Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. (2210 Views)

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / I Need Help About Relocating To Ibadan / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by MillzGray: 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
Good afternoon Nairalanders, both home and abroad. This post is mainly directed to Nigerians abroad, but anybody having info is welcome. A bit of a background: I'm a 19 year old female in my 3rd year in the university of lagos studying microbiology.

I have already made up my mind to relocate to any of the following countries once I'm done with my education:
1) Canada
2) U.S.A.
3) All the countries in the U.K.
4) Australia
5) New Zealand.

So I am throwing this request to Nigerians in these places or people who have tangible info. Please, please and please how in the world did you relocate? Share your stories, experiences and tips please. I just want a step by step guide on what you did to get you out of the country. It doesn't matter what job you do now or anything. No hate comments please, no "nigeria is still home, things aren't easy out there etc" comments either. My mind is made up. Thanks to all who have useful input to contribute.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Tkayhandsome(m): 9:58am On Sep 01, 2016
Lol

Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Tkayhandsome(m): 10:03am On Sep 01, 2016
But don't you think you are confused? 2015 you were seeking advice for university to attend, here now in 2016 you are in year 3. Na so? Check your other thread and stop lying..
MillzGray:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, both home and abroad. This post is mainly directed to Nigerians abroad, but anybody having info is welcome. A bit of a background: I'm a 19 year old female in my 3rd year in the university of lagos studying microbiology.

I have already made up my mind to relocate to any of the following countries once I'm done with my education:
1) Canada
2) U.S.A.
3) All the countries in the U.K.
4) Australia
5) New Zealand.

So I am throwing this request to Nigerians in these places or people who have tangible info. Please, please and please how in the world did you relocate? Share your stories, experiences and tips please. I just want a step by step guide on what you did to get you out of the country. It doesn't matter what job you do now or anything. No hate comments please, no "nigeria is still home, things aren't easy out there etc" comments either. My mind is made up. Thanks to all who have useful input to contribute.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by MillzGray: 10:25am On Sep 02, 2016
When I posted that in 2015, I was already in school even though I did not mention it. I just wasn't happy with what I was studying. I decided to go with it in the end though since I was already
two years in and doing well. So don't jump to conclusions without knowing something as it makes you look very stupid and I am very concerned about sharing the status of 'human being' with a moronic person. Thank you.

People with tangible info are still very much welcome. Thanks once again.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Harmony222(m): 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
travelling these days has never been too tedious a job to do, major thing of interest from these VO's is your bank statement and your home ties... for sure both can be maneuvered but it better to always come out clean n legit...
are you requesting for a study visa or work visa?

1 Like

Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Travellerhub: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
As pointed out by Harmony222 traveling these days isn't a joke, Relocating is capital intensive and requires proper planning, from your purpose of relocating, to meeting your proposed visa requirement, Bank statement and Strong Home ties proofing...

can you answer the following question:
why do i want to relocate?
through which means should i relocate?
can i meet the proper requirement for my propose plan?

if you can these questions then you are a Step closer to getting what you want.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by MillzGray: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
Harmony, I'm looking to relocate permanently but any means leading up to that is welcome. Are you living abroad?
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by MillzGray: 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2016
Travellerhub, a better standard of living is my aim really. Note I didn't say COST but STANDARD. I'm not after "making it big" or "becoming a billionaire", just a normal, middle class life BUT with standards that obviously can't be found in this country. I've really researched into certain programs like the Canadian FSWP but it seems the only way to have that really work for you is to have a job offer before leaving or to be working there at the time of application. This is hard as employers aren't so keen on foreigners, making work permits hard, talkless of permanent residence permits. Do you have information about this or know anybody that does? I'd appreciate it. Do you live abroad?
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Harmony222(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
MillzGray:
Harmony, I'm looking to relocate permanently but any means leading up to that is welcome. Are you living abroad?
the best and sure route is through study.... every country has it's. own policies so it's difficult to give a straight answer until you have decided which Country to go.

1 Like

Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
MillzGray:
I've really researched into certain programs like the Canadian FSWP but it seems the only way to have that really work for you is to have a job offer before leaving or to be working there at the time of application. This is hard as employers aren't so keen on foreigners, making work permits hard, talkless of permanent residence permits.
excatly. its kinda frustrating.. but i think the best way to migrate to this countries is through visitation visa.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Harmony222(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
kelval:
excatly. its kinda frustrating.. but i think the best way to migrate to this countries is through visitation visa.
my opinion as regards best ways to migrate these countries is through study route... quote me anyway anytime

2 Likes

Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
Harmony222:
my opinion as regards best ways to migrate these countries is through study route... quote me anyway anytime
are u for sure? why do you think so and to which countries do you think that applies to?
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Harmony222(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
kelval:
are u for sure? why do you think so and to which countries do you think that applies to?

m mostly talking about USA Australia Canada NewZealand
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Harmony222(m): 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
kelval:

Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
Harmony222:

i so much love that canada so much but their stress is just too much, small time, they will be like you should provide your dead grand-parent for useless proof. but if its that easier to study and work in these countries, can you then enlighten us on their packages please? i think millzgray is also interested.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by omega1685: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2016
study progs have simplified traveling abroad. they 've removed speed bumps and road blocks (I mean the rigour) seamlessly, believe that.
steps
1. secure ur BSc
2. apply for ur MSc with a well worded letter of motivation other wise referred to as statement of purpose, letter of recommendation, secondary school and university transcripts as well as other paper work required by the school in question
3. upon receipt of ur admission letter or right to study,
4. apply for ur accommodation from the students' halls of residence

5. apply for ur student visa (Finland Norway Denmark n Sweden issue but Resident permit that enables you to start working from week of arrival while u are schooling);

submit an affidavit of support duly signed by commissioner of oaths n letter of sponsorship, bank statement along with the docs required by the consular in question.

The rest is history and u are on your way to ur destination.

You should know that choosing to study adds value to the educational system of the country; and with good supporting documents as indicated above,no consular officer can stand on your way,
besides, for Scandinavian countries (Finland Denmark Norway Sweden), the decision to grant Resident permit does not lie with the consular.
The home immigration takes care of That.
NB:
Success results from strategising /planning /implementing.
Failure has an explanation but no matter how tangible the reason may be, it does
not translate to success.

Wish you the best in all ur endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
Thats such one great information... thanks for sharing that. omega1685
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Travellerhub: 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2016
Omga1685 has given you the total 411 as per the question you ask....work on tht
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Travellerhub: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
@ as pointed out by most people here, your best option is to apply as a student,
MillzGray:
Travellerhub, a better standard of living is my aim really. Note I didn't say COST but STANDARD. I'm not after "making it big" or "becoming a billionaire", just a normal, middle class life BUT with standards that obviously can't be found in this country. I've really researched into certain programs like the Canadian FSWP but it seems the only way to have that really work for you is to have a job offer before leaving or to be working there at the time of application. This is hard as employers aren't so keen on foreigners, making work permits hard, talkless of permanent residence permits. Do you have information about this or know anybody that does? I'd appreciate it. Do you live abroad?
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by MillzGray: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2016
Student Visa? No problem. But I am still very confused. Shebi I'll finish studying and my visa will expire and I'll have to return to my country? How does one surmount that hurdle? That's my confusion. I saw some countries give extension when your student visa expires though but is this automatic? Is it legal to look for a job with that extension? Extra paperwork? These are the things. Thank you all so much for your contributions.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by MillzGray: 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
Also, I am aware some nairalanders are settled CNAs (Certified Nursing Assistant/Aide) in the USA or at least have valuable info on how their relatives or friends were able to achieve this feat. Please be kind enough to share your information. Thank you.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by elvis10ten(m): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
Which of the countries can I get a student visa with 2.5m naira. I was initially saving to study in Germany, but thanks to Buhari, I don't think I will be able to get the 8700 Euro visa bond as soon as possible. I am not yet in any university in Nigeria and just 18 years. Thanks for the help.
@omega1685, @harmony222
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Travellerhub: 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
With the current exchange rate? Try Countries Estonia, India, Finland,Turkey and Hungary
elvis10ten:
Which of the countries can I get a student visa with 2.5m naira. I was initially saving to study in Germany, but thanks to Buhari, I don't think I will be able to get the 8700 Euro visa bond as soon as possible. I am not yet in any university in Nigeria and just 18 years. Thanks for the help.
@omega1685, @harmony222
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by Travellerhub: 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
Well... I'm new to naira land nd I really don't know how to check my E-mail in here
MillzGray:
@Travellerhub, I am not on skype, sorry. But I sent you an email. Please reply so we can communicate better. Thanks.

@all, please keep the information, experiences and advice coming. Thank you.
Re: I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. by justwise(m): 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
Travellerhub:
Well... I'm new to naira land nd I really don't know how to check my E-mail in here

Please stop diverting open discussion like this to private, you have done it before in another thread and this should be the last.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Land Border Opening / Genuine Australia visa link / Can You Fly In A Push-started Plane?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.