Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines (25136 Views)

Gelegele Seaport Development To Begin As Obaseki Signs Mou With China Harbour / Nigeria To Dredge Calabar Port To Accommodate Large Vessels / FG To Review Calabar Port Concession Agreement Over Low Cargo Volume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Deen77: 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
gwales:
The Era of cluelesness is over

Yes ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Ikigia: 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
Good development, well done!!
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by NigerDeltan(m): 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
DropShot:
Kudos to FG.

I am sure when these projects get completed and commissioned by this govt, wailing zombies will disturb us with "the projects were started by Ineffectual Buffoon and PMB is only taking his glory" among other gibberish they usually spew.

And when they were asked to name a single project started and completed by the IB in more than five years, not a single one they could mention.

Those IB's years are best erased from our history.

Its more than 400days already stop complaining bend down and work, guys are not smiling

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
see all the zombies on this thread jesticulating about, shey this mou will put food on your table, the common man is suffering on the street they are slamming our faces with train,go and tell the woman on the market about train
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by muareal: 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
i be think say that name na Jet Li before i come read through again
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by IbBarham(m): 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
I don't understand why government award contracts to foreign companies... Are our engineers incompetent or what? And they will say they are creating employment opportunities...
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]#NoWorksNoVotesIn2019 angry#NoWorksNoVotesIn2019
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]#NoWorksNoVotesIn2019 >:
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2016
#NoWorksNoVotesIn2019 >:

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by chrisxxx(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
To be frank Amaechi is the only former Rivers governor that has remained relevant after their tenure.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by rusher14: 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
2dugged:
see all the zombies on this thread jesticulating about, shey this mou will put food on your table, the common man is suffering on the street they are slamming our faces with train,go and tell the woman on the market about train

I'll try to break it down for you.

If Mama Peace in the market is married to Akpos the bricklayer, chances are Akpos would be employed in the various construction projects going on, including Railway projects.

If Mama Peace sells fried plantain and often finds there are periods of scarcity exacerbated made worse by bad roads all the way from Obayantor in Sapele this would surely make the journey less stressful at the end giving her quicker turnover.

If Peace wan go check her school results for Abraka, you sef check am, no be fast fast with less possibility of accident?

You sef reason am

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by ellovee(m): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
We aren't interested in signing of MOUs, what we want to hear at this stage is commencement of projects, mobilisation to site, disbursement of funds, and stuffs like that.
We've outgrown that age that govt officials will use "signing of MOUs or verbal award of contracts" to deceive us.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
rusher14:

I'll try to break it down for you.

If Mama Peace in the market is married to Akpos the bricklayer, chances are Akpos would be employed in the various construction projects going on, including Railway projects.

If Mama Peace sells fried plantain and often finds there are periods of scarcity exacerbated made worse by bad roads all the way from Obayantor in Sapele this would surely make the journey less stressful at the end giving her quicker turnover.

If Peace wan go check her school results for Abraka, you sef check am, no be fast fast with less possibility of accident?

You sef reason am
in all honesty, you and I know this will not improve the standard of living of the common man on the streets, stop arguing blindly, things are getting harder every day,people are being sacked, companies are down sizing in all corner, food prices are increasing and you think a train will cushion the hardship?, in as much as I commend it,the stomach first, na who never see food chop go dey happy say e wan enter train?
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by rusher14: 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
2dugged:
in all honesty, you and I know this will not improve the standard of living of the common man on the streets, stop arguing blindly, things are getting harder every day,people are being sacked, companies are down sizing in all corner, food prices are increasing and you think a train will cushion the hardship?, in as much as I commend it,the stomach first, na who never see food chop go dey happy say e wan enter train?

Would rail lines build themselves?

Do you really understand what it means to stimulate the economy with capital projects?

Do you really understand how infrastructure leads to human capital growth and development?

Do you see how export is driven by rail links to agricultural belts?

Do you understand how it depopulates high density areas as people really want to be among family and friends, whilst paying the least possible figure for rent?

Do you understand how it makes transport of man and materials much easier?

Do you understand how those trained in train driving, signals, electronics, metal works, ticketing etc. Become employed?

What exactly do you want?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Oblang(m): 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
2dugged:

Believe me this is the best way of reviving an economy. All this should have bin done in those years of plenty but we consume all. We can't keep consuming. Let the end justify the means. We will surely survive this hardship...

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by omolola15(m): 9:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
IbBarham:
I don't understand why government award contracts to foreign companies... Are our engineers incompetent or what? And they will say they are creating employment opportunities...

The Chinese government is paying for half of the project. One of the deals Buhari sealed on his visit to China. The loan he requested for is to build infrastructures. That is why their companies are the one handling the projects.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
rusher14:

Would rail lines build themselves?

Do you really understand what it means to stimulate the economy with capital projects?

Do you really understand how infrastructure leads to human capital growth and development?

Do you see how export is driven by rail links to agricultural belts?

Do you understand how it depopulates high density areas as people really want to be among family and friends, whilst paying the least possible figure for rent?

Do you understand how it makes transport of man and materials much easier?

Do you understand how those trained in train driving, signals, electronics, metal works, ticketing etc. Become employed?

What exactly do you want?

let me tell you what I want, I want to go to the market with #1000 and bring back some thing tangible, money is gradually loosing it's value and you are asking me what I want, we that the train did not pass through our location how does it epp us,how does it put food on our table, landlord has increased house rent, food stuff has increased, transport fare has increased, they want to tax us for call and sms, tell me where our yoke has not been increased, and you still ask me what I want?
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by rusher14: 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2016
2dugged:
let me tell you what I want, I want to go to the market with #1000 and bring back some thing tangible, money is gradually loosing it's value and you are asking me what I want, we that the train did not pass through our location how does it epp us,how does it put food on our table, landlord has increased house rent, food stuff has increased, transport fare has increased, they want to tax us for call and sms, tell me where our yoke has not been increased, and you still ask me what I want?

My friend get to work and stop expecting miracles.

If you don't understand basic economics how can anyone help your case.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
Oblang:

Believe me this is the best way of reviving an economy. All this should have bin done in those years of plenty but we consume all. We can't keep consuming. Let the end justify the means. We will surely survive this hardship...
not everyone will survive this hardship, many will be colossal damage and will pay with their life,things are only going to get worse from all indications 2017 will be worse, it's a fact

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by anonimi: 10:11pm On Aug 31, 2016
henrydadon:
angry
another creative way to thief our money

all this one nah wash

[img]http://i./l0HlK5f1SPeuYbSXS.gif[/img]

Na so oh.
Bros, you sabi dem wella.
Person wey no fit complete 500 metres light rail in Port Harcout for eight years is expected by zombies to do any serious railway project?
The MoU paparazzi is the beginning and the end of the project as far as Buhari administration is concerned.

Kenai:
The Rivers Monorail has already arrived...

And it's about to take off...
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570278_images-4_jpeg_jpeg2ce038dbd0b51d8e59b0a0d616a6e40b[/img]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570371_screenshot_2014-07-23-16-07-14_png29b18d0d659492af789f2e7a9401cc15[/img]

... To outer space.

Mogidi:
He delivered good governance hence his protégé was unsuccessful in his bid to become governor.
Amaechi is high on grade 1 Buhari urine.

ijekul:

As the Judicial Commission of Inquiry set up by the Rivers State Government to probe the sale of valued assets of the state and other matters continued its sitting on Friday, the technical consultant to the state on the monorail project, Arcus Gibbs revealed that  he advised former Governor Chibuike Amaechi against continuing with the project.

Managing Director of Arcus Gibbs Nig Ltd, Wiero Viguezang, however said his company gave the advice only after collecting N22.9bn from the Rivers State Government since its services were enlisted in March 1, 2010.

Viguezang spoke when he appeared before the commission to explain the role played by his company in the monorail project being probed by the commission.

While being cross-examined by counsel to the commission, Dr. Zaccheus Adangor, Viguezang, stated that the monorail project was no longer tenable considering the shortfall in the state’s revenue and the inability of its original technical and equity partners, TSI Nig Ltd, headed by the former military administrator of Rivers State, Brig-Gen Anthony Ukpo (Rtd.), to fulfil its obligations to contribute 80 per cent of its equity holdings.

He disclosed that the state owes his company N1.1bn for its services.
He also said the company had in a letter to the Rivers State through the ministry of transport, in April, made a six-point recommendation to the Rivers State on how to unbundle the monorail project in such a way that the state government can salvage some financial benefits out of the N33.9bn so far invested in the project. The monorail project was originally estimated to cost about Euros2250m.

The technical partner had in its sixth point of recommendation suggested to the Rivers State Government to unbundle the monorail project and approach the manufacturers of the mechanical components and rail tracks in Germany and exploit the possibility of reselling components at a lower price to the manufacturers.

He said the company also advised the state government to consider the option of using the monorail facilities for other commercially viable purposes, mentioning the spaces between pillars and surrounding areas of the monorail project, stressing that the area between Azikiwe Road and the UTC axis could be put into very fruitful commercial purpose.
Viguezang also told the commission that his company and the state government had planned to unveil the monorail project last April specifically to mislead the people of Rivers State into thinking that the project, which has gulped N33.9bn, was still on course.

He admitted that his company wrote a memo to the commissioner for transport to arrange the unveiling of the project essentially for media coverage since the project was “technically uncompleted”. 

According to Viguezang, “We actually wrote to the ministry of transport in January, to arrange for the governor to unveil the monorail project in April for the attention and coverage of the media based on the expectation of the people of the state.”

When asked to clarify if the unveiling was to deceive the people of Rivers State into believing that the controversial monorail project was ready, Viguezang admitted; “It was to deceive the people into believing that the monorail project was at last ready”.

The managing director, however, stressed that “apart from the media coverage and public attention that it is expected to generate, the monorail was not technically and commercially ready. Only phase 1a within phase 1 of the project was ready. So, there was no way the public would have been able to use the monorail as at April when we asked the ministry of transport to unveil the project to the media”.

Viguezang admitted that the Rivers State government enlisted services of Arcus Gibbs at the cost of N600 million from March 1, 2010 to December 1, 2010, after the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with TSI collapsed because TSI could not raise revenue to fulfil the payment of its 80 per cent equity share capital.

He stated that part of its role as the technical service provider to the Rivers State government concerning the monorail project was to evaluate and assess the activities of TSI and give an independent opinion to the Rivers State government.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/how-technical-consultants-advised-amaechi-against-monorail-project-after-collecting-n22bn/218811/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2831519_stealingamaechi_jpegad74e2c90a1a5fd1bd932c3319614bc3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Sodangi77: 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
henrydadon:
angry
another creative way to thief our money
all this one nah wash

[img]http://i./l0HlK5f1SPeuYbSXS.gif[/img]
Bros u de dream? or u stil think say u de GEJ era?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by EZEBEL: 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
I pray it doesn't end like all other promises. APC= All promise cancelled. For instant the same China company for good 7years (2009-2016) under APC Lagos couldn't complete ordinary Orile to mile2 railway. Pikin wey no claw no fit run. I need Zombies to tell us one single achivement this government started and finish. Nigeria is in trouble. A lot of people have lost there jobs, money couldnt buy anythin in the market any more. I really have nothing to loose jus that we know where all those paper will end up AKARA JOINT, SUYA MALLAM, GUGURU AT EKPA, AND LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST SHALANGA. ZOMBIEs make una no quote me.
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
rusher14:

My friend get to work and stop expecting miracles.

If you don't understand basic economics how can anyone help your case.
my case you say?,my friend shut up,you don't feed me,and you are not immune to this economic hardship, so don't tell me what to do, I made my comment, i didn't quote anyone,I see you and the apc chairman are one,what is miraculous about a government meeting the basic needs of its people?so asking for better standard of living is now equated to expecting miracles? , the countries that are doing it do,did they relocate from mars? keep quoting economics while the country continues to sink more into recession
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by rusher14: 11:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
2dugged:
my case you say?,my friend shut up,you don't feed me,and you are not immune to this economic hardship, so don't tell me what to do, I made my comment, i didn't quote anyone,I see you and the apc chairman are one,what is miraculous about a government meeting the basic needs of its people?so asking for better standard of living is now equated to expecting miracles? , the countries that are doing it do,did they relocate from mars? keep quoting economics while the country continues to sink more into recession

I've told you to work and stop expecting miracles.

If you don't understand how infrastructure leads to human development and sustainability what can be done for you?

I reckon you aren't destitute so stop acting like you are.

I really avoid using harsh words on people but you sir, are special.

Simply because groaning has become the vogue must you flow with the rhythm without considering what it means?

If you are more interested in stomach Infrastructure move to Ekiti state. You are an ideal candidate for Fayose's experiment.

Let's see how far it takes you.

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by gallantmoi: 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
They kept signing and signing.

When are we gonna witness mobilising to site?

Half of the projects listed in then 2016 budget, we have not seen contractors on site.

We only see photos of MOU signingd.

Ask Ayade of Cross Rivers, he signed MOU passed cheque since be became governor with no project initiated.

Let us see project progress and not paparazzi of ceremonial signing.
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by speak2me2015: 11:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
meanwhile aero contractors is folding up gradually
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by millionaireman: 12:57am On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:
Kudos to FG.

I am sure when these projects get completed and commissioned by this govt, wailing zombies will disturb us with "the projects were started by Ineffectual Buffoon and PMB is only taking his glory" among other gibberish they usually spew.

And when they were asked to name a single project started and completed by the IB in more than five years, not a single one they could mention.

Those IB's yeiars are best erased from our history.

Lol. Who is IB? Abi you are afraid to mention who IB is?

The whole era of military rule in Nigeria was like locusts years. Those military dictators didn't plan for the future of Nigeria.

Some APCshits create the false impression that Nigeria started with PDP in 1999.

But fact is that the little infrastructure development in the states today are mostly from PDP.
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 01, 2016
Do Nigerians not go to school for what these Chinese. People in the picture do? After they'll the elders are wise. Black elders are not wise..
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by gloryman91: 2:59am On Sep 01, 2016
Thank Allah, FRSC work go reduce now,Buhari merge FRSC with ministry of transportation now.
Re: Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 01, 2016
rusher14:

I've told you to work and stop expecting miracles.

If you don't understand how infrastructure leads to human development and sustainability what can be done for you?

I reckon you aren't destitute so stop acting like you are.

I really avoid using harsh words on people but you sir, are special.

Simply because groaning has become the vogue must you flow with the rhythm without considering what it means?

If you are more interested in stomach Infrastructure move to Ekiti state. You are an ideal candidate for Fayose's experiment.

Let's see how far it takes you.

well it's sis, since you are too eager to defend your pay master to even notice the "f" on my moniker, and well lest us both see how far this will take us,you keep defending your paymasters and as atleast you and your likes don't have a different market where you buy your goods and commodity, we are in it together, but remember this, it will come to a point that you folks can't defend anymore,hehehehe, it's happening already, as for the experiment you mentioned, I think the presidency and the bunch of clueless people seated in high places are the ones doing experiment with our economy, aka trial and error government, grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kashamu’s EFCC Petition: Jobs And Investments In Sports Betting Industry At Risk / Nigeria’s Food Cheapest In West Africa, Say Governors / APC Cannot Win Ekiti Even If Tinubu Becomes INEC Chairman - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.