Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,835 members, 7,802,671 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

World Tribute To The Nigerian Legend J.J. Okocha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Tribute To The Nigerian Legend J.J. Okocha (1369 Views)

J.J Okocha Blast Buhari During Commentary After France Vs Croatia Match / World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation / J.J Okocha Disguises As A Cleaner In Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Tribute To The Nigerian Legend J.J. Okocha by rainerboy1010: 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
The German legend reminisces about the former Nigeria international's sensational goal after 23 years

Oliver Kahn has disclosed that he is yet to recover from the wonder goal he conceded against Nigeria's Austin Jay Jay Okocha in a Bundesliga fixture between Eintracht Frankfurt and Karlsruhe in 1993.

Okocha who came on as a second half substitute for Eintracht Frankfurt provided an assist and scored his wonder goal, by dribbling the entire back-line of Karlsruhe before slotting the ball past Kahn to secure a 3-1 win.

The former Bayern Munich skipper paid a tribute to the Nigerian legend as he recalled the encounter exactly 23 years after on his Twitter page.

"Exactly 23 years is the sensational goal from Jay-Jay Okocha today ago - and I'm still dizzy ...," kahn tweeted.

The goal was voted as 1993 Goal of the year by viewers of Sportschau (an ARD German TV sports programme).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WU-KA1D79E

cc: lalasticlala
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/17102/extra-time/2016/08/31/27044902/okochas-goal-makes-me-dizzy-oliver-kahn?ICID=HP_HN_4

1 Like

Re: World Tribute To The Nigerian Legend J.J. Okocha by eshietIntrepid(m): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2016
Thanks god is tribute to a goal scored, not to okocha
Re: World Tribute To The Nigerian Legend J.J. Okocha by rainerboy1010: 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
Re: World Tribute To The Nigerian Legend J.J. Okocha by Icon4s(m): 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ha! That headline almost caused me heart attack!
Hush.. grin Thank God.

2 Likes

Re: World Tribute To The Nigerian Legend J.J. Okocha by rainerboy1010: 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
Icon4s:
Ha! That headline almost caused me heart attack!
Hush.. grin Thank God.

we are talking of his skill here grin
Re: World Tribute To The Nigerian Legend J.J. Okocha by nerodenero: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
If JJ Okocha was white, he'd have been rated high and given the desired recognition a player of his calibre deserves.
Re: World Tribute To The Nigerian Legend J.J. Okocha by MPSA(m): 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
Thanks god is tribute to a goal scored, not to okocha

grin grin grin,Even myself grin, I was thinking like you grin At least he is talking about something different, not the one in our mind grin, long live okocha, long live grin
Re: World Tribute To The Nigerian Legend J.J. Okocha by ibehKachukwu: 12:41am On Sep 01, 2016
Legend

(1) (Reply)

Next Ballon D' Or Winner / Joshua Vs Takam / Heavyweight Boxing. Inevitable Anthony Joshua Vs Deontay Wilder: The Build Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.