Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 (21916 Views)

Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 / Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland / Ooni Of Ife Visits Alake Of Egbaland (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by grandlexuz(m): 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
Timbuktou:
This and this woman's other political activities is what this woman should be known for, not being the first Nigerian woman to drive a car. We put too much stock in the wrong things in this country.

Bros even the Americans still talk of the first woman to do this and that. Even my mama nova yet drive a car so kudos to this woman nor bros.
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by GoldenJAT(m): 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
Dbeze:
oh dear, the whole world can testify to ur noise making. No be talk talk, ask d developed countries bfor u come to NL to disgrace urself nd ur ancestors.
anoda senseless comment....mk shame catch u small na!Tufiakwa
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by Chaleeee: 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2016
ichoku:
Despite all the noise. They can only copy. We know the right holders to women uprising against taxation in the whole of Africa. They were imitated clear twenty years after.

IGBO ndi oma ekene oooo

There's a difference between a "PROTEST" and a "RIOT". Your Aba women were thugs rioting and looting other people's stores in the market. *typical though* I'm sure this evolved into armed robbery in their children later on.

Kuti led a peaceful protest which achieved it's objectives without rioting or any form of violence.
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by MrMcJay(m): 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
ichoku:
Despite all the noise. They can only copy. We know the right holders to women uprising against taxation in the whole of Africa. They were imitated clear twenty years after.

IGBO ndi oma ekene oooo

Olodo, THis same woman led the Aba Women Riot. Go n read it up.
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by mrLhanray(m): 2:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
generaliy07:
That's real activism, it's not a game for the fearful, if only you know the mystical and traditional powers kings wielded in those days, you'll know it's not a kids play for them to be openly challenged such way.

There's one thing about the Kutis and Soyinka's family line, their early access to western education stood them out. Abeokuta is the cradle of education in Nigeria, it's therefore no brainer the personalities they've produced.

That's why we Egbas rock. Abeokuta has produced great people in the past and present, and will produce more in the future. Mayo lori olumo
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by Alegirl: 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2016
Parent, direct or indirect has influence on their children

Mrs Eniola Soyinka begot the NOBEL Laureate Wole Soyinka and Mrs Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti begot the legend & activist Fela Kuti
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
grandlexuz:

Bros even the Americans still talk of the first woman to do this and that. Even my mama nova yet drive a car so kudos to this woman nor bros.

Yes, they do, but not when they're are more important things to talk about. Who first to dive epp?
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by haryomikun(m): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
Suurulere Baba na you get that history ville ng blog?

You be correct! I don bookmark am down for reading

Am an avid reader of mainly Nigerian history. Trying to grow more in knowledge of past affairs in my country
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by Suurulere(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
haryomikun:
Suurulere Baba na you get that history ville ng blog?

You be correct! I don bookmark am down for reading

Am an avid reader of mainly Nigerian history. Trying to grow more in knowledge of past affairs in my country

Yes! Thanks Baba. Will be updating from time to time. Please, feel free to share with family, friends and foes alike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by Dbeze: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
GoldenJAT:
anoda senseless comment....mk shame catch u small na!Tufiakwa
I don't expect more thn this frm you. Ur forefathers also suffered this same fate
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by Dbeze: 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
enigma2007:

You two should learn to do simple research before spewing rubbish..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adubi_War
http://dareolawin..com/2016/03/massacre-ijemo-people-deserve.html

Moreover, do not rubbish the contributions of those brave women (Either the Abeokuta or Aba uprisings or the taxation wars that pre-dated those two) with ethnic coloration or bigotry.. They do not deserve that nonsense!
. Ur tribe will always b associated wt noise making. U can go nd die now
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by enigma2007(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2016
Dbeze:
. Ur tribe will always b associated wt noise making. U can go nd die now

Coming from an inconsequential fellow... I dont think so!

Get your thinking cap on to do simple research.. Lazy fool
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by Dbeze: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2016
enigma2007:

Coming from an inconsequential fellow... I dont think so!

Get your thinking cap on to do simple research.. Lazy fool
u need nt to do research oga, jst look into the mirror, u will see wht I am talking abt. Coward
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by enigma2007(m): 9:53am On Sep 02, 2016
Dbeze:
u need nt to do research oga, jst look into the mirror, u will see wht I am talking abt. Coward

hahahah! i am sure you cant say that to my face except on a faceless forum nitwit... Now run along ode!
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by Dbeze: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2016
enigma2007:

hahahah! i am sure you cant say that to my face except on a faceless forum nitwit... Now run along ode!
now tell me who nd wht u are? Dangote .?. If nt I stl forgive u, cos u are playing out ur tribal trademark. Empty head
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by Ayobami7(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2018
this is my comment
Re: How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 by Suurulere(m): 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African History And Spirituality / Ahmad Bamalli's Installation As Emir Of Zazzau In Pictures / Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.