Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

My Life In Secondary School - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life In Secondary School (2152 Views)

My Life In Pastor's House . .by. Abayomi / THE MAGNIFICENT BROTHERS. Season 1( Life In Secondary School) / Throwback: Nigerian Literature Books We Used In Secondary School!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
Sorry to keep you all waiting for all this while. This is the continuation of 'My life in secondary school 1'. ENJOY!!

¤¤¤¤
CHAPTER FOUR
AS it turned out, Dad was using our parlor as his
weekend conference room, something he only did
in Saturdays when Mom wads less likely to be
around. As usual, I got the post of Chief Greeting
Officer. Thank God my nightie was a bit
swagcious so i ran out and greeted them. There
were three men and a woman all dressed
casually. I checked my breath for any unpleasant
smell and having found none, i opened the door
with my brightest smile ever.
'Good morning sirs and ma, ' I greeted
courteously. 'Please cone in'.
After showing them inside the parlor where my
dad was already waiting with his laptop and a
bunch of files on the centre table, i hastily ran to
my room and freshened up. Two hours later, i
woke up(didn't even know when i slept off sef)
and i decide to get something to eat since dad
interrupted my breakfast session. My phone rang
and i checked the caller ID. It was Lillian.
'Hey, Daisy, how are you? You were sleeping like
a log of wood and I didn't want to disturb you,'
she said. I laughed.
'Didn't want to disturb me or didn't want to
receive a slap? 'I teased. I am very notorious for
slapping people in my sleep. Lillian chuckled.
'That too. Anyway, am at one clothes shop like
that and i wanted to find out if you wanted
anything '
Trust Lillian FM always buy something for me.
'Hm.... okay, buy me any swaggerlicious cardigan
that will go with my school uniform. I really want
to look good on closing day.' My school always
made the students wear their school uniform on
the closing day.
'Hm! Daisy swag! Anty no pee sha, I'll see what i
can do,' she promised.
'Thanks Lil, you're the best sister ever! ' I cut
the call and headed for the stairs. The house
was quiet and i could guess that Dad had
finished his meeting. I quickly fixed myself some
biscuit flakes and then went back upstairs.

Next upd8 coming soon. i need some comments
to continue please. Let me know if am gud
enough
Re: My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
CHAPTER FOUR cont...

My school's closing day rang out bright and clear. I had loosened my hair so i packed it in a pick hair band and let some fall by the side. I wore the navy blue cardigan that had pink lining at the edges(the one that Lillian bought for me). I wasn't sure if we were allowed to carry phones so i left mine at home and carried my pocket camera. Lillian offered to drive me to school and i had a feeling she just wanted yo see Charles's elder brother. She looked so breathtaking in the simple floral skirt and pink blouse that she wore.
'Wow Lil, you sure are dressed to kill today. 'I commented. She giggled.
'Who knows? I may even get a potential hubby there o!'she joked. Since Sarah had already reached school with her being a choirester and all that. Wetin concern me sef? Sha, we reached school within 30mins since we borrowed Dad's car. My friends rushed to the car.
'Hey, Daisy. Did you and Charles plan matching cardigans or what?'Sandra asked. I became confused.
'How?' I asked.
'His cardigan looks exactly like yours!'Quincy exclaimed. I smiled inwardly.
'Life's good' I said to myself.
'Daisy, enjoy yourself okay?' Lillian called out. 'I'm going to find any friend i can. Bye!'
I waved Lillian and walked off with my friends. We went to where our classmates were seated and Charles waved to me. I smiled and waved back.

Please i need encouragement so i can finish this story in two weeks. Thanks
Re: My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
The ceremony went on without a hitch and by the time it was over, I and Charles were already taking pictures with some of my friends. He even introduced me to his own friends and we all took pictures together.
'Ehen... Charles didn't your brother come today?' Sandra asked. Charles looked at me before responding.
'He did, but he went in search of any friend he could find, 'Charles told her. 'Any problem? '
'No, not at all, I was only asking, 'Sandra replied. I could tell Sandra liked Fred but i just kept mute. I didn't want her to even spoil things for my sister sef, since it was obvious that Lillian liked him.
'Speak of the devil.... 'Charles said as he pointed towards one direction. Lillian and Fred were talking and gisting and were even headed towards us.
'Oh! See them here sef. i was thinking we'll have to send out aearch party to look for them, 'Fred said to Lillian and Lillian actually giggled! Lillian never giggles. She says that giggling is for small kids who do not have home training and to see her giggling was a sure sign that she liked Fred.
'Actually we were even looking for you guys o! 'I said.
'That's true, the only place we didnt check was the toilet. Right, Daisy? '
'Ofcourse. We collected our results already. Lets go home, 'Charles said.
'Haba you guys snapped? 'Fred asked changing the topic.
'Siiiince! ' He purposely elongated the "since".
'I came with my Dad's car, let's go, 'Lillian offered. When we reached the car, Fred opened the passenger door for Lillian.
'I will do the driving. I don't really enjoy a lady dribing me'He said. As usual, Lillian giggled........ again.
Throughout the drive home, it was as if I and Charles didn't exist. Fred and Lillianjust kept gisting away. I and Charles commented on them amd spent the whole drive to his house laughing. Finally we reached their house and Fred offered to drive us back but Lillian declined.
'Have anice holiday, 'Ibsaid to Fred as we drove out.
On the way home, I faced Lillian.
'You like him don't you? '
'Small susters don't ask their big sisters such things, ' was her reply. I merely smiled to myself.

Please don't only read and go comment too. I need encouragement pls. Enjoy
Re: My Life In Secondary School by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2016
great story. Me likey. #following
Re: My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
Bornita:
great story. Me likey. #following
Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Re: My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 12:03am On Sep 01, 2016
CHAPTER FIVE

Mum decided that we shall be spending the holidays in Port Harcourt. Sarah was constantly against it and she voiced out her opinion one day at the dining table during lunch.
'Mum, remind me again why I should spend my holiday in Port Harcourt? ' she asked, sarcasm clearly noted in her voice.
'Isn't that what holidays are meant for? To travel and explore?'Mum responded sweetly. I swallowed the rice I had in my mouth as i prepared to watch the drama unfold between Sarah and my mother.
'But Mum, 'Sarah whined. 'At least if I'm to do so do not saddle me with Daisy here---'
'Enough young lady!! Do not tempt me. This holiday is to make up for the time your dad and I shall travel since it has been well established that both of you cannot co-habit together in the same habit at without wanting to rip the lungs out of each other. You are going to Port Harcourt and that is my final decision 'Mum said.
'Mum, we can stay with Lillian since it's obvious she will be coming from time to time.' Sarah was still bent on making Mum change her mind.
'Lillian is not in break like the two of you and besides, she has a lot of projects to accomplish, projects she won't be to do once both of you distract her. You're spending your holiday in Port Harcourt and that is final. End of discussion!' The table fell silent as Sarah obviously wasn't making any headway in the argument.
Going to Port Harcourt only meant one thing: we were staying with Aunt Vee. Aunt Vera is a very cool person. The kind of person whom you can share a secret with and have to fear being exposed. She was the second to the last child of my dad's father. She worked as a counselor in one of the prestigious secondary schools in Port Harcourt and also did volunteer work for some of the orphanages. The only reason why Sarah hated Aunt Vee was because of her insistence for us to do all the kitchen work.
'A woman's first room is her kitchen ' she would always say. If there's anything Sarah hated more than the devil himself, it was kitchen work. Cooking, cleaning, washing any sort of thing, were off her list. She would even prefer to scrub toilet than do kitchen work. All I was thinking of was what to pack to pack to Aunt Vee's house. I was so excited!!

1 Like

Re: My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
CHAPTER FIVE cont....

On Saturday, Mum made sure left for Port Harcourt very early. Sarah and I still weren't in good terms cause she had snobbed me more often than not on the journey. My aunt lived in Old GRA and the traffic was kinda heavy so we got stuck in traffic for like two hours.
'Una dey hunger?' David asked in his half baked English.
'Is there anything to buy? 'I asked hopefully. We had already spent more than ten hours on the road sop. y stomach worms were already doing shoki inside me.
'Mame i buy bread come? '
'What if you go out and this line starts moving?Me i don't know how to drive o! 'I joked. 'Sarah, do you know?' As usual, I was given the cold shoulder. As God would have it, a plantain chips seller passed by and David bought worth #200. 'Thanks,' I said.
The traffic eased and we began moving. By 7o'clock, we arrived Aunt Vee's place. She lived in a small bungalow painted deep green and light green. Odd color combo right? The colours suited her fine because green was her best colour. We knocked on the gate and the gateman, Tukur, opened the gate for us. I brought out my phone and dialled Aunt Vee's number. It rang three times before she picked.
'Hello, Aunt Vee? Where are you, we've arrived.... you're stuck in traffic too? Okay.... yes.... ah, thank God. Okay bye! We're expecting you soon!' I faced Sarah. 'She's stuck in traffic too. The key is with Tukur and she kept some food on the counter. We'll have to warm it. '
'Okay. 'Sarah said. 'Go get the key.'
I sighed inwardly. One day, I am going to find out why Sarah hates me so.
Re: My Life In Secondary School by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
great job. Continue
Re: My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 6:33pm On Sep 01, 2016
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Bornita:
great job. Continue
I'm afraid I can't anymore. There's no point wasting my time here. I'm just looking for how to close this thread. Sorry Bonita. I'm just not getting the inspiration I expected. I'm the kind of person that puts down something when i think about it. Which is why i saw dis story and decided to complete it for the previous author but it seems as if am begging people to even read my story sef. so please anybody who knows how to close a thread, should pls communicate it to me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Life In Secondary School by Daeveed(m): 11:31am On Sep 02, 2016
PLEASE continue.....
Re: My Life In Secondary School by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2016
prheedhee:
embarassed embarassed embarassed
I'm afraid I can't anymore. There's no point wasting my time here. I'm just looking for how to close this thread. Sorry Bonita. I'm just not getting the inspiration I expected. I'm the kind of person that puts down something when i think about it. Which is why i saw dis story and decided to complete it for the previous author but it seems as if am begging people to even read my story sef. so please anybody who knows how to close a thread, should pls communicate it to me. Thanks.
alright ma, i understand you buh you should know that rome wasn't built in a day. You've made your decision tho ts not to late to change it.
Re: My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 2:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
Thanks 2 bonita and dayveed, I am well inspired to try again.
¤¤¤¤¤

We had a lot of fun during our stay in Port Harcourt, well... not counting Sarah of course. I told aunt Vee about Charles and she told me i was okay as long as we don't do "the adult stuff". At least somebody believed in me. I gave frequent calls to Mom, Dad and Lil Lillian and they all assured me they were having a good time. Aunt Vee said she was inviting someone to the house.
'Who?' Sarah asked her. I simply shook my head.
'She's a friend of mine'she replied.
'What's her name? '
'Vanessa. She's even coming with her kids, I think you'll find them interesting.'
I looked forward to thus visit that was scheduled for later in the day.

1 Like

Re: My Life In Secondary School by Ladyo142: 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
smiley
Re: My Life In Secondary School by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
wow, ts a good thing you decided to continue. Nice update by the way.
Re: My Life In Secondary School by Pheez(m): 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nyc update
Re: My Life In Secondary School by Daeveed(m): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
Yea Tz'cool... Keep It Cumin
Re: My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
For those of yhu who don't understand the story please read "My Life in Secondary School" by Cheryluv...
Thanks
Re: My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
For those of you who don't understand the story please read "My Life in Secondary School" by Cheryluv...
Thanks..
Update coming up later in d nyt

1 Like

Re: My Life In Secondary School by prheedhee(f): 10:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
Dedicated to Dayveed and Bonita. Thanks for the inspiration!

¤¤¤¤¤
CHAPTER SIX

Later that evening, Aunt Vee called us out to greet her friend. She arrive in a Toyota Hyundai with her two children. I came out to meet them laughing in deep conversation.
'Good evening,ma'I greeted. Aunt Vee turned to face me and smiled.
'Vany, this is my brother's daughter, Daisy. Daisy, this is my bosom friend, Vanessa,' Aunt Vee introduced us. 'It's a pleasure to meet you, ma.' Vanessa scoffed.
'Please call me Vanessa. These are my kids, ' she introduced her children who looked like Sarah's age mates,'Dave and Benita.'
I waved politely and they waved back.
'Vany, let's go in. I don't believe you've come all the way her to see me and we spend all the time outside. Please come in,' Aunt Vee said and led them in.
Once they were all seated, I served them some juice.
'Where's Sarah? Go and call her!' One thing about Aunt Vee is that she hated disobedience, and that was what Sarah had been displaying since we arrive Port Harcourt, so technically, she wasn't anybody's favorite person to be with. But sha, I still ran and called Sarah. She was at the backyard listening to music from her headphones.
'Sarah.' No answer. I raised my voice. 'Sarah!' This time she heard and turned.
'Aunt Vee is calling you.' She removed the headphones.
'What did you say?'
'I said Aunt Vee is calling you. Her guests have arrived and she has been calling you since. Didn't you hear her? '
'Did I hear you? Abeg go jhor! Am coming.' She hissed at me, stood up and walked inside, pushing me in the process.

2 Likes

Re: My Life In Secondary School by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 03, 2016
nice update ..... Keep it coming. Btw, i think you should invite story lovers to the thread.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Borno / Are There No Good Writers On Nairaland? / [story] I Called It R.*.p.e (rated 18+)… Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.