes white women wear weaves too) wear weaves. The hair industry is  booming even in this great depression.

I don't want to put a weave just because he doesn't like my new haircut. I only wear weaves when it's really cold, like mid-january. Mind you, he can't stand women with wigs.

Ani Lee:

Well, i still stick to my idea that different women look good with different hairs. Some women look really really pretty and beautiful with male-short hair or even bald and some women look as equal with shoulder-length/longer hair. And some just look like creeps no matter what they do wit their hair (aint their problem though). But Hint: Get a personal (professional) stylist and find what  hair suits you. In most cases, the hair you feel most comfortable in is the hair that really makes you look good. And in return you will find, some men love women with short hair and some with long hair.

Ani Lee, u don't understand.I dont look awkward with it at all and a professional hairstylist did it. Every time i cut my hair people always tell me how good i look . Apparently hair covers my face, but when it's shorter u can see all my features better. I'm sure he'll get used to it.
Re: What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by blandyne(f): 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2009
I wonder why no man has post any comment yet.
Re: What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by ritaNL: 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2009
undecided I think you are okey with short hair if that's what makes you happy but remember you have to make him happy too.
Re: What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by biolabee(m): 3:01am On Oct 21, 2009
its graceful,

however 4 u its just a thing n it will grow back
also remember variety is the spice of life
Re: What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 21, 2009
I doubt they know what they want half the time.
Re: What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by Rooneyboy(m): 3:44am On Oct 21, 2009
I would love to c ur pix.
Re: What's The Deal With Men And Hair? by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 21, 2009
Ok. Many other ways to stand out, you know.

People and their ways of consoling themselves

(1) (Reply)

There Are More Lonely Men Than Women In Nigeria / My Ex-girl Has Vowed To Break Up My Present Relationship / Birth Control Pill, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.